A Guide to Paris Underground Bars and Speakeasy Guided Tours with Drinks
Planning a trip to Paris? Why not add a bit more excitement to your stay by exploring the lively yet hidden gems of the city – its underground bars and speakeasies. As one of the trendiest cities in Europe, Paris offers plenty of unique experiences that simply can’t be found anywhere else. Taking part in a guided tour to the speakeasies and secret bars in Paris is one of the most interesting ways to explore the city like a local.
Paris is packed with exciting nightlife spots and one of these is its network of speakeasies and secret hideaways. Paris speakeasy bars tend to feature chic, elegant decor, classic music, and traditional cocktails. And in true Parisian fashion, many of them have hidden entrances or require passwords. Uncovering this unique side of the city can take some real effort, but it makes for a really captivating experience.
That’s why so many people choose to join a guided tour – not only does it provide local knowledge and easy access, it’s also a great way to meet new people. So whether you’re a nightlife enthusiast or just curious, why not join a guided speakeasy tour in Paris and check out some of the city’s best-kept secrets? Keep reading to find out everything you need to know about planning your Paris underground bars and speakeasy tour with drinks.
What Is a Speakeasy?
A speakeasy, also known as a blind pig or blind tiger in the early 20th century, is an illicit establishment typically selling alcohol. The term originated from the days of Alcohol Prohibition in the United States. People would whisper “speak easy” when entering these saloons, so as not to draw too much attention in order to evade authorities.
Today, speakeasies are typically private, members-only bars, often characterized by their strict dress codes and procedures for entry. They offer an atmosphere of exclusivity and sophistication that has made them part of the current-day trend.
Where Are They Located?
In Paris, these covert establishments can be found in back alleys or tucked away in basements – some don’t even have signage – so they can be difficult to find without an insider helping you out. Their exact locations are kept secret, so it can be difficult if not impossible to stumble across them. This is where booking a guided tour comes in handy – it grants you access to these exclusive bars while also providing experienced guides who can help you navigate your way through the nightlife scene.
What Can You Expect From a Guided Tour?
The majority of these tours include four to five venues and typically last three hours. Private tours may be possible for groups as well. Most packages include two drinks per traveler, usually one beer and one cocktail. The guide will usually help you pick a drink from their carefully crafted menu and make sure you’re having the best evening possible.
Tours usually start with an introduction at a conveniently located bar in the city centre before heading off on foot or by public transport to delve into the city’s pulsing underground scene. It’s important to note that these bars are often intimate and off the beaten path, so make sure you dress smartly and follow the guide’s instructions carefully.
What Are Some of the Best Speakeasies?
1. Le Caveau Villa Madie: This bar is well-known among Parisian locals. It offers refined French specialties like champagne or a loaded charcuterie board that pairs perfectly with a cocktail. Reservations are necessary when planning your visit here, but are well worth it as there’s no entrance fee.
2. Little Red Door: This prohibition-style speakeasy has been voted one of the best bars in the world several times over and is located in the hip Marais district. This chic bar offers creative cocktails prepared with expertly crafted ingredients for an unforgettable experience.
3. Le Syndicat: This hidden bar is truly one of a kind and inspired by revolution-era France for a truly authentic experience. Its shelves are stocked with over 400 bottles of spirits and its sommelier is always available for advice on what to drink.
4. Le Magenta: This cozy spot is located close to the Champs-Élysées in the 8th arrondissement. It’s known for its delicious cocktails that are inspired by old classics and updated with modern twists.
5. Prescription Cocktail Club: This hidden gem is tucked away near Rue Saint Honoré and serves up delicious libations that range from classic French cocktails to unique concoctions like absinthe-infused martinis. For an unforgettable night out, look no further than Prescription Cocktail Club!
As you can see, Paris offers plenty of speakeasy bars that all have something unique to offer. Taking part in a guided speakeasy tour provides access to some of the most popular spots throughout the city that simply can’t be found without an insider helping you out! It’s an unbeatable way to discover an incredible side of Paris that many tourists don’t get to experience – providing a truly unforgettable night out with friends or family members.
If you want to explore Paris’ most secret bars and speakeasies without worrying about getting lost, then why not book an underground bars & speakeasy guided tour with drinks through GetYourGuide? In just three hours you’ll have experienced some of the finest bars Paris has to offer – with plenty of drinks in tow! Have a great time and don’t forget to look stylish as these bars tend to have strict dress codes!
Share This Article with Your Friends
If you found this article helpful, your friends might appreciate it too. Click on any of the social share buttons below to share it with them and spread the knowledge.