Capri Shared Boat Tour from Sorrento Guide: Everything You Need to KnowAre you looking for an affordable way to explore Capri Island from Sorrento? Then, a shared boat tour is the perfect option for you. With this tour, you can take in the stunning coastal views of the Sorrentine Peninsula, admire the natural beauty of Capri Island, jump into the grottoes for a swim, and even enjoy some free time to shop and have lunch on the island. In this guide, we’ll take you through the essential details of this tour and help you plan your perfect day trip to Capri Island.
Tour DescriptionThe shared boat tour begins from the Piazza Marinai d’Italia in Sorrento. You’ll meet your guide at the Ruccio bar meeting point Port before embarking on an intimate and affordable 12-passenger mini-cruise to Capri Island. During the boat trip, you’ll be able to capture the breathtaking views of the Sorrentine Peninsula, including the Faraglioni and Natural Arch. You’ll also take a swim and snorkel around the fascinating caves and grottoes along the coastline. Snorkeling gear and floating equipment are provided on board, so you don’t have to worry about bringing your own. Once you arrive at the Marina Grande on Capri Island, you’ll have free time to explore the island, sightsee, shop or even enjoy a lunch break on land. You can also choose to join an optional boat tour of the island at an extra cost and explore the famous Blue Grotto if you wish.
Tour Highlights– An intimate and affordable 12-passenger mini-cruise to Capri Island – Take in the stunning coastal views of the Sorrentine Peninsula – Explore the natural beauty of Capri Island – Jump into the grottoes for a swim or snorkel while floating in the provided gear – Enjoy free time to sightsee, shop, and have lunch on the island
Tour InclusionsThis shared boat tour from Sorrento includes the following: – Use of snorkeling equipment – Use of floating equipment for swimming – Bottled water – Embarkation/disembarkation fee to be paid in cash on board € 5.00 – Some alcoholic drinks, soft drinks, and snacks
How to Prepare for the TourTo prepare for the Capri Shared Boat Tour from Sorrento, you’ll need to pack the following: – Swimwear – Sunscreen – Towel – Comfortable shoes for walking on the island – Some cash to pay the embarkation fee Please note that the tour is subject to cancellation in case of bad weather or unforeseen circumstances. In such a case, the tour operator will provide a refund or reschedule the tour.
Tour InformationHere is some vital information about the Capri Shared Boat Tour from Sorrento: – Meeting Point: Piazza Marinai d’Italia, Sorrento – Meeting Time: 8:45 AM – Tour Duration: Approximately 7 hours – Tour Availability: Daily from April to October – Tour Price: Starts from $88.72 USD – Bookings: You can book the tour online through the Viator website. Book here: book the tour here.
Book Your Tour NowThe Capri Shared Boat Tour from Sorrento is an excellent way to experience the natural beauty of Capri Island while also enjoying some spectacular coastal views of the Sorrentine Peninsula. With affordable prices, gear provided on board, and optional tour add-ons, this tour is a must-do if you’re visiting Sorrento, Italy. So, hurry up and book your spot today to have a perfect and unforgettable day trip to Capri Island.
FAQ – Sorrento, Italy
1. Where is Sorrento located?
Sorrento is a town and comune in Campania, Italy, located on the Amalfi Coast. It is situated about 50 kilometers southeast of Naples and about 22 kilometers northwest of Salerno.
2. What is the best time to visit Sorrento?
The best time to visit Sorrento is during the months of April to June and September to October. During these months, the temperature is pleasant, and there is less crowd. July and August are the peak season, and the temperature can get extremely hot, and the place can get overcrowded, making it difficult to explore the town.
3. How can I reach Sorrento?
Sorrento can be easily reached by train from Naples. Visitors can take a direct train from Naples to Sorrento or change trains at Pompeii. Visitors can also take bus services from Naples to Sorrento, which takes approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes. Another way to reach Sorrento is by ferry from Naples or other nearby towns.
4. What are the top attractions in Sorrento?
Sorrento is known for its beautiful beaches, historical sites, and natural beauty. The top attractions in Sorrento include:
- Piazza Tasso
- Duomo dei San Filippo e Giacomo
- Villa Comunale
- Museo Correale Di Terranova
- Marina Grande Beach
- Marina Piccola
- Baths of Queen Giovanna
5. Is Sorrento expensive?
Sorrento can be an expensive destination as it is a popular tourist destination. Accommodation, food, and drinks can be costly. However, visitors can save money by staying at budget-friendly accommodations and eating at local eateries instead of high-end restaurants.
6. What is the local food to try in Sorrento?
Sorrento is known for its delicious cuisine. Visitors must try the local food to get the authentic experience. Some of the local dishes include:
- Gnocchi alla Sorrentina
- Pizza Margherita
- Seafood Pasta
7. What are the best day trips from Sorrento?
Sorrento is an excellent base to explore the Amalfi Coast, Pompeii, and Naples.
- Positano -a beautiful village known for its colorful buildings and crystal-clear waters.
- Pompeii – an ancient Roman city that was destroyed by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in AD 79.
- Capri – an island known for its beautiful beaches, blue grotto, and stunning views.
- Amalfi Coast – A stunning coastal area known for its dramatic cliffside views and picturesque villages.
8. What is the currency used in Sorrento?
The currency used in Sorrento is Euro (EUR).
9. Is it safe to visit Sorrento?
Sorrento is a safe and tourist-friendly place to visit. However, visitors should take precautions to secure their belongings and avoid isolated areas during the night.
10. What is the nightlife like in Sorrento?
Sorrento is not known for its nightlife. However, visitors can enjoy a peaceful evening by taking a stroll around the town, indulging in local cuisine, and enjoying a glass of wine.
Book Your Tour Now
Sorrento is a beautiful coastal town that offers a perfect blend of history, culture, and natural beauty. Visitors planning to visit Sorrento must keep in mind the tips mentioned above to make the most of their visit. Despite its expensive reputation, it is possible to explore Sorrento on a budget by staying at budget-friendly accommodations, eating at local eateries, and exploring the town on foot.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in SorrentoSorrento is a stunning destination situated on the western coast of Italy. This gorgeous town provides the perfect blend of traditional Italian culture and modern architecture, creating a special and unforgettable experience for tourists. In this article, we provide a complete guide to how you can make the most of your time as a tourist in Sorrento.
1. Take a Tour of the Town on FootOne of the best ways to explore Sorrento is by taking a leisurely walk around the town. You will see stunning houses painted in bright colors with luxurious balconies, quaint cobbled streets, and local shops selling handmade souvenirs. Stroll along the promenade and enjoy the colorful fishing boats and yachts docked on the marina.
2. Visit the Historical Center of SorrentoSorrento is an important cultural hub and has an extensive history from the Roman times. The historical center of Sorrento has many famous landmarks including the 14th-century Chiesa di San Francesco, the 15th-century Duomo, and the Museo Correale. Take a guided tour to learn more about the rich history of Sorrento.
3. Savor the Local cuisineSorrento is a culinary paradise, and you will find a range of dishes that are unique to this region. Don’t miss out on trying the traditional Neapolitan pizza, fresh seafood, and the famous Limoncello liquor. You can find some of the best restaurants and cafes in the town center.
4. Relax on the Beaches of SorrentoSorrento is blessed with stunning beaches with pristine blue waters, and each one has a unique charm. The most popular beach in Sorrento is Marina Grande, located beneath the cliffs. You can rent a sunbed and umbrella and soak up the Mediterranean sunshine. Another popular beach is Bagni della Regina Giovanna, which is surrounded by cliffs and has small caves that you can explore.
5. Take a Boat Trip to Explore the CoastlineThe coastline around Sorrento is breathtakingly beautiful, and taking a boat trip is the perfect way to explore it. You can take a boat trip to the nearby island of Capri and see the spectacular Blue and Green Grottos. You can also take a boat trip to the neighboring towns like Positano and Amalfi.
6. Take a Cooking Class and Learn How to Make Traditional Italian DishesSorrento has a reputation for the best Italian cuisine, and you can learn to make traditional dishes and desserts by taking a cooking class. You’ll learn the secrets of Italian cooking from dedicated chefs and get hands-on experience in making pasta, pizza, and other Italian specialties.
7. Explore the Countryside with a Hike or BikeSorrento is surrounded by scenic mountains and hills with a plethora of hiking and biking trails. You can take a guided tour or hire a bike to explore the stunning countryside at your leisure. You’ll come across picturesque vineyards, lemon groves, and olive trees and stunning views of the Mediterranean Sea.
8. Shop for Souvenirs in SorrentoYou can’t leave Sorrento without buying a few souvenirs for your loved ones back home. Sorrento is famous for its ceramics, lemon-themed products, and handmade paper made from the bark of mulberry trees. You can find a range of shops that sell these unique souvenirs, including the famous Ercolano and Gargiulo & Jannuzzi.
Book Your Tour NowSorrento is a stunning destination with a magical blend of tradition and modernity. Whether you’re interested in the history of the town, cuisine, or want to explore the stunning coastline, there’s something for everyone in Sorrento. We hope this guide has helped you plan your trip and make the most of your time as a tourist in this beautiful town.
Share This Article with Your Friends
If you found this article helpful, your friends might appreciate it too. Click on any of the social share buttons below to share it with them and spread the knowledge.