How to Plan Your Honda Bay Island Hopping Full-Day Tour in Puerto PrincesaAre you planning a trip to Puerto Princesa and looking for an exciting and memorable activity to add to your itinerary? Look no further than the Honda Bay Island Hopping Full-Day Tour! This tour allows you to experience the beauty of the islands off the coast of Puerto Princesa, including Cowrie Island, Luli Island, and Starfish Island.
Step 1: Book the TourBefore you can start planning your Honda Bay Island Hopping Full-Day Tour, you’ll need to book the tour itself. You can easily do this online through GetYourGuide at book the tour here. The tour includes round trip air-conditioned van transfers, a motorized boat, and entrance fees to the three islands visited on the tour.
Step 2: Prepare for the TourThe Honda Bay Island Hopping Full-Day Tour is a full-day tour, so you’ll want to make sure you’re prepared and packed for the day. You’ll need to bring a few essentials, such as a swimsuit, sunscreen, and a towel. You may also want to bring a change of clothes, a hat or sunglasses, and a waterproof pouch for your phone or camera.
Step 3: Start the TourOn the day of your tour, you’ll be picked up from your hotel at 7:00 am by an air-conditioned van. From there, you’ll be taken to the wharf to start your island hopping adventure. You’ll be given snorkeling gear so you can explore the underwater world and see a variety of sea creatures, such as starfish.
Step 4: Explore Cowrie IslandThe first stop on the tour is Cowrie Island, which is known for its white sand beaches and crystal-clear waters. While here, you can relax on the beach, swim in the water, and even try out some water activities like kayaking.
Step 5: Visit Luli IslandThe second stop on the tour is Luli Island, which is named for its disappearing sandbar. At low tide, you can walk on the sandbar that appears, but at high tide, it disappears into the water. You can also enjoy some water activities, like swimming, snorkeling, or even jumping from a diving board.
Step 6: Experience Starfish IslandThe third and final stop on the tour is Starfish Island, which is named for its abundance of starfish in the water. You’ll be treated to a delicious picnic lunch prepared by your tour guide on this island. While here, you can relax on the beach or continue to explore the underwater world with your snorkeling gear.
Step 7: Return to Your HotelAfter a full day of island hopping and exploring, it’s time to head back to your hotel. You’ll be dropped off at approximately 3:00 pm by the same air-conditioned van that picked you up, so sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride.
Book Your Tour NowThe Honda Bay Island Hopping Full-Day Tour is a must-do activity when visiting Puerto Princesa. With its stunning white sand beaches, crystal-clear waters, and abundance of marine life, it’s a tour that you won’t soon forget. By following these steps, you’ll be fully prepared to make the most of your day on the water. So what are you waiting for? Book your tour today and get ready for an unforgettable adventure in Puerto Princesa!
FAQ: Puerto PrincesaPuerto Princesa is a beautiful city located on the island of Palawan in the Philippines. It is known for its stunning beaches, underground rivers, limestone cliffs, and lush forest reserves. If you’re planning a visit to this city, you may have a few questions in mind. In this FAQ, we’ll answer some of the most commonly asked questions about Puerto Princesa.
1. What is the best time to visit Puerto Princesa?The best time to visit Puerto Princesa is from December to May, which is the dry season. During this time, the weather is warm and sunny, with little to no rainfall. The months of March to May are the hottest, with temperatures reaching up to 35°C. If you prefer cooler weather, it’s best to visit during the months of December to February, when the temperature drops to around 25°C to 28°C. However, if you don’t mind the rain, you can also visit during the rainy season from June to November.
2. How do I get to Puerto Princesa?Puerto Princesa has its own international airport, the Puerto Princesa International Airport. You can catch a direct flight to Puerto Princesa from Manila, Cebu, or other major cities in the Philippines. There are also international flights from Seoul, Busan, and Taipei. Once you arrive at the airport, you can take a taxi or van to your hotel or destination.
3. What are some must-visit tourist spots in Puerto Princesa?Puerto Princesa is home to many beautiful tourist spots. Some of the must-visit spots include:
i. Puerto Princesa Underground RiverThe Puerto Princesa Underground River is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Puerto Princesa. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the New Seven Wonders of Nature. Visitors can take a boat tour of the underground river, which runs for about 8.2 kilometers.
ii. Honda BayHonda Bay is a group of islands located off the coast of Puerto Princesa. It is a popular spot for island hopping, snorkeling, and scuba diving. Some of the islands in Honda Bay include Cowrie Island, Starfish Island, and Luli Island.
iii. Sabang BeachSabang Beach is a beautiful white sand beach located about 80 kilometers from Puerto Princesa. Visitors can enjoy swimming, snorkeling, and sunbathing on the beach. From Sabang Beach, you can also visit the Puerto Princesa Underground River.
iv. Baker’s HillBaker’s Hill is a popular spot for foodies and families. It is a hilltop park with gardens, playgrounds, and restaurants that serve delicious baked goods and local delicacies.
4. Where should I stay in Puerto Princesa?Puerto Princesa has a wide range of accommodation options, from budget hostels to luxury resorts. Some of the recommended places to stay in Puerto Princesa include:
i. Astoria PalawanAstoria Palawan is a luxury resort located in San Rafael, Puerto Princesa. It features spacious rooms with private balconies, a swimming pool, a spa, and a restaurant that serves local and international cuisine.
ii. Hue Hotels and Resorts Puerto PrincesaHue Hotels and Resorts Puerto Princesa is a four-star hotel located in Puerto Princesa City Proper. It features modern rooms, an outdoor pool, a fitness center, and a restaurant that serves international cuisine.
iii. Sunny Beach ResortSunny Beach Resort is a beachfront resort located in Sabang, Puerto Princesa. It features cozy rooms, a swimming pool, a restaurant, and a bar. It’s ideal for travelers who want to be close to the Puerto Princesa Underground River.
5. What are some local delicacies in Puerto Princesa?Puerto Princesa is known for its delicious local delicacies. Some of the must-try dishes include:
i. TamilokTamilok is a type of woodworm that is found in mangrove trees. It is considered a delicacy in Puerto Princesa and is usually eaten raw with vinegar and onions.
ii. KinilawKinilaw is a dish made of raw fish or seafood marinated in vinegar, lime, onions, and chili peppers. It is a popular dish in the Philippines and can be found in many restaurants in Puerto Princesa.
iii. Chicken InasalChicken Inasal is a grilled chicken dish that is marinated in a mixture of calamansi, vinegar, garlic, and annatto oil. It is a popular dish in the Visayas region of the Philippines and can be found in many restaurants in Puerto Princesa. In conclusion, Puerto Princesa is a beautiful city with many tourist spots, delicious local delicacies, and a wide range of accommodation options. Whether you’re traveling solo, with friends, or with family, Puerto Princesa has something to offer for everyone. Make sure to plan your trip ahead of time and enjoy your stay in this charming city.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in Puerto Princesa, PhilippinesPuerto Princesa is a city located in the western province of Palawan in the Philippines. It is known for its natural wonders, such as underground rivers, caves, pristine beaches, and lush forests. The city is a popular tourist destination, attracting visitors from all walks of life. If you’re planning to visit Puerto Princesa, here are some of the best things to do to make the most out of your time in this beautiful place.
1. Explore the Underground RiverOne of the top attractions in Puerto Princesa is the Underground River, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is a navigable river that flows through a cave system that stretches for 8.2 kilometers. Visitors can take a boat tour of the underground river, which takes around 45 minutes to an hour. Inside the cave, you’ll see stunning rock formations, stalactites, and stalagmites.
How to get there:To get to the Underground River, you can take a van or a tricycle from the city center to Sabang Beach. From there, you can ride a boat to the entrance of the cave. It’s best to book your tour in advance to avoid long queues and waiting times.
2. Visit the Honda Bay IslandsHonda Bay is a group of islands located just a few kilometers from the city center of Puerto Princesa. The islands have crystal-clear waters, powdery white sand beaches, and beautiful coral reefs. Some of the top islands to visit in Honda Bay include Pandan Island, Starfish Island, and Snake Island. Visitors can go snorkeling, scuba diving, or just relax on the beach.
How to get there:To go to Honda Bay, you can take a tricycle or a van from the city center to Sta. Lourdes Wharf. From there, you can rent a boat to take you to the different islands in Honda Bay.
3. Go Island Hopping in El NidoEl Nido is a town located about 230 kilometers from Puerto Princesa. It is known for its limestone cliffs, beaches, and coral reefs. One of the best things to do in El Nido is to go island hopping. You can visit different islands, such as Matinloc Island, Helicopter Island, and Secret Beach. You can also go snorkeling or scuba diving to see the colorful marine life.
How to get there:To get to El Nido, you can take a van or a bus from Puerto Princesa. The travel time is around 5-6 hours. Once in El Nido, you can join an island hopping tour, which is usually offered by local tour operators.
4. Visit the Palawan Wildlife Rescue and Conservation CenterThe Palawan Wildlife Rescue and Conservation Center, also known as the Crocodile Farm, is a sanctuary for endangered animals, such as the Philippine crocodile and the Palawan bearcat. Visitors can take a tour of the facility and learn about the conservation efforts being done to preserve the wildlife in Palawan.
How to get there:To go to the Palawan Wildlife Rescue and Conservation Center, you can take a tricycle or a van from the city center to Barangay Irawan, which is where the facility is located.
5. Explore the Nagtabon BeachNagtabon Beach is a secluded beach located about 35 kilometers from the city center. It has clear waters, powdery white sand, and scenic rock formations. Visitors can swim, surf, or just relax on the beach. There are also small restaurants and stores near the beach where you can buy food and souvenirs.
How to get there:To get to Nagtabon Beach, you can take a tricycle or a van from the city center. The travel time is around 1-2 hours.
6. Try the Local CuisinePuerto Princesa is known for its delicious food, particularly its seafood dishes. Some of the must-try dishes include grilled fish, kinilaw (ceviche), and tamilok (woodworm). There are also many restaurants and street food stalls where you can sample other local delicacies, such as chicken inasal, pancit palabok, and halo-halo.
Where to eat:Some of the top restaurants in Puerto Princesa include Kinabuch Grill and Bar, KaLui Restaurant, and Badjao Seafront Restaurant. If you want to try street food, you can visit the Baywalk or the Puerto Princesa Public Market.
Book Your Tour NowThese are just some of the best things to do in Puerto Princesa, Philippines. Whether you’re a nature lover or a foodie, there’s something for everyone in this beautiful city. Don’t forget to bring your camera, sunscreen, and comfortable shoes, and be ready to immerse yourself in the stunning beauty and rich culture of Puerto Princesa.
Table of Contents