Looking for a fantastic night out in Budapest? Then look no further than the city’s vibrant pub crawl scene. With so many unique and eclectic bars to discover, each with its own atmosphere, decor, and delicious drinks, there’s truly something for everyone. Whether you’re a solo traveler, a group of friends, or are celebrating a special occasion, a pub crawl in Budapest is the perfect way to party like a local and experience all the city has to offer. So grab your dancing shoes, prepare your tastebuds, and get ready to explore the best pub crawls Budapest has to offer!
The 14 Best Budapest Pub Crawls
- Epic Ruin Pub Crawl – Private Tours
- Budapest: Tipsy Tour Fun Bar Crawl with a Local Guide
- Bingo Bar Crawl
- Ruins and Bars – Private Budapest Ruin Bar Tour
- Budapest: Drunken History Bar Crawl Tour with Local Drinks
- Tipsy Ruin Pub Crawl Tour with 4 Drinks Included
- Bingo Bar Crawl
- Ruins and Bars – Budapest Ruin Bar Tour
- The Underground Hotspots – A Budapest Ruin Bar Tour
- The Original Budapest Pub Crawl – One Hour Open Bar + Free Shots
- All You Can Drink Pub Crawl Through The Ruin Bars in Budapest
- Budapest Original Ruin Pub Crawl Including 5 Shots
- Pub Crawl Through The Ruin Bars in Budapest with T-shirt Included
- Budapest: 5-Hour Pub Crawl through Ruin Bars
The 14 Best Budapest Pub Crawls
1. Epic Ruin Pub Crawl – Private Tours
On this private tour, discover the vibrant world of Budapest’s ruin pubs on the Epic Ruin Pub Crawl. Enjoy a welcome drink at each of the handpicked bars and learn about the city’s history and culture as you go. Your knowledgeable guide will provide personalized attention and ensure a memorable experience. At the end of the night, gain VIP access to a central nightclub to cap off your evening. With alcoholic beverages and VIP club entry included, this is the perfect way to experience Budapest’s legendary party scene. You have the option to meet at the designated spot or request pickup. The tour is wheelchair accessible and conveniently located near public transportation. Don’t miss the chance to explore Budapest’s best ruin pubs on this unforgettable private tour.
2. Budapest: Tipsy Tour Fun Bar Crawl with a Local Guide
The Budapest Tipsy Tour is a great way to meet fellow travelers and dive deep into Budapest’s vibrant and wild nightlife scene. You’ll taste delicious local drinks, learn about the drinking traditions, and play fun drinking games along the way.
At four different bars, you’ll enjoy four different drinks, including the city’s favorite drink, Pálinka, all while learning about their fascinating histories. But it’s not all about the drinks – you’ll also hear scandalous and captivating stories about some of Budapest’s most famous names.
The tour is perfect for those looking to mingle with other travelers and experience a unique side of Budapest. So come join in the fun and let loose on the Budapest Tipsy Tour!
3. Bingo Bar Crawl
Explore some of Budapest’s most popular and lively nightlife spots with a twist during this three-hour pub crawl. The Bingo Bar Crawl lets you enjoy a night out while playing customized bingo challenges with other travelers in a group of up to 50 participants. You’ll receive welcome shots and challenge cards, and an English-speaking host will guide you through the evening’s festivities. Enjoy bypassing the queues with all-inclusive skip-the-line nightclub entry. Meet your guides at Hoff House, and get ready to play, drink, and win prizes. The tour ends at Inst.
4. Ruins and Bars – Private Budapest Ruin Bar Tour
Discover the unique and trendy phenomenon of “ruin bars” during this after-hours private pub crawl in Budapest’s former Jewish Quarter in District VII. Your own insider guide will take you on a food and drink crawl through bars that have been converted from abandoned factories, homes, and shops, and show you iconic street art along the way. This is the perfect opportunity to experience local nightlife in some of the world’s most unusual settings. Pickup is available from your requested address, and maps and further recommendations are included. Please note that food and drinks are not included unless specified. This tour operates rain or shine and is not wheelchair accessible. Join us for a one-of-a-kind exploration of Budapest’s underground hotspots!
5. Budapest: Drunken History Bar Crawl Tour with Local Drinks
Discover the wild nightlife and drinking culture of Budapest on this walking tour of the city’s coolest bars. Meet other fun travelers and visit four local watering holes, including three famous ruin bars. Sample four different drinks, including wine, beer, cocktails, and liquors while learning about the scandalous history of Budapest. This tour is not just about drinking, it’s about socializing and connecting with other travelers and the city. Please note that this tour is not suitable for pregnant women. Join us for a tipsy adventure and social night out in Budapest!
6. Tipsy Ruin Pub Crawl Tour with 4 Drinks Included
The Tipsy Ruin Pub Crawl Tour is the perfect way to experience Budapest’s famous nightlife. With four drinks included, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to try some of the city’s finest alcoholic beverages.
The tour starts at Klauzál tér, where your hosts will be waiting for you with a Tipsy Tour flag. From there, you’ll visit some of Budapest’s best ruin pubs, including Rácskert and UdvarROM.
At each stop, you’ll have plenty of time to explore the pub and enjoy your included drinks. Your hosts will be on hand to answer any questions you might have and provide recommendations for other spots to visit in the city.
The Tipsy Ruin Pub Crawl Tour is not recommended for pregnant travelers and is not wheelchair accessible. Service animals are allowed. Please note that you must cancel at least 24 hours before the start time to receive a full refund.
Join this tour with a maximum of 20 travelers to see some of the best that Budapest’s nightlife has to offer!
7. Bingo Bar Crawl
Looking for the ultimate Budapest nightlife experience? Look no further than this exciting Bingo Bar Crawl! Enjoy visits to the city’s best ruin bars, complete with a fun twist on bingo. With a Happy Hour ticket, you’ll have access to unlimited wine, beer, and soft drinks for the first hour, and you’ll skip the long entrance lines at each venue. Plus, each bar will offer a welcome shot to get the fun started. Your knowledgeable guide will lead you through the famous ruin bars of Budapest for a night you won’t forget. All taxes, fees, and handling charges are included in the ticket price, and gratuities are covered. Just meet at Hoff House in Budapest to begin your exciting night out.
8. Ruins and Bars – Budapest Ruin Bar Tour
Explore the trendy nightlife of Budapest on a walking tour through district 7, visiting various ruin bars and other hotspots for an immersive experience of the city’s evening culture. With a local guide, gain insider tips and recommendations for the rest of your stay while discovering popular and hidden spots throughout Erzsébetváros. You’ll also have the opportunity to admire street art and get your bearings on the public transport system using the travel tickets included in the price. Throughout the tour, you’ll make stops at various locations for drinks and snacks, and receive maps and further recommendations. The meeting point is at the Dohány Street Synagogue, where your guide will meet you in front of the ticket office. The tour starts at 6:00 PM and ends in District VII. Hotel pickup and drop-off, and gratuities are also included in the price. Don’t miss the chance to immerse yourself in Budapest’s atmosphere and explore its bars with a knowledgeable local guide.
9. The Underground Hotspots – A Budapest Ruin Bar Tour
Looking to experience Budapest’s underground nightlife scene? Look no further than this insider’s guide to the city’s quirky ruin bars. From well-known hotspots to hidden gems only locals know about, you’ll visit multiple bars and learn about Hungarian culture along the way. And don’t worry about going hungry or thirsty – snacks and alcoholic drinks are included at various stops. Plus, you’ll have the chance to discover cool street art in District 7. This tour starts at the Dohány Street Synagogue and ends in District VI. Maps and further recommendations are provided, and hotel pickup and drop-off are included. Don’t miss out on a unique Budapest nightlife experience.
10. The Original Budapest Pub Crawl – One Hour Open Bar + Free Shots
Are you looking for an unforgettable night-out experience in Budapest? Join this lively pub crawl, which will take you to the city’s most popular bars and clubs. Meet your local guide and group at a central location and kick off the night with one hour of free drinks and an open bar at one of the city’s biggest party bars. From there, continue the crawl to explore the city’s eclectic nightlife scene, visiting ruin bars, cocktail bars, and more. Throughout the night, you’ll have the opportunity to socialize with both visitors and locals alike. The tour ends at one of the city’s most popular clubs, with special skip-the-line access. Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to discover Budapest’s vibrant nightlife scene!
11. All You Can Drink Pub Crawl Through The Ruin Bars in Budapest
Join this all-you-can-drink pub crawl through the ruin bars in Budapest for an affordable and fun night out. Explore four unique bars built in old buildings and enjoy unlimited drinks and a welcome shot at each stop. Your guide will share urban legends and fascinating Budapest history as you walk from bar to bar. Plus, receive VIP access to one of the city’s most popular nightclubs. The tour starts at 9:00 PM at Oktogon, in front of Burger King, and ends back at the meeting point. Don’t miss out on this unforgettable night of drinks and exploration in Budapest’s ruin bars.
12. Budapest Original Ruin Pub Crawl Including 5 Shots
Explore Budapest’s unique ruin pub scene with this original and longest-running pub crawl. Led by a local guide, visit five of the city’s best ruin nightspots, each housed in a derelict building and boasting a one-of-a-kind atmosphere. Enjoy a complimentary shot at each venue as you learn about Budapest’s vibrant nightlife from your knowledgeable guide. The tour culminates with skip-the-line admission to the city’s largest ruin dance club, ensuring a night to remember. Meet your guide at Oktogon 1 and get ready to experience one of Budapest’s most iconic attractions. Food and drinks are not included unless specified.
13. Pub Crawl Through The Ruin Bars in Budapest with T-shirt Included
Dive into the exciting nightlife of Budapest on this pub crawl through the city’s world-renowned ruin bars. Enjoy VIP entry and skip the lines and entrance fees at all bars and the club. Along the way, you’ll receive a welcome shot at each of the four bars and one club, and have the opportunity to learn Hungarian drinking games from the locals. As a special bonus, you’ll go home with a pub crawl t-shirt to remember your wild night out. Our local guide will meet you in front of Burger King on Oktogon street and take you to five different venues, ending the night at the club called Instant-Fogas on Akácfa street. Don’t miss out on one of Budapest’s best pub crawls!
14. Budapest: 5-Hour Pub Crawl through Ruin Bars
Budapest’s nightlife is famous for its ruin bars, and the best way to experience them is by joining the first licensed pub crawl in the city. Spend a 5-hour night-out and visit four awesome local bars, including the city’s unique ruin bars all within walking distance of each other. Upon arrival, you will be welcomed with free shots at each stop.
Aside from mingling with locals and fellow travelers, the tour guides will share urban legends and give interesting local tips and facts throughout the night. After spending at least 45 minutes at each bar, you’ll head further into Budapest’s nightlife and visit the biggest ruin club in the city. The party goes on until 06:00, and don’t worry about waiting in long lines to get in because VIP skip-the-line admission is part of this pub crawl.
The tour includes a local guide, free shots, and VIP skip-the-line admission. This tour is not suitable for children. Make sure you join the licensed pub crawl that lets you experience Budapest’s unique nightlife, visit the coolest ruin bars, and get VIP access to the biggest club in town.
FAQs by Tourists about BudapestBudapest, the capital of Hungary, has become a popular destination for tourists in recent years. The city is known for its rich history, beautiful architecture, thermal baths, and vibrant nightlife. However, for first-time travelers, it is natural to have some questions in mind before traveling to a new place. In this blog post, we will provide answers to some of the frequently asked questions by tourists visiting Budapest.
1. What is the best time to visit Budapest?The best time to visit Budapest is from March to May and from September to November. During these months, the weather is pleasant, and the crowds are fewer compared to the peak season, which is from June to August. However, if you want to experience the Christmas markets, December is the best time to visit Budapest.
2. Do I need a visa to visit Budapest?If you are a citizen of the European Union or Switzerland, you do not need a visa to enter Hungary. However, if you are a citizen of a country outside the EU, check the visa requirements before planning your trip.
3. Can I use Euros in Budapest?No, Hungary does not use the euro. The currency in Budapest is Hungarian Forint (HUF). Even though some shops and restaurants may accept euros, it is still better to exchange your currency to avoid paying higher prices.
4. How do I get around Budapest?Budapest has an extensive public transportation system that includes metro, buses, and trams. Buying a Budapest Card can be a good idea if you plan to use public transportation frequently during your stay. However, walking is also a great way to explore the city, especially the central areas, where you can find most of the attractions. Moreover, using a taxi or ride-hailing service such as Bolt or Uber is also a reliable and convenient way to get around Budapest.
5. What are the must-see attractions in Budapest?Budapest has a long list of attractions that appeal to different tastes. However, some must-see attractions that you shouldn’t miss are:
- The Hungarian Parliament Building
- The Fisherman’s Bastion and Buda Castle
- The Chain Bridge
- The Thermal Baths (Széchenyi, Gellért, Rudas)
- The Central Market Hall
6. Where can I try traditional Hungarian food in Budapest?Budapest is a food lover’s paradise, and traditional Hungarian cuisine is a must-try when you are in the city. Some of the best places to try Hungarian food in Budapest are:
- Macesz Huszar
- Kéhli Vendéglő
- Kispiac Bisztró
7. What is the nightlife like in Budapest?Budapest is famous for its vibrant nightlife, and there are plenty of options for those who want to have fun after dark. The ruin bars, such as Szimpla Kert, Instant, and Fogas Ház, are the unique places that you should definitely check out. Moreover, Budapest has numerous restaurants, bars, and nightclubs in different parts of the city that cater to different tastes.
8. Are there any etiquette rules that I should follow in Budapest?Hungarians are generally friendly and welcoming to tourists. However, it is always appreciated if visitors show respect to the local customs and traditions. Here are some etiquette rules that you should follow in Budapest:
- Greet people politely (use “jó napot” for “good day”)
- Do not cut in lines (tömegközlekedési jegyek means tickets)
- Do not take pictures of locals without permission
- Do not speak loudly in public places
- Dress appropriately when visiting religious places
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in BudapestBudapest is a bustling and picturesque city, filled with history, culture, and great food. Whether you’re visiting for a few days or a week, there are plenty of things to see and do. Here are some tips for how to spend your time as a tourist in Budapest.
Explore the City’s Historic SitesBudapest has a rich history and is home to many historic sites. You can explore the city’s past by visiting the following places:
Buda CastleThe Buda Castle is a must-visit if you’re interested in history. It was built in the 13th century and was the residence of the Hungarian kings until the 16th century. Today, it houses several museums and galleries, including the Budapest History Museum and the Hungarian National Gallery.
St. Stephen’s BasilicaSt. Stephen’s Basilica is a beautiful church located in the heart of Budapest. It is named after Hungary’s first king, St. Stephen, and is one of the tallest buildings in the city. You can climb to the top of the basilica for a stunning view of the city.
The Parliament BuildingThe Parliament Building is one of Budapest’s most iconic landmarks. It was completed in the early 20th century and is the largest building in Hungary. You can take a guided tour of the building, which will allow you to see the stunning interior architecture.
The Shoes on the Danube BankThe Shoes on the Danube Bank is a moving memorial to the Jews who were killed during World War II. The memorial consists of 60 pairs of shoes cast in iron and is located on the bank of the Danube River.
Experience the Local CuisineHungarian cuisine is known for its hearty dishes and rich flavors. There are plenty of traditional Hungarian restaurants in Budapest, and you should definitely try some of the local dishes while you’re there. Here are some must-try dishes:
GoulashGoulash is a hearty stew made with beef, paprika, and vegetables. It is a staple of Hungarian cuisine and is perfect for a cold day.
LangosLangos is a popular street food in Hungary. It is a deep-fried dough topped with sour cream and grated cheese. It’s a indulgent snack that you won’t regret trying.
Chimney CakeChimney Cake is a sweet pastry that is popular in Hungary. It is made by wrapping dough around a wooden cylinder and then baking it over an open flame. The outside of the cake is coated in sugar and cinnamon, making it a delicious treat.
Relax in Budapest’s Thermal BathsBudapest is known for its thermal baths, which are naturally heated by the city’s geothermal activity. There are several thermal baths to choose from in Budapest, and they are the perfect place to relax after a day of sightseeing. Here are some of the most popular thermal baths:
Szechenyi Thermal BathsThe Szechenyi Thermal Baths are the most popular baths in Budapest. They are located in a stunning building and have several indoor and outdoor pools. You can also take advantage of the saunas and steam rooms.
Gellert Thermal BathsThe Gellert Thermal Baths are located in a beautiful Art Nouveau building. They have several indoor and outdoor pools as well as saunas and steam rooms.
Rudas Thermal BathsThe Rudas Thermal Baths are one of the oldest thermal baths in Budapest. They have several pools of varying temperatures and offer breathtaking views of the city.
Take a Danube River CruiseThe Danube River runs through Budapest and taking a river cruise is a great way to see the city from a different perspective. There are several companies that offer river cruises, and some even include dinner and live entertainment.
Visit the City’s MarketsBudapest has several markets that are worth visiting. They offer a glimpse into the city’s culture and history, and you can find some unique souvenirs to bring home. Here are some of the most popular markets:
The Great Market HallThe Great Market Hall is Budapest’s largest and most famous market. It is located in a beautiful 19th-century building and offers a wide variety of foods and souvenirs.
The Ecseri Flea MarketThe Ecseri Flea Market is a great place to find vintage items and antiques. You can find everything from old cameras to traditional Hungarian clothing.
The Hunyadi Square MarketThe Hunyadi Square Market is a small market located in the heart of Budapest’s residential district. It offers fresh produce and local delicacies.
Book Your Tour NowBudapest is a fantastic city with plenty to see and do. Whether you’re interested in history, food, or relaxation, Budapest has something for everyone. Use this guide to plan your trip and make the most of your time in this beautiful city.
Share This Article with Your Friends
If you found this article helpful, your friends might appreciate it too. Click on any of the social share buttons below to share it with them and spread the knowledge.