How to Plan Your Koh Samui Sunset Tour: Market Visit, Sunset Views & Thai Beach Dinner in Surat Thani Province
Koh Samui is a beautiful island located in Surat Thani Province, Thailand. If you’re planning a trip to Koh Samui and want to make the most of your time there, then you might want to consider taking a Koh Samui Sunset Tour. This tour offers a unique blend of cultural and natural experiences that are sure to provide you with unforgettable memories. In this how-to guide, we’ll show you exactly how to plan your Koh Samui Sunset Tour, so you can enjoy everything this island has to offer.
The Koh Samui Sunset Tour offers a range of experiences that will take you through some of the island’s most notable landmarks and cultural sites. Here are some of the highlights you can expect to experience:
– Stroll through a night market and see vendors selling their produce
– Snap photos at the famous Hin Ta Hin Yai rock formations
– Witnessing a gorgeous sunset view at Laem Sor Pagoda
– Enjoy a traditional Thai dinner on the beach
Your private tour will begin in the late afternoon with pickup from your accommodation. The first stop of the tour is at a local colorful evening market where you will stroll through many kiosks with vendors selling their produce and wares. If you want to do a bit of souvenir or snack shopping, this is the place.
Next up are the Hin Ta Hin Yai rock formations, located near Lamai Beach. They are one of the island’s most famous rock formations. According to local legend, the rocks were once two lovers who drowned at sea and turned into stone. Regardless of the legend, this natural wonder is an incredible sight to behold. You can snap photos of the interesting shapes and take in the glorious views of the sea.
The next stop is the majestic Laem Sor Pagoda. Perched on a rock jutting out to the sea, this gleaming golden pagoda is known for its stunning views of the ocean and the rugged coastline of southern Koh Samui. You will have the chance to witness a beautiful sunset while surrounded by breathtaking views, and take plenty of photographs to remember the moment.
After the sun sets, enjoy a traditional Thai dinner on the beach. This dinner will be served at a nearby restaurant on the beach. You will enjoy a range of Thai dishes while sitting in front of the sea. It’s the perfect way to round out the day and relax after a day of exploring the island.
Booking Your Tour
If you’re interested in booking the Koh Samui Sunset Tour, you can do so easily by visiting the website. The website offers detailed information about the tour, including the itinerary, price, and pickup location. You may also want to read reviews from other customers who have taken the tour to get an idea of what to expect. The tour is offered by a third-party company and is not affiliated with us.
The Koh Samui Sunset Tour is an excellent way to experience the natural beauty of Koh Samui while immersing yourself in local culture. With a well-planned itinerary, you can enjoy a range of experiences in just one day. Whether you’re traveling alone, with family, or with friends, the Koh Samui Sunset Tour is a must-try. With this guide, you now know how to plan your tour and make the most of your time in Surat Thani Province.
Frequently Asked Questions about Surat Thani Province
Surat Thani is a province in southern Thailand known for its beautiful natural landscapes, islands, and temples. Whether you are planning a trip to Surat Thani or considering moving to the province, you might have plenty of questions about the area. In this blog post, we will answer some of the most frequently asked questions about Surat Thani Province.
1. Where is Surat Thani Province located?
Surat Thani Province is located in the southern part of Thailand, about 670 km south of Bangkok. It is a coastal province, bordered by the Gulf of Thailand to the east and the Andaman Sea to the west. The province has a total area of 12,891 km² and comprises 19 districts.
2. What is the climate like in Surat Thani Province?
Surat Thani Province has a tropical climate with high humidity and hot temperatures throughout the year. The province experiences two distinct seasons – a wet season and a dry season. The wet season usually runs from May to October, while the dry season is from November to April. The temperature ranges between 23°C to 33°C throughout the year.
3. What are some of the popular attractions in Surat Thani Province?
Surat Thani Province is known for its natural landscapes, scenic islands, and historical temples. Some of the popular attractions in the province include:
- Khao Sok National Park: A beautiful national park located in the northern part of the province, known for its stunning rainforest, waterfalls, and wildlife.
- Koh Samui: One of the most popular islands in Thailand, located off the coast of Surat Thani. The island is home to luxurious resorts, beautiful beaches and excellent nightlife.
- Wat Phra Yai: A famous temple located on Koh Samui, known for its 12-meter-tall golden Buddha statue.
- Chaweng Beach: A popular beach on Koh Samui, known for its white sand, crystal clear water, and vibrant nightlife.
- Ang Thong Marine National Park: A protected marine park located on the Gulf of Thailand, comprising 42 small islands with abundant wildlife and pristine beaches.
4. What are some of the famous dishes in Surat Thani Province?
Thai cuisine is diverse and flavorful, and Surat Thani is no exception. The province is known for its seafood, coconut-based curries, and spicy salads. Some of the famous dishes in Surat Thani Province include:
- Tom Yam Goong: A spicy soup made with shrimp and an assortment of Thai herbs.
- Massaman Curry: A mild, coconut-based curry with tender chunks of beef, potatoes, and peanuts.
- Green Papaya Salad: A spicy salad made with shredded green papaya, chili, fish sauce, and lime juice, a perfect dish to cool down on a hot day.
- Grilled Fish: Freshly caught fish grilled to perfection and served with chili dipping sauce.
- Coconut Milk Ice Cream: A sweet treat made with coconut milk and served with sticky rice and peanuts.
5. Are there any festivals or events in Surat Thani Province?
Surat Thani Province hosts several events throughout the year, celebrating the province’s culture, religion, and tradition. Some of the most popular festivals in the province include:
- Full Moon Party: Held monthly on Koh Phangan, a neighboring province, the Full Moon Party is an all-night beach party with music, dancing, and fire shows.
- Surat Thani City Pillar Shrine Fair: A religious festival held during the Chinese New Year, the fair celebrates the city’s guardian spirit and attracts people from all over the province.
- Chak Phra Festival: A Buddhist festival held in October, the festival celebrates the end of Buddhist Lent and features colorful processions and boat races.
- Vegetarian Festival: Held in October, the festival is celebrated throughout Thailand, but Surat Thani Province has a unique celebration that attracts many visitors.
6. What are the transportation options in Surat Thani Province?
Surat Thani Province has several transportation options to explore the area. The most common modes of transportation include:
- Taxis: Taxis are available at the airport and throughout the province. Negotiating fares beforehand is recommended.
- Tuk-tuks: Tuk-tuks are a popular way to get around the towns and cities in Surat Thani Province. Negotiating fares beforehand is necessary.
- Buses: Buses are a cheap and convenient way to travel between towns and cities in the province. Several bus companies operate in the provincial area.
- Trains: Trains are an affordable and comfortable way to travel to Surat Thani city from Bangkok or other Thai cities. The train station is located in the city center.
7. What are some of the accommodations available in Surat Thani Province?
Surat Thani Province has a wide range of accommodations to suit any budget or preference. Some of the popular types of accommodations in the province include:
- Hotels and Resorts: Surat Thani has several hotels and resorts, ranging from budget to luxury. The hotels and resorts are located in cities like Surat Thani and the famous islands like Koh Samui and Koh Phangan.
- Gesthouses and Hostels: Backpackers and budget travelers can opt for guesthouses and hostels in Surat Thani Province. These accommodations are inexpensive and have basic amenities.
- Airbnb: Surat Thani Province has several Airbnb hosts that offer apartment rentals and private villas.
- Home-stays: This is a great way to experience Thai culture up-close. Homestay options are scattered throughout the province and offer a unique cultural experience for travelers.
Surat Thani Province is a beautiful coastal province in southern Thailand that offers plenty of attractions, delicious food, and cultural events. With this guide, we hope we have answered some of the frequently asked questions about Surat Thani Province, and you are now ready to explore the province on your own.