How to Experience the Best of Savannah Riverboat Narrated Harbor Sightseeing CruiseIf you are visiting Savannah, Georgia, you cannot miss out on the Savannah Riverboat Narrated Harbor Sightseeing Cruise. The river that was once the lifeblood of Savannah still remains a part of its history and is a beautiful sight to witness. Here is everything you need to know to make the most out of the Savannah Riverboat Narrated Harbor Sightseeing Cruise.
Experience and HighlightsThe Savannah Riverboat Narrated Harbor Sightseeing Cruise is a 1.5-hour cruise that takes you along the beautiful riverfront of Savannah, where you can enjoy a stunning view of the skyline. Marvel at the sights and sounds of Savannah as you listen to the captain’s tales and historical facts about the modern port and the ships visiting from all over the world. As you make your way down the river, the cruise stops at Old Fort Jackson, where you can witness one of the oldest original artillery pieces in the country. It’s an excellent opportunity to take pictures of the iconic Savannah historical riverfront and skyline. The narration of the cruise is live and features intriguing tales and historical gems about Savannah. The bar and grille items are available for purchase if you’d like to grab a snack or drink.
How to Plan your TourTo book your tour, visit GetYourGuide and look for the Savannah Riverboat Narrated Harbor Sightseeing Cruise tour. The tour does not include lunch, so pack a snack or make arrangements accordingly. Boarding begins 30 minutes prior to the sailing time, so plan to arrive on time.
Hotel Pick-Up and Drop-OffThe tour includes a hotel pick-up and drop-off service, making it convenient for you to reach the dock.
What to ExpectOnce you arrive at the dock, you will board the riverboat and find your seats. The riverboat is spacious enough to ensure that everyone has a comfortable seat and a great view. The crew is friendly, and the captain will start the narration as soon as the boat sets off. The tour is well-organized, and you begin with a description of the history of Savannah, the reasons for colonization, and how the river played a vital role in the commerce and community of the area. You’ll learn about the various trade routes, the cotton, and rice industries of the area. The captain also provides interesting facts about the different ships passing through the port and the harbor. The narration is informative and keeps you engaged throughout the trip. As previously mentioned, the cruise stops at Old Fort Jackson, where you’ll have ample time to take pictures and explore the place. The cruise then continues on its route back to the dock, providing you with plenty of opportunities to click pictures.
What’s IncludedThe Savannah Riverboat Narrated Harbor Sightseeing Cruise is a 1.5-hour-long tour and includes a live commentary. But keep in mind that you’ll need to pay extra for food and drinks, as those are not included in the tour. The tour also includes a hotel pick-up and drop-off service, which is incredibly convenient and makes it easy for you to travel to and from the dock.
Book Your Tour NowIf you are looking for a unique and educational experience, then the Savannah Riverboat Narrated Harbor Sightseeing Cruise is perfect for you. The tour is informative, family-friendly, and is an excellent opportunity to learn about Savannah’s rich history. Book your ticket today and experience the river that remains Savannah’s lifeblood. Book the tour here
Frequently Asked Questions about Savannah, GAIf you’re planning a trip to Savannah, Georgia, you likely have a lot of questions. With its beautiful historic district, Southern charm, and delicious cuisine, Savannah is a popular tourist spot. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about Savannah to help you plan your trip.
1. What is Savannah known for?Savannah is known for its historic architecture, beautiful parks, Southern charm, and delicious cuisine. The city is home to a number of historic squares, each with its own unique charm. The Savannah Riverfront is also a popular spot to explore and take in the views of the Savannah River.
2. How do I get around Savannah?Savannah is a very walkable city, particularly in the historic district. If you prefer not to walk, there are several other options for getting around. The city offers a free shuttle service called the DOT that travels throughout the historic district. There are also pedicabs, trolleys, and carriages available for hire. If you plan to venture outside of the historic district, it’s recommended that you rent a car.
3. What are the best things to do in Savannah?There are so many great things to do in Savannah! Some of the highlights include touring the historic homes and museums, taking a walk through the beautiful Forsyth Park, visiting the Savannah Riverfront, and exploring the many shops and restaurants in the historic district. Savannah is also home to several art galleries and theaters.
4. What is the weather like in Savannah?Savannah has a humid subtropical climate, which means the summers are hot and humid and the winters are mild. The average temperature in Savannah ranges from the mid-60s in the winter to the mid-90s in the summer. It’s important to note that Savannah is prone to thunderstorms, particularly in the summer months.
5. What is the best time of year to visit Savannah?The best time of year to visit Savannah depends on your preferences. The spring and fall are both popular times to visit, as the weather is mild and the crowds are smaller. If you enjoy warm weather, the summer months are also a good option. However, be prepared for crowds and thunderstorms. Winter is also a great time to visit if you prefer cooler weather and fewer crowds.
6. What are some of the best restaurants in Savannah?Savannah is known for its delicious cuisine, particularly its Southern comfort food. Some of the most popular restaurants in Savannah include The Olde Pink House, The Grey, and Mrs. Wilkes Dining Room. For seafood, check out The Crab Shack or The Wyld Dock Bar. If you’re looking for something sweet, don’t miss Leopold’s Ice Cream!
7. What are some of the best tours to take in Savannah?There are a variety of tours available in Savannah, each offering a unique perspective on the city. Some of the most popular tours include the Historic District Walking Tour, the Ghost Tour, and the Riverboat Tour. For a unique experience, consider taking a trolley or carriage tour of the historic district.
8. Where should I stay in Savannah?There are a variety of hotels and vacation rentals available in Savannah, depending on your preferences and budget. If you want to stay in the heart of the historic district, consider booking a room at The Marshall House, The Perry Lane Hotel, or The Mansion on Forsyth Park. For a more budget-friendly option, check out the Thunderbird Inn or the TRYP Savannah Hotel.
9. What are some of the best outdoor activities in Savannah?Savannah is home to several beautiful parks, including Forsyth Park, Daffin Park, and Tom Triplett Community Park. Visitors can also take a stroll along the Savannah Riverfront or bike through Bonaventure Cemetery. For an adventure, try kayaking or taking a sunset sailboat ride on the water.
10. Is Savannah a safe city?Savannah is generally considered a safe city, but it’s important to take some precautions. Visitors should be aware of their surroundings, particularly when walking around at night. It’s also recommended that you keep your belongings close to you and don’t leave valuables in your car. If you’re ever unsure about an area, it’s always best to err on the side of caution.
Book Your Tour NowSavannah is a beautiful city with a rich history and many attractions to see and do. With the help of this FAQ, you should be able to plan your trip to Savannah with confidence. Whether you’re interested in touring the historic district, trying delicious Southern cuisine, or enjoying the great outdoors, Savannah has something for everyone.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in SavannahSavannah is a beautiful city located in Georgia, known for its rich history, beautiful architecture, and southern charm. As a tourist, you may be wondering what the best way to spend your time in Savannah is. In this guide, we will provide you with a step-by-step plan on how to make the most of your time in Savannah.
1. Take a Walking Tour of Downtown SavannahA great way to start your trip to Savannah is by taking a walking tour of downtown Savannah. You will get to see the beautiful architecture and learn about the city’s rich history. The walking tours are usually led by knowledgeable and friendly guides who will take you to the most popular tourist spots in the city.
2. Visit Forsyth ParkForsyth Park is a beautiful park located in the heart of Savannah. The park is home to beautiful fountains, lush greenery, and a historic bandstand. You can spend hours wandering through the park, relaxing on the benches and watching the people go by. It’s a great place to have a picnic or take a stroll with your loved ones.
3. Explore the Historic DistrictThe historic district of Savannah is home to many historic buildings, charming shops and restaurants, and beautiful squares. You can easily spend a whole day exploring this area of the city. Make sure to visit some of the popular historic homes such as the Mercer Williams House and the Owens-Thomas House.
4. Take a Riverboat CruiseA riverboat cruise along the Savannah River is a memorable experience. You will get to see the city from a different perspective and learn about the history of the river. There are many different types of riverboat cruises available, including dinner cruises, sightseeing cruises, and sunset cruises.
5. Visit the Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) Museum of ArtThe SCAD Museum of Art is a unique museum that features contemporary art exhibitions and installations. The museum is located in a beautiful historic building that is worth exploring on its own. Admission to the museum is usually free, and there are always plenty of interesting exhibitions to see.
6. Try the Local CuisineSavannah is famous for its delicious southern cuisine. Some of the most popular dishes you should try include fried chicken, shrimp and grits, and pecan pie. There are many great restaurants in the city that serve these classic dishes, as well as new and innovative dishes.
7. Take a Trolley TourIf you’re not up for a walking tour, a trolley tour is a great alternative. The trolley tours are similar to the walking tours in that they take you to the most popular tourist spots in the city, but you will be riding in a trolley instead of walking.
8. Visit the Bonaventure CemeteryThe Bonaventure Cemetery is a beautiful and historic cemetery located just outside of downtown Savannah. The cemetery is famous for its beautiful statues, monuments, and the famous bird girl statue that was featured in the book “Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.”
9. Visit the BeachIf you’re looking to escape the city and spend some time at the beach, Tybee Island is a great option. Tybee Island is just a short drive from Savannah and is home to beautiful beaches, a lighthouse, and plenty of restaurants and shops.
10. Attend a FestivalSavannah is home to many festivals throughout the year. Some of the most popular festivals include the Savannah Music Festival, the Savannah Food and Wine Festival, and the Savannah Jazz Festival. Attending a festival is a great way to experience the local culture and have some fun.
Book Your Tour NowSavannah is a fantastic tourist destination that offers something for everyone. Whether you’re interested in history, art, or just want to relax on the beach, Savannah has it all. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you will be able to make the most of your time in Savannah and have an unforgettable trip.
Table of Contents