How to Enjoy a Full Day Boat Trip from Positano to CapriPositano, one of Italy’s most picturesque and famous coastal towns, is a must-visit destination for those who love the sapphire blue sea and warm sun. A full day boat trip from Positano to Capri is a perfect way to soak up the beauty of the Amalfi Coast and see what the island of Capri has to offer. In this guide, you will discover how to plan and enjoy a full-day tour to Capri from Positano.
Highlights– Swim and snorkel on the island of Capri – Enjoy a full-day trip to Capri with an expert guide – Tour the island by boat and on foot
ExperienceThe full-day tour to Capri from Positano is an excellent opportunity for those who love the sea, breathtaking landscapes, and exploring new places. You will discover Capri, one of the most stunning islands in the world, where history and nature meet in perfect harmony. With this tour, you will experience one of the most scenic boat rides you’ll ever take with an expert guide who will take you to discover the best that the island has to offer.
Full DescriptionThe tour starts at Parking Mandara in Positano, where your guide will meet you and lead you to the port of Piano di Sorrento. Board a comfortable and elegant boat that will take you along the Sorrento coast to Capri. Along the way, you’ll pass Marina Grande, an ancient fishing village, and admire the ruins of a Roman villa near Bagni della Regina Giovanna. When you arrive at Capri, you will first tour the island by boat, making stops at the Marvelous Grotto, the White Grotto, and the Green Grotto. Admire the Natural Arch, the Villa Curzio Malaparte, the Faraglioni rocks, and the Lighthouse of Punta Carena along the way. After the boat tour, you will have free time on the island to explore on your own. Take a walk through the narrow streets and alleys, do some shopping or enjoy a delicious Italian meal at one of the island’s fantastic restaurants. You can also go for a swim or snorkel at one of the beaches or coves. Your guide will provide you with detailed information about the best things to see and do on the island, as well as tips about where to find the best spots to relax and enjoy your time. The boat trip back to Positano will provide you with more stunning views of the Amalfi Coast, and the experience will stick with you for a lifetime.
Tour Inclusions– Expert guide – Small-group boat tour – Hotel pickup and drop-off in select locations
What to Bring– Comfortable clothing and shoes – Swimwear and a towel – Sunscreen, hat, and sunglasses – Camera or smartphone for taking photos
How to BookYou can book the full-day boat trip to Capri from Positano online through the following link book here. Book in advance to secure your spot and avoid disappointment.
Book Your Tour NowIf you’re looking for an unforgettable day trip from Positano, a full-day boat trip to Capri is an excellent option. With stunning landscapes, crystal clear waters, and fascinating history, the island of Capri is a must-visit destination. Remember to pack your camera, a swimsuit, and an adventurous spirit, and let the expert guide take care of the rest.
Positano: FAQ GuidePositano, a small coastal town located in Southern Italy, has become a popular destination for visitors all over the world. The charming town on the Amalfi coast is famous for its stunning landscapes, colorful houses, and luxurious lifestyle. If you are planning to visit Positano, you might have a few questions before you go. In this FAQ guide, we will cover the most frequently asked questions about Positano.
1. What is the best time to visit Positano?The best time to visit Positano is from May to September. During these months, the weather is pleasant, and the sea is calm, making it ideal for water activities such as swimming and boat tours. July and August are the busiest months, and the town can get crowded. If you want to avoid the crowds, it’s best to visit in May or September.
2. How can I get to Positano?Positano is located in the province of Salerno, and the nearest airport is Naples International Airport. From the airport, you can take a taxi or a bus to Positano. The bus ride takes approximately two hours, while a taxi ride takes about an hour. It’s also possible to reach Positano by ferry from Naples, Sorrento or Amalfi.
3. Where can I stay in Positano?Positano has a range of accommodation options, from luxurious hotels to budget-friendly guesthouses. If you are after a luxurious experience, then Le Sirenuse is the best hotel in the town. For those on a budget, a guesthouse such as Villa Flavio Gioia or Casa Nilde is a great alternative.
4. What are the best things to do in Positano?Positano is full of activities and attractions that cater to different interests. Some of the best things to do in Positano are:
- Stroll along the beautiful beaches, including Spiaggia Grande and Fornillo Beach.
- Take a boat tour along the coast and explore the grottos and hidden coves.
- Visit the iconic Positano Cathedral.
- Explore the town’s boutiques, shops and art galleries.
- Taste the traditional Limoncello liqueur.
- Join a cooking class to learn how to prepare traditional Italian dishes.
5. What is the food like in Positano?Positano has a rich culinary scene that combines fresh seafood, Mediterranean flavors and local ingredients. Some of the typical dishes you shouldn’t miss are:
- Fresh seafood, especially anchovies and swordfish.
- Pasta dishes such as spaghetti alle vongole (spaghetti with clams) and lasagne.
- Vegetarian dishes such as grilled eggplant and zucchini flower fritters.
- Sweets such as sfogliatelle (a pastry filled with ricotta cheese and candied fruit) and babà (a small cake soaked in liquor).
- Local wines such as Furore Bianco and Ravello Rosso.
6. What is the dress code in Positano?Positano is a fashionable town, and the locals usually dress in stylish and elegant clothes. However, there’s no strict dress code, and you can wear casual clothing if you prefer. It’s essential to dress appropriately if you are planning to visit any religious sites or attend a formal event.
7. Is Positano expensive?Positano is known for its luxurious lifestyle, and some of the hotels, restaurants and shops can be expensive. However, it’s still possible to find budget-friendly alternatives, such as guesthouses and local trattorias. The prices vary depending on the season and the area, but it’s still possible to have a great time in Positano without breaking the bank.
8. What are the customs and etiquette in Positano?Positano is a small town, and the locals value respect, politeness and etiquette. Here are some customs and etiquette rules to keep in mind:
- Greet people with a smile and a friendly “Buongiorno” (good morning) or “Buonasera” (good evening).
- Dress appropriately, especially if you are visiting religious sites.
- Avoid speaking loudly or making noise, especially during siesta time.
- Respect the local culture and traditions, such as food and wine.
- Tipping is not expected, but leaving a small amount is appreciated.
9. What are the safety precautions in Positano?Positano is a safe town, but it’s always good to take some precautions to prevent any problems. Here are some safety tips to keep in mind:
- Avoid walking alone in isolated areas, especially at night.
- Be aware of pickpockets and keep your belongings close to you, especially in crowded areas and public transportation.
- Follow the traffic rules and drive carefully, as the roads along the Amalfi coast can be challenging.
- Be careful when swimming in the sea and follow the lifeguards’ instructions.
10. What are some useful Italian phrases to know in Positano?Knowing some basic Italian phrases can help you to better communicate with the locals and get around the town. Here are some useful Italian phrases to know in Positano:
- “Ciao” – Hello or Goodbye
- “Grazie” – Thank you
- “Per favore” – Please
- “Mi scusi” – Excuse me
- “Dove si trova…?” – Where is…?
- “Quanto costa?” – How much is it?
- “Posso avere…?” – Can I have…?
Book Your Tour NowPositano is a beautiful and charming town that offers a mix of natural beauty, history, and luxury. Planning your trip can be challenging, but with our FAQ guide, you have all the answers to the most frequently asked questions about Positano. Whether you are looking for a relaxing beach holiday, a cultural adventure, or a culinary experience, Positano has something for everyone.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in PositanoPositano is a picturesque cliff-side village located along the Amalfi Coast in southern Italy. It is a popular destination for tourists due to its stunning beaches, colorful buildings, and winding streets. If you’re planning a trip to Positano, here are some ideas for how to make the most of your time there.
1. Relax on the BeachesPositano is known for its beautiful beaches, so be sure to spend some time soaking up the sun and taking in the stunning vistas. Some of the beaches you can visit include:
A. Spiaggia GrandeThis is the largest and most popular beach in Positano. It’s located in the heart of the town and can get crowded during peak season, but it’s definitely worth a visit for its crystal-clear waters and spectacular views.
B. Fornillo BeachFornillo Beach is a quieter alternative to Spiaggia Grande. It’s located just a short walk away from the town center and has a more laid-back vibe.
2. Explore the VillagePositano is known for its colorful buildings, winding streets, and charming shops. Spend some time wandering around the village and taking in the sights. Some places worth checking out include:
A. Church of Santa Maria AssuntaThis church is located in the heart of Positano and is known for its beautiful dome and stunning interior. It’s definitely worth a visit if you’re interested in history and architecture.
B. Path of the GodsIf you’re feeling adventurous, consider hiking the Path of the Gods. This trail offers incredible views of the Amalfi Coast and takes you through some of the region’s most scenic landscapes.
3. Take a Boat TourOne of the best ways to see Positano is from the water. You can take a boat tour to see the village from a different perspective and explore nearby attractions such as:
A. Grotta dello SmeraldoThis is a stunning sea cave located just a short distance from Positano. Its water is a bright glowing green, and it is home to a variety of fascinating marine life.
B. Amalfi CoastlineA boat tour along the Amalfi coastline is an unforgettable experience. You’ll see some of the most beautiful landscapes in Italy and get to explore some of the region’s hidden coves and beaches.
4. Taste the Local CuisinePositano is known for its delicious cuisine, so be sure to sample some of the local dishes while you’re there. Some favorites include:
A. Spaghetti alla NeranoThis is a local specialty that features spaghetti with zucchini and Parmesan cheese. It’s a simple but delicious dish that is sure to please.
B. LimoncelloLimoncello is a sweet liqueur made from lemons that are grown in the Amalfi Coast region. It’s the perfect way to end a meal or relax on the beach.
Book Your Tour NowPositano is a beautiful and charming village that is perfect for tourists who want to experience the beauty and culture of southern Italy. Whether you’re there to relax on the beaches or explore the village and its surroundings, there’s something for everyone in Positano.
Table of Contents