Welcome to Colorado Springs, a breathtaking city that rests on the edge of the southern Rocky Mountains in Colorado, USA. This city is known for its awe-inspiring natural beauty, thriving arts scene, and rich history. If you are planning a trip to this charming town, you’re in for a treat. Colorado Springs offers a plethora of attractions and things to do that will take your breath away. Whether you’re an adventurous traveler or simply looking to soak in the stunning mountain views, there’s something here for everyone. In this post, we’ll be exploring the best attractions and things to do in Colorado Springs, so you can make the most out of your time here. Let’s dive in!
The 3 Best Fun Things To Do In Colorado Springs
- Jeep Tour Into the High Country
- Cheyenne Canon South Cheyenne Canon Park Segway Tour
- Foothills Garden of the Gods Jeep Tour
The 3 Best Fun Things To Do In Colorado Springs
1. Jeep Tour Into the High Country
Enjoy the rugged beauty of the Colorado Rockies with this guided 4×4 tour into the high country of Pike National Forest. You will travel on dirt roads high in the mountains, almost reaching 11200 feet above sea level. Admire breathtaking views of alpine meadows, wildflowers, beaver ponds, and streams, and keep a look out for eagles, deer, cougars, and bears.
Take a break from the hustle and bustle of the city and enjoy the clean mountain air while discovering the unique flora and fauna of Colorado Springs. Dress in layers and wear closed-toe shoes, and don’t forget your camera to capture the splendor of the Rocky Mountains.
Your tour includes bottled water, sodas, light snacks, and wool blankets to keep you comfortable on your journey. Plus, your cowboy Jeep guides are some of the best in The West! This tour runs on weekdays only to give you the best possible experience.
Book now to experience the best of Pike National Forest on this thrilling Jeep tour into the high country.
2. Cheyenne Canon South Cheyenne Canon Park Segway Tour
Cruise effortlessly through the beautiful South Cheyenne Canon Park and Broadmoor area on this Segway tour. See the natural beauty of Colorado and discover Starr Kempf’s kinetic art nature and history. Your guide will provide fascinating insight into the rich history of Colorado Springs as you enjoy the fresh mountain air. Glide along a nature trail, following the winding path of South Cheyenne Cañon Creek, and visit the Starsmore Visitor and Nature Center to learn more about the local environment. This tour includes a Segway, helmet, bottled water, and hotel pickup and drop-off for your convenience. Please note that this tour is not suitable for pregnant women, people with back or heart problems, or wheelchair users. Get ready to feel on cloud 9 as you experience the breathtaking beauty of Cheyenne Canon Park on this unforgettable Segway tour.
3. Foothills Garden of the Gods Jeep Tour
Take a journey through the breathtaking Colorado Springs landscapes with the Foothills Garden of the Gods Jeep Tour. Enjoy the ride and be stunned by the stunning red rock formations in the Garden of the Gods. Following the North Cheyenne Canyon up to the Helen Hunt Falls, taking Short line Railroad grade down toward Old Colorado City, and ascending high above Colorado Springs for unrivaled views of the iconic sites. With a live guide, bottled water, and hotel pickup and drop-off, this Jeep tour will take you on an unforgettable adventure.
Frequently Asked Questions About Colorado SpringsColorado Springs is a beautiful city located in the Colorado state of the United States. It is a popular tourist destination that offers various attractions and activities for visitors. As a result, people have a lot of questions about Colorado Springs. In this post, we will answer some of the most frequently asked questions that tourists have about Colorado Springs.
1. What is the best time to visit Colorado Springs?The best time to visit Colorado Springs depends on your preferences. If you enjoy outdoor activities like hiking and skiing, then the best time to visit is during the summer months (June-August) and winter months (December-February) respectively. If you prefer mild and pleasant weather, then you should plan your visit during the spring (March-May) and fall (September-November) months.
2. What are the must-visit attractions in Colorado Springs?There are many must-visit attractions in Colorado Springs. Some of the most popular ones include:
- Garden of the Gods: This park features stunning red rock formations that are over 300 million years old.
- Pikes Peak: This is a 14,110-foot mountain that can be ascended by car or hiking.
- Cheyenne Mountain Zoo: This zoo is home to over 750 animals from around the world, and it is situated on the side of a mountain.
- US Olympic & Paralympic Museum: This museum showcases the history and achievements of the US Olympic and Paralympic teams.
- Seven Falls: This waterfall is a series of seven cascading falls that drop a total of 181 feet.
3. What are the best outdoor activities to do in Colorado Springs?Colorado Springs is a haven for outdoor enthusiasts. Some of the best outdoor activities to do in Colorado Springs include:
- Hiking: There are plenty of hiking trails available in and around Colorado Springs, including the popular Manitou Incline.
- Biking: Colorado Springs has a lot of bike-friendly trails and roads, such as Pikes Peak Greenway Trail.
- Skiing: There are various ski resorts located near Colorado Springs, including Breckenridge and Keystone.
- Rock Climbing: Garden of the Gods and Red Rock Canyon Open Space offer great rock climbing opportunities.
- Rafting: Rafting on the Arkansas River is an exciting way to experience the beautiful Colorado scenery.
4. What is the best way to get around Colorado Springs?The best way to get around Colorado Springs is by car. There are several car rental companies available at the Colorado Springs Airport. Additionally, Colorado Springs has an extensive bike trail system, and many rental companies lend out bikes. Ride-sharing services like Uber and Lyft are also available in the city.
5. What is the altitude of Colorado Springs?The altitude of Colorado Springs is 6,035 feet or 1,839 meters above sea level. Due to the high altitude, visitors should take precautions to avoid altitude sickness, such as staying hydrated, avoiding alcohol, eating light meals, and taking it easy for the first few days.
6. What are some of the best restaurants in Colorado Springs?Colorado Springs offers a wide variety of dining options that cater to all tastes and budgets. Some of the best restaurants in Colorado Springs include:
- The Rabbit Hole: This is a chic gastropub that serves up an eclectic menu of American and international cuisine.
- 4 By Brother Luck: This restaurant offers a unique twist on classic American cuisine, using fresh ingredients and creative flavors.
- The Margarita at Pine Creek: This is a fine dining restaurant that offers a seasonal menu of creative dishes using locally-sourced ingredients.
- Phantom Canyon Brewing Co.: This is a brewpub that offers a menu of classic pub fare and an extensive list of craft beers.
- Pepper Tree Restaurant: This is a classic steakhouse that offers some of the best steaks in town.