Historic Pubs Tour with Drinks in Prague
Prague is one of the most beautiful cities in the world and its historical pubs are some of the best experiences that anyone could have. From old Bohemian pubs to modern bars, Prague offers a variety of drinking establishments and each one has its own charm and character. Prague’s pub culture is unlike any other city in Europe and whether you are a local or a tourist, it is worth exploring and experiencing. From classic Czech pilsners to unique artisan beer, there is something to please every palate. In this guide, we’ll explore how to navigate the lively Prague pub culture, what to expect when visiting a pub, and how to find the best pubs in the city.
Exploring Czech Pilner and Other Beer
Czech pilsner is the traditional style of beer brewed in Prague and it’s a light, golden-hued lager. Many of the traditional pubs in Prague specialize in serving pilsner, but some will also have other beers on tap as well. If you’re looking for a more traditional experience, choose a pub that specializes in Czech beers. These are usually smaller places with wooden tables and metal chairs and wooden benches strewn with rustic decorations.
If you’re looking for something a bit more modern, there are plenty of craft breweries in Prague. These craft breweries offer a variety of beer styles, from IPAs and stouts to wheat ales and pale ales. Most of the craft breweries have cozy tasting rooms and inviting patios where you can sample different beers and learn about the brewing process.
No matter what kind of beer you prefer, there are plenty of places in Prague where you can find it. Keep in mind that most pubs only serve Czech beer and some may not even offer foreign brands.
Navigating the Pub Scene in Prague
The pub scene in Prague is bustling and exciting, but it can be a bit overwhelming if you don’t know what to expect. The most important thing to know is that many pubs only serve beer. If you want something other than beer (like wine or spirits) you’ll need to go to a wine bar or café. Some pubs also serve food, but usually it’s limited to snacks such as olives, nuts, and pretzels.
Another thing to keep in mind is that many Prague pubs don’t accept plastic payment methods like credit cards or debit cards. Cash is usually the only acceptable option so make sure to bring enough for your drinks and snacks.
One of the best ways to experience the pub culture in Prague is by joining a pub crawl. A pub crawl is an organized event where you explore different pubs and sample different beers. It’s a great introduction to the pub scene in Prague and it’s also a great way to meet other locals and tourists. You can find more information about pub crawls here: Prague Historic Pubs Walking Tour with Stories & Drinks.
Where to Find the Best Pubs in Prague
Prague is filled with pubs and it’s not always easy to know which ones are worth visiting. Here are some tips on where to find the best pubs in Prague:
- Explore Old Town Square – The cobblestone streets of Old Town Square are home to many hidden gems. Wander around and explore the area to find some great old-town pubs.
- Head to bars near tourist attractions – Many tourist attractions have nearby bars that attract visitors looking for a drink after sightseeing. It’s worth exploring these places as they often offer unique experiences.
- Visit microbreweries – The craft beer scene in Prague is booming and there are plenty of microbreweries to choose from. Some microbreweries even offer tours, so it might be worth looking into.
- Go for traditional Czech pubs – These pubs often feature traditional Czech beers and snacks, plus plenty of old Bohemian charm.
Things To Keep In Mind
- Dress appropriately – Some pubs, especially traditional ones, have dress codes so make sure to dress appropriately.
- Be respectful – Czech people are friendly and welcoming but they also expect their visitors to be respectful. Make sure to follow all local customs when visiting pubs.
- Have fun – Above all else, remember to relax and enjoy yourself!
Whether you are looking for an old traditional pub or a modern craft brewery, Prague has something for everyone. Enjoy exploring the city’s unique and vibrant pub culture while sampling delicious Czech beer! For more detailed information on how to find the best pubs in Prague, check out Prague Historic Pubs Walking Tour with Stories & Drinks.
Share This Article with Your Friends
If you found this article helpful, your friends might appreciate it too. Click on any of the social share buttons below to share it with them and spread the knowledge.