Located on the eastern coast of Sicily, Taormina is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Italy. With its stunning views of the Ionian Sea and the mighty Mount Etna, Taormina attracts visitors from all over the world every year. The town is renowned for its historical landmarks, charming streets, and incredible panoramic views. If you’re planning a trip to Taormina but not sure where to start exploring, don’t worry. In this post, we’ll highlight the best attractions and things to do in Taormina to help you make the most out of your visit. Whether you’re interested in ancient history, natural wonders, or simply want to enjoy the local cuisine and atmosphere, Taormina has something to offer for everyone. So let’s dive in and discover the top attractions and experiences you shouldn’t miss in Taormina.
The 3 Best Fun Activities In Taormina
- 3 Hour Taormina Segway Tour
- From Taormina the Godfather Movie Tour of Sicily Villages
- From Taormina Chic Panarea and Stromboli Full Day Tour
The 3 Best Fun Activities In Taormina
1. 3 Hour Taormina Segway Tour
Experience the picturesque city of Taormina by Segway on this 3-hour tour, where you’ll get to see some of the top tourist attractions of the city. Start your tour on the terrace above the parking lot “Porta Catania,” where you’ll meet your guide and learn how to operate the Segway. The tour begins with a visit to the Piazza Duomo, home to the fountain with the “Centauressa” – a symbol of Taormina, and the City Hall. From there, you’ll continue towards the ancient monastery of San Domenico; today, one of the most luxurious hotels in Sicily. After passing Porta di Mezzo, you’ll arrive in Piazza IX Aprile, also known as the Belvedere, before continuing on to the park. Leaving the park, you’ll head towards the Greek-Roman Theater, one of Taormina’s top tourist attractions. Join this tour and discover the beauty of Taormina on a swift and comfortable ride with a Segway.
2. From Taormina the Godfather Movie Tour of Sicily Villages
Departing from Taormina, delve into the history of Sicily and the origins of the Sicilian Mafia on the From Taormina the Godfather Movie Tour of Sicily Villages. Visit Forza d’Agrò and Savoca, the main shooting locations of The Godfather in Sicily. Walk in the footsteps of the young Michael Corleone while discovering the movie set spots. Take in the breathtaking Mediterranean architecture with your guide. Enjoy a scenic drive through the countryside and take a pleasant stroll in the villages. Find filming locations of the movie easily, visit the Trimarchi building, venue for the famous Bar Vitelli, and see the location of the wedding shoot at the Church of Santa Lucia. Hear stories about the movies and Sicily from a local guide and learn about tales behind the great film and the equally captivating history of the island that inspired it.
3. From Taormina Chic Panarea and Stromboli Full Day Tour
Take a tour of Stromboli and Panarea, two beautiful islands belonging to the Aeolian Archipelago. On this full day tour, relax on a private motorboat equipped with toilets and bar while admiring the stunning landscapes dominated by an active volcano. In Panarea, explore the chic streets and boutiques, or lounge on Calajunco Bay and Zimmari Beach. Then, take a walking tour in Stromboli and stroll through the charming small village of Ginostra. Enjoy a fully guided tour with transportation by bus and boat, meals and drinks, and eco-tax entrance fee to the Aeolian Islands. Don’t miss this unique chance to witness volcanic eruptions and learn about the fascinating history of these ancient islands.
Frequently Asked Questions by Tourists About TaorminaTaormina is a beautiful town located on the east coast of Sicily. This ancient town has a long history, and it’s been attracting tourists for centuries. If you’re planning to visit Taormina, you might have some questions in your mind regarding the city’s history, culture, food, and places to visit.In this post, we’ve put together some of the most frequently asked questions by tourists about Taormina. We hope this will help you prepare for your trip and make the most of your time in this beautiful city.
1. What is the history of Taormina?Taormina has a rich and fascinating history that dates back to the ancient Greeks who settled in the area in the 8th century BC. Over the centuries, the town has been ruled by various civilizations, including the Romans, Byzantines, Arabs, Normans, and Spanish.During the Middle Ages, Taormina was an important center for silk production, and it was also a popular destination for artists and writers. In the 19th century, Taormina became a popular tourist destination, and today it’s known for its beautiful beaches, stunning views, and ancient ruins.
2. What are the must-see places in Taormina?There are many places to see in Taormina, but some of the most popular ones include:
- The ancient Greek amphitheater
- The Corvaja Palace
- The Taormina Cathedral
- The Public Gardens
- The Isola Bella
- The Giardini Naxos Beach