How to Experience the Victoria Falls Dinner and Drum Show in ZimbabweAre you looking for a fun-filled African extravaganza to enjoy during your stay in Victoria Falls Town, Zimbabwe? Look no further than the Victoria Falls Dinner and Drum Show, an evening of entertainment and dining that will immerse you in the vibrant culture of Africa. From traditional dancers to delicious cuisine, this experience is not to be missed.
ExperienceAt the Victoria Falls Dinner and Drum Show, you’ll be welcomed with a traditional ceremony that includes dressing you in a chitenge (sarong) and face paint. Afterward, you’ll be ushered into the main enclosure where you’ll find yourself surrounded by the sights, sounds, and tastes of Africa. As you feast on an authentic 4-course meal, you’ll be treated to mbira music, traditional dancers, and local folk storytellers. For entertainment, there will be fortune tellers, hair braiders, elaborate face painters, and souvenir sellers. But the highlight of the evening’s entertainment is the interactive drumming show, which begins after dinner. Guests are each handed a djembe drum and given the opportunity to participate in the drumming show by learning and playing various rhythms. The show is led by experienced drummers who will guide you through the experience, making it easy and enjoyable for everyone.
HighlightsThere are several reasons why the Victoria Falls Dinner and Drum Show is a must-see experience. Here are just a few of the highlights:
Authentic African ExperienceFrom the moment you arrive, you’ll be surrounded by the sights, sounds, and tastes of Africa. The traditional dancers, music, and storytelling will transport you to a different world, and the opportunity to dress up in African attire and face paint will make you feel like a part of the local community.
Delicious CuisineThe 4-course meal included in the experience is prepared using fresh, local ingredients and includes a variety of African dishes. From appetizers to dessert, you’ll be treated to a feast that will satisfy all your taste buds.
Interactive Drumming ShowPlaying the djembe drum, a West African instrument, is a highlight of the experience. The experienced drummers leading the show will guide you through the experience, making it easy for everyone to participate. It’s a fun and unique way to experience the rhythm and spirit of Africa.
How to Plan Your Victoria Falls Dinner and Drum Show TourReady to book your tour? You can easily book online at the following link: book here. When booking your tour, keep in mind the following details:
Meeting LocationThe Victoria Falls Dinner and Drum Show takes place at the Lokuthula Lodges, Victoria Falls Safari Lodge. The meeting point is at the hotel lobby, which is easily accessible by taxi or private transportation.
Tour DurationThe experience lasts approximately 3-4 hours, from 6:30pm to 10:00pm, depending on the time of year. Be sure to arrive on time to make the most of your evening.
What to BringWear comfortable and casual attire. You’ll be provided with a chitenge (sarong) to wear during the traditional ceremony, so there’s no need to bring anything special.
CostThe cost of the tour varies depending on the season, but it typically ranges from $70 to $90 per person. The price includes the 4-course meal and interactive drumming show.
Book Your Tour NowThe Victoria Falls Dinner and Drum Show is an unforgettable experience that will leave you with memories to last a lifetime. From the authentic African atmosphere to the interactive drumming show, this tour is well worth the investment. Book your tour now, and prepare to be amazed by the vibrant culture of Africa.
Frequently Asked Questions About Victoria Falls Town, ZimbabweVictoria Falls Town, in Zimbabwe, is a popular tourist destination that attracts visitors from around the world. If you’re planning a trip to Victoria Falls, you likely have questions about the town, its attractions, and the local culture. In this blog post, we’ll answer some of the most frequently asked questions about Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe.
1. What is Victoria Falls Town?Victoria Falls Town is a small town located on the Zimbabwean side of Victoria Falls, one of the largest waterfalls in the world. The town is located near the Zambezi River and is a popular destination for tourists, thanks to its stunning natural beauty and the many attractions in the area.
2. What are the main attractions in Victoria Falls Town?There are many attractions in and around Victoria Falls Town, including: – Victoria Falls: This is the main attraction in the area, and it’s easy to see why. The falls are one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World and attract thousands of visitors each year. – Zambezi River: The Zambezi River is a popular destination for white-water rafting, fishing, and sunset cruises. – Victoria Falls National Park: This park is home to a wide variety of wildlife, including elephants, lions, and buffalo. Visitors can also take guided walking tours to learn more about the local flora and fauna. – Cultural tours: Visitors to Victoria Falls Town can take tours to learn about the local culture and history, including visits to traditional villages, markets, and museums.
3. What is the best time of year to visit Victoria Falls Town?The best time of year to visit Victoria Falls Town is between May and September, during the dry season. During this time, the water flow at Victoria Falls is at its peak, and the weather is mild and dry. However, the peak tourist season also means higher prices and larger crowds. If you want to avoid the crowds, consider visiting during the shoulder season (April and October) when the weather is still good, but there are fewer visitors.
4. What is the local currency in Zimbabwe?The local currency in Zimbabwe is the Zimbabwean dollar (ZWD). However, due to high inflation and currency instability, many businesses in Victoria Falls Town and throughout Zimbabwe accept US dollars, euros, and other major currencies.
5. Is it safe to visit Victoria Falls Town?Victoria Falls Town is generally a safe destination for tourists. However, as with any tourist destination, there are risks associated with travel, including petty crime and scams. Visitors should take precautions to protect themselves and their belongings, such as carrying only the cash and valuables they need, not leaving belongings unattended, and being aware of their surroundings.
6. What should I pack for a trip to Victoria Falls Town?When packing for a trip to Victoria Falls Town, it’s important to pack for the climate and the activities you plan to do. Bring lightweight, breathable clothing for the hot and humid climate, as well as comfortable walking shoes for exploring. If you plan to participate in water activities, such as white-water rafting, bring a swimsuit and a waterproof camera. Don’t forget to pack sunscreen, insect repellent, and a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
7. What is the food like in Victoria Falls Town?The food in Victoria Falls Town is influenced by both local and international cuisine. Visitors can find everything from traditional Zimbabwean dishes to international favorites, such as pizza and burgers. Some popular local dishes include sadza (a staple made from cornmeal), chikafu (a peanut butter and chicken stew), and matemba (dried fish). Vegetarians and vegans may find it challenging to find suitable options, but most restaurants can accommodate dietary restrictions with advance notice.
8. What are some cultural norms and customs in Zimbabwe?Zimbabwe has a rich and diverse culture, and visitors should be aware of local customs and norms to avoid offending locals. Here are some cultural norms and customs to be aware of: – Greeting: It’s customary to greet people with a handshake. – Dress: Zimbabweans generally dress conservatively, particularly in rural areas. Visitors should avoid wearing revealing clothing, particularly when visiting religious sites. – Language: English is widely spoken in Zimbabwe, but locals appreciate visitors who try to speak basic phrases in Shona or Ndebele, the local languages. – Tipping: It’s customary to tip in Zimbabwe, particularly in restaurants and for tour guides. The amount should be around 10% of the total bill.
9. Are there any health concerns when traveling to Victoria Falls Town?There are some health concerns when traveling to Victoria Falls Town and Zimbabwe in general. Visitors should take precautions to protect themselves from malaria, which is common in the area. It’s also important to drink only bottled or purified water to avoid getting sick from water-borne illnesses. Visitors should also ensure they are up-to-date on routine vaccinations, such as measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR).
Book Your Tour NowVictoria Falls Town is a beautiful and fascinating destination that offers something for everyone. Whether you’re interested in natural wonders, cultural experiences, or outdoor activities, you’re sure to find what you’re looking for in this charming town. By following these tips and recommendations, you can ensure a safe, enjoyable, and memorable trip to Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe.
How to spend your time as a tourist in Victoria Falls Town ZimbabweVictoria Falls is a town located in the northwest corner of Zimbabwe, a country in southern Africa. It is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Africa and is known for the world’s largest waterfall, Victoria Falls. The town is rich in natural beauty and wildlife, making it a great place to visit for nature lovers. In this post, we will take you through an informative guide on how to spend your time as a tourist in Victoria Falls Town Zimbabwe.
1. Take a walking tour of Victoria FallsWhen in Victoria Falls, taking a walking tour of the falls is a must-do activity. There are different tour packages available that cater to the varying needs of visitors. One of the popular tours is the ‘Legend of the Falls’ tour that takes visitors to different viewpoints of the waterfall, offers a guided tour of the rainforest and explains the history and geology of the falls. Feeling the mist on your face while admiring the falls is an incredible and unforgettable experience.
2. Take a helicopter ride over Victoria FallsIf you’d like to have a bird’s eye view of the Victoria Falls, consider taking a helicopter ride. It gives you the chance to see the magnificent waterfall and surrounding landscape from a distance that you can’t get on foot. Many helicopter operators offer different tour packages like sunset tours or a package that includes a photo session. It is a bit more expensive than taking a walking tour, but it is worth every penny.
3. Go on a safari in Zambezi National ParkZambezi National Park is located on the northern banks of the Zambezi River, just upstream of Victoria Falls. It is home to a wide range of wildlife, including elephants, giraffes, lions, and cheetahs. Several safari tours operate in the park, with options like dawn or dusk game drives, bushwalks, and river safaris. A visit to the park offers a unique opportunity to see African wildlife up close.
4. Take a sunset cruise on the Zambezi RiverGoing on a sunset cruise is a great way to relax and enjoy the beautiful view of the Zambezi River as the sun sets in the horizon. Several tour operators operate sunset cruises where guests can enjoy drinks and snacks while taking in the beauty of the wildlife and birds on the riverbanks. Some cruises also offer dinner and entertainment options.
5. Visit the Victoria Falls Wildlife TrustThe Victoria Falls Wildlife Trust is an animal rescue and rehabilitation center that focuses on rescuing and caring for orphaned or injured wildlife. Visitors can take a guided tour of the facility and learn about the trust’s work in conservation and animal welfare. The trust also offers opportunities to volunteer or donate to its causes.
6. Visit the local marketsVictoria Falls has several local markets that sell various crafts, souvenirs, and locally-made products. The markets are a great place to buy unique souvenirs and interact with locals. One of the popular markets is the Elephant’s Walk Shopping and Artist’s Village, which has different shops that sell artwork, jewelry, and clothing.
7. Experience the local cuisineVisitors to Victoria Falls can experience the local cuisine by visiting restaurants that serve traditional Zimbabwean food. The local traditional food includes dishes like sadza, a thick porridge made from cornmeal, and nyama choma, grilled meat with barbecue sauce. One of the popular restaurants that offer local cuisine is Mama Africa, which has live music and dance performances.
Book Your Tour NowVictoria Falls is a great destination for travelers who love nature and wildlife. With the waterfall, national park, local markets, and incredible wildlife, there’s much to see and experience in Victoria Falls. Whether you’re interested in taking a walking tour of the falls, going on a safari, or experiencing local cuisine, Victoria Falls has plenty to offer. Your trip to this town in Zimbabwe will undoubtedly be unforgettable.
Table of Contents