Bilbao, situated in the heart of the Basque Country in Northern Spain, is home to a variety of world-class museums, attracting tourists and art lovers from all over the world. From modern art masterpieces to the city’s rich cultural heritage, Bilbao’s museums offer a unique and unforgettable experience. If you’re planning a trip to Bilbao and seeking some cultural exploration, then you’re in luck. In this post, we’ve curated a list of the best museums in Bilbao that you simply cannot miss. So fasten your seatbelts and let’s delve into the world of art, culture, and history.
The 5 Best Museums in Bilbao
- Full Day Private Bilbao Visit With the Guggenheim Museum and Full Pintxo Lunch
- Guggenheim Museum Personalized Private Tour
- Bilbao City Break With Guggenheim Museum Admission Ticket
- Bilbao Guggenheim Museum Private Guided Visit
- Guggenheim Museum Bilbao Inside and Outside Guided Tour
The 5 Best Museums in Bilbao
1. Full Day Private Bilbao Visit With the Guggenheim Museum and Full Pintxo Lunch
Bilbao is home to some of the best museums in Spain offering a unique cultural experience. If you want to make the most out of your visit and maximize your time, why not consider a Full Day Private Bilbao Visit with the Guggenheim Museum and Full Pintxo Lunch?
The visit starts at 10:00 AM where your guide will be waiting for you at the entrance of the San Nicolas church of Bilbao. From there, you will proceed to the famous Guggenheim Museum Bilbao where you will be provided with tickets to enter. You will have two hours to explore the museum and witness its impressive contemporary artwork.
After exploring the museum, the next stop is at the La Ribera Market, where you will have the chance to immerse yourself in the local food culture. You will have an hour to stroll around and discover the market’s unique offerings.
The visit will continue with additional stops, providing you with a well-rounded and in-depth experience of Bilbao.
The tour is not wheelchair accessible, but it is stroller accessible, and it is near public transportation. Most travelers can participate in the visit, and it is a private tour, meaning that only your group will take part.
Are you interested in experiencing Bilbao’s art and food culture? You can easily book this Full Day Private Bilbao Visit with the Guggenheim Museum and Full Pintxo Lunch with the operator Northern Spain Gastronomy. Cancellation is possible up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
2. Guggenheim Museum Personalized Private Tour
The Guggenheim Museum is a must-visit for art enthusiasts and this personalized private tour is a great way to make the experience even more special. With your own private guide, you’ll be able to explore the museum at your own pace and see works by some of the most renowned contemporary artists like Richard Serra, Jenny Holzer, Willem de Kooning, and David Hockney. As one of Spain’s largest art museums, the Guggenheim boasts a unique and futuristic building that is a sight to behold in itself. Your private guide will ensure that you don’t miss out on any of the most important pieces in the museum’s collection and you can even customize the tour to your own interests. The tour lasts for 2 hours and includes entrance tickets to the museum, so all you need to do is show up at the meeting point in front of the Bilbao Museum at 48009 Bilbao Biscay, Spain. The activity ends back at the meeting point, making it a convenient and hassle-free way to experience one of the best museums in Bilbao.
3. Bilbao City Break With Guggenheim Museum Admission Ticket
The city of Bilbao is a must-visit destination for art and architecture lovers. While every museum in Bilbao has its charm, no visit to Bilbao would be complete without seeing the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao. The stunning building designed by Frank Gehry houses an impressive collection of contemporary art. Experience the best of Bilbao with this two-night city break that includes centrally-located accommodation and admission to the Guggenheim Museum. You’ll also enjoy guided walking and bike tours of the city and daily buffet breakfast at your hotel. Book this family-friendly tour now and get excellent value for your money while exploring the culture and history of Basque country’s largest city.
4. Bilbao Guggenheim Museum Private Guided Visit
Enjoy a 1.5-hour private guided visit to the world-famous Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, one of the best museums in the city. During the tour, you’ll have the opportunity to admire the work of renowned artists such as Louise Bourgeois, Eduardo Chillida, Yves Klein, Jeff Koons, and Fujiko Nakaya. Your knowledgeable guide will provide you with insight and information about the masterpieces on display in both the temporary and permanent exhibitions. See both the interior and exterior of the iconic museum and learn about its architectural significance. Admission to the museum is included in the tour package, but personal expenses are not. Join the private guided visit to the Bilbao Guggenheim Museum to experience its beauty and artistry firsthand.
5. Guggenheim Museum Bilbao Inside and Outside Guided Tour
If you’re looking for one of the best museums in Bilbao, then a visit to the Guggenheim Museum is definitely recommended. With this inside and outside guided tour, you can admire the magnificent design of the museum and get a comprehensive insight into its workings, all with the help of a knowledgeable local guide. You’ll also get to see works of avant-garde and contemporary art and benefit from the convenience of skip-the-line entry. Meet your guide outside the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao to begin your tour and discover more about one of the foremost symbols of the city. The tour includes a professional guide, entrance fees, and an audio guide if needed. Transportation to and from the attraction is also provided. Don’t miss this opportunity to experience one of the must-see sites in Bilbao!
Frequently Asked Questions by Tourists about Museums in BilbaoIf you’re planning to visit Bilbao, the largest city in Basque Country, you might wonder what museums to visit and what they offer. In this blog post, we will answer some of the most frequently asked questions by tourists about museums in Bilbao. From admission fees to hours of operation and more, read on to find out everything you need to know.
1. What are the must-visit museums in Bilbao?Bilbao boasts several world-renowned museums, including:
Guggenheim Museum BilbaoThe Guggenheim Museum Bilbao, often referred to as simply the Guggenheim, is one of the most famous tourist attractions in the city. Designed by renowned architect Frank Gehry, the museum is a work of art in itself. The Guggenheim displays contemporary art and features various exhibitions throughout the year.
Bilbao Fine Arts MuseumThe Bilbao Fine Arts Museum exhibits Spanish and Basque art, featuring artists such as Goya and El Greco. The museum also features temporary exhibitions throughout the year.
Euskal Museoa – Bilbao Basque MuseumThe Euskal Museoa – Bilbao Basque Museum showcases Basque culture, history, and traditions. Exhibits include traditional folk costumes, musical instruments, and objects related to Basque mythology and folklore.
2. What are the admission fees for museums in Bilbao?Admission fees for museums in Bilbao vary depending on the museum and the exhibitions on display. Here’s a breakdown of the admission fees for the must-visit museums:
Guggenheim Museum Bilbao– General Admission: €16
– Reduced Rate: €10
– Children up to 12 years: free
Bilbao Fine Arts Museum– General Admission: €9
– Reduced Rate: €6
– Children under 12 years: free
Euskal Museoa – Bilbao Basque Museum– General Admission: €6
– Reduced Rate: €3
– Children under 12 years: freeIt’s worth noting that some museums offer free admission on certain days of the week/month. Check each museum’s website for details.
3. What are the opening hours of museums in Bilbao?Museums in Bilbao typically open at 10:00 am and close at 8:00 pm. However, opening and closing times can differ depending on the museum and the day of the week. Here are the standard opening hours for the must-visit museums:
Guggenheim Museum Bilbao– Monday: 2:00 pm – 8:00 pm
– Tuesday to Sunday: 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
Bilbao Fine Arts Museum– Tuesday to Sunday: 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
Euskal Museoa – Bilbao Basque Museum– Tuesday to Saturday: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm and 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm
– Sunday and holidays: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
4. Are the museums in Bilbao accessible for visitors with disabilities?All of the must-visit museums in Bilbao are accessible for visitors with disabilities. They offer wheelchair access, elevators, and adapted restrooms. A guide or a companion may be admitted free of charge to assist visitors with disabilities.
5. Are there any discounts available for admission to the museums in Bilbao?Yes, there are discounts available for certain visitors. These include:- Students
– Seniors (over 65)
– Youth cardholders
– Large families
– Disabled visitorsCheck each museum’s website for details on the discounts they offer.