How to Plan Your Cairo Day Tour to Giza Pyramids, Egyptian Museum, and Camel RideEgypt is an ancient land filled with wonders and mysteries that will leave you mesmerized. One of the most magnificent spectacles around the world is the Pyramids of Giza, located in the city of Cairo. This Cairo day tour offers an unforgettable experience exploring the Pyramids of Giza, the Egyptian Museum, and even a 45-minute camel ride. This ultimate guide will show you the details, itinerary, and all you need to know before booking this tour.
Overview of the Day Tour to Giza Pyramids, Egyptian Museum, and Camel RideThis private tour will begin with a hotel pickup in Cairo or Giza. You’ll meet your Egyptology tour guide and be driven to the iconic Pyramids of Giza. You’ll have approximately three hours to explore the Pyramids of Cheops, Chephren, and Mykerinus with your guide. After visiting the Pyramids, you’ll proceed to the Egyptian Museum in Cairo. This museum displays an extensive collection of ancient Egyptian artifacts and mummies, including the treasures of King Tutankhamen. You’ll spend about three hours in the museum with your guide, followed by a 45-minute camel ride if you choose to add it to your itinerary.
What’s Included in the Day Tour?This tour package includes:
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
- Egyptology tour guide
Meeting and Pickup PointsThe tour provides pickup points from Cairo and Giza hotels. During the booking process, you’ll be able to select the pickup point that’s closest to your hotel. Pickup details will be provided to you before the tour, so you’ll know the exact time and location to meet your guide.
What to Expect on the Day Tour?1. Pyramids of Giza
Get ready to feel the energy of the ancient world as you set your eyes on these colossal structures. You’ll hear from your guide the vast historical facts and myths surrounding the pyramids of Cheops, Chephren, and Mykerinus. You can climb and take photos, and your guide will help you capture the perfect shots. If you choose, you’ll be able to enter the Pyramid of Chephren or the Solar Boat Museum. 2. The Museum of Egyptian Antiquities
The Egyptian Museum is home to Egypt’s most extensive collection of ancient artifacts with more than 120,000 items from different periods of ancient Egyptian history. You’ll learn everything about Egypt’s life, religion, and culture through its incredible collection of ancient treasures, including the gold mask of King Tutankhamun. 3. Optional 45-Minute Camel Ride
You can add a 45-minute camel ride to your itinerary and enjoy a unique tour of the Giza Plateau. The camel ride is a great opportunity to explore the desert around the Pyramids and see amazing views from different angles.
Additional Info About the Day TourConfirmation will be received when you book the tour, and you can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund. The child rate applies only when sharing with two paying adults, and the tour is not wheelchair accessible. Most travelers can participate in this tour, and it’s a private tour/activity in which only your group will participate.
Cancellation PolicyYou can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund. For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the tour’s start time. If you cancel less than 24 hours before the start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded. Also, any changes made less than 24 hours before the tour’s start time are subject to availability. Book the tour here: Book Here
The Bottom LineThe Day Tour to Giza Pyramids, Egyptian Museum, and Camel Ride is a breathtaking adventure that’s sure to leave you with lifelong memories. It’s a premium way to explore the treasures of Egypt and get a chance to visit the Pyramids of Giza and the Egyptian Museum, two world-renowned sites. Book the tour now and get ready to be transported thousands of years back in time.
FAQ About CairoEgypt is a country that is rich in history and culture, and one of the main cities that reflect that heritage is Cairo. Being the capital of Egypt, Cairo is one of the most visited cities in the country, with most travelers coming to discover its historical landmarks such as the pyramids, museums, and centers of culture. In this FAQ, we explore some of the most commonly asked questions about Cairo.
1. What is Cairo?Cairo is an ancient city that is steeped in history, culture, and traditions of Egypt. It is situated on the banks of the River Nile, and it is the largest metropolitan area in Africa, the Middle East, and the Arab World.
2. What are the best tourist destinations in Cairo?Cairo has a rich history and a vast array of historical sites to visit. Some of the top tourist destinations include:
The Great Pyramids of GizaThe Great Pyramids of Giza are the last of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. They are situated on the outskirts of Cairo and are one of the most popular tourist destinations in the city.
The Egyptian MuseumThe Egyptian Museum houses a vast collection of antiquities that date back thousands of years. It is home to the largest collection of ancient Egyptian artifacts in the world.
Khan el-Khalili BazaarThe Khan el-Khalili Bazaar is the oldest shopping marketplace in the Middle East. It is a bustling market where you can find everything from jewelry to spices.
3. What are the best hotels in Cairo?Cairo has a wide array of hotels that cater to the needs of tourists. Some of the top hotels in Cairo include:
The Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at the First ResidenceThe Four Seasons is a luxurious hotel that offers breathtaking views of the Nile and the Pyramids. It has world-class amenities, including a spa, fitness center, and outdoor pool.
The Nile Ritz-Carlton CairoThe Nile Ritz-Carlton is located in the heart of downtown Cairo, offering easy access to major tourist destinations. The hotel itself is stunning, with opulent rooms, fantastic restaurants, and bars.
4. What is the best time to visit Cairo?The best time to visit Cairo is from October to April when the weather is mild and comfortable for touring. During the summer months, temperatures can be extremely high, making it uncomfortable to travel.
5. What are the traditional foods in Cairo?Cairo is famous for its flavorful cuisine, which relies heavily on spices and herbs. Some of the most popular dishes in Cairo include:
KoshariKoshari is a traditional Egyptian dish made with rice, lentils, and macaroni. Topped with tomato sauce and crispy onions, it is a tasty and filling meal.
Ful MedamesFul Medames is a breakfast dish made with cooked fava beans, olive oil, parsley, and onion. It is often served as a dip with pita bread.
ShawarmaShawarma is a popular street food in Cairo. It is a wrap made with meat, vegetables, and herbs, usually served with a garlic sauce.
6. What is the currency used in Cairo?The currency used in Cairo is the Egyptian Pound (EGP).
7. Are there any safety concerns when visiting Cairo?Like any large city, Cairo has its share of safety concerns. It is advisable to be aware of your surroundings, avoid walking alone at night, and keep your belongings close to you. It’s always best to travel in groups and take taxis when traveling around the city.
8. Do people in Cairo speak English?While Arabic is the official language of Cairo, many people in the city speak English, especially those working in the tourism industry.
9. What is the climate in Cairo?Cairo has a hot desert climate, with extremely high temperatures during the summer months. Winters are mild, with temperatures ranging from 9°C to 18°C.
10. What are the modes of transportation available in Cairo?Cairo has a well-developed transportation system that includes taxis, buses, and the metro. Taxis are the most commonly used mode of transportation but make sure to agree on a fare before starting the journey. The metro is an affordable and efficient option for getting around the city.
Final ThoughtsCairo is a city with a rich history and a vibrant culture, making it an attractive destination for tourists. From the Great Pyramids of Giza to the bustling Khan el-Khalili Bazaar, there is so much to see and do in Cairo. With a little planning and preparation, any traveler can have a fantastic experience exploring Egypt’s capital city.
How to Spend your Time as a Tourist in CairoAre you planning a trip to Cairo, one of the world’s great cities with an impressive history and culture? Cairo is perfect for tourists who want to indulge in fascinating history, stunning architecture, and delicious cuisine. In this post, we have compiled a step-by-step guide on how to spend your time as a tourist in Cairo.
1. Visit the Pyramids of GizaThe Pyramids of Giza are at the top of the list of things to see when in Cairo. The three pyramids date back more than 4,500 years and have truly stood the test of time. You can book a guided tour to the pyramids, or explore them on your own. We recommend hiring a camel or horse to reach the pyramids, as it adds to the experience. The sound and light show at night is a must-see event for all visitors.
2. Explore the Egyptian MuseumThe Egyptian Museum is how you can learn everything about ancient Egypt. With more than 100,000 relics and artifacts on display, the museum is an encyclopedia in itself. You can find the treasures of King Tutankhamen, including his iconic mask. These objects are almost 3,300 years old, but they have retained their beauty and grandeur. We recommend taking a guided tour of the museum to fully understand the history and context of the objects.
3. Visit the Citadel and Mosque of Muhammad AliThe Citadel of Salah El Din is a fortress that was built in 1183 as protection against invading Crusaders. It sits on a hilltop with stunning views of the city. The mosque of Muhammad Ali is a beautiful and grand structure with an elegant and elaborate design. The mosque is open for non-Muslims to visit for a nominal fee.
4. Shop at the Khan El-Khalili BazaarKhan El-Khalili is one of the oldest markets in Cairo, and a must-visit destination for shopping. The market is famous for its traditional Egyptian crafts, jewelry, textiles, spices, and souvenirs. You can bargain with the vendors, but be prepared to haggle. The market is a bustling, vibrant area and definitely worth exploring.
5. Relax on the Nile River CruiseA Nile River cruise is a wonderful way to see Cairo at a leisurely pace. A Nile dinner cruise allows you to enjoy the local cuisine and stunning views of the city. You can choose between a daytime or nighttime cruise, with many different cruise options to choose from.
6. Marvel at the Islamic Architecture in CairoCairo boasts some of the most impressive Islamic architecture in the world. The Ibn Tulun Mosque, built in the 9th century, is an architectural masterpiece that has remained almost unchanged for over 1,200 years. The Al-Azhar Mosque, dating back to the 10th century, is one of the oldest Islamic buildings. The Mosque of Sultan Hassan is also worth visiting and is regarded as one of the most extravagant mosques in the world.
7. Taste the Delicious Egyptian CuisineEgyptian cuisine is rich and flavorful, with influences from Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cuisine. Koshari is a popular dish and is made up of lentils, rice, pasta, and chickpeas. You can also try the traditional stuffed grape leaves, locally known as Dolma, or the famous falafel sandwich. Egyptian street food is a unique experience filled with a variety of flavors and is not to be missed.
8. Experience the Cairo NightlifeCairo has a vibrant and lively nightlife. The rooftop bars in the city offer incredible views of the Nile, and the city skyline. The pubs and clubs play a mix of traditional Arabic and modern music, and are a great way to experience the local culture.
Book Your Tour NowCairo is a remarkable destination for tourists who want to explore ancient history and experience a unique culture. From the Pyramids of Giza to the Khan El-Khalili Bazaar, Cairo offers a range of activities for every traveler. With our guide, you can create an itinerary that covers all the must-see attractions, enjoy the local cuisine and soak in the beautiful city’s vibrancy.
Table of Contents