Alanya is a beautiful coastal city in Turkey known for its stunning beaches, ancient architecture, and modern attractions. Located on the Mediterranean coast, this vibrant city has something to offer for everyone, from history buffs to adventure seekers. If you’re planning a trip to Alanya and wondering what to do, then you’ve come to the right place. In this post, we will guide you through the best attractions and things to do in Alanya, so that you can make the most out of your trip to this charming city. Get ready to explore the hidden gems of Alanya and create unforgettable memories.
The 6 Best Fun Activities In Alanya
- Alanya Jeep Safari in Turkey
- Tandem Paragliding in Alanya
- Sapadere Canyon Day Tour from Alanya by Jeep
- City Tour With Alanya Teleferik
- Alanya Boat Trip in Turkey
- Alanya 3 Hour City Tour With Sunset Panaroma by Jeep
The 6 Best Fun Activities In Alanya
1. Alanya Jeep Safari in Turkey
Travel by jeep into the Taurus Mountains with a team of professional drivers on this full-day adventure. Take in the spectacular views of Alanya at stops along the way and experience the delightful Turkish countryside. Visit a small village with a village mosque, and stop at an old house where you’ll have the option of trying traditional Turkish bread made locally. You’ll also be offered a glass of Turkish tea while watching an amusing animation program.
Enjoy lunch at a popular restaurant near the Dim Cayi River, surrounded by the breathtaking landscape. Relax in the sun before you head back to Alanya after a day filled with exciting experiences.
This tour provides transfers, insurance, an English-speaking guide, and all taxes. Don’t miss the chance to experience village life in Turkey and discover the stunning natural beauty of the Taurus Mountains.
2. Tandem Paragliding in Alanya
Benefit from hotel pick-up and drop-off in Alanya, and then prepare yourself for an unforgettable experience high up in the sky. Meet your professional pilot at Kleopatra Beach and head to a hilltop, 800 meters above sea level, to start your tandem paragliding journey.
During your 20-25 minute flight, you’ll fly like a bird over the stunning Alanya and the turquoise Mediterranean Sea. Let your pilot control the speed and capture great pictures and videos of your experience, which you can purchase later as a memento.
Get back to the beach safely and then return to your hotel in Alanya with memories that will last a lifetime. Don’t miss the chance to experience high emotions on a tandem paraglide flight over one of Turkey’s most beautiful destinations!
3. Sapadere Canyon Day Tour from Alanya by Jeep
Tackle the rugged terrain of the Taurus Mountains on this full-day Sapadere Canyon tour from Alanya. This tour includes a comfortable ride in a jeep with free hotel pickup and drop-off. Explore the serene Sapadere Canyon on foot, visit the atmospheric Guceler cave and cool off with a swim beneath the falls. Lunch is included in the tour price, along with entrance fees to the Cuceler cave (optional). This is a great value tour for couples and families alike. Please note that the tour is not wheelchair accessible and travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level. Infants must sit on laps and infant meals are not included. Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
4. City Tour With Alanya Teleferik
This tour offers visitors the opportunity to explore Alanya without the stress of planning their own transport. Participants will be taken to the top of Taurus Mountains for a panoramic view of the area before heading to Cleopatra Beach to relax. Next, the cable car will take visitors up to Alanya Castle to watch the beautiful sunset over the Mediterranean Sea. The castle is also a great place to see highlights of the city, such as the Old Shipyard. Participants can choose to explore Damlatas Cave, an optional stop on the itinerary. All hotel pickups and returns are included, and participants can show their mobile tickets on their cellphones to their driver. Souvenir photos are also available for purchase.
5. Alanya Boat Trip in Turkey
Discover the breathtaking coastline of Alanya with a 6-hour boat trip. Pass by the Red Tower Old Shipyard and Alanya Castle, two of the most famous tourist attractions in the area. Explore the Pirates’ Cave, Lover’s Cave, and Phosphorus Cave and witness their stunning rock formations. Take a dip in the crystal clear blue-green waters off the coast and indulge in a delicious BBQ lunch that will be served onboard. The tour includes hotel pick-up and drop off, lunch, soft drinks and tips. A perfect way to spend a relaxing day on the beautiful waters of Alanya.
6. Alanya 3 Hour City Tour With Sunset Panaroma by Jeep
See the changing faces of Alanya by day and night on this fun 3-hour sightseeing tour as you zip around in a Jeep. This excellent value for money experience is perfect for couples and includes free pickup and drop-off from your hotel. Led by a local guide, you’ll climb into the Taurus Mountains for a dramatic view of the city, explore sights like Cleopatra beach, Damlatas Cave, and the Red Tower, and head to the hilltop Alanya Castle to sip a glass of wine and watch the sunset over the harbor below. The tour also includes cable car round trip and entrance fees to Damlatas cave. Pickup starts at 04:30 PM from the hotel security gate. Don’t miss this great overview and orientation of the city with an additional opportunity to purchase souvenir photos. Please note that confirmation will be received at the time of booking and that the tour is not wheelchair accessible.
Frequently Asked Questions about AlanyaAlanya is a beautiful city located on the southern coast of Turkey. It offers great attractions, nature, culture, and history. Every day, thousands of tourists visit Alanya to experience its beauty and charm. However, there are some questions and concerns that tourists have regarding their visits. In this blog post, we will answer the most frequently asked questions about Alanya.
1. What is the best time to visit Alanya?The best time to visit Alanya is between April and October. During this time, the weather is warm and sunny, which is perfect for outdoor activities and water sports. The peak season for tourism in Alanya is between June and September when the temperatures are at their highest. However, if you want to avoid the crowds, visit Alanya during the shoulder seasons of April-May and September-October.
2. How do I get to Alanya?The easiest way to get to Alanya is by flying into Antalya International Airport, which is located about 120 km away from Alanya. From the airport, you can either hire a taxi, rent a car, or take a shuttle bus to reach Alanya. The taxi ride takes about two hours, and the shuttle bus takes about three hours.
3. Where should I stay in Alanya?Alanya offers a variety of accommodations, from luxury hotels to budget-friendly hostels. If you want to stay close to the beach and the nightlife, stay in the downtown area, which is full of hotels, restaurants, and bars. If you prefer a quiet and peaceful environment, stay in the suburbs of Alanya, such as Mahmutlar or Kestel.
4. What are the must-see attractions in Alanya?Alanya has many attractions that you should not miss during your visit. Here are some of the must-see attractions in Alanya:
- The Alanya Castle
- The Red Tower
- The Damlatas Cave
- The Alanya Archaeological Museum
- The Cleopatra Beach
- The Dim Cave and River
5. What are the best activities to do in Alanya?Alanya offers many activities that cater to different tastes and preferences. Some of the best activities to do in Alanya are:
- Take a boat tour along the coast
- Go paragliding from the Taurus Mountains
- Visit the Alanya Bazaar for shopping and local food
- Explore the Damlatas Cave
- Swim and sunbathe on the Cleopatra Beach
- Go white water rafting on the Köprülü Canyon River
6. Is Alanya safe for tourists?Alanya is a safe city for tourists, and the crime rate is relatively low. However, like any other tourist destination, petty theft and pickpocketing can occur. You should take precautions such as keeping your valuables in the hotel safe, not carrying too much cash, and being careful in crowded areas.
7. What is the currency used in Alanya?The currency used in Alanya is the Turkish Lira. You can exchange your currency at banks, exchange offices, and ATMs, which are widely available in the city. Most hotels and restaurants also accept major credit cards such as Visa and Mastercard.
8. What is the language spoken in Alanya?The official language spoken in Alanya is Turkish. However, as Alanya is a popular tourist destination, many people in the city speak English, German, and Russian.
9. What is the local cuisine in Alanya?The local cuisine in Alanya is a blend of Turkish and Mediterranean cuisine. Some of the must-try dishes in Alanya are:
- Adana kebab
- Lahmacun (Turkish pizza)
- Mantı (Turkish dumplings)
- Pide (Turkish flatbread)
- Baklava (sweet pastry)