Key West, Florida is known for its tropical climate, sandy beaches, and vibrant nightlife. It’s no surprise that it’s also home to some of the best pub crawls in the country. From Duval Street to the Historic Seaport, there are plenty of bars and pubs to explore. But where do you start? In this post, we’ll share our list of the best pub crawls in Key West that will take you to some of the most iconic and hidden bars on the island. So gather your friends, put on your walking shoes, and let’s get ready to discover the best nightlife Key West has to offer.
The 6 Best Pub Crawls in Key West
- Key West Haunted Pub Crawl Walking Tour
- Key West Craft Cocktail Crawl
- Key West: 2.5-Hour Duval Street Pub Crawl
- Key West: Bone Island Haunted Pub Crawl
- Key West Haunted Pub Crawl and Ghost Tour
- Original Key West Pub Crawl
The 6 Best Pub Crawls in Key West
1. Key West Haunted Pub Crawl Walking Tour
Join us for a haunted pub crawl walking tour in Key West! This 2-hour tour will take you to some of the city’s most infamous and creepy pubs. The tour includes a knowledgeable guide and, of course, some alcoholic beverages (included in the price).
Our first stop is Shots & Giggles, where we’ll spend about 30 minutes before heading out to our next destination, Fat Tuesday. We’ll be stopping at a few more pubs, each with their own spooky stories and eerie histories.
The tour starts at 8:00 PM in front of the Key West Chamber of Commerce, just across the street from Shots and Giggles. We’ll end at Capt Tony’s Saloon on Greene St.
Please note that this tour is not recommended for pregnant travelers, and is not wheelchair accessible. Confirmation of the booking will be received at the time of booking, and cancellations are accepted up to 24 hours beforehand for a full refund. Join us for a hauntingly good time on our Key West Haunted Pub Crawl Walking Tour!
2. Key West Craft Cocktail Crawl
Explore the vibrant and lively bar scene of Key West on this craft cocktail tour that takes you to five breathtaking, off-the-beaten-path establishments. With an expert local guide leading the way, you’ll get an insider’s look at the city’s history and culture. Along the way, you’ll have the opportunity to savor five delicious craft cocktails and sample two gourmet food tastings. From a historic mansion to a converted hospital that’s now a boutique hotel, this tour will immerse you in the true essence of Key West. All drinks, bites, gratuities, and even transportation to and from the meeting location are included for your convenience. Don’t miss your chance to experience the best of Key West’s craft cocktail scene on this unforgettable tour.
3. Key West: 2.5-Hour Duval Street Pub Crawl
Come along and experience the world-famous Duval Street in Key West on a 2.5-hour pub crawl with professional enablers. This exciting event includes visits to five of the most famous and entertaining drinking establishments in the Florida Keys, where you can party, laugh, and make new friends.
During the crawl, you will receive a choice of a domestic beer or mixed drink at each of the five bars visited. You will also receive a free souvenir t-shirt to remember this night. Whether you’re after live music or Caribbean drinks, your crawl is sure to be an unforgettable adventure.
The tour includes entrance fees, five cocktails, and a guided tour. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to explore the lively bars and party scene of Key West’s Duval Street.
4. Key West: Bone Island Haunted Pub Crawl
The Bone Island Haunted Pub Crawl is a 2-hour guided tour of Key West’s haunted pubs. Discover the darker side of Key West’s history with stories of cursed treasure, voodoo, murder, suicide, haunted mansions, and unexplained deaths. Your professional “ghost host” will introduce you to the most haunted bars in Old Town and share unbelievable stories. Don’t forget to take home a souvenir t-shirt to commemorate this spooky experience. Cocktails are available for purchase along the way. The crawl ends in the heart of downtown Key West giving you the freedom to explore more. Entrance fees are included. Food and drinks are available for purchase.
5. Key West Haunted Pub Crawl and Ghost Tour
Experience the darker side of Key West on a haunted pub crawl and ghost tour. Throughout a 2-hour walk through Old Town, hear eerie tales from a local guide as you visit multiple bars, including those located in haunted mansions and a former morgue. Discover why Key West was once known as ‘Bone Island’ and take home a souvenir T-shirt to commemorate your spooky night. Professional guide services, the souvenir T-shirt, food and drinks, and gratuities are all included. Meet your tour at the Bone Island Haunted Pub Crawl & Ghost Tour, located at 424 Greene St, 15 minutes prior to departure time.
6. Original Key West Pub Crawl
Get ready to experience the best bars in Key West on this guided 2.5-hour pub crawl. Starting downtown, the tour takes guests through the historic seaport and back to Duval Street. At each of the five locations, guests will enjoy a domestic beer or mixed drink, and receive a free souvenir t-shirt to remember the night. This activity is only for visitors 21 years or older. The package includes a free t-shirt, five free drinks (one at each bar), guided tour provided by an experienced local, gratuities and a meeting point at 424 Greene St, Key West FL 33040 USA. The activity starts at 08:00 PM and ends back at the meeting point. Don’t miss the chance to discover the best pubs in Key West on this amazing pub crawl.
Key West: The Land of Sun, Sand, and Sea
Key West is a small island at the southernmost tip of Florida. It is famous for its laid-back lifestyle, picturesque sunsets, and clear blue waters. Every year, millions of tourists from across the world flock to this tropical paradise to experience its unique culture, history, and charm. As a tourist, you may have several questions about Key West. In this blog post, we will answer some of the most frequently asked questions by tourists about the city.
1. What is the best time to visit Key West?
The best time to visit Key West is during the winter months (December to February) when the weather is pleasant and dry. However, this is also the peak tourist season, and you may have to contend with high hotel rates and crowds. The shoulder season, which includes March to May and September to November, is also a great time to visit, as the weather is still good and the crowds are less. Summer is the off-season, but it can be hot and humid, with occasional thunderstorms.
2. How do I get to Key West?
You can reach Key West by air, sea, or road. The easiest and most convenient way is to fly into Key West International Airport, which is well-connected to major cities in Florida and other parts of the US. If you prefer to travel by sea, you can take a ferry from Fort Myers, Marco Island, or Miami. Alternatively, you can drive down the famous Overseas Highway, which is a scenic drive through the Florida Keys.
3. What are the must-see attractions in Key West?
Key West has something for everyone, from stunning white-sand beaches to historic landmarks and museums. Some of the top attractions include:
- Mallory Square
- Duval Street
- Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum
- Fort Zachary Taylor State Park
- Harry S. Truman Little White House
- Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservatory
- Southernmost Point Buoy
You can also take a sunset sail, go snorkeling or scuba diving, or simply relax on the beach and enjoy the stunning views.
4. What is the food scene like in Key West?
Key West is a food lover’s paradise, with a diverse range of cuisines to choose from. Some of the must-try dishes include:
- Key lime pie
- Conch fritters
- Cuban sandwiches
You can explore the various food stalls and restaurants in Old Town, which offer everything from street food to fine dining. There are also several food and drink festivals throughout the year, such as the Key West Food and Wine Festival and the Key West Lobsterfest.
5. Is Key West LGBTQ-friendly?
Yes, Key West is one of the most LGBTQ-friendly cities in the US. It has a vibrant gay community, and several bars, clubs, and events cater specifically to the LGBTQ crowd. Key West hosts the annual Key West Pride Festival, which is a week-long celebration of LGBTQ culture and pride.
6. What is the nightlife like in Key West?
Key West is famous for its vibrant nightlife, with several bars, clubs, and music venues to choose from. Duval Street is the epicenter of the nightlife scene, with several bars and clubs catering to different tastes and preferences. Some of the top nightlife spots include:
- Sloppy Joe’s
- Green Parrot Bar
- Rick’s Bar
- Irish Kevin’s
- Bourbon St. Pub
You can also catch live music performances, drag shows, and karaoke nights at various venues across the city.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in Key WestKey West is a paradise destination for travelers from all over the world. The southernmost point of the United States offers a unique atmosphere with its turquoise waters, white sand beaches, and vibrant nightlife.If you’re planning a trip to Key West, you might be wondering how to make the most out of your time in this beautiful city. In this guide, we’ve put together a list of top things to do and see in Key West to help you plan a memorable trip.
1. Take a Sunset CruiseKey West is famous for its beautiful sunsets, so make sure to go on a sunset cruise. You can enjoy the orange and pink skies from the water while sipping on a tropical drink. Some cruises even serve dinner or appetizers, adding to the perfect experience.
How to Book a Sunset Cruise in Key West
Book in advance. You can easily book a sunset cruise in Key West through various tour and activity websites. Look for a well-reviewed company that offers a variety of options, such as private charters, sailboats, or catamarans.
2. Visit Ernest Hemingway Home and MuseumLiterary fans will love visiting the Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum. The museum houses many of Hemingway’s personal belongings and offers guided tours of the house and gardens. Don’t miss the opportunity to see the descendants of Hemingway’s six-toed cats that still roam the property.
How to Get to Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum
The museum is located at 907 Whitehead Street, just a few blocks from the main street. You can easily walk or bike to the museum from the historic district. Alternatively, you can take a taxi or tour bus.
3. Explore the Coral ReefThe coral reef off the coast of Key West is the third-largest in the world and a must-see attraction. You can go snorkeling, scuba diving, or take a glass-bottom boat tour to explore the colorful coral, fish, and marine life.
How to Book a Coral Reef Tour in Key West
There are many tour operators that offer coral reef tours in Key West. Look for a company that offers knowledgeable guides, quality equipment, and affordable prices. Book in advance to secure your spot.
4. Visit Mallory SquareMallory Square is a popular gathering spot for locals and tourists alike. You can enjoy the sunset, street performers, and live music in the evening. During the day, Mallory Square is also a great place to shop for souvenirs, grab a bite to eat, or take a tour.
How to Get to Mallory Square
Mallory Square is located at the waterfront in the historic district. You can easily walk or bike to the square from anywhere in the district. Alternatively, you can take a taxi or tour bus.
5. Go on a Ghost TourKey West has a rich history of haunted buildings and spooky stories. You can take a ghost tour to learn about the city’s ghostly past while walking through dark alleys and hidden corners.
How to Book a Ghost Tour in Key West
Look for a well-reviewed tour company that offers a variety of ghost tours. Some tours even offer ghost-hunting equipment and expert guides. Book in advance to secure your spot.
6. Enjoy the BeachesKey West has plenty of beaches to choose from, each with its own unique atmosphere. You can visit the popular Smathers Beach, the quieter Higgs Beach, or the secluded Bahia Honda State Park. Make sure to pack sunscreen and plenty of water, as the sun can be intense.
How to Get to Key West Beaches
Most of the beaches in Key West are within walking or biking distance from the historic district. Alternatively, you can take a taxi or tour bus.
7. Try Key Lime PieKey Lime Pie is a must-try dessert in Key West. The tart and sweet pie is made from the juice of tiny key limes, and served with whipped cream on top. You can find it in most restaurants and bakeries around town.
Where to Find the Best Key Lime Pie in Key West
There are many places that claim to serve the best Key Lime Pie in Key West. Some popular options include Kermit’s Key West Key Lime Shoppe, Blue Heaven, and Key West Key Lime Pie Co. Make sure to try a slice (or two) during your trip!
Book Your Tour NowKey West offers a plethora of activities and attractions for tourists. Whether you enjoy water sports, history, or nightlife, there is something for everyone in this beautiful city.Remember to book in advance for popular tours and activities, and stay hydrated during the hot and humid summer months. And, most importantly, have fun and enjoy your time in Key West!
Share This Article with Your Friends
If you found this article helpful, your friends might appreciate it too. Click on any of the social share buttons below to share it with them and spread the knowledge.