A Tour of the Zambezi National Park During a Private Game Drive in Victoria Falls Town
Victoria Falls is one of Africa’s iconic landmarks, located in one of the most picturesque locations on the planet. This UNESCO World Heritage Site is located in the Zambezi National Park, a haven for wildlife and home to the glorious Victoria Falls. One of the best ways to explore the Park is on a private game drive, where you can take in the views of this stunning landscape as you enjoy the thrill of spotting some of Africa’s finest wildlife.
For tourists to Victoria Falls, a private game drive is a must. It provides a chance to experience the beautiful and diverse wildlife of the Zambezi National Park at a relaxed pace. The drive takes you around the borders of the Park, where you will be able to spot some of the resident animals, such as elephants, antelopes and zebras.
The tour guides are knowledgeable in all aspects of the Zambia wildlife, which ensures that no matter what time of day or night you choose to embark on your game drive, you will be in for a thrilling and educational experience. As part of the tour, you will also get to learn about the history and culture of this area, as well as its huge variety of flora and fauna.
Not only will you be able to experience Africa’s amazing wildlife, you’ll also get to enjoy some of the breathtaking natural wonders at Victoria Falls. As you are driving along, you will be able to take in the spectacular views over the Victoria Falls Gorge and the Cataracts. Standing on top of the bridge that crosses over the gorge, you can marvel at the sheer grandeur of this wonder of nature while taking in the significant sights and sounds of the chattering rapids.
Your game drive can also be taken at night. Although the darkness may make it harder to spot some of the nocturnal animals, armed with powerful flashlights your trained guides will add an exciting element of discovery to your night game drive experience. You may be able to see nocturnal bush babies, civets or maybe even a leopard if you are lucky! A unique way to explore Victoria Falls and its surrounding areas and see things that can only be seen when darkness falls.
One of the best things about a private game drive is that it allows you to explore distant areas and observe wildlife without disturbing them. By travelling in an open vehicle, with your guide ensuring disturbance to wildlife is limited, it allows for some amazing close-up viewing techniques so you can learn more about Africa’s renowned beasts.
No matter how much time you have available during your stay in Victoria Falls Town, a private game drive will provide you with an unforgettable adventure – and a chance to witness nature’s beauty in its purest form.
Ready to explore Victoria Falls Town’s natural wonders? Visit: Get Your Guide to book your private game drive today.
An Insider’s Guide to Victoria Falls Town, Zimbabwe
Victoria Falls Town is a popular destination for tourists who come to experience the majestic Victoria Falls. But there is much more to this town than just the waterfall. From wildlife experiences to cultural activities, there is plenty to see and do in Victoria Falls Town. This insider’s guide will take you through some of the best attractions, dining spots, cultural experiences, local history, and off-the-beaten-path suggestions.
Apart from the popular Victoria Falls, there are several other attractions in this town which you should visit:
– Zambezi National Park: This park boasts an abundance of wildlife including elephants, lions, buffalo, and many more. A private game drive will give you an up-close look at these majestic animals in their natural habitat.
– Devil’s Pool: For the adrenaline seekers, Devil’s Pool is a must-visit! It is a natural rock pool situated right on the edge of Victoria Falls, offering a thrilling and unique experience.
– Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park: This park offers an equally beautiful view of Victoria Falls from the Zambian side. It also offers activities such as bungee jumping, zip-lining, and river rafting.
– The Big Tree: This impressive baobab tree, estimated to be over a thousand years old, is located in the middle of a small forest and is a popular destination for visitors looking for a peaceful nature walk.
Victoria Falls Town has a range of dining options, catering to different tastes and budgets:
– Boma: Situated at Victoria Falls Safari Lodge, Boma offers a unique dining experience with traditional Zimbabwean cuisine and live entertainment.
– Lookout Cafe: This restaurant, situated on a hill overlooking the Batoka Gorge and Zambezi River, is known for its scenic views and delicious meals.
– Three Monkeys: Located in the center of town, Three Monkeys offers a range of international dishes and a lively atmosphere.
Victoria Falls Town has a rich history and culture, and there are plenty of opportunities for visitors to experience this:
– Victoria Falls Cultural Center: This center offers a glimpse into the culture of the local tribes, with traditional dances, craft markets, and food stalls.
– Railway Museum: This museum showcases the history of the railway system in Zimbabwe and its impact on the country’s development.
– The Iron Age Village: This reconstructed village dates back over 1,000 years and gives visitors a chance to see how the local tribes lived before the arrival of Europeans.
Victoria Falls Town has a fascinating history, and there are several historical landmarks worth visiting:
– Livingstone Statue: This statue, located in the center of town, honors David Livingstone, the Scottish explorer who discovered Victoria Falls in 1855.
– Victoria Falls Bridge: This historic bridge was built in 1905 and played a significant role in connecting Zimbabwe to Zambia and the rest of southern Africa.
– Old Drift Cemetery: This cemetery, located in Zambezi National Park, is the final resting place for early European settlers who came to the area to trade with the locals.
For those looking for something a little different, here are some suggestions:
– Mpisi Village Tour: This tour takes visitors to a nearby village where they can experience the daily life of the locals, learn about their traditions, and even cook traditional meals with them.
– Crocodile Farm: This farm, located just outside of town, is home to several Nile crocodiles. Visitors can take a tour of the farm and even hold a baby crocodile!
– Helicopter Ride: For a unique view of Victoria Falls and the surrounding area, a helicopter ride is a must-try experience.
In conclusion, Victoria Falls Town is a destination with something for everyone – from nature lovers to thrill-seekers, history buffs, and cultural enthusiasts. With its rich heritage, magnificent landscapes, and exciting experiences, it is a destination well worth exploring.