Welcome to the Mile High City, where the sun shines 300 days a year and adventure abounds at every turn. Denver, Colorado is a vibrant city encircled by stunning mountain ranges, boasting endless possibilities for outdoor recreation, cultural exploration, and culinary delight. Whether you’re a seasoned Denverite or a first-time visitor, there’s always something new to discover in this eclectic, ever-evolving city. In this post, we’ll be highlighting some of the best attractions and things to do in Denver, so get ready to experience the best this city has to offer.
The 5 Best Activities to Do in Denver
- Foothills of the Rockies
- Foothills Mountain Tour
- Denver Citypassr Save Up to 40 on Top Attractions
- Denver Elitch Gardens Theme and Water Park Ticket
- Rocky Mountain National Park Driving Audio Tour App
The 5 Best Activities to Do in Denver
1. Foothills of the Rockies
Escape the city and explore the stunning natural beauty of the foothills of the Rockies on this small-group tour. Let a professional guide take care of the driving while you relax and take in the breathtaking mountain views. Along the way, discover the historic downtown of Golden or sample locally crafted beers. Keep an eye out for buffalo grazing along the highway and appreciate panoramic views from the top of Lookout Mountain. Snacks and bottled water are provided on this personalized tour, which includes all entrance fees and hotel pickup and drop-off. Book now for an unforgettable experience!
2. Foothills Mountain Tour
Explore the grand and picturesque scenery of the Rocky Mountains and Colorado’s Wild West history with a half-day Foothills Mountain Tour. This moderate tour offers a fantastic opportunity to experience the mountain attractions just outside the Mile-High City with limited time. You will have the chance to visit the famous natural amphitheater at Red Rocks, get panoramic views of Denver and the Front Range from atop Lookout Mountain and pay tribute to one of the great showmen of the early West at the Buffalo Bill Museum and Grave. Encounter the descendants of America’s last wild buffalo herd grazing in the foothills as you travel with a small-group limited to 14 people. Meeting point is at 1747 Wynkoop St Denver CO 80202 USA with a 10 AM pick-up from Union Station. Bottled water is included while lunch and gratuities are not.
3. Denver Citypassr Save Up to 40 on Top Attractions
Enjoy your visit to Denver with the CityPASS® and save up to 43% on your purchases. With this package, you have the flexibility to choose between 3, 4 or 5 of the top attractions in the city, including the Downtown Aquarium, Denver Botanical Gardens, and Denver Museum of Nature and Science. Other options include The Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus, The Wings Over the Rockies Air and Space Museum, The Denver Art Museum and The History Colorado Center. You can enjoy instant delivery of mobile tickets and visit the attractions over seven days, allowing you to take your time to explore all the sights. Book your CityPASS® now and discover the best of Denver’s attractions at a discounted price.
4. Denver Elitch Gardens Theme and Water Park Ticket
Located in the heart of Denver and celebrating over 130 years of fun, the Elitch Gardens Theme and Water Park is Colorado’s only world-class combination theme and water park. With a variety of thrilling roller coasters, including the Mind Eraser and Boomerang, and pint-sized adventures in the water park, there’s something for everyone. Enjoy scenic views of Denver and the Rocky Mountains while plummeting 200 feet on the Tower of Doom or swinging at 17-stories tall on Star Flyer. Don’t miss the award-winning Tube Top Slide or the many other exciting events, entertainment, games, and arcades. This 1-day ticket includes access to XLR8R bungee jumping attraction, Sling Shot attraction, food and drinks, and parking. Please note that this tour is not suitable for people under 3 ft 9 in (120 cm). Come experience a whole season of screaming fun at Elitch Gardens.
5. Rocky Mountain National Park Driving Audio Tour App
This audio tour app offers an excellent way to explore the beauty of Rocky Mountain National Park, even offline. With a live GPS guide, you can learn about the history and traditions of the Ute tribe who lived in the area, discover hidden gems and find the best hiking trails, viewpoints, and natural landscapes. You’ll hear little-known facts and fascinating stories about the park’s history, culture and wildlife. With the link to download the app and a unique password for your tour, you’ll have access to an audio guide, location-aware map, and storyteller all in one mobile app. The tour is designed for ease of use, with stories that auto-play based on your location once you have started. You’ll enjoy excellent value, as only one tour needs to be purchased per car, and the app works without a cell signal or wifi once downloaded. Experience the raw natural beauty of Rocky Mountain National Park with this driving audio tour app.
Frequently Asked Questions About DenverIf you’re planning a trip to Denver, Colorado, you may have some questions about the city. To help you out, we’ve compiled the most frequently asked questions about Denver and provided answers to each one.
1. What is the best time to visit Denver?Denver is a great city to visit year-round, but the best time to visit depends on your preferences. If you’re into winter sports such as skiing or snowboarding, then the best time to visit is during the winter months of December to February. If you prefer milder weather, then the best time to visit is during the summer months of June to August. Fall and spring are also good times to visit as the weather is mild and the crowds are smaller.
2. What is the weather like in Denver?Denver has a semi-arid climate, which means it has low humidity and moderate temperatures. Winters are cold and dry, with average temperatures ranging from 15°F to 50°F (-9°C to 10°C). Summer temperatures range from 60°F to 90°F (15°C to 32°C) and are usually mild and dry. Chances of rain or snow are higher in the spring and fall months.
3. What are some must-see attractions in Denver?There are plenty of things to see and do in Denver. Some of the must-see attractions include:
- Red Rocks Amphitheatre: an iconic outdoor music venue and park with scenic views
- Denver Art Museum: a must-visit for art lovers with over 70,000 works on display
- Denver Botanic Gardens: a beautiful and relaxing garden with various plants and exhibits
- Museum of Nature & Science: an educational and interactive museum featuring fossils, animals, and more
- Union Station: a historic train station turned into a bustling hub of restaurants and shops
4. What are some outdoor activities to do in Denver?Denver is known for its proximity to the Rocky Mountains and outdoor recreation. Some popular outdoor activities include:
- Skiing and snowboarding at nearby resorts
- Hiking in the nearby mountains or city parks
- Biking on the city’s extensive bike paths and trails
- Rock climbing in nearby canyons
- Kayaking or paddleboarding on nearby lakes or rivers
5. What is the food like in Denver?Denver has a growing food scene with a variety of options. Some popular local dishes include green chili, bison burgers, and Rocky Mountain oysters (fried bull testicles). Denver also has a strong craft beer scene with numerous breweries and taprooms throughout the city.
6. What is the transportation like in Denver?Denver has a variety of transportation options, including:
- Light rail: a network of trains connecting various parts of the city and suburbs
- Buses: a network of buses covering the city and suburbs
- Bike share: a system of bikes available for rent at various locations throughout the city
- Taxis and ride-sharing services: Uber and Lyft are popular options in Denver
- Walking: many areas of Denver are walkable, especially downtown areas
7. What is the legal status of marijuana in Denver?Marijuana is legal in Denver for both medical and recreational use. However, there are restrictions on where it can be consumed and purchased. It is illegal to consume marijuana in public places such as parks and sidewalks, and it can only be purchased from licensed dispensaries with a valid ID showing you are at least 21 years old.
8. What are some family-friendly attractions in Denver?Denver has several family-friendly attractions, including:
- Denver Zoo: a popular attraction with various animals and exhibits
- Children’s Museum of Denver: an interactive museum with exhibits and activities for kids
- Downtown Aquarium: an aquarium with various exhibits and a restaurant
- Elitch Gardens Theme Park: an amusement park with rides and attractions for all ages
9. What are some free things to do in Denver?Denver has plenty of free things to do, including:
- Denver Art Museum: free admission for kids under 18 and for everyone on the first Saturday of each month
- Denver Botanic Gardens: free admission on select days and times throughout the year
- Colorado State Capitol: free guided tours of the Capitol building
- 16th Street Mall: a pedestrian mall lined with shops and restaurants
- Cheesman Park: a large park with walking trails and a historic pavilion