Niagara Falls is one of the most iconic natural wonders in the world. Located on the border of Ontario, Canada and New York, USA, it has been a popular tourist destination for over a century. But Niagara Falls is more than just a waterfall. The surrounding area is home to a myriad of activities and attractions, making it the perfect vacation spot for both adventure-seekers and those looking for a relaxing getaway. In this post, we’ll highlight the best things to do in Niagara Falls and the surrounding areas, providing you with a guide for your ultimate Niagara Falls experience. From breathtaking views to exciting adventures, there’s something for everyone in Niagara Falls.
The 5 Best Activities to Do in Niagara Falls And Around
- Niagara Falls in One Day Deluxe Sightseeing Tour of American and Canadian Sides
- Ultimate Spring Walking Tour of Niagara Falls Canada
- Gems of Niagara Falls Small Group Tour
- Canadian Side Sightseeing Tour of Niagara Falls
- Clifton Hill Fun Pass
The 5 Best Activities to Do in Niagara Falls And Around
1. Niagara Falls in One Day Deluxe Sightseeing Tour of American and Canadian Sides
Our deluxe Niagara Falls tour is perfect for those who want to experience everything the Falls have to offer. Our tour covers all the must-see attractions on both the American and Canadian sides. Enjoy the Maid of the Mist boat ride or a “Journey Behind the Falls” tour (depending on the season). Discover the adventurous Cave of the Winds in season, get fantastic aerial views from atop the Skylon Tower, and marvel at several falls including Horseshoe Falls, American Falls, and Bridal Veil Falls. All attraction and admission fees, tolls, bridge tolls, and hotel pickup and drop-off are included in the tour price. Food and beverages will be at your own expense. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to see Niagara Falls like never before.
2. Ultimate Spring Walking Tour of Niagara Falls Canada
Explore the stunning Niagara Falls like never before with this expertly guided tour. The Ultimate Spring Walking Tour of Niagara Falls Canada includes priority access to all attractions, food and drinks, hotel pickup and drop-off, and gratuities. Your local licensed guide will take you to the Skylon Tower, where you can enjoy a panoramic view of this natural wonder. You’ll also pass by Queen Victoria Park and visit other attractions, such as the Fallsview Casino Resort, Journey Behind the Falls, and more.
The meeting point for the tour is at 5200 Robinson St, Niagara Falls ON L2G Canada, in front of the Starbucks at the base of the Skylon Tower. Your tour guide, who will be wearing blue, will be waiting for you 15 minutes before the tour starts.
Travelers should be able to walk at a moderate pace for approximately 30 minutes. The tour involves some walking, and it’s not wheelchair accessible. However, service animals are allowed to join the tour.
The tour ends back at the meeting point, where you can relax and take in the stunning views of Niagara Falls. With a maximum of 20 travelers, your experience is sure to be unforgettable. Book your Ultimate Spring Walking Tour of Niagara Falls Canada today!
3. Gems of Niagara Falls Small Group Tour
Discover the beauty of Niagara Falls on this 6-hour small-group tour that includes admission tickets for Hornblower Niagara Cruises, a tour of Journey Behind the Falls, and a visit to the charming Niagara-on-the-Lake town center. With a limited group size of 14 people, you’ll receive personalized attention from informative, friendly, and professional guides. The tour includes pickup and drop-off at all Niagara Falls Ontario hotels and residences, and transportation is provided by luxury vehicle. All taxes, fuel surcharges, and service fees are included, as well as gratuities. You have the option to either head directly to the meeting point at Sheraton Fallsview Hotel, or request pickup. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to experience the gems of Niagara Falls on this small group tour.
4. Canadian Side Sightseeing Tour of Niagara Falls
This half-day guided tour is a perfect way to experience the Canadian side of Niagara Falls. You will have an up-close view of Journey Behind the Falls and witness the power of Horseshoe Falls. Enjoy visiting the highlight attractions such as the Floral Clock, Whirlpool Rapids, Souvenir City, and the Skylon Tower. The tour also includes a Niagara City boat cruise, where you can take in the incredible views of the falls while listening to live commentary about their history. Hotel pickup and drop-off is included, along with round-trip transport. This small-group tour is limited to 15 people, ensuring a more personalized experience. Please note that the Hornblower Boat Cruise is closed during the winter months due to ice but is available from April through November. Come explore the best of Niagara Falls with this unforgettable tour.
5. Clifton Hill Fun Pass
A visit to Niagara Falls cannot be complete without experiencing Clifton Hill. And what’s the best way to enjoy this bustling center of tourist attractions? With a Clifton Hill Fun Pass, of course! This pass gives you access to six amazing places that guarantee tons of fun and savings all in one convenient location.
First on the list is the Niagara SkyWheel – Canada’s largest observation wheel. Get ready to be amazed by jaw-dropping views of Niagara River, Niagara Parks, and Clifton Hill. Next up, choose between Wizards Golf or Dinosaur Adventure Golf, both offering fun and interactive mini-golf experiences.
If you’re looking for something less sporty, head on over to the Movieland Wax Museum of Stars where you can get up close and personal with Hollywood’s heavy hitters and top music artists. And if you’re up for a challenge, check out the Zombie Attack multi-sensory adventure, where you can blast away at blood-thirsty zombies.
The Clifton Hill Fun Pass offers admission to four top attractions plus five Great Canadian Midway tokens – with all these choices, it’s the recipe for a perfect fun-filled day. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to make your visit to Niagara Falls unforgettable!
10 Most Frequently Asked Questions About Niagara Falls and AroundNiagara Falls is a popular and iconic tourist destination located in both Canada and the United States. With millions of visitors each year, it’s no wonder why people have so many questions about it. In this blog post, we’ll answer the top 10 most frequently asked questions about Niagara Falls and the surrounding area.
1. What Is Niagara Falls?Niagara Falls is a set of three waterfalls located on the Niagara River, straddling the border between Ontario, Canada, and New York, USA. The falls are named Horseshoe Falls, American Falls, and Bridal Veil Falls. Horseshoe Falls is the largest of the three and is located on the Canadian side of the border. American Falls and Bridal Veil Falls are situated on the American side of the border.
2. What Is The Best Time To Visit Niagara Falls?The best time to visit Niagara Falls is during the summer months, from June to August, when the weather is warm and the falls are in full flow. However, this is also the busiest time of year, and prices for accommodation and attractions can be higher. Spring and fall are also great times to visit, as the crowds are smaller, and the weather is still mild.
3. How Do I Get To Niagara Falls?If you’re flying in, Buffalo Niagara International Airport is the closest airport to Niagara Falls. From there, it’s a 30-minute drive to the falls. You can also fly into Toronto Pearson International Airport, which is about a 90-minute drive from Niagara Falls. If you’re driving, Niagara Falls is easily accessible from the US and Canadian highways.
4. Do I Need A Passport To Visit Niagara Falls?If you’re visiting Niagara Falls from the United States, you don’t need a passport. However, if you’re visiting from Canada, you’ll need a valid passport or other travel documents to cross the border. Make sure to check the current travel restrictions before your trip.
5. What Are The Best Attractions Around Niagara Falls?Aside from the falls themselves, there are plenty of other attractions around Niagara Falls to keep you busy. Some of the top attractions include:
- Maid of the Mist boat tour
- Journey Behind the Falls
- Niagara Fallsview Casino Resort
- Niagara-on-the-Lake (a charming town known for its wineries)
- Niagara Glen Nature Reserve
- Butterfly Conservatory
6. Can I Go Helecopter Tour?Yes, there are helicopter tours available for Niagara Falls. These tours offer a unique perspective of the falls and the surrounding area. There are several tour operators that offer helicopter tours, and prices can vary depending on the length of the tour and other factors.
7. What Are The Best Places To Eat Near Niagara Falls?Niagara Falls has a wide variety of restaurants and cuisines to choose from. Some of the top-rated restaurants in the area include:
- Canyon Creek
- Antica Pizzeria & Ristorante
- The Keg Steakhouse + Bar
- Massimo’s Italian Fallsview Restaurant
8. What Are The Best Hotels Near Niagara Falls?There are plenty of hotels to choose from in Niagara Falls, ranging from budget-friendly options to high-end luxury resorts. Some of the top-rated hotels in the area include:
- Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa
- Sheraton On The Falls Hotel
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel
- Great Wolf Lodge
- Red Coach Inn Historic Bed and Breakfast Hotel
9. What Should I Pack For My Trip To Niagara Falls?What you should pack for your trip to Niagara Falls will depend on the time of year you’re visiting and what activities you have planned. Some items to consider bringing include:
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Warm clothing for cooler weather (especially in spring and fall)
- Rainwear (Niagara Falls gets a lot of mist and spray from the falls)
- Sunscreen and sunglasses (for summer)
- A camera or smartphone to capture the stunning views
10. What Are The Safety Precautions Around Niagara Falls?Niagara Falls is a natural wonder, but it can also be dangerous if proper safety precautions aren’t taken. Some tips to keep in mind include:
- Stay behind the safety barriers at all times
- Wear non-slip shoes or boots near the falls
- Watch your step on wet or slippery surfaces
- Don’t lean over the edge of the falls for photos
- Follow all posted signs and warnings
Final ThoughtsNiagara Falls is a must-visit destination for any traveler. With its natural beauty, exciting attractions, and endless activities, it’s no wonder why so many people visit each year. Whether you’re planning a day trip or an extended vacation, we hope this guide has answered some of your most pressing questions about Niagara Falls and the surrounding area.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in Niagara Falls And AroundNiagara Falls is an iconic tourist destination located on the border of Ontario, Canada and New York, USA. It is renowned for its stunning natural beauty and scenic views that attract millions of visitors every year. While it is undoubtedly worth heading straight to the Falls, there are many other things to do and see during your time in the area.In this guide, we will share some of the most popular and exciting things to do in Niagara Falls and its surroundings that you won’t want to miss.
1. Visit Niagara Falls State ParkNiagara Falls State Park is the oldest state park in the United States and is home to the American side of Niagara Falls. The park features a variety of attractions, including hiking trails, picnic areas, and a visitor center that offers an immersive experience through an extensive collection of displays.One of the best ways to see the falls is by taking the Maid of the Mist boat tour that takes you as close as possible to the Horseshoe Falls.Another popular attraction is the Cave of the Winds, where you can walk right up to the Bridal Veil Falls and feel the mist on your face.
2. Experience the Niagara Falls IlluminationThe Niagara Falls Illumination is a sight you will never forget. Watching the falls light up after dark is magical and romantic, and definitely worth experiencing. With over 3,000 LED lights, the falls get illuminated each evening with a variety of colors, making the experience even more spectacular.
3. Explore Niagara-on-the-LakeNiagara-on-the-Lake is a charming and historic town located just a 20-minute drive from Niagara Falls. Its picturesque streets are filled with historic buildings, boutique shops, and restaurants serving delicious local cuisine. The town is also home to several award-winning wineries, making it a must-visit destination for wine connoisseurs.Don’t miss the opportunity to take a relaxing stroll along the Niagara River or attend one of the many festivals organized throughout the year, such as the famous Shaw Festival, which is a celebration of theater.
4. Visit the Niagara Glen Nature ReserveNiagara Glen is an impressive natural area located a few miles from the Falls. It is home to over 400 acres of forest and trails that offer breathtaking views of the Niagara River and its rapids.The park’s main attraction is the Niagara Glen Trail, a moderately difficult 4 km hike that takes you through the Niagara Gorge and offers stunning views of the river and the surrounding wilderness.
5. Take a Helicopter Tour Over Niagara FallsFor an unforgettable experience, consider taking a helicopter tour over the Falls. This offers a unique vantage point that allows you to see the falls from above and offers an unparalleled perspective of the surrounding area.During the thrilling 12-minute tour, you will fly over the American and Canadian sides of the Falls, as well as the Niagara River, and get a bird’s-eye view of the area’s many attractions.
6. Explore the Niagara Wine TrailNiagara Wine Trail is a 30-mile trail running through the Niagara region that offers wine lovers the chance to explore over 20 wineries and vineyards that make up the trail.Many of these wineries offer tours and tastings, giving visitors the opportunity to learn about the winemaking process and try local wines, including award-winning varieties of ice wine.
7. Enjoy Clifton Hill Fun and Entertainment DistrictClifton Hill is a lively and entertaining district located in the heart of Niagara Falls. It features a wide range of attractions, including a giant Ferris wheel, a wax museum, haunted houses, and an indoor waterpark.The area is also home to several restaurants and bars offering a variety of cuisines and drinks, making it a great place to spend an evening with friends and family.
Book Your Tour NowVisiting Niagara Falls and its surrounding area is an incredible experience that offers visitors a wide variety of activities and attractions. Whether you prefer hiking, wine-tasting, or simply relaxing, Niagara Falls has something for everyone.By following the tips in this guide, you can ensure you have a fantastic time while experiencing all that this wonderful destination has to offer.
Share This Article with Your Friends
If you found this article helpful, your friends might appreciate it too. Click on any of the social share buttons below to share it with them and spread the knowledge.
The 5 Best Activities to Do in Niagara Falls And Around
Experience Adventure Like Never Before: Book Your Tour Today!