Located in the heart of Central Vietnam, Hue is a historic city that was once the imperial capital of the Nguyen Dynasty. Today, it is a popular destination that attracts tourists from all over the world due to its rich culture and fascinating history. From ancient tombs and palaces to picturesque scenery and delicious food, Hue has something to offer for everyone. In this post, we will take a closer look at the best attractions and things to do in Hue, so you can make the most out of your visit to this charming city.
The 13 Best Fun Stuff To Do In Hue
- Da Nang Airport to Hue or Hue to Da Nang Airport
- Full Day Private Hoian City Tour from Hue City
- Hue Full Day Tour With 5 Must See Places in Hue
- Hai Van Pass Jeep Tour Top Gear Explore by Jeep
- Marble Mountain Tour from Hue to Hoian 1 Way Plus Hoian Ancient Town Visit
- Hue to Hoi an by Motorbike
- Hai Van Pass Motorcycle Private Tour Hue to Hoian
- Hue Car Rental Sightseeing City Tour by Private Car Transfer in Hue
- Hoi an to Hue or Hue to Hoi an by Private Car Sightseeing Via Hai Van Pass Golden Bridge Ba Na Hill
- Amazing Topgear Hai Van Pass Tours With Amazing Easy Riders from Hue to Hoi an
- Hue to Hoi an Top Gear With Lefamily Riders Tours
- Hue to Hoi an by Jeep Via Hai Van Pass
- Hoi an Ancient Town Trip from Hue City Via Hai Van Pass
The 13 Best Fun Stuff To Do In Hue
1. Da Nang Airport to Hue or Hue to Da Nang Airport
Looking for a hassle-free transfer from Da Nang Airport to Hue or vice versa? Look no further than this private car transfer with an English-speaking driver. Enjoy a comfortable ride in a vehicle that can accommodate up to three adults and their luggage. Plus, sip on complimentary mineral water while en route.
This tour includes pick up and drop off at your hotel in the center of Hue. You also have the option to select a meeting point if you prefer. Please note that this activity ends in a different location – see the details below for more information.
If you need any assistance or have questions during the transfer, an English-speaking tour guide is available for an additional fee. Please note that meals and personal fees are not included.
Confirmation of your booking will be received at the time of booking. This transportation is wheelchair accessible and most travelers can participate. The cancellation policy offers a full refund if you cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience’s start time. However, any changes made less than 24 hours before the start time will not be accepted. Please see the full cancellation policy for more details.
Make your trip to Hue stress-free with this seamless airport transfer service.
2. Full Day Private Hoian City Tour from Hue City
Explore the ancient city of Hoi An on a private full-day tour from Hue City. Take in stunning coastal views as you drive along Lang Co Beach and Hai Van Pass, before arriving in Hoi An. With your professional guide, visit iconic landmarks such as the Japanese Covered Bridge and the Hoi An Market. Enjoy a delicious lunch in a local restaurant before returning to Hue City.
This tour includes all activities and entrance fees, as well as pickup from your centrally located Hue City hotel or 33 Vo Thi Sau Street. Confirmation will be received at the time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel, in which case confirmation will be received within 48 hours subject to availability. The tour is not wheelchair accessible but is accessible by public transportation. It is a private tour, meaning only your group will participate.
Cancellation is possible up to 24 hours in advance. Don’t miss out on the chance to discover the beauty of Hoi An on this full-day private tour from Hue City.
3. Hue Full Day Tour With 5 Must See Places in Hue
Explore the historic capital of Vietnam with this full-day guided excursion that will take you to the top attractions of Hue. Learn about the heritage and culture of the city from an informative local guide, and visit landmark sites such as the tombs of Khai Dinh and Tu Duc, Thien Mu Pagoda, and the Imperial Citadel. As part of the tour, you will also enjoy a delicious authentic lunch. The tour includes fuel, tolls, parking fees, and bottled water, as well as pick up and drop off at your hotel in Hue by a private car with a private driver. An English speaking guide will accompany you throughout the tour. Don’t worry about person expenses or other drinks as they are not included. Choose a pickup point and let us know where to pick you up – it can be your hotel or any other location in Hue that you prefer. Experience Hue’s history and culture in just one day!
4. Hai Van Pass Jeep Tour Top Gear Explore by Jeep
Experience a thrilling adventure as you explore the Hai Van Pass on a Jeep Tour. This tour includes a friendly English-speaking local driver who will pick you up from your hotel in Hue, Hoi An or Da Nang. The trip also includes a stop for a water break and luggage transfer to the end of the trip.
During the tour, you’ll get to witness breathtaking natural landscapes and stop at several attractions including Tam Giang Lagoon and Elephant Springs. The tour is wheelchair accessible, and service animals are allowed. It is not recommended for pregnant travelers or those with heart problems or serious medical conditions.
Please keep in mind that lunch, personal expenses and personal travel insurance are not included. Additionally, this tour has a non-refundable policy and cannot be changed for any reason.
If you are interested in this tour, specify the name of your hotel for pick-up in the “SPECIAL REQUIREMENT” section when booking. This tour is an exciting way to explore the Hai Van Pass and witness some of the most stunning natural attractions in the area.
5. Marble Mountain Tour from Hue to Hoian 1 Way Plus Hoian Ancient Town Visit
Explore the stunning Marble Mountains near Hue and visit the charming ancient town of Hoi An on this one-way tour. The journey starts with a pickup from your hotel in the city center of Hue at 3:30 pm. On the way, you will pass by the scenic Nha Trang area. Dinner and alcoholic beverages are included in the tour package. Before arriving at Hoi An, make a stop at the Marble Mountains and admire the breathtaking views. Please note that the tour is not wheelchair accessible and not recommended for pregnant travelers or those with heart problems or serious medical conditions. Infant seats are available upon request. Confirmation will be received at the time of booking. You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund, but if canceled less than 24 hours before the start time, no refund will be given. Please also note that changes made less than 24 hours before the tour’s start time will not be accepted. The experience requires good weather, and if the tour gets canceled due to bad weather, a full refund will be provided.
6. Hue to Hoi an by Motorbike
This motorbike tour offers a great way to travel from Hue to Hoi An, with stops at various points of interest along the way. You’ll ride over Hai Van pass on a motorcycle with a personal driver, taking in the breathtaking scenery as you go. You’ll also have time for swimming at Elephant Springs, a photo stop at Lang Co Beach, and a glimpse of the Marble Mountains. A delicious seafood lunch is included, and hotel pickup and drop-off are provided. This approximate 8-hour tour includes a one-way private transfer by private motorbike with driver. Gratuities are also included in the tour price. You can head directly to the meeting point or request pickup. The meeting point is at 33 Võ Thị Sáu in Phú Hội, Hue, and pickup points are also available. Don’t miss this unique and unforgettable way to travel between these two charming Vietnamese cities.
7. Hai Van Pass Motorcycle Private Tour Hue to Hoian
Explore the breathtaking beauty of the Hai Van Pass on a full-day private motorcycle tour with an experienced driver. Take in stunning mountain views and visit beautiful places along the way such as Tam Giang Lagoon, Suoi Mo Waterfall, Lang Co Beach, and the Marble Mountains. Enjoy the freedom of having your own driver-guide and experience a different side of Vietnam. This tour includes all fees and taxes as well as lunch, and offers convenient pickup options. Confirmation will be received at time of booking. Don’t miss out on this unforgettable journey from Hue to Hoi An or vice versa.
8. Hue Car Rental Sightseeing City Tour by Private Car Transfer in Hue
Experience the beauty and culture of Hue with a private car rental sightseeing city tour. Enjoy the comfort of a air-conditioned car or mini van with an experienced English-speaking driver who will take you to all the best sights in the city. Entrance tickets to all sightseeing places are included, as well as fuel and parking fees during your transfer. Tipping and gratuities for your driver are also included. If you would like, a tour guide is available at an additional charge.
Pickup and drop-off is available at your hotel in the city center of Hue or Hoi An. Simply provide your hotel’s address and departure time for the pickup and drop-off service.
This private tour is perfect for those who want a personalized experience of Hue. Confirmation will be received at the time of booking and all travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level. Note that this tour is not wheelchair accessible.
Experience the best of Hue with a private car rental sightseeing city tour. Book now and take home unforgettable memories of your trip to Vietnam.
9. Hoi an to Hue or Hue to Hoi an by Private Car Sightseeing Via Hai Van Pass Golden Bridge Ba Na Hill
Experience the best of historic Vietnam on this half-day tour that takes you from Hoi An to Hue, or vice versa, in a private car. You’ll catch stunning views from the Hai Van Pass, visit the Marble Mountains, and explore the UNESCO-designated old town of Hoi An. See the top attractions of Hue, the imperial city and one-time capital of Vietnam. With hotel pickup and drop-off included, this tour is the perfect way to make the most of your limited time. Refresh with mineral water provided throughout the journey. An English-speaking driver and tour guide will be with you to provide valuable insights and answer your questions. Personal fees and meals are not included. If desired, pickup can also be arranged at Hue Airport, Bus or Train station.
10. Amazing Topgear Hai Van Pass Tours With Amazing Easy Riders from Hue to Hoi an
Our recommended private tour lets someone else navigate the difficult Hai Van Pass road, so that you can concentrate on the breathtaking scenery. You will have a private guide who will take you to the lesser-known attractions surrounding Da Nang and Hue. You will discover secluded attractions that you may otherwise have missed. The tour includes bottled water and lunch. You can head directly to the meeting point, Hue Amazing Homestay & Nails or request pickup. The tour ends at 85 Tran Hung Dao street in Hoi An.
11. Hue to Hoi an Top Gear With Lefamily Riders Tours
Experience the thrill of riding over the Hai Van Pass on this full-day private motorcycle tour from Hue to Hoi An. Your experienced driver will navigate the stunning mountain road while you take in the lush valleys and jungle scenery. Along the way, you’ll stop at Suoi Voi (Elephant Springs), Lang Co Beach, the Marble Mountains, and the beautiful Lap An Lagoon. Your driver-guide will share stories of the region as you travel. Lunch, refreshments, bottled water, and hotel transfers are included. Don’t miss the chance to see some of the most incredible landscapes Vietnam has to offer on this unforgettable tour.
12. Hue to Hoi an by Jeep Via Hai Van Pass
Explore the stunning scenery of Vietnam’s coastline on a jeep tour from Hue to Hoi An via the Hai Van Pass. Your adventure will begin with pick-up from your hotel at 9:00 AM. Your knowledgeable English-speaking driver will take you along the scenic route, making stops at some of the most notable sights along the way. Your first stop will be at the Thanh Toan Bridge where you will have 30 minutes to walk around and admire the traditional architecture. Next, you’ll head to Elephant Springs, where you’ll have two hours to enjoy the natural pools and relax amid lush greenery.
After Elephant Springs, you’ll have the opportunity to stop at other scenic viewpoints and local landmarks along the road. Later on, you’ll reach Hai Van Pass, one of the most iconic and scenic roads in Vietnam, where you will be transferred to an authentic US Army jeep to begin your ride. Enjoy the views from the open-air vehicle as your driver takes you along the winding roads.
Once you reach the end of the Hai Van Pass, you’ll be transferred back to your private car with your driver for your onward journey to Hoi An. Travel at your leisure and experience the local scenery on your comfortable ride. Your tour concludes with drop-off back at your hotel.
Please note that gratuities, travel insurance, and any other services not mentioned in the inclusions are not included in the tour package. Also, take note that cancellation is free up to 24 hours in advance of the tour, but there are restrictions regarding cancellation within 24 hours of the tour start time. We advise you to check the details of the cancellation policy prior to booking.
13. Hoi an Ancient Town Trip from Hue City Via Hai Van Pass
If you happen to be in Hue City and want to witness the beauty of Hoi An Ancient Town, we’ve got a perfect tour for you! With this tour, you’ll get the chance to travel to the renowned Hoi An Ancient Town with a comfortable and modern car. The tour starts at 08:00 AM and takes you to the alluring Marble Mountains, where you can take as long as you want before continuing your journey towards Hai Van Pass, and further into Hoi An.
Throughout the trip, you’ll have a professional driver who will take care of everything from petrol to road tolls and parking fees. You’ll also be provided with a guide who will give you insights into the places you’ll visit. The tour also includes the entrance fees for Hoi An Ancient Town and Marble Mountain. Additionally, the tour is a private activity, so only your group will participate.
You have several options for meeting and pickup. You can either head directly to the meeting point, which is located at Hue, Huế Thua Thien Hue Vietnam, or request pickup from any designated point. The tour ends back at the meeting point.
Before booking, please note that the tour is not wheelchair accessible and may not be suitable for all travelers. However, most people can participate in this tour. The cancellation policy allows you to cancel up to 24 hours before the start time of the tour for a full refund. So, don’t hesitate to book this tour and explore the beauty of Hoi An Ancient Town via Hai Van Pass.
The Most Frequently Asked Questions about HuePlanning a trip to Hue, Vietnam? As a popular tourist destination, there are some questions that visitors ask more frequently than others. We’ve compiled a list of the most commonly asked questions and answered them for you below.
1. Where is Hue located?Hue is a city located in central Vietnam, along the banks of the Perfume River. It is the capital of Thua Thien Hue province and the former imperial capital of the Nguyen Dynasty. The city is approximately halfway between Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, making it an ideal stopover for those traveling between the two cities.
2. What is the best time to visit Hue?The best time to visit Hue is between March and August, when the weather is warm and dry. The rainy season is from September to February, with the heaviest rainfall occurring in October and November. However, the city can still be visited during this time, as the rain usually comes in short bursts and the city takes on a beautiful and serene appearance in the rain.
3. How do I get to Hue?Hue has its own international airport, Phu Bai International Airport, with flights to and from major cities including Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, and Da Nang. The airport is approximately 15 kilometers from the city center, which can be reached by taxi or private car. Alternatively, there are several long-distance buses and trains that travel to Hue from other parts of Vietnam.
4. What are the top attractions in Hue?Hue is known for its beautiful and historic sites, many of which are related to the Nguyen Dynasty. Some of the top attractions include:
- The Citadel
- Thien Mu Pagoda
- Tombs of the Emperors
- Perfume River
- Thuy Tien Lake
- Imperial City
5. What is the Citadel?The Citadel in Hue is a large fortress and palace built by the Nguyen Dynasty in the early 19th century. It served as the seat of government and the residence of the emperor during this time. The Citadel is surrounded by a moat and walls that measure almost 10 kilometers in length. Visitors can explore the many buildings and gardens within the Citadel, including the Forbidden City and the Halls of the Mandarins.
6. What are the Tombs of the Emperors?The Tombs of the Emperors are a series of mausoleums built for the Nguyen Dynasty emperors in the surrounding countryside of Hue. Each tomb is unique and reflects the personality and tastes of the emperor it was built for. Some of the most popular tombs to visit include the Tomb of Khai Dinh, the Tomb of Minh Mang, and the Tomb of Tu Duc.
7. How do I get around in Hue?The easiest and most convenient way to get around Hue is by taxi or motorbike. Taxis are readily available throughout the city and are relatively cheap. Motorbikes can be rented from numerous shops throughout the city and offer more flexibility in terms of where you can go. If you prefer a more traditional mode of transportation, cyclos (three-wheeled bicycle taxis) are also available.
8. What are some local dishes I should try in Hue?Hue is known for its delicious and unique cuisine, which is heavily influenced by the food served in the imperial courts of the Nguyen Dynasty. Some popular dishes to try include:
- Bun bo Hue (spicy beef noodle soup)
- Com hen (rice with mussels)
- Banh khoai (fried “pancakes” filled with shrimp, pork, and bean sprouts)
- Banh beo (steamed rice cakes with shrimp and pork)
- Banh cuon (steamed rice rolls filled with pork and mushrooms)