Welcome to the beautiful island of St Thomas, one of the most popular vacation destinations in the Caribbean. With its crystal-clear turquoise waters, pristine beaches, and lush greenery, St Thomas is a paradise waiting to be explored. Whether you’re a history buff, an outdoor enthusiast, or just seeking a relaxing getaway, this island has an abundance of attractions and activities to offer. In this post, we will take you on a journey through some of the best things to do and places to see in St Thomas. From breathtaking landmarks to exciting water sports, get ready to experience the best that St Thomas has to offer.
The 2 Best Attractions Nearby in St Thomas
The 2 Best Attractions Nearby in St Thomas
1. Pirates, Puzzles Rum Hunt
Discover the hidden treasures of St. Thomas on the Pirates, Puzzles Rum Hunt tour. Starting at 12:00 PM, this guided treasure hunt will take you on an exciting adventure through the island’s most scenic and historic sites.
Upon arrival at the meeting point, guests will receive a bottle of water and snacks for the journey. The admission ticket to Pirates Treasure Museum is included in the package. Lunch will also be provided for your convenience.
The highlight of the Pirates, Puzzles Rum Hunt is the treasure hunt. Clients have the option to purchase a custom treasure from the tour operator to be placed in the buried treasure chest. There will be clues and puzzles to unravel in order to find the elusive treasure.
Guests can choose to request for pickup or head directly to the meeting point. The meeting point is located at Tropical Treasure Hunt Co. in St. Thomas Excursions & Boat Tours. The end point of the tour is the same as the meeting point.
Please note that we are unable to provide pickup services to hotels or Crown Bay M. The WICO Dock in Havensight, St. Thomas VI is the designated pickup point.
Don’t miss out on an adventure of a lifetime with the Pirates, Puzzles Rum Hunt tour!
2. St. Thomas Cycleboats Water Island
This tour offers a unique and fun way of exploring St. Thomas’ Water Island. Instead of a traditional sightseeing boat tour, you can hop aboard a cycle boat – a boat that’s pedal-powered and equipped with cycle stations – and pedal your way to Honeymoon Beach. Here, you can take a break from pedaling, relax on the beach, or even go for a swim where sea turtles have been spotted before. What’s more, feel free to bring your favorite drinks as there are no expensive bar tabs to worry about. The boat is equipped with a motor too, in case you need a break from pedaling. The tour includes rum punch, alcoholic beverages, snacks, coolers and ice, and a Bluetooth stereo. The meeting point is at Tickles Dockside Pub located at Crown Bay Marina, slip 10 of D dock.
Frequently Asked Questions About St ThomasSt. Thomas is a beautiful, tropical island located in the Caribbean Sea. It is a popular tourist destination that offers stunning beaches, exciting water activities, and rich cultural experiences. If you are planning to visit St. Thomas, there are some frequently asked questions you might have about this fascinating destination. In this blog post, we will answer some of the most frequently asked questions about St. Thomas to help you plan your trip.
1. What is the best time of year to visit St. Thomas?The best time to visit St. Thomas is from December to April. During this time, the weather is warm and dry, with temperatures ranging from the mid-70s to the mid-80s Fahrenheit. The downside, however, is that this is also the peak tourist season, so prices can be higher, and the island can be more crowded. If you prefer a quieter atmosphere and lower prices, you may want to visit during the off-peak season, which runs from May to November. Just keep in mind that this is also hurricane season, so there is a higher chance of storms and rainfall.
2. How do I get to St. Thomas?St. Thomas has an international airport, the Cyril E. King Airport (STT), which is located in the capital city, Charlotte Amalie. Many airlines offer non-stop flights to St. Thomas from major cities in the United States, including New York, Atlanta, Miami, and Boston. You can also reach St. Thomas by ferry from other Caribbean islands like St. John, St. Croix, and Tortola in the British Virgin Islands.
3. What are the best things to do in St. Thomas?St. Thomas offers plenty of activities and attractions for visitors. Some of the best things to do in St. Thomas include:
- Relaxing on the island’s beautiful beaches, such as Magens Bay and Sapphire Beach
- Snorkeling or scuba diving at Coral World Ocean Park or Buck Island
- Exploring the historical and cultural landmarks of the island, such as Blackbeard’s Castle and Fort Christian
- Taking a scenic drive through the island’s winding roads and breathtaking views
- Shopping at Charlotte Amalie, where you can find duty-free deals on jewelry, watches, and other luxury items.
- Enjoying a sunset cruise around the island, with live music and drinks.
4. Do I need a passport to travel to St. Thomas?If you are a U.S. citizen, you do not need a passport to travel to St. Thomas, as it is a U.S. territory. However, you will need to bring a government-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license or a passport card. If you are not a U.S. citizen, you will need to check the entry requirements for your country.
5. Is St. Thomas safe for tourists?Overall, St. Thomas is a safe destination for tourists. However, like in any place, there are some safety concerns you should be aware of. Avoid walking alone after dark, especially in secluded areas. Keep an eye on your valuables and do not leave them unattended. Also, do not leave valuable items in your car, as car break-ins can be common. It is also a good idea to have travel insurance to cover any unforeseen events.
6. What is the currency used in St. Thomas?The official currency of St. Thomas is the U.S. dollar. You can use U.S. cash, credit cards, and traveler’s checks in most places on the island. Some stores and restaurants may accept other currencies, such as Canadian dollars or Euros, but it’s always best to have U.S. dollars on hand.
7. What is the legal drinking age in St. Thomas?The legal drinking age in St. Thomas is 18 years old. However, some restaurants and bars may have a higher age requirement, especially if alcohol is being served during specific events, such as concerts or parties. Make sure to bring your government-issued ID if you plan on drinking alcohol.
8. Do I need a vaccination to travel to St. Thomas?There are no mandatory vaccinations required for visitors to St. Thomas. However, it’s always a good idea to check with your doctor before traveling to any destination, especially if you have any specific health concerns or conditions.
9. What is the language spoken in St. Thomas?English is the most commonly spoken language in St. Thomas, as it is a U.S. territory. However, you may also hear Spanish and French spoken, especially in tourist areas.
10. Can I rent a car in St. Thomas?Yes, you can rent a car in St. Thomas. However, keep in mind that driving is on the left side of the road, which may take some getting used to if you’re used to driving on the right side. You will also need to have a valid driver’s license and be at least 25 years old to rent a car in St. Thomas. Taxis and public transportation are also available on the island if you prefer not to rent a car.
ConclusionSt. Thomas is a stunning Caribbean destination with so much to offer. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing beach vacation, an adventure-filled water excursion, or an immersive cultural experience, St. Thomas has something for everyone. We hope this FAQ guide has been helpful in answering your questions and helping you plan your trip to this beautiful island. Remember to take necessary precautions to ensure a safe and enjoyable vacation.
Are you planning a trip to St. Thomas and wondering what activities and attractions to explore? Look no further! This Caribbean island is a true paradise with an abundance of things to do and see. From its pristine beaches to its rich history, St. Thomas has something for everyone. In this post, we’ll share with you the top attractions and must-do activities that will make your visit to St. Thomas unforgettable. So, let’s get started!
The 2 Best Attractions Nearby in St Thomas
The 2 Best Attractions Nearby in St Thomas
1. St. Thomas Cycleboats Water Island
Looking for a different kind of sightseeing tour? Hop on a cycle boat and enjoy the stunning sights of St. Thomas while pedaling your way to Water Island. The boat is equipped with cycle stations so you can help pedal your way to the island’s breathtaking Honeymoon Beach. Once there, you can take a break from pedaling and relax on the beach or swim in the turquoise waters where sea turtles have been found before.
The boat is also equipped with a motor so you can take a break from pedaling whenever you want. No need to worry about expensive bar tabs because you can bring along your own favorite drinks. The tour includes rum punch, coolers and ice, alcoholic beverages, and snacks. You can enjoy your drinks while pedaling your way through the beautiful waters of St. Thomas, and listening to your favorite tunes on the tour’s bluetooth stereo.
The meeting point for the tour is at Tickles Dockside Pub, located in Crown Bay Marina, St. Thomas VI. It’s right in front of Tickles Restaurant–just head down to D dock slip 10 to find the boat. Don’t worry–you can’t miss it!
2. Pirates, Puzzles Rum Hunt
Pirates, Puzzles Rum Hunt is an exciting tour in St. Thomas that will take you on a thrilling treasure hunt adventure. The tour includes a single admission ticket to the Pirates Treasure Museum, bottled water, and snacks. You can also purchase a custom treasure from the tour operator, which will be buried in the treasure chest for you to find.
The meeting point for the tour is at Tropical Treasure Hunt Co. in St. Thomas, where we will provide detailed instructions on how to find us. Alternatively, you can request a pickup from WICO Dock in Havensight. Please note that pickup is not available from hotels or Crown Bay M.
The tour starts at 12:00 PM and ends back at the meeting point. During the tour, you will go on a scavenger hunt that involves solving puzzles and clues to find hidden rum bottles. You will also learn about the history of pirates in St. Thomas and the Caribbean.
Lunch is included in the tour, so you can refuel and relax after your treasure hunt. If you’re looking for an extra special treasure, you can contact the tour operator to arrange a custom treasure to be included in the buried treasure chest.
Overall, Pirates, Puzzles Rum Hunt is a fun and exciting way to explore St. Thomas and learn about its rich pirate history. Don’t miss out on the adventure!
Top Frequently Asked Questions About the City of St. ThomasSt. Thomas is a popular tourist destination in the Caribbean, attracting visitors from all over the world. With its beautiful beaches, rich history, and vibrant culture, it’s no wonder that many people have questions about this enchanting city. In this blog post, we’ll answer some of the most frequently asked questions about St. Thomas to help you plan your trip.
1. What is the best time of year to visit St. Thomas?The best time to visit St. Thomas is from mid-December to mid-April, during the island’s dry season. The weather during this time is typically sunny and warm, with temperatures averaging around 80°F. However, this is also the peak tourist season, so expect higher prices and more crowds. If you’re looking to avoid the crowds and save some money, consider visiting during the off-season, which runs from mid-April to mid-December.
2. How do I get to St. Thomas?St. Thomas is easily accessible by air and sea. The Cyril E. King Airport is the main airport serving St. Thomas, with direct flights from several major cities in the United States, including Miami, Atlanta, and New York City. If you’re coming from the Caribbean, there are also several regional airlines that fly into St. Thomas. Additionally, St. Thomas is a popular stop for cruise ships, with several major cruise lines making stops here.
3. What are some of the must-visit attractions in St. Thomas?St. Thomas is home to a wealth of attractions, both natural and man-made. Some of the must-visit attractions include:
- Magen’s Bay Beach: This beautiful beach is frequently ranked as one of the best in the world.
- Charlotte Amalie: The capital of St. Thomas is home to a number of historic buildings, including Fort Christian and Government House.
- Coral World Ocean Park: This marine park features an underwater observatory, touch tanks, and exhibits on local marine life.
- Blackbeard’s Castle: This historic site is said to have been a favorite haunt of the famous pirate.
- St. Peter Great House and Botanical Gardens: These beautiful gardens offer sweeping views of the island and feature a variety of tropical plants and flowers.
4. What is the local currency in St. Thomas?The official currency of St. Thomas is the US dollar. As an unincorporated territory of the United States, St. Thomas uses the same currency as the mainland. You can exchange money at banks and exchange bureaus around the island, or withdraw money from ATMs using your debit card.
5. Is St. Thomas safe for tourists?St. Thomas is generally considered a safe destination for tourists. However, like any destination, it’s important to take common-sense precautions to ensure your safety. Keep an eye on your belongings in crowded areas, and avoid walking alone in secluded areas after dark. Additionally, be aware of your surroundings and trust your instincts.
6. What is the local cuisine in St. Thomas?St. Thomas offers a range of culinary options, from fresh seafood to authentic Caribbean cuisine. Some must-try dishes include:
- Conch fritters: These fried dough balls are stuffed with chopped conch meat and served with a spicy dipping sauce.
- Callaloo: This traditional Caribbean dish is made with leafy greens, okra, and coconut milk.
- Johnnycakes: These cornmeal-based fried cakes are a popular snack food in the Caribbean.
- Roti: This Indian-inspired flatbread is filled with a variety of fillings, including curried meats and vegetables.
- Mango and papaya: These sweet tropical fruits are a staple in St. Thomas and can be found in a variety of dishes and drinks.
7. What language do they speak in St. Thomas?English is the official language of St. Thomas, and is spoken by the vast majority of the population. However, you may also hear Spanish and Creole spoken, especially in more rural areas.
8. What should I pack for my trip to St. Thomas?When packing for your trip to St. Thomas, it’s important to keep the tropical climate in mind. Be sure to pack lightweight, breathable clothing, as well as plenty of sunscreen and insect repellent. If you’re planning on spending a lot of time in the water, consider bringing water shoes or sandals with good grip. Additionally, don’t forget to bring any necessary travel documents, such as your passport or visa.
ConclusionSt. Thomas is a beautiful and welcoming destination that offers something for everyone. Whether you’re looking to relax on the beach, explore the island’s rich history and culture, or indulge in delicious local cuisine, St. Thomas has it all. With the information provided in this blog post, you’ll be well-prepared to plan the perfect trip to this Caribbean gem.
Table of Contents