Edinburgh Pub Crawl with Free Shots & Discounts – A Definitive Guide
Do you want to experience the best night out in Edinburgh? Exciting, wild and never to be forgotten, a world-renowned pub crawl in Scotland’s captivating capital promises nocturnal spirit-filled entertainment at its finest. With dozens of bars, pubs, and local hotspots, your pub crawl will take you to some of the most bustling, partying locations in Edinburgh. Oh, and good news — there are plenty of free shots, drinks, and discounts on offer.
Here’s everything you need to know about taking part in an Edinburgh pub crawl complete with free shots and discounts.
What is an Edinburgh Pub Crawl?
An Edinburgh pub crawl is an organized night out that takes visitors to a selection of different bars and pubs, usually with the aim to let them sample the city’s best nightlife in the company of an experienced guide. Every Edinburgh pub crawl is unique — the exact selection of pubs and bars visited will vastly vary from event to event.
There are several different pub crawls available in Edinburgh. Most official pub crawls take approximately three hours, involve around four pubs/bars, and involve guided walking between each of the stops.
It’s possible to book tickets for an Edinburgh pub crawl in advance from Get Your Guide. In many cases it may be possible to buy tickets on the door too — just make sure you arrive early enough to secure your spot.
How Much Do Edinburgh Pub Crawls Cost?
The exact price of an Edinburgh pub crawl will vary — particularly depending on the exact route and itinerary, as well as what’s included as far as free drinks and discounts are concerned. In general, prices start at around £10-£15 per person. Prices increase upwards according to what’s included with the ticket.
It’s also important to point out that pub crawls sometimes come with a variety of possible add-ons. For instance, if you want to stay out until the early hours of the morning, you may pay a little extra for an extended tour that takes in several more venues than usual. If you just want a standard 3-4 hour tour taking in four pubs or clubs, then the cost is at the lower end of the spectrum.
What’s Included with Edinburgh Pub Crawls?
Once you’ve paid for your ticket to an Edinburgh pub crawl, your fee will cover far more than just entry into each of the pubs/clubs visited on the night. Here are some of the most common extras you should expect:
- Guided tour: A local guide will lead your group around each of the locations visited during the crawl, offering up invaluable insight and secrets.
- Free shots: It’s not uncommon for shots to be included as part of your ticket. Most organisers offer one free shot per person per venue, however this may vary.
- Discounted drinks: It’s normal for all participants of a pub crawl to receive discounted drinks at each of the venues visited.
- Free entry into top nightclubs: After the main part of the pub crawl comes to an end, some organisers offer free entry into some of the city’s top nightclubs.
Tips For Those Taking Part in an Edinburgh Pub Crawl
Pub crawls can be great fun — however there are a few simple yet important tips you should bear in mind if you want to make the most out of your experience in Edinburgh. Here are just a few pointers:
- Stay safe: As with any night out — make sure you stay safe and keep an eye on your belongings throughout.
- Have fun: Obviously enjoy yourself! There’s plenty of information available from your guide about each venue so don’t be afraid to ask questions.
- Place emphasis on quality over quantity: If you want to make sure you can make it until the end, stay away from anything that packs a particularly powerful punch.
Overall, taking part in a pub crawl in Edinburgh can be one of the best ways to explore the city’s vibrant nightlife. With plenty of free shots and discounts available too, there can be excellent value to be found as part of a tour such as this — so why not give it a go next time you’re in Scotland’s capital?
If all this has made you keen to experience it for yourself, then why not check out The Edinburgh Pub Crawl from Get Your Guide? Just remember to keep safe, stay up for it, and relax into the experience. Happy adventuring!
Share This Article with Your Friends
If you found this article helpful, your friends might appreciate it too. Click on any of the social share buttons below to share it with them and spread the knowledge.