Welcome to Santos, a coastal city in the state of São Paulo, Brazil! Santos has something to offer for every type of traveler, from its beautiful beaches and historic attractions to its vibrant nightlife and delicious local cuisine. In this post, we will be exploring the best things to do and see in Santos, so whether you’re a first-time visitor or a local looking for new adventures, this guide has got you covered! So sit back, relax, and get ready to discover the top attractions and activities in Santos.
The 3 Best Family Activities to Do in Santos
- Private Layover Santos Port Tour of Sao Paulo City
- 7 Hour Full Day Complete Tour of Santos Shared Group
- Beach Town of Santos Tour Santos Pick Up
The 3 Best Family Activities to Do in Santos
1. Private Layover Santos Port Tour of Sao Paulo City
Experience the bustling city of Sao Paulo during your layover in Santos cruise port with a private full-day tour. With a knowledgeable local guide, discover landmarks such as the Catedral da Sé, the Italian Tower, and the Copan building. Take a stroll through the financial district, Liberdade – the Japanese quarter, and the bohemian neighborhood of Madalena. The tour also includes a visit to the Municipal Market where you can enjoy Brazilian cuisine and sample local specialties at your own expense. This excellent value tour includes port pickup and round-trip transport. As a private tour, you can enjoy a personalized experience with the undivided attention of your guide. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to explore the largest city in Brazil with a knowledgeable local guide.
2. 7 Hour Full Day Complete Tour of Santos Shared Group
Maximize your time on shore with this full-day Santos city tour. This small-group tour offers all the benefits of a shore excursion without the stress of being in a big group. You’ll have the chance to see more of the city’s sights and stories like Porchat Island, the Botanical Gardens, Mount Serrat, the Pelé Museum, and the Coffee Museum. Your local guide will share with you the rich heritage and culture of Santos.
The tour includes pickup from Santos Seaport, driver-guide, and entry fees. Tickets for the attractions, VAT, all taxes, handling charges, and parking fees during stops are also included. A private driver is provided for groups bigger than 3 people, otherwise the guide drives the vehicle themselves. Meals and drinks are not included in the package, and tips are optional.
Meeting point is at Maritime. Enjoy a full day exploring the beautiful beaches and streets of Santos with this complete tour.
3. Beach Town of Santos Tour Santos Pick Up
Experience the beach town of Santos at your own pace with this private tour. Explore the most important sights with a personalized itinerary and guided commentary tailored to your interests. Enjoy the convenience of hotel or port pickup and drop-off in private air-conditioned transportation. Your professional licensed private tour guide will lead the way, with entrance and admission fees included. Pickup is available at your preferred location within Santos. Book now for a private and flexible tour experience.
Frequently Asked Questions by Tourists about the City of SantosSantos is a city located in the state of São Paulo, Brazil. Known for its rich history, beautiful architecture, and stunning beaches, this city has become a popular destination for tourists from all over the world. However, before taking a trip to Santos, it is natural to have questions about the city. In this blog post, we will answer some of the most frequently asked questions about Santos to help you plan your trip.
1) What are the best things to do in Santos?Santos has many attractions to offer tourists who visit the city. Some of the best things to do in Santos include:
- Visit the beach: Santos is home to many beautiful beaches such as Praia do Gonzaga and Praia de Santos. These beaches are perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and relaxing.
- Take a historic tram tour: Santos has the oldest operating tram system in Brazil, and taking a tour on one of these trams is a great way to see the city’s historic architecture and landmarks.
- Explore the coffee museum: Santos was an important port for exporting coffee in the late 19th century, and the coffee museum in the city provides visitors with an insight into this important period of history.
- Visit the aquarium: The Santos aquarium is one of the largest in South America and is home to a variety of marine species.
- Take a walk around the historic center: The historic center of Santos is filled with beautiful architecture and historic landmarks, such as the São Bento Monastery.
2) What is the best time of year to visit Santos?The best time to visit Santos is during the summer months of December to March when the weather is warm and sunny. However, this is also the busiest time of year, and prices for accommodation and activities are higher. If you want to avoid the crowds, it is best to visit during the low season from April to November.
3) Is Santos a safe city for tourists?Santos is a relatively safe city for tourists, but it is still important to be cautious and take precautions to protect yourself and your belongings. Avoid walking around alone at night, especially in areas that are not well lit. Keep your valuables in a safe place and do not leave them unattended on the beach. It is also recommended to use licensed taxi services instead of hailing a taxi off the street.
4) How do I get around Santos?The easiest way to get around Santos is by using public transportation. The city has a bus system that covers most areas of the city, and there are also plenty of taxis available for hire. If you want to explore the historic center of Santos, taking a tram tour is a great way to see the sights.
5) What is the local cuisine like in Santos?Santos is known for its delicious seafood dishes, such as shrimp and fish stew and fried fish with banana. Other popular dishes in the city include feijoada, a stew made with beans and pork, and pastel, a fried pastry stuffed with various fillings such as cheese and beef. If you have a sweet tooth, be sure to try the local specialty, pé de moleque, a candy made from peanuts and sugar.
6) Are there any festivals or events in Santos?Santos is known for its lively cultural scene and hosts a variety of festivals and events throughout the year. Some of the most popular events in Santos include:
- Carnival: Carnival is a huge festival in Brazil, and Santos is no exception. The city hosts a lively parade that features colorful floats and costumes, live music, and dancing.
- Festa Junina: This festival is a celebration of the Catholic saints Saint Anthony, Saint John, and Saint Peter and is held throughout the month of June. Festivities include traditional dances, music, and food.
- Santos Jazz Festival: This festival is held annually in July and features a variety of jazz musicians from Brazil and around the world.