How to plan your Full-Day Private Tour to Meteora from AthensAre you planning a trip to Athens and interested in visiting one of the most spectacular monuments of Greece? Then a full-day private tour to Meteora might be the perfect choice for you. In this guide, we will give you all the information you need to plan your trip, including highlights of the experience and a full tour description.
Highlights of the experienceThere are many reasons why a full-day private tour to Meteora is a must-do experience when visiting Athens. Here are some of the highlights:
- Visit one of the most spectacular monuments of Greece
- Personalised service and 24/7 customer support
- Private and comfortable transportation
- Escort during the whole trip
Full Tour DescriptionThe tour starts with pick-up from your hotel early in the morning. After that, you will cross a part of the greek mainland passing through historical greek cities. Grasp the chance to learn about them thanks to our tour leader who will orientate you! A short stop will allow you to taste a refreshing juice or a greek coffee with a traditional cheese pie. The route to Meteora is approximately 4 hours. Upon arrival you will visit 3 Monasteries where you will climb up to the rocks while having a panoramic view of this unique scenery with the giant “sculptured” rocks. This breathtaking scenery was used as a background for the famous series “Games of Thrones”. Inside the monasteries you will see colorful gardens, stone caves, old churches and you will get an idea about how the monks and the nuns live up there. In their museums you will admire their wonderful icons, ancient manuscripts, unique vestments, monstrances, holy vessels, and crosses. During the tour, you will have a personal escort who will guide you and give you detailed information about every place you visit. You can ask questions and learn about the history and culture behind each monument. At the end of the tour, you will be dropped off back at your hotel in Athens, with unforgettable memories and a deeper understanding of Greek culture and history.
Booking the tourReady to book your Full-Day Private Tour to Meteora? You can easily do so using the link below. Enjoy personalized service and 24/7 customer support throughout the whole process. Book the tour here
Book Your Tour NowIn conclusion, if you are planning a trip to Athens and want to explore some of Greece’s most remarkable monuments and culture, a Full-Day Private Tour to Meteora is an excellent choice. Make sure to book the tour in advance to secure your spot and enjoy a personalized and comfortable experience. We hope this guide has been helpful in planning your trip and that you have a wonderful time during your visit.
FAQ about AthensAthens, the capital city of Greece, is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. This ancient city is known for its rich history, culture, art, and architecture. Here is a detailed FAQ about Athens that will help you to get a better understanding of the city.
1. What is the best time to visit Athens?The best time to visit Athens is between March and May or from September to November. During these months, the weather is pleasant, and the crowds are smaller. The summer months from June to August can be very hot, and the tourist attractions are usually crowded.
2. What are the must-visit tourist attractions in Athens?There are several tourist attractions in Athens that you must visit, including:
- The Acropolis and the Parthenon
- The National Archaeological Museum
- The Ancient Agora
- The Temple of Olympian Zeus
- The Plaka neighborhood
- The Panathenaic Stadium
3. Is Athens safe for tourists?Athens is generally a safe city for tourists. However, petty crime can occur, and it’s essential to take precautions, such as not carrying valuables in crowded areas.
4. What is the currency used in Athens?The currency used in Athens is the Euro.
5. What is the official language in Athens?The official language of Athens is Greek. English is widely spoken, especially in tourist areas.
6. What are the best ways to get around Athens?The best ways to get around Athens are:
- Public transportation such as the metro, buses, and trams
7. What is the food like in Athens?The food in Athens is delicious and varied, with a focus on fresh, seasonal ingredients. Some of the must-try dishes in Athens include souvlaki, moussaka, gyros, and fresh seafood.
8. What is the nightlife like in Athens?Athens has a vibrant nightlife with plenty of bars, clubs, and restaurants. The nightlife scene is centered around the neighborhoods of Psiri, Gazi, and Kolonaki.
9. Can you drink tap water in Athens?Tap water in Athens is safe to drink, but many people prefer to drink bottled water.
10. What are some lesser-known tourist attractions in Athens?Some of the lesser-known tourist attractions in Athens include:
- The Benaki Museum
- The Museum of Cycladic Art
- The Byzantine and Christian Museum
- The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center
- The Pnyx Hill
- The Ancient Cemetery of Kerameikos
11. What is the dress code in Athens?The dress code in Athens is generally casual, but it’s best to dress appropriately when visiting churches or other religious sites. It’s also important to wear comfortable shoes for walking and exploring the city.
12. What are some day trips from Athens?There are several day trips you can take from Athens, including:
- The ancient city of Delphi
- The Temple of Poseidon at Cape Sounion
- The Corinth Canal
- The island of Aegina
- The ancient city of Mycenae
13. How much time do you need to explore Athens?You can explore the main sights of Athens in 2-3 days. However, if you want to delve deeper and visit lesser-known tourist attractions, you will need more time.
14. What is the weather like in Athens?The weather in Athens is hot and dry in the summer months, with temperatures reaching up to 35°C. The winters are mild, with temperatures averaging around 10-15°C.
15. What is the best way to plan a trip to Athens?The best way to plan a trip to Athens is to do your research and create an itinerary based on your interests and preferences. You can also consult travel guides and websites for recommendations and tips on traveling to Athens.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in AthensAthens, the capital city of Greece, is a destination full of history, culture, and art. With so much to see and do, it is easy to become overwhelmed when planning your trip to Athens. To make the most of your time in this beautiful city, we have put together a step-by-step guide to help you plan your itinerary.
Step 1: Visit the AcropolisNo trip to Athens is complete without a visit to the Acropolis. This ancient citadel sits high atop a rocky outcrop and is visible from almost every corner of the city. The most famous attraction in the Acropolis is the Parthenon, a temple dedicated to the goddess Athena. You will also find several other well-preserved ancient temples, theaters, and buildings within the complex.
Step 2: Explore the Ancient AgoraAfter visiting the Acropolis, head down towards the Ancient Agora. This area was once the commercial and political center of Athens and is now an open-air museum filled with fascinating ruins. Highlights include the Temple of Hephaestus, the Stoa of Attalos, and the Museum of the Ancient Agora.
Step 3: Discover the National Archaeological MuseumThe National Archaeological Museum is the largest archaeological museum in Greece and houses some of the country’s most important ancient artifacts. Here, you will find a fantastic collection of sculptures, pottery, and jewelry dating back to the Neolithic era. Must-see exhibits include the impressive Mask of Agamemnon and the Antikythera mechanism, a 2000-year-old analog computer.
Step 4: Walk around PlakaPlaka is Athens’ oldest neighborhood and is known for its picturesque streets, shops, and tavernas. Take a leisurely stroll around the narrow cobblestone streets, browse the souvenir shops, and stop for a traditional Greek coffee or a glass of ouzo in one of the many charming local cafes.
Step 5: Try the Local CuisineGreek cuisine is known for its fresh ingredients, bold flavors, and simple preparation. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to try some of the local specialties, such as moussaka, tzatziki, and souvlaki. Athens is also famous for its street food, including gyros and koulouri, a type of circular sesame bread.
Step 6: Visit the National GardenEscape the city’s hustle and bustle and visit the Athens National Garden. This beautifully landscaped park covers 38 acres of land right in the heart of the city. Take a leisurely stroll around the park’s paths, admire the colorful flowers, and stop by the small lake for a peaceful break from the noise of the city.
Step 7: Enjoy the Sunset from Lycabettus HillFor the best sunset views in Athens, head to Lycabettus Hill. This 300-meter-high hill offers panoramic views of the city and the Acropolis, making it the perfect spot to watch the sun go down. After enjoying the sunset, you can either take the cable car back down to the city or hike down the hill for a bit of exercise.
Step 8: Take a Day TripIf you have the time, consider taking a day trip from Athens to explore the surrounding areas. One popular option is a trip to the nearby Temple of Poseidon at Cape Sounion, where you can enjoy stunning views of the Aegean Sea. Another option is a visit to the charming town of Nafplio, which is full of Venetian architecture and has a beautiful old town.
Book Your Tour NowIn conclusion, Athens is a city full of history, culture, and beauty. Follow our step-by-step guide to make the most of your time in this fascinating destination. Don’t forget to try the delicious local cuisine, relax in the city’s parks, and enjoy the breathtaking views from Lycabettus Hill. Whether you are a history buff, a foodie, or a nature lover, Athens has something for you.
Table of Contents