If you’re planning a trip to Southern California, be sure to add Santa Monica to your list of destinations. Located on the Pacific Coast and just a short drive from Los Angeles, Santa Monica offers a perfect blend of beachy vibes and city sophistication. Known for its iconic pier, stunning beaches, and lively atmosphere, Santa Monica is a must-visit spot for anyone looking to experience the best of what California has to offer. In this post, we’ll guide you through the top attractions and activities in Santa Monica, so you can make the most of your time in this vibrant coastal city.
The 3 Best Fun Stuff To Do In Santa Monica
- La Tour Golden 6 Hollywood
- Santa Monica Private Tour by Electric Bike
- Santa Monica and Venice Beach Segway Tour
The 3 Best Fun Stuff To Do In Santa Monica
1. La Tour Golden 6 Hollywood
Experience the best of Los Angeles in just half a day with the La Tour Golden 6 Hollywood. Enjoy the convenience of hassle-free pick-up from your preferred address and ride in style in an air-conditioned, Wi-Fi-equipped private vehicle with a Smart TV/Apple TV on board. This private tour offers a luxurious customizable experience, allowing you to see many of Los Angeles’ top attractions such as Downtown LA, Hollywood Sign, Griffith Observatory, and Rodeo Drive. Your itinerary can also be customized to suit your interests and preferences. Bottled water is included, so you can stay hydrated during your adventure. Confirm the time with the local provider in advance of your experience as the tour service is available every day from 07:00 AM to 02:00 PM. Book the La Tour Golden 6 Hollywood and make the most of your time in Los Angeles.
2. Santa Monica Private Tour by Electric Bike
Explore all Santa Monica has to offer with a private electric bike tour. Cruise through the palm-lined streets and along the boardwalk at Santa Monica Pier. You’ll dip your toes in the Pacific Ocean and take in the laid-back culture of this iconic beach town. This tour also takes you to vibrant Venice to see the skate park, street art, and the bustling crowd on the oceanfront walk. You’ll also visit the “gem of the tour,” the Venice canals, and stop at Muscle Beach before zipping back to the shop. Your friendly, professional guide will teach you about the city’s vibrant food culture and history. The tour includes the use of an electric bike and helmet, bottled water, and gratuities are appreciated.
3. Santa Monica and Venice Beach Segway Tour
Explore the beautiful outdoor environment of Santa Monica and Venice Beach during this Segway tour in Los Angeles. Cover lots of ground (much more than you could see on a walking tour) as you zip along to the many attractions of these two coastal areas including Santa Monica Pier, the Venice Boardwalk, and Muscle Beach. Along the way, hear insightful commentary from your guide about the area’s history and culture. Your Segway excursion also includes a brief orientation, safety equipment, and snacks and beverages. Choose between morning or afternoon departures for your convenience. Join this tour to admire top area sights including the Santa Monica Pier, Venice Beach, and Muscle Beach, and learn about the history and culture of these vibrant areas from your guide.
Everything You Need to Know About Visiting Santa MonicaAre you planning a trip to Santa Monica? This beautiful coastal city in California offers plenty to see and do, from gorgeous beaches to world-class shopping and dining. As you prepare for your visit, you may have some questions about the city and what to expect. To help you out, we’ve put together a guide to the most frequently asked questions about Santa Monica.
1. What is the Best Time to Visit Santa Monica?Santa Monica has a mild climate and can be visited year-round, but the best time to visit is between September and November. During these months, the weather is sunny and mild, and the summer crowds have gone home, meaning you’ll have an easier time finding accommodations and avoiding long lines.
2. What Are the Best Beaches in Santa Monica?Santa Monica is famous for its beaches, and there are several to choose from. The most popular beach is Santa Monica State Beach, which boasts miles of soft sand, a playground, a gym, and plenty of restaurants and shops. Other great beaches in the area include Venice Beach, El Matador Beach, and Point Dume State Beach.
3. What Are the Must-See Attractions in Santa Monica?There is no shortage of things to see and do in Santa Monica. Some of the most popular attractions include the Santa Monica Pier, the Third Street Promenade, the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area, and the Annenberg Community Beach House. Other highlights include the Bergamot Station arts center, the Getty Villa, and the Santa Monica Museum of Art.
4. What are the Best Dining Options in Santa Monica?Santa Monica has no shortage of excellent dining options, from casual beachside cafes to upscale restaurants. Some of the best restaurants in the area include Rustic Canyon Wine Bar and Seasonal Kitchen, Tar & Roses, and the Belcampo Meat Co. For seafood lovers, there’s the Santa Monica Seafood Market & Cafe, or if you want to try something different, visit the vegan restaurant Kye’s.
5. What’s the Best Way to Get Around Santa Monica?Santa Monica is a walking-friendly city, and many of the top attractions are within walking distance of each other. But if you prefer not to walk, the city has a great public transportation system. The Big Blue Bus is an affordable and convenient option, with plenty of stops throughout the city. If you want to explore the area more, consider renting a bike at one of the many rental places near the beach.
6. What Are Some Great Day Trips from Santa Monica?If you have extra time during your visit to Santa Monica, there are many great day trip options nearby. You can visit Malibu, Beverly Hills, Hollywood, and more. For outdoor enthusiasts, the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area is a beautiful spot for hiking, camping, and picnicking.
7. What Should I Pack for a Trip to Santa Monica?When visiting Santa Monica, it’s essential to pack for the sunny weather. Bring plenty of light and comfortable clothing, sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat. On cooler evenings, you may want to bring a light jacket or sweater.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in Santa Monica
As a tourist, Santa Monica can be a dream destination. Its beautiful beaches, world-renowned restaurants, and vibrant nightlife make it the perfect place to relax and unwind. In this guide, we’ll take you through some of the best things to do in Santa Monica.
1. Relax on the Beach
Santa Monica is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. The most popular of these is Santa Monica State Beach. With 3.5 miles of pristine sand, it’s the perfect place to relax, swim, and surf.
If you’re looking for something a little quieter, head to Will Rogers State Beach. This lesser-known beach offers a more secluded atmosphere and is perfect for picnicking or taking a leisurely stroll.
2. Visit the Santa Monica Pier
No trip to Santa Monica is complete without a visit to the famous Santa Monica Pier. Built in 1909, the pier is home to the Pacific Park amusement park, which offers a range of rides and attractions for all ages.
The pier also features a range of restaurants, souvenir shops, and an Aquarium. Take a stroll along the pier and admire the stunning views of the Pacific Ocean.
3. Shop on the Third Street Promenade
The Third Street Promenade is a pedestrian-only shopping district located in the heart of Santa Monica. It’s home to a range of stores, restaurants, and street performers, making it a lively and vibrant destination for tourists.
Be sure to stop by the Santa Monica Place shopping center, which features high-end retailers such as Bloomingdale’s and Louis Vuitton.
4. Explore the Santa Monica Mountains
If you’re looking for a break from the beach, head to the nearby Santa Monica Mountains. This mountain range is home to a range of hiking trails, including the popular Backbone Trail.
The mountains also offer stunning views of the surrounding area, making them a great destination for nature lovers.
5. Take a Bike Ride
Santa Monica is home to a range of bike rental options, making it easy to explore the area on two wheels. The beach bike path is a popular destination for cycling, offering beautiful views of the ocean and plenty of opportunities to stop and take a break.
If you’re feeling more adventurous, take a bike ride up the Pacific Coast Highway for stunning views of the coastline.
6. Dine at a Local Restaurant
Santa Monica is well-known for its world-class dining options. With a range of high-end restaurants and trendy cafes, there’s something for everyone.
Some popular options include Rustic Canyon, a farm-to-table restaurant that offers a range of seasonal dishes, and Cassia, which serves up a blend of Vietnamese and French cuisine.
7. Visit the Getty Villa
The Getty Villa is a museum located in the nearby Pacific Palisades. It’s home to an extensive collection of ancient art and artifacts, with a focus on Greek, Roman, and Etruscan cultures.
The villa itself is an impressive sight, with beautiful gardens and stunning views of the Pacific Ocean.
Book Your Tour Now
Santa Monica is a beautiful destination that offers something for everyone. Whether you’re looking to relax on the beach or explore the nearby mountains, there’s no shortage of things to see and do in this vibrant California city.
Be sure to take advantage of the city’s world-class dining options and don’t forget to pay a visit to the famous Santa Monica Pier.
Table of Contents