Niagara Falls is truly a bucket-list destination that has been drawing visitors from all over the world for centuries. Located on the Niagara River on the border of Ontario, Canada and New York, USA, Niagara Falls is renowned for its breathtaking natural beauty, stunning architecture, and exciting attractions. Whether you’re a first-time visitor or a seasoned traveler, there’s no shortage of things to see and do in Niagara Falls, Ontario. In this post, we’ll explore the best attractions and activities that this incredible destination has to offer. From the iconic waterfalls to the charming towns surrounding them, we’ve got you covered with all the must-visit spots in Niagara Falls. So grab your camera and let’s get started!
The 2 Best Cool Things to Do in Niagara Falls Ontario
The 2 Best Cool Things to Do in Niagara Falls Ontario
1. Gems of Niagara Falls Small Group City Tour
Explore the treasures of Niagara Falls and the vintage charm of Niagara-on-the-Lake in a personalized, immersive way with a small group Gems of Niagara Falls City Tour. Marvel at the sights of Niagara Falls up close on the ‘Voyage to the Falls’ boat tour and from below and behind on the ‘Journey Behind the Falls’ experience. Let a certified driver and experienced tour guide take you on a luxury executive vehicle, enhancing your day of discovery with in-depth knowledge and entertaining stories. Escape the long queues as admission to the Niagara City Cruises by Hornblower boat tour is included in your package. Don’t miss the opportunity to witness the majesty of Niagara Falls in style.
2. Niagara Falls Guided Walking Tour Journey to the Falls
Dedicate a day to the mesmerizing Niagara Falls on a guided walking tour. Be on the first funicular of the day and descend into the gorge for the Voyage to the Falls boat tour. Enjoy prime placement on the cruise boat for a thrilling close-up experience. Feel the power of Niagara Falls on the Journey Behind the Falls experience. Learn about the history of the falls on a guided boardwalk walking tour. See Table Rock Queen Victoria Palace and the American and Bridal Veil Falls. Finish your tour at Table Rock Welcome Centre after following the Fallsview Trail, which offers stunning views of the falls from above. Note that itineraries are subject to change.
The Most Frequently Asked Questions About Niagara Falls OntarioNiagara Falls is one of the most iconic natural wonders in the world, located on the Niagara River that divides Ontario, Canada, and New York, USA. Each year thousands of tourists from all over the world visit this majestic waterfall to witness the mesmerizing scenic views of the water cascading down and feel a sense of awe-inspiring wonder. As such, before visiting Niagara Falls, many tourists have various questions that come to mind. In this article, we’ve answered the most Frequently Asked Questions by tourists about Niagara Falls Ontario.
1. Where Is Niagara Falls Ontario Located?Niagara Falls Ontario is located in the southern part of Ontario, Canada. It’s situated on the Niagara River that divides Canada and the United States. Many people come to Niagara Falls Ontario from different parts of Canada and across the world.
2. What Is the Best Time to Visit Niagara Falls Ontario?The best time to visit Niagara Falls Ontario is from late spring to early fall. The months of June, July, and August are particularly peak tourist seasons since the weather is warm and there are many outdoor activities to enjoy. However, visitors should be prepared for heavy crowd sizes during these months. Winter months at Niagara Falls are less visited, which means tourists can enjoy quieter surroundings with lesser crowd. What’s more, the Niagara Falls Winter Festival of Lights, held between November and January, is one of the most attractive festivals during winters that features a wide variety of holiday-themed light displays.
3. What Are the Must-See Attractions at Niagara Falls Ontario?Niagara Falls is not just a waterfall. There are many other things to do and see at Niagara Falls for all ages. Some must-see attractions include Hornblower Niagara Cruises, where you can get up close and personal with the falls, Niagara Parks Botanical Gardens and Butterfly Conservatory, Niagara SkyWheel, Skylon Tower Observation Deck, and Clifton Hill Entertainment District.
4. Are There Any Free Attractions at Niagara Falls Ontario?Yes, there are many free attractions to enjoy in Niagara Falls Ontario. Some of the best free attractions include Queen Victoria Park, which is a massive green space next to the falls, the Niagara Glen Nature Reserve that offers hiking trails through the forest, and Niagara-on-the-Lake, a quaint town situated near the falls. The nightly spectacular illumination of the falls is another free attraction that visitors should not miss.
5. How Can I Get Around at Niagara Falls Ontario?There are several ways to get around in Niagara Falls Ontario. Walking is the best option for exploring the falls, as it’s easy to navigate and allows visitors to take in the scenic beauty of Niagara Falls at their own pace. For a little more excitement, visitors can rent bicycles or take leisurely bike tours. Taxis and bus services are readily available, as well as the “WEGO” bus, a tourist transportation system that operates year-round for easy access to attractions.
6. What Should I Pack for a Trip to Niagara Falls Ontario?It’s advisable to pack comfortable walking shoes, sunscreen, insect repellent, a light jacket or sweater, and a rain poncho when visiting Niagara Falls Ontario. Depending on your plans for your visit, pack other essentials such as swimwear, a camera, or binoculars.
7. Are There Accommodations Available Near Niagara Falls Ontario?Yes, there are several accommodation options available in and around Niagara Falls Ontario. Options include luxury hotels, motels, resorts, bed and breakfasts, and camping grounds. Popular attractions such as Clifton Hill and the falls themselves offer accommodations nearby. Visitors should book early to find the most cost and comfort effective accommodation.
8. What Is the Currency in Niagara Falls Ontario?The currency used in Niagara Falls Ontario is the Canadian dollar. U.S dollars are accepted in some places but it’s advisable to exchange dollars upon arrival in the Niagara Region.
9. What Are Some Safety Tips to Keep in Mind While Visiting Niagara Falls Ontario?Visitors to Niagara Falls must be mindful of safety precautions. Always stay on marked pathways and never venture off-trail. It’s also important to follow all posted signs and avoid prohibited actions. Never swim or get too close to the falls, and ensure that small children are closely supervised. Additionally, fall weather around Niagara Falls Ontario can be unpredictable, so be prepared for changing weather conditions.In conclusion, Niagara Falls Ontario offers a mesmerizing world that can intrigue, amuse, and inspire anyone visiting. By following some of the basic dos and don’ts outlined in this article, visitors can have a safe and enjoyable experience in Niagara Falls. Plan your trip, pack your bags, and get ready to discover the wonders of Niagara Falls Ontario!
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in Niagara Falls, OntarioNiagara Falls is a must-visit destination for those visiting Ontario, Canada. The world-renowned waterfall attracts millions of visitors every year, and for good reason. In this guide, we’ll cover the top things to do and see in Niagara Falls, Ontario, to make the most of your time there.
1. Visit Niagara FallsThe main attraction in Niagara Falls, Ontario, is, of course, Niagara Falls itself. The falls span across both the United States and Canada, but the Canadian side offers the best views and is known as Horseshoe Falls. You can purchase tickets for various viewpoints of the falls, including the Journey Behind the Falls, the Hornblower Niagara Cruises, and the Niagara SkyWheel.
2. Explore Niagara-on-the-LakeNiagara-on-the-Lake is a charming town located just a short drive from Niagara Falls. It’s known for its historic architecture, wineries, and scenic beauty. Take a stroll down Queen Street to browse the boutiques and enjoy a meal at one of the many restaurants. You can also visit the nearby wineries for tastings and tours.
3. Visit Clifton HillClifton Hill is a bustling street filled with attractions, restaurants, and souvenir shops. It’s a popular destination for families and is located just steps away from Niagara Falls. Some of the top attractions on Clifton Hill include the Niagara SkyWheel, the Ripley’s Believe it or Not Museum, and the Great Canadian Midway.
4. Take a Helicopter TourFor a truly unique view of Niagara Falls, consider taking a helicopter tour. You’ll get unparalleled views of the falls and the surrounding area, making it a once-in-a-lifetime experience. You’ll also have the opportunity to take incredible photos to remember your trip.
5. Visit the Niagara Parks Botanical GardensThe Niagara Parks Botanical Gardens is located just a short drive from Niagara Falls and is a peaceful oasis away from the hustle and bustle of the tourist area. The gardens are home to a variety of plants and flowers, and you can take a guided tour to learn more about the history and significance of the gardens.
6. Go Wine TastingNiagara Falls is located in the heart of wine country, and there are a variety of wineries to choose from. You can take a tour of the vineyards and learn about the winemaking process, or simply enjoy a tasting of some of the region’s best wines. Some of our favourite wineries in the area include Peller Estates Winery, Inniskillin Winery, and Jackson-Triggs Winery.
7. Visit the Niagara Falls AviaryThe Niagara Falls Aviary is home to a variety of exotic birds from around the world. You’ll have the opportunity to see birds up close and even feed them. The aviary is located just a short walk from Niagara Falls and is a great family-friendly activity.
8. Take a Walk Along the Niagara ParkwayThe Niagara Parkway is a scenic road that runs along the Niagara River and offers stunning views of the water and surrounding area. Take a leisurely walk or bike ride along the parkway and stop at some of the lookout points to soak in the views.
9. Visit the Niagara Falls History MuseumIf you’re interested in the history of Niagara Falls, consider visiting the Niagara Falls History Museum. The museum is home to a variety of exhibits and artifacts that tell the story of the area’s past. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn about the geology and ecology of the region.
Book Your Tour NowNiagara Falls, Ontario, offers a wide range of activities and attractions for tourists to enjoy. Whether you’re interested in the natural wonder of the falls or want to explore the surrounding area, there’s something for everyone in Niagara Falls. Be sure to take advantage of our top picks for things to do and see, and have a wonderful time in this beautiful Canadian destination!
Table of Contents