From Quito: Antisana and Condor Watching Guided Day Trip in Quito
Are you looking for an amazing guided day-trip from Quito, Ecuador? If you’re looking for a chance to get up close and personal with some wild Condors, look no further than the Antisana and Condor Watching Guided Wake-Up Tour. From pre-dawn pick-up at the hotel, to multiple birdwatching stops on the way to the Condor Caves, you’ll find a unique experience very few people ever get to enjoy.
This unique tour takes advantage of the best sunrise viewing hours of the day to give you the ultimate chance to spot condors in the wild. The tour starts with a pre-dawn wake-up call in your Quito hotel, where your experienced tour guide will come pick you up. After a short drive, you’ll start the morning birdwatching from the shore of Lake San Pablo. If you’re lucky, you’ll catch sight of a few endemic species of birds such as the Torrent Duck, Andean Graco, Andean Cocoi Heron, or Pied-billed Grebe.
After birdwatching, you’ll embark upon a 3-hour drive to Antisana Ecological Reserve. This nature reserve is home to three distinct ecosystems and a wide variety of wildlife such as Andean bears, condors, and over 100 species of birds. As you enter the reserve, take a break at a nearby viewpoint to get your first glimpse of the majestic Condors flying in its skies.
Once you reach the caves of Condors, your guide will share interesting stories of native myths and legends about these birds as well as conservation efforts that have been made to protect them. The spectacular flight displays of these birds can dazzle even the most experienced observer, so make sure to bring along your camera for some incredible photos.
No tour is complete without lunch! After an exhausting morning trekking around Antisana Ecological Reserve, take a break and have lunch near the Reserve’s entrance gate. High quality, local specialization will be served in this tranquil spot surrounded by nature.
As the morning comes to an end, your guide will take you back to Quito. Be sure to bring lots of memories and photos from your morning experience. You will soon understand why this is rated as one of the top birdwatching experiences in the world!
With this Antisana and Condor Watching Guided Wake Up Tour, you will experience something unique, beautiful and unforgettable. From spotting rare birds in unique ecosystems to learning about incredibly beautiful myths and legends, you will gain something special from this tour. Bring plenty of camera batteries and an extra memory card because there are plenty of amazing moments that need to be documented!
If you want to experience an amazing guided day-trip from Quito, Ecuador, then be sure to check out this Antisana and Condor Watching Guided Wake Up Tour. Book your trip today with GetYourGuide, and prepare for a journey like no other!
Insider’s Guide to Quito
Quito, the capital city of Ecuador, is situated in the Andean mountains and is surrounded by breathtaking views of the landscape. The city is rich in history, culture, and natural treasures, that are sure to captivate every traveler who visits. In this insider’s guide, we’ll provide you with a comprehensive list of attractions, dining spots, cultural experiences, and off-the-beaten-path suggestions for exploring Quito.
Quito is a treasure trove of historical and cultural landmarks that are worth exploring. Some of the top attractions are:
– La Mitad del Mundo (The Middle of the World): This is a monument located at the equator line, marking the point where the northern and southern hemispheres meet. It is a popular tourist attraction and a great place to snap some pictures.
– Plaza de la Independencia (Independence Square): This is a historic plaza in the heart of the Old Town, where visitors can admire colonial-era buildings, including the Presidential Palace.
– TelefériQo: This cable car ride takes visitors up to the peak of Cruz Loma, offering breathtaking views of Quito and the surrounding mountains.
– Basilica del Voto Nacional: This stunning church is one of the largest neo-gothic churches in the Americas that offers magnificent views of Quito.
Quito has a diverse food scene with numerous options to satisfy every taste bud. Here are some of the must-try dining spots in the city:
– Zazu: This chic restaurant local flavors. The menu changes every week, and it is based on seasonal ingredients.
– La Ronda: This street in Old Town is lined with several eateries that offer traditional Ecuadorian food, including empanadas, fanesca, and churrasco.
– Noe Sushi Bar: If you’re craving Japanese food, Noe Sushi Bar offers some of the best sushi in town.
Quito is not just about the tourist attractions. The city is a melting pot of cultures and traditions that offer an array of immersive cultural experiences. Here are some of the must-try cultural experiences in Quito:
– Otavalo Market: This market in the north of Quito is one of the largest indigenous markets in South America, and it offers an authentic insight into the local culture.
– Inti Raymi: This is a traditional Inca festival celebrated in June, and it represents the sun’s rebirth. It is a colorful and lively event that showcases traditional costumes, music, and dances.
Quito has a rich history that dates back to the pre-Columbian era. Here are some of the must-visit historical sites in the city:
– Carondelet Palace: Situated in the heart of the old town, this palace has served as the government headquarters for centuries.
– Museo del Banco Central: This museum showcases the history and culture of Ecuador with an extensive collection of pre-Columbian art and artifacts.
Quito has some hidden gems that are worth exploring. Here are some of the off-the-beaten-path suggestions for those who want to explore beyond the tourist trail:
– Café Mosaico: This café is situated on the hillside and offers panoramic views of Quito’s skyline. It is an ideal spot to relax and enjoy a good cup of coffee.
– Parque La Carolina: This park is a green oasis in the heart of the city, offering a chance to escape the hustle and bustle.
– Pululahua Geobotanical Reserve: This extinct volcano is located just outside Quito, and it offers breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape. Visitors can hike the trails and explore the unique flora and fauna.
Quito is a destination not to be missed. From its rich history to its natural wonders, culinary delights, and cultural experiences, there is so much to explore in this vibrant city. Plan your trip to Quito and savor every moment of your Ecuadorian adventure.
Table of Contents