Acapulco, the famous beach destination located on the Pacific coast of Mexico, is a favorite among visitors from all over the world. With its pristine beaches, crystal clear waters, towering cliffs, and vibrant nightlife, Acapulco is a feast for the senses. There is an endless variety of things to do and see in this beautiful city, making it a perfect destination for travelers of all ages and interests. In this post, we’ll explore some of the best attractions and things to do in Acapulco, ensuring that you make the most of your visit to this stunning Mexican destination.
The 5 Best Fun Activities For Adults In Acapulco
- Acapulco Diving Exhibition Baby Turtle Release Shore Trip
- Romantic Day Trip to Taxco from Acapulco
- 6hrs Shore Excursion With Cruise Ship Terminal Pick Up
- Divers Chapel of Peace Baby Turtle Release Acapulco for All City Tour
- Acapulco 6 Hour All Inclusive Tour
The 5 Best Fun Activities For Adults In Acapulco
1. Acapulco Diving Exhibition Baby Turtle Release Shore Trip
Experience the ultimate excitement of releasing a baby turtle into the Pacific Ocean during this Acapulco Diving Exhibition Baby Turtle Release Shore Trip. But before that, admire the amazement of the high cliff divers at La Quebrada and discover the beauty of the municipal market. Marvel at the murals of Diego Rivera and immerse yourself in the social classes of the region by visiting the Chapel of Peace. If you’re on a cruise, meet your friendly guide after the last security gate, drop off included. For hotel guests, expect to meet your guide at the lobby of your resort, Air B&B, or condominium. Don’t miss the chance to learn important facts about baby turtle liberation and create unforgettable memories on the beautiful beach located just 30 minutes from the pier. Contact your local supplier for specific pick-up details of your tour option.
2. Romantic Day Trip to Taxco from Acapulco
The Romantic Day Trip to Taxco from Acapulco is a must-see attraction for those who are interested in getting to know the history of Mexico while enjoying a scenic drive through the Sierra Madre mountain range. Stop for breakfast in the capital of the State of Guerrero, Chilpancingo, before heading to Taxco, famous for its unique architectural style. Admire the countryside as you make your way to this charming mining town situated in the mountains of the North Sierra. Once in Taxco, wander through the cobblestone streets and witness the beauty of the whitewashed stucco houses with red-tiled roofs spilling over with colorful flowers. Visit the Baroque Santa Prisca Cathedral and enjoy free time to have lunch and explore the city at your leisure. Taxco is known for being the Silver Capital of Mexico, so make sure to take the opportunity to do some shopping and pick up some gorgeous silver pieces. With plenty of time to explore and enjoy its fabulous weather, the Romantic Day Trip to Taxco from Acapulco is an experience not to be missed.
3. 6hrs Shore Excursion With Cruise Ship Terminal Pick Up
This 6-hour shore excursion with cruise ship terminal pick up offers a unique experience to be the “Godfather” of a little baby turtle and visit the different housing areas of Acapulco, including Middle Rich & Working Class. With no shopping stops or tourist traps, this tour provides only the best sightseeing opportunities.
Starting with a trip to a beautiful beach, located just 30 minutes from the pier, you will learn everything there is to know about liberating a baby turtle into the Pacific Ocean. The tour will then head to the Chapel of Peace at the top of the Las Brisas Hotel, offering an exquisite view of the Bay of Acapulco. During the drive, you will have the opportunity to admire the exclusive residential areas of the city.
The tour will continue along the main avenue to see the different housing areas and make one more stop in the north of the city of Acapulco. Finally, the tour will head to the city market, known as the source of fresh vegetables, fruits, beef, chicken, and pork. Here, your guide will explain and elaborate on everything there is to know about the market’s offerings.
Join this tour for a unique opportunity to learn all there is to know about the fantastic city of Acapulco, without any shopping stops or tourist traps.
4. Divers Chapel of Peace Baby Turtle Release Acapulco for All City Tour
Explore Acapulco’s highlights on this city tour with insightful commentary from a professional guide. Discover the daily life of local residents and get a glimpse into the city’s past and future as you visit the landmarks that make up Acapulco’s heart. This tour includes stops at the famous Cliff Divers, the serene Chapel of Peace, and the Vallarino Turtle Camp where you can witness the release of baby turtles into the sea. Hotel pickup and drop-off is included for your convenience. Don’t miss out on this comprehensive tour of Acapulco’s best attractions.
5. Acapulco 6 Hour All Inclusive Tour
Explore the beautiful city of Acapulco in a 6-hour all-inclusive tour. Witness the death-defying high cliff divers of La Quebrada and take a stroll through the Central Market, experiencing the vibrant and aromatic Mexican culture. Get up and close with baby turtles as they are released into the wild at the Turtle Conservation Camp.
Take in the most breathtaking view of Acapulco from the Chapel of Peace and Trouyet Cross as you drive through the exclusive residential area of Las Brisas. Travel through the middle-class neighborhoods and the main avenue to reach the steep streets of Acapulco. From the highest point, marvel at the stunning view of the northern part of the city and its way of life and culture.
Join our professional guides as they take you on this unforgettable tour of Acapulco’s most significant attractions, and experience life in Mexico in a unique way.
The Ultimate Guide to Acapulco: Answering the Most Common Tourist Questions
Acapulco, located in the southwestern state of Guerrero, is a world-famous beach destination known for its sun, sand, and surf. It’s a city that attracts millions of visitors every year, from Mexico and from all over the world. Whether you’re planning your first trip to Acapulco or you’re a repeat visitor, you probably have some questions about the city. This guide will answer some of the most common tourist questions about Acapulco.
1. Is Acapulco safe for tourists?
This is probably one of the most common questions asked by tourists. The answer is yes, but with some caveats. Like many large cities in the world, Acapulco has areas that are more dangerous than others, and crime can be an issue. However, most areas frequented by tourists are relatively safe, and violent crime is rare in those areas. It’s always a good idea to take common-sense precautions like not flashing expensive jewelry or electronics, not carrying a lot of cash, and not wandering into unfamiliar neighborhoods.
2. When is the best time to visit Acapulco?
The best time to visit Acapulco is from November to May. This is the dry season, with sunny days and warm temperatures. June to October is the rainy season and can be very hot and humid. Prices for accommodations and activities are also higher during the high season, so if you’re on a budget, consider visiting during the shoulder season (late May to early November).
3. What are the best beaches in Acapulco?
Acapulco has several great beaches, each with its own vibe. Here are some of the most popular:
- Caleta and Caletilla: These are two neighboring beaches that are both great for swimming and snorkeling. They’re located in the main tourist area and can get crowded, but they’re also convenient for amenities like restaurants and water sports rentals.
- Playa Hornos: This beach is popular for its calm waters and wide expanse of sand. It’s a great spot for families with kids.
- Playa Condesa: This beach is located in the heart of the nightlife zone and is popular with younger crowds. It can get crowded and noisy, but it’s great for people-watching and partying.
- Barra Vieja: This beach is located outside of the main tourist area and is known for its secluded setting and great seafood. It’s a great spot if you’re looking for a quieter beach day.
4. What are some must-see attractions in Acapulco?
Acapulco has a lot of great attractions, from historical sites to natural wonders. Here are some of the must-sees:
- La Quebrada Cliff Divers: This is one of the most iconic attractions in Acapulco. The cliff divers perform daily shows, diving from a height of 136 feet into a shallow area of the ocean. It’s a must-see spectacle.
- Chapel of Peace: This is a peaceful and serene chapel located on a hillside overlooking the bay. It’s a great spot for panoramic views of the city and the ocean.
- Fuerte de San Diego: This 18th-century fort is now a museum that showcases the history of Acapulco and the state of Guerrero. It’s a great spot to learn about the city’s past.
- Isla La Roqueta: This small island is located off the coast of Acapulco and is a great spot for snorkeling, diving, and beach time. You can take a ferry or hire a private boat to get there.
5. What’s the nightlife like in Acapulco?
Acapulco is known for its vibrant nightlife scene, with plenty of options for bars, clubs, and live music venues. The main nightlife zone is located in the Golden Zone, which is filled with bars and clubs that stay open late. Here are some of the top nightlife spots:
- Palladium: This club is one of the largest and most popular in Acapulco, with multiple dance floors and bars.
- Baby’O: This club has been a staple of Acapulco’s nightlife scene for decades, with a retro vibe and plenty of live music.
- Mandara: This rooftop bar is located in the heart of the Golden Zone and is known for its killer views and cocktails.
- Zibu: This restaurant turns into a club later in the evening, with live music and dancing in a beautiful outdoor setting.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in AcapulcoIf you’re planning a trip to Acapulco, you’re in for a treat. This bustling coastal city in Mexico has something for everyone, from stunning beaches and exciting nightlife to historical landmarks and delicious cuisine.To help you make the most of your time in Acapulco, we’ve put together this comprehensive guide with step-by-step instructions on how to spend your time as a tourist in this beautiful city.
1. Hit the BeachOne of the main draws of Acapulco is its stunning beaches. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing day in the sun or an action-packed adventure, Acapulco’s beaches have something for everyone.Some of the most popular beaches in Acapulco include Playa Condesa, Playa Caleta, and Playa Hornos. Playa Condesa is known for its lively atmosphere and wide range of water sports, while Playa Caleta is more laid-back and family-friendly. Playa Hornos is a great spot for surfing and other water activities.
2. Explore the Historical LandmarksAcapulco has a rich history that’s reflected in its many historical landmarks. Some of the must-see landmarks in Acapulco include the Fuerte de San Diego, a 17th-century fort that served as a military base and now houses a museum; the Capilla de la Paz, a hilltop chapel with stunning views of the bay; and the Catedral de Nuestra Señora de la Soledad, an impressive cathedral that dates back to the early 20th century.
3. Sample the Local CuisineMexican food is famous around the world, and Acapulco is no exception. From street vendors to high-end restaurants, there are plenty of opportunities to sample the local cuisine in Acapulco.Some of the must-try dishes in Acapulco include pozole, a hearty soup made with hominy and meat; tamales, wrapped corn husks stuffed with meat or cheese; and ceviche, a dish made with raw seafood marinated in lime juice.
4. Experience the NightlifeAcapulco is known for its vibrant nightlife, with everything from rooftop bars to dance clubs. Some of the most popular spots for a night out in Acapulco include the Palladium, a massive club that’s been around since the 1960s, and Baby’O, a high-energy nightclub that’s a favorite among locals and tourists alike.
5. Shop for SouvenirsNo trip to Acapulco would be complete without picking up some authentic souvenirs to take home with you. Some of the best places to shop for souvenirs in Acapulco include Mercado de Artesanías, a bustling market filled with handcrafted items like ceramics, textiles, and jewelry; and La Gran Plaza, a large shopping mall with a mix of local and international retailers.
6. Explore the OutdoorsAcapulco is surrounded by natural beauty, from the Sierra Madre mountains to the Pacific Ocean. There are plenty of opportunities to explore the outdoors in Acapulco, whether you’re interested in hiking, fishing, or simply enjoying the scenery.Some of the best outdoor activities in Acapulco include hiking in the Sierra Madre mountains, fishing for marlin or sailfish in the Pacific Ocean, and taking a boat tour of the bay.
7. Relax and RechargeFinally, one of the best ways to spend your time in Acapulco is simply relaxing and recharging. Whether you’re lounging on the beach, getting a massage at a spa, or simply taking a siesta in the afternoon heat, Acapulco is the perfect place to unwind and recharge your batteries.
Book Your Tour NowAcapulco is a truly amazing city with a wealth of things to see and do. Whether you’re interested in beaches, history, cuisine, nightlife, shopping, outdoor activities, or simply relaxing, there’s something for everyone in Acapulco. So pack your bags, book your plane ticket, and get ready for the trip of a lifetime!
Share This Article with Your Friends
If you found this article helpful, your friends might appreciate it too. Click on any of the social share buttons below to share it with them and spread the knowledge.