Welcome to our guide on the best attractions and things to do in the charming town of Cape May. Located at the southern tip of New Jersey, Cape May is a popular vacation destination for families, couples, and solo travelers looking to soak up some sun, enjoy some delicious seafood, and explore the beautiful Victorian architecture. With its pristine beaches, historic landmarks, and beautiful natural scenery, Cape May has plenty to offer to visitors of all ages and interests. In this post, we’ll highlight some of the must-visit places and activities in Cape May to help you plan a memorable trip. So, let’s get started!
The 2 Best Crazy Things to Do in Cape May
- Cape May 2 Hour Dolphin Watching Cruise With Breakfast
- Cape May Cape May Island Sunset Cruise Dolphin Watching
The 2 Best Crazy Things to Do in Cape May
1. Cape May 2 Hour Dolphin Watching Cruise With Breakfast
Set sail around the island of Cape May NJ on this 2-hour sightseeing cruise to watch dolphins swimming in the Atlantic Ocean. Discover Victorian homes and the Cape May Lighthouse while enjoying a continental breakfast with coffee and juice aboard the boat.
Relax on the state’s largest and fastest whale watching boat and learn about the history of the island and the surrounding area. Look for dolphins in their natural environment and learn about their habits while enjoying the large comfortable super cruiser.
The tour includes a 2-hour sightseeing cruise, continental breakfast, parking at Miss Chris Marina, and local taxes and fees. However, additional food or drink and tips are not included in the tour. Don’t miss the chance to witness the beautiful dolphins and charming Victorian homes in Cape May.
2. Cape May Cape May Island Sunset Cruise Dolphin Watching
End your day in style with a sunset cruise around Cape May Island. Suitable for all ages and group sizes, this guided boat tour takes you on a search for bottlenose dolphins while showing you the sights of Cape May. An expert guide provides informative commentary on the area and its lively marine life.
Marvel at the colorful sunset on the Delaware Bay that makes for perfect photo opportunities. Enjoy free pizza and hot dogs along with your choice of cold or hot beverages from the ship’s snack bar. Beer, wine, and cocktails are also available for purchase. The ship’s deck is equipped with foot-tapping music.
Don’t miss out on this exciting experience with family and friends. Book now to witness Cape May’s historic lighthouse and waterfront Victorian houses from a different perspective.
Frequently Asked Questions About Cape MayCape May is a seaside resort town located at the southern tip of New Jersey. It has been attracting tourists for over 200 years, and it’s no wonder why. Cape May offers visitors a range of activities, from shopping to fishing to bird watching. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about Cape May:
1. What is Cape May famous for?Cape May is famous for its Victorian architecture, pristine beaches, and birdwatching opportunities. The town is home to over 600 Victorian-era buildings, which have been beautifully restored and are now used as inns, bed and breakfasts, and restaurants. Cape May also has some of the most beautiful beaches on the East Coast, with soft sand and crystal-clear water. Finally, Cape May is a popular destination for birdwatchers, with more than 400 species of birds passing through the area each year.
2. What are the best things to do in Cape May?There are many things to do in Cape May, depending on your interests. Some of the most popular activities include:
- Visiting the Cape May Lighthouse
- Strolling along the Washington Street Mall
- Taking a trolley tour of the town
- Visiting the Emlen Physick Estate
- Going on a whale watching excursion
- Relaxing on the beach
- Exploring the many wineries and breweries in the area
3. What is the best time of year to visit Cape May?The best time of year to visit Cape May depends on what you’re looking for. If you’re interested in birdwatching, the fall migration (September through November) is the best time to visit. If you’re looking for a beach vacation, the summer months (June through August) are the most popular. If you want to avoid the crowds and enjoy a quieter vacation, consider visiting in the spring (March through May) or fall (September through November).
4. What are the best beaches in Cape May?Cape May has many beautiful beaches to choose from. Some of the most popular include:
- Cape May Beach
- Higbee Beach
- Sunset Beach
- The Cove Beach
- Stockton Beach
5. Are there any good restaurants in Cape May?Yes, Cape May has many excellent restaurants to choose from. Some of the most popular include:
- Peter Shields Inn
- The Blue Pig Tavern
- Tisha’s Cape May
- The Mad Batter
- The Lobster House
6. Can you walk around Cape May?Yes, Cape May is a very walkable town. The downtown area is compact and easy to navigate, with many shops, restaurants, and historic buildings within walking distance. There are also many walking tours available, which will take you through the historic district and provide insight into the town’s rich history.
7. Is Cape May a good place for families?Yes, Cape May is a great place for families. There are many family-friendly activities to choose from, such as visiting the Cape May County Zoo or taking a carriage ride through the town. The beaches are also very family-friendly, with shallow water and lifeguards on duty during the summer months.
8. What is the weather like in Cape May?The weather in Cape May varies depending on the time of year. During the summer months, temperatures typically range from the mid-70s to the mid-80s, with high humidity. In the winter, temperatures usually range from the mid-30s to the mid-40s, with occasional snowfall.
9. Is there public transportation in Cape May?Yes, there is a local bus service called the Cape May Seashore Lines, which provides transportation throughout the area. There are also many taxi services available, as well as bike rentals for those who prefer to explore on their own.
10. Where is Cape May located?Cape May is located at the southern tip of New Jersey, approximately 150 miles south of New York City and 90 miles southeast of Philadelphia. The town is easily accessible by car, bus, or train.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in Cape MayCape May is a small seaside town located at the southern tip of New Jersey. Known for its Victorian architecture and pristine beaches, it’s a popular destination for tourists. However, there’s more to Cape May than just the beaches. Here’s a guide on how to make the most of your time as a tourist in Cape May.
1. Take a Historic Trolley TourOne of the best ways to get a sense of the history and architecture of Cape May is by taking a historic trolley tour. The tour takes you around the town, highlighting some of the notable Victorian buildings and landmarks. The guides are knowledgeable and offer interesting insights into the town’s history. The tour typically lasts about 45 minutes to an hour and is great for families and groups.
2. Visit the Cape May LighthouseThe Cape May Lighthouse is a must-visit attraction in the town. It’s located in Cape May Point State Park and offers stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean and Delaware Bay. The lighthouse also has a museum where you can learn about the history of the area and the lighthouse itself. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can climb the 199 steps to the top for a panoramic view of the area.
3. Take a Sunset Beach WalkCape May has some of the most beautiful beaches on the East Coast. One of the best ways to enjoy them is by taking a sunset beach walk. The beaches are less crowded during the evening, and you can witness the sunset over the ocean. It’s a serene experience that’s perfect for couples or solo travelers.
4. Visit the Emlen Physick EstateThe Emlen Physick Estate is a stunning Victorian mansion that’s now a museum. It’s a great place to learn about the history of Cape May and how it became a popular seaside resort town. The mansion is impeccably restored, and you can take a tour of the interior to see how the wealthy lived in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
5. Go BirdwatchingCape May is a great destination for birdwatching. It’s located along the migration route of many species of birds, and you can see them in their natural habitat. There are many great spots for birdwatching, including Higbee Beach Wildlife Management Area and Cape May Point State Park.
6. Take a Winery TourCape May has several wineries that produce excellent wines. Taking a winery tour is a great way to learn about the winemaking process and taste some of the best wines in the area. Some of the popular wineries in Cape May include Cape May Winery, Hawk Haven Vineyard and Winery, and Willow Creek Winery.
7. Enjoy Some SeafoodCape May is known for its fresh seafood, and there are many excellent restaurants in the area. Whether you’re looking for a casual seafood shack or a fine dining experience, you’ll find something to suit your tastes. Some of the popular seafood restaurants in Cape May include The Lobster House, The Oyster Bay Restaurant and Bar, and The Red Store.
8. Go BikingCape May is a great place to explore on a bike. There are many bike rental shops in the town, and you can rent a bike for a few hours or a full day. You can explore the town’s picturesque streets and bike along the beachfront. It’s a great way to get some exercise while also taking in the sights.In conclusion, Cape May is a great destination for tourists looking for a mix of history, natural beauty, and fun activities. Whether you’re traveling with family or solo, there’s something for everyone in this charming seaside town. Don’t forget to try some fresh seafood and enjoy a sunset beach walk during your visit.
Table of Contents