How to Plan Your Day Hike at Annapurna Foothills in Pokhara
Pokhara, the city of lakes, offers excellent opportunities for adventure sports and is well-known as a gateway to the best trekking routes along the Annapurna foothills. If you are looking for a perfect day trip experience in Pokhara, add the Day Hike at Annapurna Foothills to your list.
This tour takes you from Kande to Australian Camp, Dhampus, and Phedi. You can explore Gurung village traditions and culture and enjoy a 5-hour walk in Annapurna Foothills with a magnificent view of the Annapurna and Fishtail range.
With a professional local guide, you will hike through forests and hill ridges and follow the downhill trail, leading to the Dhampus village that offers a close view of Mount Annapurna and Fishtail.
During the tour, you will have the following highlights:
- Enjoy a day hike at Annapurna foothills trekking from Kande – Australian Camp – Dhampus – Phedi.
- Explore Gurung village traditions and culture at Dhampus village.
- Walk in Annapurna Foothills for 5 hrs with a magnificent view of Annapurna and Fishtail range.
- Hike escorted by professional local guide.
In the morning, meet your guide and driver and drive to Kande via a winding highway. The view along the road offers excellent vistas, including the Pokhara valley floor and Annapurna mountain range.
Start your day trek with your guide from Kande. Follow the trekking trail through forests to reach the Australian camp: 1.5 hours. Australian Camp offers a close view of Mount Annapurna and Fishtail. Continue your walk through hill ridge following the downhill trail leading to Dhampus village: 1.5-hour walk.
After exploring Dhampus village and learning about its rich Gurung culture, the tour continues with a downhill walk to Phedi. The van will pick you up from Phedi and transfer you back to Pokhara.
How to Book the Tour
If you are looking for a day trip in Pokhara that offers a perfect combination of adventure and culture, you can book the Day Hike at Annapurna Foothills tour here. Make sure to book in advance to ensure availability on your preferred date.
The Day Hike at Annapurna Foothills tour in Pokhara will provide you with an unforgettable experience of trekking through forests, hill ridges, and a Gurung village, all while enjoying stunning views of the Annapurna and Fishtail range. Book this tour for a memorable day trip in Pokhara.
Insider’s Guide to Pokhara, Nepal
Pokhara is a vibrant city in Nepal, known for its breathtaking natural beauty and abundance of outdoor activities. Situated at the foot of the Annapurna mountain range, Pokhara offers a variety of adventures to travelers, such as trekking, hiking, paragliding, and boating in the serene Phewa Lake. Here’s an insider’s guide to plan your day hike at Annapurna foothills in Pokhara, along with other local attractions, dining spots, cultural experiences, local history, and off-the-beaten-path suggestions.
Pokhara is home to several attractions that tourists must visit during their stay. Some of the most popular ones are:
– Phewa Lake: This is the largest lake in Pokhara and a perfect spot to spend a day. You can take a boat ride or hire a kayak and paddle around the lake. The reflection of the Annapurna mountain range on the tranquil waters of the lake is a sight to behold.
– World Peace Pagoda: Situated atop a hill, the World Peace Pagoda offers panoramic views of the Himalayas and the city. You can get there by taking a boat ride across the lake and hiking up the hill. Don’t miss the sunset from the top; it’s magical.
– Davis Falls: This waterfall is unique because it disappears underground after reaching the bottom. The sound of the water gushing down from a height of 30 feet is breathtaking.
Pokhara has many dining spots where you can enjoy authentic Nepalese food or international cuisine. A few that locals and tourists swear by are:
– Moondance Restaurant & Bar: This rooftop restaurant offers stunning views of the lake and serves a mix of Nepalese and Western cuisine.
– Boomerang Restaurant: This cozy restaurant near Lakeside serves Indian, Nepalese, and Tibetan food and is known for its momos and thukpa.
– OR2K: This vegetarian restaurant has an eclectic menu with dishes inspired by Middle Eastern, Indian, and Nepalese cuisine. The ambiance is perfect for a relaxed dinner.
Pokhara has a rich cultural heritage, and exploring it can be a great way to connect with the locals and learn about their lifestyle. Some cultural experiences that one can try are:
– Visit the Gurkha Museum: Learn about the history and heritage of Nepal’s Gurkha soldiers and their role in the British Army.
– Attend a cultural show: The Gurung Cultural Museum and Gurung Cultural Center organize cultural shows that showcase traditional music, dances, and costumes.
– Take a cooking class: Learn how to cook Nepalese cuisine from a local chef and get some authentic recipes to wow your friends back home.
Aside from the cultural experiences, Pokhara’s local history is also fascinating. Some places that tourists can visit to delve into the city’s past are:
– Bindhyabasini Temple: This temple dedicated to the Hindu goddess Durga is one of the oldest in the city and has a significant place in the local history.
– Old Bazaar: This market area is a throwback to the past and attracts tourists who want to experience the city’s old-world charm.
– Begnas Lake: This lake is not as famous as Phewa Lake, but it played a vital role in the city’s history. It was a significant trading post for goods brought from Tibet, and many locals still depend on it for their livelihood.
Finally, for the adventurous travelers who want to explore Pokhara’s lesser-known gems, here are some off-the-beaten-path activities to try:
– Visit Rupa Lake: This lake is often overlooked, but it offers a peaceful respite from the hustle and bustle of the city. You can hire a boat and explore the lake and surrounding areas.
– Hike to Sarangkot: This is a popular hiking trail that leads to a viewpoint from where you can see the Annapurna range and the city in all its glory.
– Go paragliding: Pokhara is one of the best places to go paragliding in the world, and there are several operators that offer tandem flights. Soar over the city and the mountains and get an adrenaline rush like no other.
In conclusion, Pokhara is a fascinating city that has something for everyone. Whether you want to relax by the lake or go on an adventure in the mountains, there’s no shortage of options. With this insider’s guide, you’ll be able to plan your day hike at Annapurna foothills in Pokhara and explore the city’s culture, history, and cuisine like a local.