A Comprehensive Guide to Purchasing Tickets to the POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews in Warsaw
If you are planning a visit to Warsaw, the POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews is one of the must-see attractions. Located close to the Warsaw Old Town, this modern museum contains overwhelming evidence of the long-standing Jewish presence in Poland, from its centuries-old roots to the present day. With documents, artifacts and explanatory displays, this award-winning museum paints a vivid and moving picture of Jewish history in Poland.
In this guide, we’ll cover everything you need to know about getting tickets for the POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews in Warsaw. We’ll cover the types of tickets available and their prices, as well as other important info like opening hours and access details. Read on to start planning your visit!
Types of Tickets
The POLIN Museum offers several types of tickets:
- Standard Entry Ticket: This ticket gives you access to the main museum exhibitions and includes an audio guide in five languages (Polish, English, Hebrew, German, and Spanish). It also includes access to guided tours in Polish, English and Hebrew.
- Concessionary Ticket: This ticket is available to those under the age of 18, students over 18 (proof of student status may be required), and senior citizens over 65. It gives you access to the same features as a Standard Entry ticket.
- Family Ticket: This ticket is valid for two adults and up to four children under the age of 18. It gives you access to the same features as a Standard Entry ticket.
- VIP Ticket: This ultra-premium ticket gives you access to all the features included in a standard ticket, as well additional features like a personal guide, access to special VIP exhibitions, lunch at the museum’s cafe and more. It also includes free merchandise from the POLIN Museum Shop.
- Value Pack Ticket: This package gives you access to both the POLIN Museum and one other municipal museum of your choice in Warsaw. It includes access to all the features of a Standard Entry ticket, with some additional value pack benefits.
The prices for tickets vary depending on ticket type:
|Ticket Type||Price (PLN)|
|Standard Entry Ticket||25/22|
|Value Pack Ticket||35/30|
As you can see, the prices in PLN are listed in two rows. The first number is for buying tickets on site at the museum and the second number is for purchasing tickets in advance online through their website or third-party websites.
Opening Hours & Access Details
The POLIN Museum is open seven days a week from 10am to 7pm. It is located at 77 Anielewicz Street in Central Warsaw, accessible by public transport or taxi. For those wishing to drive, pay-and-display car parking is available near the museum. Visitors should allow at least two hours for a visit to the museum.
Where to Buy Tickets Online?
You can buy tickets to the POLIN Museum through their website at https://museumpolin.org/en/visit/tickets/. Here you can choose from the available ticket types, select your preferred language for audio-guide and add any value-pack options. The website also lists detailed information about the museum’s opening hours, access details, and parking options. For those wanting additional convenience, tickets are also available through GetYourGuide , where you can also find helpful information from previous visitors such as ratings, reviews and photos. Purchasing tickets online is cheaper than buying tickets on-site at the museum (as shown in the price table earlier), so booking ahead of time is recommended wherever possible.
Choosing where to purchase tickets for the POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jewish in Warsaw depends on convenience and preference. Whether you prefer buying through their own website or via third-party websites like GetYourGuide will depend on personal choice. Whichever method you choose it is essential that tickets are booked well in advance as they often sell out quickly! Indeed researching your visit before you go will make your visit to this fabulous museum that much more enjoyable!