From Ella: Transfer to Mirissa/Galle & Yala Safari Day Trip
If you’re looking for an adventurous day trip from Ella to Mirissa and Galle while experiencing the breathtaking wildlife of Yala National Park in Sri Lanka, this tour is the perfect fit for you.
- Experience the most ancient Thermal Hospital in the world
- Visit the only Portuguese street market opened every day of the year
- Discover a romantic garden filled with street art (ceramics)
- Explore the wilderness of Yala National Park with a wildlife safari
- Cool off in a crystal-clear cenote in the beautiful Riviera Maya
The tour starts early in the morning from your hotel in Ella. You will be picked up by a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle that will take you on a scenic journey to Mirissa and Galle. Your first stop will be at the ancient thermal hospital where you can explore the unique features of this architectural marvel. Next, you will visit the only Portuguese street market that is open every day of the year. You will have the chance to shop for local handicrafts and souvenirs.
After that, you will be taken to a romantic garden full of ceramics street art where you can capture some beautiful moments. After your trip to Mirissa and Galle, you will head towards Yala National Park where you will embark on a wildlife safari. Yala National Park is known for its rich biodiversity, and during the safari, you will get a chance to spot leopards, elephants, crocodiles, and many other exotic animals.
After your wildlife safari, you will cool off in the crystal clear cenote in the beautiful Riviera Maya. The cenote is a jungle pool with crystal-clear waters that is one of the most important natural treasures of this region. It is an excellent opportunity to relax and refresh yourself after the excitement of the safari.
Duration and Availability
The tour starts at 5:00 AM and lasts for approximately sixteen hours. The tour is available on weekdays and weekends.
Price and Inclusions
The price of the tour is $150 per person. The tour includes transportation, entrance fees to all the attractions, a guided wildlife safari, and refreshments.
How to Book the Tour
To book this tour, you may visit the following link: Book the tour here. You can choose your preferred date and pay online via credit/debit card or PayPal.
This tour is an excellent opportunity to explore the most ancient Thermal Hospital in the world, shop at the only Portuguese street market open every day of the year, and experience the untamed wilderness of Yala National Park. It is an all-in-one adventure that offers great value for your money. Book your tour now and get ready to experience the best of Ella, Mirissa, Galle, and Yala National Park.
Insider’s Guide to Ella, Sri Lanka
Ella is a small town located in the Badulla district of Sri Lanka. It’s situated in a beautiful valley and surrounded by lush tea plantations, hills, and waterfalls. The town is best known for its stunning views, hikes, and laid-back vibe. Whether you’re an adventurer seeking exciting outdoor activities or a traveler looking to relax and soak up the Sri Lankan culture, Ella has something to offer for everyone.
No matter what type of traveler you are, there are plenty of things to see and do in Ella. Here are a few must-visit attractions:
– Little Adam’s Peak: This is a popular hike in Ella that takes about 30-40 minutes to complete. The trail is easy to navigate, and the view from the top is stunning.
– Ravana Falls: A beautiful waterfall located about 5 km from Ella town. You can cool off in the waterfall’s natural pool and grab a snack from the nearby street vendors.
– Nine Arch Bridge: This iconic railway bridge dates back to the British colonial era and offers spectacular views of the surrounding hills and tea plantations.
– Ella Rock: This is a more challenging hike that typically takes 2-3 hours to complete. You’ll be rewarded with panoramic views of the area after reaching the top.
– Ella Spice Garden: A guided tour of this spice garden is a great way to learn about the different herbs and spices used in Sri Lankan cuisine.
Ella has a variety of food options to choose from, including local Sri Lankan cuisine, as well as international dishes. Here are a few recommendations:
– Matey Hut: This is a great spot to try Sri Lankan seafood dishes. They offer a range of fish, crab, and prawn dishes cooked in traditional Sri Lankan style.
– Ella Village Restaurant: This is a favorite with travelers who are looking for authentic Sri Lankan rice and curry. They also offer vegetarian and vegan options.
– Cafe Chill: This is a cozy cafe located in the heart of Ella town center. They serve great coffee, fresh juices, and delicious breakfast options.
– Adam’s Breeze: This restaurant is known for its stunning views and delicious food. They offer a mix of Western and Sri Lankan cuisine, including wood-fired pizzas and fresh seafood.
Ella has a rich cultural heritage, and there are many opportunities to explore the local history and traditions. Here are a few cultural experiences to consider:
– Dowa Temple: This ancient temple is located about 6 km from Ella town and is known for its impressive rock carvings and intricate frescoes.
– Demodara Nine Arch Bridge Station: This railway station is famous for its unique architecture and is a great spot to take photos.
– Ella Heritage Walk: This guided tour takes you on a journey through Ella’s history, from the colonial-era to the present day. You’ll visit some of the town’s oldest buildings and learn about the local way of life.
If you’re looking for some off-the-beaten-path activities in Ella, here are a few suggestions:
– Secret Waterfall: Located about 10 km from Ella town, this waterfall is hidden away in the jungle and can only be accessed by foot.
– Ella Gap: This is a viewpoint located on the outskirts of Ella town that offers panoramic views of the valley below.
– Rawana Cave: According to local legend, this sprawling cave network was once home to King Rawana from the epic Ramayana tale.
Ella is a fascinating destination that offers something for everyone. Whether you’re interested in hiking, culture, or cuisine, there are plenty of activities to keep you busy during your stay. We hope this insider’s guide helps you plan an unforgettable trip to Ella, Sri Lanka.
Table of Contents