As the capital city of the Bahamas, Nassau is a tropical paradise filled with crystal-clear waters, pristine beaches, and a rich cultural heritage that dates back hundreds of years. With so much to see and do, it can be difficult to decide where to start. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing afternoon on the beach or an adventurous day exploring the local attractions, there’s something for everyone in Nassau. In this post, we’ll take a look at some of the best things to see and do in Nassau, so you can plan the perfect trip and make the most of your time in this beautiful city.
The 9 Best Fun Activities For Adults In Nassau
- Atv Tours in Nassau City Bahamas
- Fun Run Nassau and Paradise Island Tour
- Nassau Shore Excursion Half Day Historical Sightseeing Tour
- Nassau Shore Excursion Sightseeing and Snorkeling Tour
- Funky Nassau Jeep Adventure
- Half Hour Jet Ski Adventure
- Exuma Cays Swimming Pigs and More Half Day Tour Fly in from Nassau Bahamas
- Nassau Bahamas Highlights Tour
- One Hour Jet Ski Adventure
The 9 Best Fun Activities For Adults In Nassau
1. Atv Tours in Nassau City Bahamas
Explore Nassau in a unique and exciting way with this ATV quad bike tour of the city. Your knowledgeable guide will take you through the bustling streets of the capital, while sharing the rich history of Nassau. Indulge in local Bahamian delicacies such as the world-famous rum cake, and enjoy the beauty of the Bahamas as you ride by Fort Montagu and Cable Beach. You’ll also get to visit the iconic Atlantis Bahamas resort, complete with an impressive aquarium and casino. With lunch, soda, and bottled water included, this is a fantastic way to experience the highlights of Nassau in just a few hours. Pickups are available from any hotel or port in Nassau, ensuring a stress-free start to your adventure. Don’t miss out on this fun and easy way to explore Nassau on an ATV quad bike tour.
2. Fun Run Nassau and Paradise Island Tour
Tour Nassau’s landmarks and highlights in a comfortable minivan on this 2.5-hour sightseeing tour. Visit the famous Atlantis Resort, the Graycliff Chocolate Factory, and John Watling’s Distillery, and huff up the Queen Victoria staircase for spectacular photo ops. Enjoy historical and cultural commentary from your local guide throughout the tour. Hotel/port pickup and drop-off, transport by air-conditioned full-size van, live commentary on board, and gratuities are included. Reserve your spot on this exciting Fun Run Nassau and Paradise Island Tour now.
3. Nassau Shore Excursion Half Day Historical Sightseeing Tour
During this 3.5-hour Nassau Shore Excursion Half Day Historical Sightseeing Tour, you will have the chance to explore the landmarks and highlights of Nassau. You will get to climb the Queen Victoria staircase and take some amazing photographs, as well as visit the Bahamas Rum Cake Factory, where you can try some delicious rum cake. The Graycliff Chocolate Factory and John Watling’s Distillery are also included in the itinerary, offering you the chance to learn about chocolate and rum production. The tour will also make stops at Arawak Cay and Junkanoo Beach, popular spots among the locals, and the Pirate Museum. Your local guide will provide you with historical and cultural commentary throughout the tour, ensuring you get the most out of your experience. The tour includes pick up and drop off services from the Nassau port, making it a convenient option for cruise ship passengers.
4. Nassau Shore Excursion Sightseeing and Snorkeling Tour
Embark on a 5.5-hour Nassau shore excursion and discover the island’s top attractions. This tour combines sightseeing, beach time, and a chocolate tasting experience. You’ll get to snorkel at Nirvanna Love Beach with equipment provided and shop for souvenirs at the mini straw market. The tour includes round-trip transportation from the cruise port, live commentary on board, and a delicious lunch with a soft drink. Alcoholic drinks are available for purchase. Hotel/Port pickup and drop-off is also included in the tour package. You can head directly to the meeting point or request a pickup from your hotel.
5. Funky Nassau Jeep Adventure
Take a deep dive into Nassau’s culture and culinary scene on this half-day jeep tour. Travel in a custom-built jeep and listen to insightful commentary as you visit some of the island’s top highlights including the Junkanoo experience, Fort Charlotte, Queen’s Staircase, Nassau Caves, and more. The tour includes admission to all attractions, so there are no hidden costs. Learn about the island’s cuisine and taste local delicacies during stops at Drifters at Da’ Fish Fry. Pickup and drop-off are included for convenience. Don’t miss out on this chance to explore Nassau in a unique way!
6. Half Hour Jet Ski Adventure
Experience a thrilling ride on a safe and easy to operate two-seater wave runner as part of your island vacation in Nassau. This half hour jet ski adventure is perfect for individuals and couples alike. You’ll enjoy the thrill of speed and splashing water as you ride in the tropical waters of The Bahamas, taking in the stunning views all around you.
Complimentary pick-up is provided for guests of local hotels and the cruise ship port, and you’ll be transported to your destination where a highly competent water sport operator will explain safety measures and show you how to operate the jet ski. Choose to ride alone or with a partner, or opt to ride with one of the water sport operators.
Rides are offered daily with time slots available every half hour. All taxes, fees and handling charges are included in the price, as well as hotel/port pick-up and drop off. Gratuities are optional.
Please note that this tour is not suitable for pregnant women, people with mobility impairments, or people with heart problems. Experience the exhilaration of riding a jet ski on the beautiful waters of Nassau on this thrilling half hour adventure!
7. Exuma Cays Swimming Pigs and More Half Day Tour Fly in from Nassau Bahamas
Explore the beauty of Exuma Cays with this half day tour, taking you on a journey through the crystal clear waters of the Bahamas. Swim with the famous Bahamian swimming pigs and get the chance to feed iguanas and pet sharks. Our licensed guide will take you on an adventure to a local restaurant for lunch before your return flight to Nassau. Snorkeling equipment, towels, and bottled water will be provided for all guests. Enjoy the small group sizes of this intimate tour and visit a sandbar as well as snorkel in the Thunderball Grotto. Upgrade options for round-trip flight are also available for your convenience. Join us on this unforgettable adventure and create memories that will last a lifetime!
8. Nassau Bahamas Highlights Tour
Explore the highlights of Nassau Bahamas without the hassle of getting lost on the Nassau Bahamas Highlights Tour. This tour is perfect for first-time visitors with limited time or those who want to see the best sights without the stress of navigating. Travel between attractions with ease in an air-conditioned minivan, and enjoy rum cake samples along the way. The tour is also unique because it is only for a small group of 4-6 people, ensuring safety and personalized attention. The tour includes port pickup and drop-off, transport by air-conditioned minivan, and gratuities. If you prefer, you can request pickup from your location. Join the tour and meet at Rawson Square, the iconic meeting point in downtown Nassau, where you can also find the popular Water Fountain.
9. One Hour Jet Ski Adventure
Experience a thrilling ride in the tropical waters of The Bahamas with the One Hour Jet Ski Adventure. This tour is perfect for individual travelers or couples who want to add some excitement to their island vacation.
After being picked up from your hotel, you will be taken to the destination where a highly competent water sport operator will brief you on safety measures and how to operate the jet ski. You have the option to ride alone with a partner or with one of the water sport operators.
The two-seater wave runners are safe and easy-to-operate, making it suitable for beginners. Feel the adrenaline rush as you speed through the water and enjoy the stunning views of the tropical surroundings.
Rides are offered daily, and you can select a time slot that suits you. All taxes, fees, and handling charges are included in the tour price, as well as hotel/port pick-up and drop off. Gratuities are optional, and transportation is also available for those staying in private residences, including Airbnb.
Note that this tour is not suitable for pregnant women, people with back problems, people with mobility impairments, or children under 16 years old.
The Ultimate Guide to Nassau: Answering Tourists’ Most Frequently Asked QuestionsNassau, the capital city of the Bahamas, is a tropical paradise that attracts thousands of tourists every year. From pristine beaches to delicious local cuisine, Nassau has everything that makes for a perfect vacation. If you’re planning a trip to Nassau, you might have some questions in your mind. Here’s a list of the most frequently asked questions by tourists about the city:
1. What is the best time of the year to visit Nassau?The best time to visit Nassau is from December to April when the weather is dry and the temperature ranges from 70-80°F. However, this is also the peak tourist season, and the prices for accommodation and tour packages are generally high. If you’re looking for a budget-friendly trip, consider visiting Nassau during the off-season from May to November. The weather might be wetter and more humid, but you can save a lot of money on flights and hotels.
2. What are the must-visit tourist attractions in Nassau?Nassau is full of exciting tourist attractions that cater to all kinds of travelers. Some of the must-visit places in Nassau are:
- Atlantis Paradise Island- one of the most popular resorts on the island, which features a giant water park, aquariums, and casinos
- The Queen’s Staircase- a historic site that is a 102-foot staircase built by slaves in the late 1700s
- Fort Fincastle and Water Tower- historic fort and water tower built in the late 1700s as a lookout point for pirates, with great views of the city from the top
- Junkanoo Beach- one of the most popular beaches in Nassau, located close to the city center and featuring crystal clear waters and soft white sand
- Arawak Cay- a street filled with stalls selling traditional Bahamian food and drinks, perfect for foodies
3. Are there any safety concerns for tourists visiting Nassau?Like any other tourist destination, Nassau has its share of safety concerns. Tourists are advised to be cautious while walking around at night and to avoid isolated or poorly lit areas. It is recommended to take taxi services arranged through your hotel or reputable taxi services to avoid being scammed or robbed. Visitors should be respectful of the local culture and people, and avoid carrying large amounts of cash or expensive jewelry.
4. What are the best local dishes to try in Nassau?Bahamian cuisine is a blend of African, European, and Caribbean influences and is full of flavor and spices. Some of the must-try local dishes in Nassau are:
- Conch fritters- deep-fried balls of conch meat mixed with herbs and peppers
- Pigeon pea and rice- a flavorful rice dish cooked with pigeon peas and spices
- Cracked conch- deep-fried batter-coated conch served with spicy dipping sauce
- Bahamian rock lobster- buttery and succulent lobster cooked in a variety of ways