Exploring the Pinglin Tea Plantation from Taipei City
Taipei city is world-renowned for its natural beauty and wide array of attractions and activities that offer something for everyone. But if you’re seeking something a little more off the beaten path, consider a trip to Thousand Island Lake and the Pinglin Tea Plantation, located just a short distance outside of Taipei City. This scenic area, with its lush green tea fields, is truly a sight to see. You won’t be disappointed with what you find here.
What is the Pinglin Tea Plantation?
The Pinglin Tea Plantation is one of Taiwanʼs most popular tourist destinations. Located in Miaoli County, it is the largest plantation in Taiwan, producing some of the highest quality tea in the world. The tea from this plantation has won numerous awards and is highly sought after by tea lovers from all around the world.
Pinglin Produces 7 Different Types of Tea
The Pinglin Tea plantation produces seven different types of tea, all of which are highly regarded for their quality and taste. Tea from this tea plantation ranges from the black variety to green tea and white tea and everything in between. Each type of tea is unique and has its own characteristics. Here is a brief overview of each variety:
– Oolong Tea – One of the most popular types of tea produced at the Pinglin Tea Plantation, Oolong tea is especially loved for its strong flavor and pleasing aroma. It is semi-fermented, which gives it a unique taste that enthusiasts love.
– Black Tea – Black tea is also produced at the plantation. This type of tea is full-bodied and has a powerful aroma that lingers on your tongue. The black teas available at Pinglin are of exceptional quality and are often blended with other flavors to create unique blends.
– Green Tea – Green tea is one of the most popular types of tea available at Pinglin. It has a light, mild flavor and refreshing aroma. Green tea is known for its many health benefits, such as helping to lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of certain types of cancer.
– White Tea – White tea is made from young, unopened buds that are shade-dried. This type of tea has a light, sweet taste and subtle floral aroma that many find pleasing. It also has numerous health benefits, such as being an antioxidant, improving circulation, and fighting free radicals.
– Iron Goddess Oolong – This variety of oolong tea is particularly special because it undergoes an intricate fermentation process involving several rounds of oxidation. The result is a stunning dark brown liquor with a smooth flavor and deep complexity that makes it a sought-after specialty amongst tea lovers.
– Topa Oolong – Topa Oolong is a unique variety of tea with a nutty flavor and aroma. It is made from fermented young leaves from the Camellia Sinensis plant that are harvested in late spring or early summer and then sun-dried. This type of tea also has health benefits, including aiding digestion and helping to lower cholesterol levels.
– Pouchong Oolong – Pouchong Oolong is a type of light oolong tea that has a mild flavor with sweet aromas and hints of flowers. This type of tea has a light color and can be enjoyed either hot or cold. It also has several health benefits, such as aiding digestion and boosting the immune system.
Visiting the Pinglin Tea Plantation
If you’re looking for an off-the-beaten track place to explore, then Pinglin Tea Plantation is definitely worth a visit. The plantation offers regular guided tours that will take you through the plantation’s facilities as well as provide you with an opportunity to try some of the teas they produce. During your tour, you’ll learn about how the teas are made and get to sample some of their freshly brewed teas.
The tours take approximately two hours, depending on the size of your group, and you’ll get to explore over 30 acres of beautiful green rolling hillsides lined with rows upon rows of luscious tea fields waiting for harvesting. You’ll also visit the tea museum where you can learn more about how each type of tea is processed, from plucking to packaging. At the end of your tour, you’ll even get to purchase some freshly picked tea leaves from the plantation itself.
In addition to exploring the plantation itself, visitors can also take advantage of the many outdoor activities available nearby, such as biking and hiking trails that wind through lush forests or paddling along the river tributaries in kayaks or canoes. There are also hot springs nearby where you can relax after a long day out in nature. And if you happen to be in town during harvest season (May – September), you can even participate in the actual picking process!
A Trip Worth Taking
Thousand Island Lake and Pinglin Tea Plantation are definitely worth a visit if you’re looking for an off-the-beaten track adventure in Taiwan that offers more than just sightseeing opportunities. Its lush green terrain and wide array of outdoor activities make it an ideal spot for anyone who loves exploring nature and learning about new cultures and traditions. So if you’re ready for an unforgettable experience in Taiwan, add this incredible destination to your travel bucket list!
For those eager to explore Taiwan’s beautiful countryside and experience local traditions firsthand, there’s no better way than exploring Thousand Island Lake and Pinglin Tea Plantation from Taipei City. From breathtaking views to educational tours to private paddling on the lake to picking your own tea leaves, there’s something here for everyone to enjoy—so what are you waiting for? Book your tour today with GetYourGuide!
Share This Article with Your Friends
If you found this article helpful, your friends might appreciate it too. Click on any of the social share buttons below to share it with them and spread the knowledge.