How to Plan Your Kotor: Luxury Coast of Montenegro Private TourKotor, a city located in Montenegro, is known for its stunning coastline and rich history. If you’re planning a trip to the Balkans, make sure Kotor is on your list of must-visit destinations. One way to explore Kotor and its surroundings is by booking a private tour with a reputable company. Here’s how to plan your Kotor: Luxury Coast of Montenegro Private Tour.
ExperienceThis tour provides a luxury experience exploring the beautiful Montenegrin coastline. You’ll enjoy a panoramic drive along the coast to Budva, walk the streets of the charming old town, and have a walking tour in the UNESCO site the medieval old town of Kotor.
HighlightsThe highlights of this tour include: 1. Visit Perast and Our Lady of the Rocks island with a church and museum. 2. Enjoy a panoramic drive along the coast to Budva. 3. Walk the streets of the beautiful Mediterranean old town of Budva. 4. Have a walking tour in the UNESCO site the medieval old town of Kotor.
Full DescriptionThe tour lasts for 6 hours and allows visitors to explore the beautiful coastal towns around Kotor. The first stop on the tour is the Baroque town Perast, where you will take a short boat ride to visit a church and a museum on an artificial 15th century islet Our Lady of the Rocks. After that, you will head back to Perast for a short walk and some free time. The next stop is Budva old town, where you’ll enjoy a few photo opportunities, including one above Jaz Beach, one of the most beautiful and popular beaches in the Adriatic. In Budva, you’ll walk the streets of the charming old town and learn about the 3000 years of history of this interesting place. The final stop on this tour is the medieval old town of Kotor, a UNESCO heritage site. You’ll have a walking tour through the cobblestone streets and explore the well-preserved architecture of ancient times.
How to BookBooking this tour is easy- simply visit this link and book the tour here. Make sure to choose a date and time that works best for you. You’ll receive confirmation of your booking via email.
Final ThoughtsKotor is a must-visit destination in Montenegro, and this private tour is a great way to explore the beautiful coastline and charming old towns. Make sure to book this tour in advance to secure your spot and enjoy a luxurious and unforgettable experience.
Frequently Asked Questions About KotorAre you planning a trip to Kotor, Montenegro, and have some questions you would like to be answered? Here are some of the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) about Kotor.
1. What is Kotor?Kotor is a coastal town in Montenegro that has been in existence since the medieval times. It is a walled city located at the end of a fjord-like bay and is considered as one of the best-preserved medieval towns in the Adriatic.
2. What is the best time to visit Kotor?The best time to visit Kotor is during the months of April to October when the weather is warm and dry. The summer months of July and August can be quite crowded with tourists, and the prices of accommodation and flights may go up. If you prefer to avoid crowds, then you should consider visiting in spring or autumn when the weather is still pleasant but the crowds are thinner.
3. How long does it take to explore Kotor?To explore the city of Kotor, you will need at least a day, but two to three days would be ideal to have enough time to see all the major attractions and take part in some of the activities that Kotor offers.
4. What are the top attractions in Kotor?There are plenty of attractions to see in Kotor, including:
a. Kotor Old TownKotor Old Town is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the main attraction in Kotor. It is a walled city with narrow streets and alleys, churches, shops, and restaurants.
b. St. Tryphon CathedralSt. Tryphon Cathedral is a beautiful Roman Catholic cathedral located in the center of Kotor Old Town. It was built in the 12th century and is a perfect example of Romanesque architecture.
c. Maritime MuseumThe Maritime Museum located in Kotor’s old town is an excellent place to learn and see the history of naval life in Montenegro. The museum contains maritime artifacts, old costumes, paintings, and maps.
d. Bay of KotorThe Bay of Kotor is a natural beauty and a must-visit when in Kotor. It is a picturesque landscape, surrounded by mountains and calm waters, making it ideal for sailing, kayaking, or even swimming.
5. What are the best things to do in Kotor?There are plenty of things to do in Kotor, including:
a. Hiking to the Fortress of San GiovanniThe hike up to the Fortress of San Giovanni is one of the best things to do in Kotor. It takes about an hour to hike to the top, but the views from the top are worth it.
b. Sailing in the Bay of KotorThe Bay of Kotor is a perfect place to sail and explore the surrounding area while enjoying the scenic beauty of the landscapes.
c. Cycling along the Bay of KotorCycling along the Bay of Kotor is an excellent way to explore the area while enjoying the beautiful views.
6. How to get to Kotor?Getting to Kotor is easy as there are several ways to reach the city, including:
a. By airThe closest airport to Kotor is Tivat Airport, which is only 7km away. Another option is Podgorica Airport, which is 90km away.
b. By roadKotor is well-connected by roads, and there are several buses that run from neighboring cities and countries like Dubrovnik and Serbia.
c. By seaIf you plan on sailing to Kotor or taking a ferry, then you will arrive at Kotor’s main port.
7. What is the currency used in Kotor, Montenegro?The official currency in Montenegro is the Euro. You can exchange your currency to the Euro at the airport, bank, hotels, or exchange offices, but be careful not to fall victim to currency exchange scams.
8. What is the cuisine like in Kotor, Montenegro?The cuisine is similar to other Balkan dishes but with a seafood twist. Some of the most popular dishes include seafood risotto, fish stews, and grilled fish. There are also plenty of vegetarian options available. In summary, Kotor is a beautiful city with plenty of attractions and activities for visitors to explore. Whether you are interested in history, architecture, nature, or just want to relax and enjoy the beautiful views, Kotor has something for everyone. We hope this FAQ has been helpful in answering some of your questions about Kotor.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in KotorKotor, located in Montenegro, is a popular tourist destination known for its stunning natural beauty, rich history, and UNESCO World Heritage Site Old Town. With a plethora of activities and sights to explore, it can be overwhelming to decide how to spend your time as a tourist in Kotor. In this guide, we’ll break down the best things to do in Kotor so you can make the most out of your trip.
1. Explore Old Town KotorOld Town Kotor, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is a medieval fortress set against a stunning backdrop of mountains and sea. This old town is renowned for its labyrinthine alleys, medieval walls, and ancient buildings that are reminiscent of the Venetian Republic. You can spend hours wandering the narrow, cobbled streets, admiring the stunning architecture, and soaking up the atmosphere of this picturesque town. Some must-see sights in Old Town Kotor include the Clock Tower, the Cathedral of St. Tryphon, the Sea Gate, and the Maritime Museum. Take time to climb the city walls for breathtaking views of the town and its surrounding landscapes. You can also hire local guides or join a tour to gain deeper insights into the town’s history and culture.
2. Visit Lovćen National ParkLovćen National Park is a nature lover’s paradise located just an hour’s drive from Kotor. It’s one of Montenegro’s most visited national parks, offering stunning views of the country’s rugged mountains and natural landscapes. The park is also a place of cultural importance, housing the mausoleum of the Montenegrin national hero, Petar Petrović Njegoš. You can take a day trip to Lovćen National Park to explore its hiking trails, mountainous terrain, and cultural landmarks. The park is home to 1,300 plant species, 200 bird species, and a diverse collection of wildlife, making it a perfect spot for nature enthusiasts.
3. Take a Boat Tour of Boka BayBoka Bay is one of the most beautiful natural harbors in Europe, offering stunning views of the bay’s steep cliffs, crystal-clear waters, and historic settlements. You can take a boat tour of Boka Bay to explore its hidden coves, old churches, and scenic villages. Boat tours can be customized to suit your preferences, ranging from full-day excursions to leisurely half-day trips.
4. Enjoy the BeachesKotor has several stunning beaches, ranging from small and secluded to long and sandy. Some of the most popular beaches in Kotor include Jaz Beach, Mogren Beach, and Plavi Horizonti Beach. These beaches offer crystal-clear waters, stunning views, and an array of water sports activities. You can spend a day on the beach lounging on a sunbed, soaking up the sun, and sipping cocktails. With plenty of restaurants and bars around, you’ll also be able to enjoy delicious local cuisine and refreshing drinks.
5. Go on a Wine TourMontenegro is well known for its wine production, with its vineyards producing some of the best wines in the region. You can join a wine tour to explore the country’s wineries, learn about the wine-making process, and sample some local wines. Some of the best wineries to visit in Kotor include Savina Winery and Plantaze Winery.
6. Climb Mount VrmacIf you’re an adventure enthusiast, then you can’t miss out on climbing Mount Vrmac. This mountain is located just outside of Kotor and offers stunning views of the town and its surrounding landscapes. It’s a beautiful hike that can take around four hours to complete, offering plenty of opportunities to admire the beautiful natural scenery.
7. Take a Day Trip to PerastPerast is a charming town located just a short drive from Kotor. It’s a beautiful town known for its well-preserved architecture, stunning views, and cultural landmarks. You can take a day trip to Perast to explore its narrow streets, visit its historic monuments, and enjoy the beautiful scenery. Some must-see sights in Perast include the Our Lady of the Rocks church, the St. Nicholas church, and the Bujovic Palace. You can also take a boat tour to explore the nearby islands and enjoy a scenic lunch on the water.
Book Your Tour NowKotor is a beautiful destination that offers something for everyone. Whether you’re looking to explore its rich cultural heritage, admire its stunning natural landscapes or simply relax on the beach, Kotor has it all. By following this guide, you’ll be able to make the most of your time in Kotor and create unforgettable memories.
Table of Contents