Welcome to our guide on the best attractions and things to do in Benidorm! Located on the stunning Costa Blanca in Spain, Benidorm is a popular vacation destination known for its long, sandy beaches, vibrant nightlife, and family-friendly activities. With so much to see and do, it can be overwhelming to plan your itinerary. In this post, we’ll take you through the top must-see attractions, hidden gems, and exciting activities that will make your trip to Benidorm unforgettable. Whether you’re traveling solo, with friends, or with family, there’s something for everyone in Benidorm. So let’s dive in and discover the best this vibrant city has to offer!
The 9 Best Family Activities in Benidorm
- Benidorm Segway Tour
- Mundomar Benidorm Animal Park 1 Day Ticket
- Day Trip to Guadalest from Benidorm or Albir
- Private 4 Hour Tour in Valencia
- Terra Natura Benidorm 1 Day Entrance Ticket
- Terra Natura Aqua Natura 1 Day Entrance Ticket
- Aqua Natura Benidorm 1 Day Entrance Ticket
- Terra Mitica Theme Park 1 Day Ticket
- Benidorm Aqualandia 1 Day Ticket
The 9 Best Family Activities in Benidorm
1. Benidorm Segway Tour
Discover Benidorm in a unique way with a Segway tour. After a 15 minute training session with an instructor-guide, cruise through the city’s main landmarks with ease. Marvel at the mix of traditional buildings and modern architecture as you move through avenues, parks, and promenades. See the City Hall, the bull ring, and even the old fishing town where a castle once stood. With a wireless audio system accompanying your ride, you won’t miss a beat during your adventure through Benidorm.
2. Mundomar Benidorm Animal Park 1 Day Ticket
Experience a day filled with wonder and amazement at the animal kingdom of Mundomar Benidorm. Get up close and personal with dolphins, sea lions, parrots and various other species of mammals, birds and reptiles. Witness the critically-acclaimed shows put on by the dolphins and sea lions, showcasing their impressive skills under the guidance of their trainers. Participate in the sea lion show as a lucky guest or enjoy a fun-filled fantasy show featuring parrots.
Capture memories of this unforgettable day by having your photo taken with your favourite animals. Additionally, the entrance ticket includes free parking and maps, enabling you to navigate the park with ease. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to take in the best views of Benidorm while enjoying an experience of a lifetime.
3. Day Trip to Guadalest from Benidorm or Albir
Benefit from a convenient pick-up service at one of the 20 locations in Benidorm or Albir for this day trip to Guadalest. Admire breathtaking views of the magnificent Aitana mountain massif as you travel by air-conditioned bus with an English-speaking representative.
Arrive at the charming village of Guadalest and discover its quirky museums. Visit the Salt and Pepper Shaker Museum or the Microminiatures Museum and marvel at the incredible tiny artworks. Admire the charm of the old jail, now a 12th-century dungeon, and stroll the narrow streets that date back over 1000 years. Take in the stunning views of the surrounding mountains, including the 17th-century castle and reservoir.
Enjoy plenty of free time to shop at the souvenir stores and buy locally produced goods such as cured meats, honey, and olive oil. Benefit from discounted entry to 8 different museums and make the most of your time in this picturesque village.
Don’t miss the chance to explore Guadalest, one of the most beautiful and charming towns in the Alicante province.
4. Private 4 Hour Tour in Valencia
Immerse yourself in Valencia, Spain’s port city, with this private 4-hour tour from Benidorm. Tailored to your interests, this customized itinerary takes you to the places you want to see, with commentary provided by your private guide. Marvel at the stunning architecture of the City of Arts and Sciences or visit the Central Market (Mercado Central), where hundreds of vendors sell goods. Along the way, you’ll pass by Valencia’s city hall port and train station. Hotel pickup and drop-off in Benidorm is included for a maximum of four people. Your tour includes a local guide, private car or mini-van transportation, and entrance fees to the Cathedral and Silk Exchange buildings, but excludes food and drinks, and gratuities.
5. Terra Natura Benidorm 1 Day Entrance Ticket
Discover a new world of wildlife at Terra Natura Benidorm with this 1-day entrance ticket. Immerse yourself in the natural habitats of more than 1500 animals from over 200 different species, including 50 that are in serious danger of extinction. Watch as birds of prey soar through the sky and marvel at the strength and agility of the park’s resident elephants. With free guided tours, you can enjoy a highly personalized experience and learn more about the animals and their habitats.
Terra Natura Benidorm offers a unique concept in habitat design, allowing you to come into close contact with the animals as if there were no barriers between you. Educational information is scattered throughout the park, providing biological details and information points while a range of shows and adventure activities make Terra Natura the ideal choice for families looking for a fun and rewarding day out.
Discover even more as you explore the park’s collection of over 2500 examples of more than 160 species of trees, shrubs, and ground cover plants. You can even discover some of the more unique inhabitants of the animal kingdom, such as poisonous scorpions, spiders, and mushrooms.
Book now and enjoy a €5 discount per person on this amazing wildlife adventure.
6. Terra Natura Aqua Natura 1 Day Entrance Ticket
Enjoy a full day of unforgettable experiences with a convenient Terra Natura Aqua Natura 1 Day Entrance Ticket. With this exclusive combo ticket, explore the Terra Natura Benidorm where you can discover over 1500 animals from 200 unique species in their natural habitats. Be amazed by attractions such as the “Venomous Creatures” exhibit, the bird of prey demonstration, and children’s areas with a themed pool and educational demonstrations of sea lions.
After exploring Terra Natura, head over to Aqua Natura Benidorm and experience more than 1000 metres of water slides of all types. Enjoy the thrilling rides or relax by the poolside. Interact with animals, attend live entertainment shows, and enrol your children in activities like “Mermaids and Tritons School” and “Fairies and Elves School.”
Don’t forget to take advantage of the 5€ discount per person when booking through the ticket provider. The ticket also includes locker rentals, and if selected, a meal and two drinks. With one convenient ticket, you can enjoy the best that Benidorm has to offer. Book your Terra Natura Aqua Natura 1 Day Entrance Ticket today and embark on a fun-filled day of adventure.
7. Aqua Natura Benidorm 1 Day Entrance Ticket
Looking for a fun-filled day out in Benidorm? Look no further than Aqua Natura Water Park! With over 40,000 square meters of space, this park is perfect for families who want to enjoy some quality time together. Children can splash around in the Kids’ Zone while parents relax in the comfort of the open areas. Visitors can also learn about the habits and habitats of sea lions and experience zero gravity on the La Cresta water chute. With a fabulous wave pool, beach bars, and more than 1000 meters of water chutes, there’s something for everyone at Aqua Natura Water Park. Don’t forget to take advantage of the 5€ discount per person when booking through our platform.
8. Terra Mitica Theme Park 1 Day Ticket
Discover the ancient civilizations of the Mediterranean with the Terra Mitica Theme Park 1 Day Ticket. Enjoy a full day of excitement and fun with shows and rides to excite and fascinate you. Explore the three themed areas including Egypt, Greece, and Rome. In the Egypt-themed area, the impressive Gates of Karnak welcome you to Terra Mítica. Discover Egypt’s hidden riches, explore the Alexandria Gate and enjoy the Blue Nile Falls. In Greece, mythological creatures and gods will accompany you on your trip. Finally, enter the great ancient empire of Rome and witness its historical conquests and gladiator fights. Don’t forget to take some time out at the Terra Mitica restaurants to top up your energy levels. Book your admission ticket in advance so that you can avoid waiting in long lines of people waiting to buy passes on the day of your visit. Create lasting memories with the Terra Mitica Theme Park 1 Day Ticket.
9. Benidorm Aqualandia 1 Day Ticket
Experience Aqualandia, one of the world’s largest water parks with over 20 water attractions. Get an adrenaline rush by testing your nerves on Cyclon, the newest ride, or relax on the sunbathing areas with water sourced directly from the sea. Take advantage of the combo ticket to visit the Mundomar Marine and Exotic Animal Park on another day. Choose from several self-serve restaurants offering options for everyone. Included in the ticket price are access to all attractions, maps, a first aid kit, lockers, floats, drinks and food, sun bed, and the option to purchase photos and souvenirs. Please note that this tour is not recommended for pregnant women, people with heart problems, or non-swimmers.
Top Frequently Asked Questions About Benidorm that Tourists Need to KnowBenidorm is a beautiful city located on the eastern coast of Spain, offering tourists an exotic vacation destination that is perfect for family holidays, romantic getaways, or solo adventures. The city is famous for its beaches, nightlife, theme parks, and an array of activities that attract tourists from all around the world. With so much to see and do, tourists often have many questions before visiting the city. In this blog post, we’ll answer some of the most frequently asked questions about Benidorm.
1. What is Benidorm famous for?Benidorm is famous for its stunning beaches, vibrant nightlife, fantastic climate, and a plethora of activities for tourists. The city has two main beaches, Levante and Poniente, which are perfect for sunbathing, swimming, and water sports. In addition, Benidorm is home to many theme parks, including Terra Mitica, Aqualandia, and Mundomar, where tourists can enjoy thrilling rides and watch shows featuring dolphins, seals, and other sea creatures.
2. What is the best time to visit Benidorm?The best time to visit Benidorm depends on your preferences. The city is sunny and warm throughout the year, with temperatures ranging between 20°C to 30°C in the summer months and 10°C to 20°C in the winter. If you enjoy the nightlife and beach activities, the best time to visit is between June and August. However, the city can be overcrowded during this time, so if you prefer a quieter time, May, September, and October are also excellent months to visit as the weather is still warm, and the crowds are smaller.
3. What is the currency used in Benidorm?The currency used in Benidorm is the Euro (€). You can exchange your currency at any bank or local exchange office in the city. Most hotels and restaurants also accept debit and credit cards, but it’s best to check with them before making any payments.
4. Is English widely spoken in Benidorm?Yes, English is widely spoken in Benidorm, as the city is a popular tourist destination for people from the UK, Ireland, and other English-speaking countries. However, learning some basic Spanish phrases can be very helpful, especially if you plan to venture off the beaten track.
5. What is the local cuisine in Benidorm?Benidorm offers a variety of local and international cuisine, and you can find everything from authentic Spanish tapas to Italian pizza and American burgers. Some must-try dishes in Benidorm include Paella, a traditional Spanish rice dish, and Fideuà, a local version of Paella made with noodles instead of rice. Seafood is also abundant, and the local catch includes Swordfish, Tuna, and Red Mullet.
6. What are the best things to do in Benidorm?Benidorm has a wide range of attractions, and there is something for every type of tourist. Some of the best things to do in Benidorm include:
- Visit the two main beaches, Levante and Poniente, and enjoy swimming, sunbathing, and water sports.
- Explore the old town with its narrow streets, historic buildings, and local shops.
- Visit the Benidorm Palace for a night of live entertainment and dinner.
- Enjoy the thrills of the theme parks, including Terra Mitica, Aqualandia, and Mundomar.
- Take a boat tour to the island of Benidorm and enjoy a day of relaxation.