How to Plan Your 5 Days Masai Mara & Amboseli Wildlife Safari
If you are planning to experience Kenya’s magnificent wildlife, the 5 Days Masai Mara & Amboseli Wildlife Safari is the perfect tour for you. The tour takes you to two of Kenya’s most popular national parks, Masai Mara and Amboseli, both renowned for their abundant wildlife and stunning landscapes. In this blog post, we will guide you on how to plan this incredible tour, including details on what’s included, pickup points, and more.
The 5 Days Masai Mara & Amboseli Wildlife Safari is a five-day guided tour that takes you on a wildlife adventure in Kenya. During this tour, you will visit Masai Mara and Amboseli national parks, two of the most famous parks in Kenya, known for their diverse wildlife and breathtaking landscapes.
The tour package includes the following:
- Transport in a 4*4 safari jeep
- Park entry fees
- Government levies and taxes
- Breakfast (4)
- Lunch (5)
- Travel insurance
- All items of a personal nature
Meeting And Pickup
There are several pickup points throughout Nairobi for the tour, with flexibility in timings. You can select your preferred pickup point during the booking process. It is advised to confirm the pickup time with the local provider in advance of the tour.
What To Expect
The tour covers a lot of miles, so be prepared for long drives in between parks. You will need to pack suitable clothing for a safari. Mosquitoes are prevalent in the evening, we suggest you bring mosquito repellents, antimalarial as well as sunblock. Bring your camera to capture the unforgettable memories of an adventure of a lifetime.
Before you book your safari, there are a few things you should know. Confirmation will be received at the time of booking, and full payment is required at the time of booking. The tour is wheelchair and stroller accessible, with infant seats available if required. Transportation is wheelchair friendly, but it’s essential to inform the provider in advance.
We understand that plans can change, and that’s why we offer a flexible cancellation policy. If you cancel your booking seven days before the tour’s start time, you will receive a full refund. However, any changes made less than six days before the tour’s start time will not be accepted.
If you are ready to embark on this adventure, you can book the tour here.
In conclusion, the 5 Days Masai Mara & Amboseli Wildlife Safari is an impressive tour that will take you on an unforgettable adventure through some of Kenya’s most spectacular landscapes. Don’t forget to bring your camera, mosquito repellents, antimalarial, and other essentials as you prepare to explore the wilderness. The tour package includes transportation, park entry fees, and accommodation, among other things, ensuring that you have a stress-free and exciting journey.
An Insider’s Guide to Masai Mara and Amboseli Wildlife Safaris
If you’re planning to visit Kenya for an adventurous safari experience, Masai Mara and Amboseli should definitely be on your list. These two iconic wildlife destinations offer breathtaking views, unique experiences, and an opportunity to witness some of the world’s most spectacular wildlife up close and personal. To help you plan your 5-day wildlife safari, here’s a detailed insider’s guide to Masai Mara and Amboseli.
Must-Visit Attractions in Masai Mara
Masai Mara National Reserve is one of the best destinations in Africa for wildlife safaris. Here are some of the must-visit attractions to add to your itinerary:
– Get up close with the Big Five: Masai Mara is famous for its large lion prides and massive herds of wildebeest, zebras, and gazelles. During your visit, make sure to spot the Big Five, which include elephants, lions, leopards, rhinos, and buffalos.
– Experience the Great Migration: This is one of the top attractions in Masai Mara. The wildebeest migration happens annually, between July and November, and it’s a fantastic sight to behold.
– Explore the Mara River: The Mara river is home to a huge population of crocodiles and hippos. You can take a boat ride or walk around the riverbanks to spot these fascinating animals.
– Visit Masai Mara villages: Masai Mara is home to the Maasai people, who are famous for their unique culture and customs. Visiting these villages will give you a chance to learn about their way of life and traditions.
Top Things to Do in Amboseli
Amboseli National Park is located at the foot of the magnificent Kilimanjaro Mountain, which makes it an excellent destination for nature lovers. Here are some of the things to do in Amboseli:
– Witness the traditional Maasai dances: In Amboseli, you can visit the Maasai villages to witness traditional dances, which are performed by the locals in honor of special occasions or cultural festivities.
– Take a guided nature walk: Amboseli is home to various species of animals and plant life; a guided nature walk will offer you an in-depth insight into the park’s diverse ecology.
– Watch the breathtaking sunrise: Watching the sunrise on Kilimanjaro is a surreal experience. The mountain’s peak will glow orange as the sun rises, offering a spectacular view.
– Go on a game drive: Amboseli is teeming with wildlife, including elephants, giraffes, lions, hyenas, zebras, gazelles, and cheetahs. You can rent a jeep and go on a game drive through the park, accompanied by an experienced guide.
Best Places to Dine in Masai Mara and Amboseli
After a long day of exploring, it’s only fair to satisfy your cravings with top-class meals. Here are some of the best restaurants to dine in Masai Mara and Amboseli:
– The Carnivore Restaurant in Nairobi: This restaurant is perfect for meat lovers who enjoy barbeques and roasted meats.
– The Jimlizer Hotel Masai Mara: This hotel offers a wide array of cuisines, including African, Indian, and European dishes.
– Sopa Lodge Amboseli: This lodge has a spacious dining area and offers both continental and traditional African dishes.
Unique Cultural Experiences in Masai Mara and Amboseli
Kenya is the home of a rich and diverse culture; visiting Masai Mara and Amboseli allows you to immerse yourself in the vibrant Maasai culture. Here are some unique cultural experiences to try:
– Learn to make Maasai handicrafts: Many local vendors sell handmade crafts such as beaded jewelry, woven baskets, and Maasai shukas (traditional dress).
– Experience a Maasai tribal wedding: A Maasai tribal wedding ceremony is a vibrant affair; you’ll get to witness traditional Maasai songs, dances, and attire.
– Attend a Maasai market: Maasai markets are usually held on Tuesdays and are a great place to buy souvenirs and sample local foods.
If you’re seeking unique experiences that will take you off the well-beaten safari tracks, here are some destinations to add to your itinerary:
– Ol Kinyei Conservancy: Ol Kinyei is a community conservancy located in the Mara ecosystem. It offers an exclusive experience with the wildlife, with game drives and guided walks conducted by Maasai guides.
– Kimana Community Wildlife Sanctuary: This sanctuary is located on the outskirts of Amboseli National Park. It offers an excellent view of a natural water spring and provides an opportunity to interact with the locals.
– Shompole Conservancy: Shompole is an ecotourism destination located between Lake Natron and Amboseli National Park. It’s best known for its spectacular landscape and unique cultural experiences.
In conclusion, Masai Mara and Amboseli are two iconic wildlife destinations that should be on any traveler’s bucket list when visiting Kenya. With this insider’s guide, you can plan your 5-day wildlife safari with the confidence and assurance of experiencing the best that Mara and Amboseli have to offer.
Table of Contents