Blackpool, located on the northwest coast of England, is a bustling seaside town with something to offer for all ages. From the iconic Blackpool Tower to the thrilling rides at the Pleasure Beach amusement park, Blackpool has become one of the UK’s most popular holiday destinations. But with so much to see and do, it can be overwhelming for first-time visitors to know where to start. In this post, we’ll guide you through the best attractions and things to do in Blackpool, ensuring you make the most of your time in this vibrant and exciting town.
The 2 Best Fun Activities To Do In Blackpool
The 2 Best Fun Activities To Do In Blackpool
1. The Blackpool Tower 6 Attraction Ticket
Start your journey to the heights of The Blackpool Tower Eye and take in the breathtaking views of the North West from 380 feet. Enjoy the SkyWalk 4D cinema and have a drink at stylish Bar 380 before diving into the depths of the ocean at SEA LIFE Blackpool. Admire over 2500 creatures including tropical sharks, beautiful starfish, rays, and seahorses.
Continue your adventure to Madame Tussauds Blackpool and travel through the ages of vintage Marvel comic strips, where you’ll come face to face with superheroes like Thor. Then, make your way down Blackpool’s promenade to brave The Blackpool Tower Dungeon, where you can learn about 1000 years of dark and riotous history on a unique one-hour thrill-filled journey.
Finally, return to the iconic Blackpool Tower and take a spin on the dance floor of the famous fun world. With the Blackpool Tower 6 Attraction Ticket, you’ll have access to six attractions in total, making your visit to Blackpool one to remember.
2. Blackpool Peter Rabbit Explore and Play Entry Ticket
You can’t miss Peter Rabbit™: Explore and Play in Blackpool! Get ready to think like a rabbit, move like a rabbit and deploy rabbit-like senses to complete the challenges and earn badges. Explore Jeremy Fisher’s Sensory Pond and Mr McGregor’s Garden while enjoying plenty of photo opportunities. What’s more, you’ll meet, greet and ‘high-paw’ with Peter, the bunny himself in this bumper bunny day out! This tour includes entrance to Peter Rabbit™: Explore and Play, which is located next door to the famous Madame Tussauds Blackpool.
Frequently Asked Questions about BlackpoolBlackpool is an iconic seaside resort in Lancashire, North West England. With a proud history of entertaining visitors for over 150 years, Blackpool is still as popular today as it ever was. However, many tourists have questions about what to expect when visiting. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions and our expert answers:
1. What is the best time to visit Blackpool?The best time to visit Blackpool is during the summer months when the weather is warm and sunny. This is when the town is buzzing with tourists and there is a great atmosphere around the town. However, keep in mind that this is also the busiest time of the year, so it’s important to book accommodation and attractions in advance to avoid disappointment.
2. What are the must-see attractions in Blackpool?Blackpool has a plethora of attractions to suit all ages and interests. Some of the must-see attractions include the Blackpool Tower, Blackpool Pleasure Beach, Madame Tussauds, and the SEA LIFE Blackpool. For those interested in history and culture, the Grundy Art Gallery and the Blackpool Illuminations are not to be missed.
3. What is the best way to get around Blackpool?Blackpool is a relatively small town and most of the attractions are within walking distance of each other. However, for those who prefer not to walk or have mobility issues, there are plenty of transport options available. The Blackpool Tramway and Blackpool Transport operate regular services throughout the town, and there are also plenty of taxi services available.
4. What is the nightlife like in Blackpool?Blackpool is well known for its vibrant nightlife, with plenty of bars, clubs and restaurants to suit all tastes. There are a range of different bars and clubs, from traditional pubs with live music to modern clubs with top DJs. The town also has a fantastic selection of restaurants, serving everything from traditional British cuisine to international dishes.
5. What is the weather like in Blackpool?The weather in Blackpool is generally mild, with temperatures rarely dropping below freezing during the winter months. However, it can be quite unpredictable, and it’s always worth checking the forecast before you visit. During the summer months, temperatures can reach the high 20s, but it’s always worth packing a jumper or coat as the evenings can be cooler.
6. Is Blackpool a family-friendly destination?Absolutely! Blackpool is one of the most family-friendly destinations in the UK, with a wide range of attractions and activities to suit all ages. The famous Blackpool Pleasure Beach is a must-visit for families, with a range of rides and attractions suitable for all ages. The SEA LIFE Blackpool is also a great day out for families, with a range of sea creatures to discover.
7. What is the dress code in Blackpool?Blackpool is a relatively casual town, and there is no specific dress code that you need to adhere to. However, it’s worth packing some comfortable shoes and clothing, as there is a lot of walking involved when exploring the town.
8. Are there any free things to do in Blackpool?Absolutely! While Blackpool has plenty of paid attractions, there are also plenty of free things to do. Some of the most popular free attractions include Blackpool Beach, Stanley Park, and the Blackpool Illuminations. Additionally, there are plenty of events throughout the year that are free to attend, such as the Blackpool Air Show and the Blackpool Carnival.
9. Is Blackpool accessible for wheelchair users?Yes, Blackpool is accessible for wheelchair users, with a range of ramps and lifts available at many of the main attractions. Additionally, Blackpool Transport operates a fleet of accessible trams and buses, making it easy to get around the town. It’s worth checking with individual attractions before you visit to ensure that they have the necessary facilities to cater for your needs.
10. How can I save money when visiting Blackpool?There are plenty of ways to save money when visiting Blackpool. One of the easiest ways is to book your accommodation and attractions in advance, using discount codes and special deals. Additionally, there are plenty of free things to do in Blackpool, such as visiting the beach or exploring the town’s parks. Finally, it’s worth checking with local tourist information centres to find out about any special events or promotions that may be running during your visit.In conclusion, Blackpool is a fantastic destination for tourists of all ages and interests. With a wide range of attractions, activities and events, there is always something to see and do in this vibrant seaside town. We hope this guide has answered some of your most frequently asked questions, and we can’t wait to welcome you to Blackpool soon!
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in BlackpoolBlackpool, situated in the northwest coast of England, is known for its beautiful beaches and iconic landmarks. It is a popular tourist destination for both locals and foreigners. Here’s a guide on how to make the most of your time in Blackpool.
1. Visit the Blackpool TowerThe Blackpool Tower is a must-visit landmark, offering a bird’s eye view of the city. The tower boasts of various attractions such as the Tower Ballroom and Circus. You can even try a glass walkway experience at the top of the tower. The tower is open year-round with varying hours.
2. Relax at the beachesBlackpool has miles of sandy beaches that are perfect for sunbathing, swimming and strolling around. The most popular beaches are the Central Beach, Blackpool South and Blackpool North. If you want a more peaceful beach experience, choose the North Shore beach.
3. Enjoy the thrill at Pleasure BeachPleasure Beach is an amusement park with a wide variety of rides and shows for people of all ages. It is open from March until November each year and gets quite crowded during peak season. There are various thrill rides, water attractions, and shows to enjoy at Pleasure Beach. You can even try the famous Big One, which is the tallest roller coaster in the UK.
4. Take a walk at the Blackpool IlluminationsThe Blackpool Illuminations is an annual light festival that is held from September until November. The festival lights up the city with various displays of light art, and it is free to attend. You can take a leisurely walk through the illuminated streets and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
5. Visit the Blackpool Model Village and GardensThe Blackpool Model Village and Gardens is an attraction with miniature versions of famous landmarks from around the world. The gardens are beautifully landscaped and provide a peaceful environment to walk through. The attraction is open year-round, and there are various activities available for children.
6. Explore the Blackpool ZooThe Blackpool Zoo is a great place to take your family for a day out. The zoo has over 1000 animals, including tigers, lions, and gorillas. There are also various interactive activities such as the sea lion show and the bird of prey experience. The zoo is open year-round and has varying hours.
7. Learn at the Blackpool Grand TheatreThe Blackpool Grand Theatre is a historic building that has been around for over 120 years, and it is a great place to learn about Blackpool’s culture. The theatre hosts various shows such as musicals, plays, and ballets throughout the year. You can even take a backstage tour and learn about the theatre’s rich history.
8. Wander around the Winter GardensThe Winter Gardens is a large entertainment complex that hosts various events, such as concerts, exhibitions, and shows throughout the year. You can wander around the beautiful architecture of the building and enjoy the various works of art on display. The Winter Gardens is free to enter and always has something interesting happening.
Book Your Tour NowBlackpool is a city that has something to offer for every kind of tourist. From historic landmarks to beautiful beaches to thrilling amusement parks, there are various activities available to make your trip to Blackpool a memorable one. Plan your trip accordingly and enjoy everything that this beautiful city has to offer.
Table of Contents