How to Plan Your Nairobi to Lake Naivasha Day Tour with Crescent IslandIf you’re looking for an exciting day trip from Nairobi, then the Nairobi to Lake Naivasha Day Tour with Crescent Island is definitely worth considering. Not only will you get the chance to enjoy stunning views of the Great Rift Valley, but you’ll also visit the Crescent Island at Lake Naivasha, learn about the Elsa Conservation Trust, and watch the Joy Adamson story. Here’s how to plan your tour for a memorable experience.
ExperienceThis tour provides a unique opportunity to explore the natural beauty that surrounds Nairobi. It’s perfect for those who want to escape from the hustle and bustle of the city for a day and soak up the tranquility and stunning landscape of Lake Naivasha. The tour involves a boat trip to Crescent Island, where you’ll have the opportunity to walk among the wildlife, learn about Elsa the lioness, and enjoy a buffet lunch before heading back to Nairobi.
HighlightsHere are some of the highlights of the tour that you can expect to experience:
Visit the Crescent Island at the Lake NaivashaCrescent Island, located in the middle of Lake Naivasha, is a unique wildlife sanctuary with giraffes, zebras, waterbucks, and more. It’s a perfect place for walking safaris, as you’ll be able to walk among the wildlife, and even get up close to some of the resident animals.
Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the cityThis tour is a wonderful opportunity to escape the busy city and take in the peace and tranquility of nature. You’ll be able to relax and unwind as you take in the stunning views of the Great Rift Valley and Lake Naivasha.
Learn about the Elsa Conservation Trust and The Adamson StoryThe Elsa Conservation Trust is a non-profit organization that aims to conserve Kenya’s wildlife and environment. The Trust is named after Elsa the lioness, who was successfully rehabilitated into the wild by Joy and George Adamson. On the tour, you’ll watch a 40-minute video about the Adamson’s work with Elsa and their conservation efforts in Kenya. You’ll also visit the museum where you can see memorabilia from the movie Born Free, which tells the story of Elsa and the Adamsons.
Full descriptionThe tour departs at 7:00 am from your Nairobi hotel, and the journey to Lake Naivasha takes about an hour and a half. Along the way, you’ll enjoy breathtaking views of the Great Rift Valley and the majestic mountains that surround it. You’ll also have the chance to stop and take photos along the way. Once you arrive at Lake Naivasha, you’ll take a boat trip to Crescent Island, which is located in the middle of the lake. During the one-hour boat trip, you’ll enjoy stunning views of the lake and the surrounding landscape. When you arrive at Crescent Island, you’ll be given a guided walking safari to explore this unique wildlife sanctuary. You’ll have the chance to get up close and personal with giraffes, zebras, and other fascinating animals. After the walking safari, you’ll head back to the mainland, where you’ll enjoy a delicious buffet lunch at Elsamere Gardens. Elsamere Gardens is the former home of Joy and George Adamson and is now a museum dedicated to their work with Elsa and other wildlife. Here, you’ll watch a 40-minute video about the Adamson’s work with Elsa and their conservation efforts in Kenya. You’ll also see memorabilia from the movie Born Free, Joy’s prints of tribal paintings, and other books they wrote translated to different languages, photographs, and some of the awards they won for their conservation efforts. Finally, before heading back to Nairobi, you’ll enjoy a high tea with tea or coffee and a variety of cakes and biscuits.
Booking the TourYou can book the Nairobi to Lake Naivasha Day Tour with Crescent Island online using the following link: book the tour here. The tour includes round-trip transportation from your Nairobi hotel, boat trip to Crescent Island, guided walking safari, buffet lunch, Joy Adamson story, and a high tea.
Book Your Tour NowThe Nairobi to Lake Naivasha Day Tour with Crescent Island is a perfect day trip for anyone who wants to escape the hustle and bustle of Nairobi and enjoy a peaceful day in nature. With breathtaking views of the Great Rift Valley and Lake Naivasha, a boat trip to Crescent Island, a guided walking safari, and more, this tour promises an unforgettable experience. Book the tour today and get ready for an adventure!
Frequently Asked Questions About Nairobi, KenyaIf you’re planning a trip to Kenya or you’re simply interested in learning more about Nairobi, then you might have some questions. Nairobi is known as the “Green City in the Sun,” and it is the capital and largest city in Kenya. It’s an exciting city with a rich culture and important history. Here are some frequently asked questions about Nairobi to help you learn more about this fascinating destination.
1. What’s the best time to visit Nairobi?The best time to visit Nairobi is between January and March or between June and October when the city experiences the most pleasant weather. If you are planning to visit the national parks in Kenya, the best time to go is during the dry season from June to October.
2. How do I get to Nairobi?You can get to Nairobi by flying into Jomo Kenyatta International Airport or Wilson Airport. Nairobi is also accessible by road from Uganda and Tanzania.
3. What is the currency used in Nairobi?The official currency used in Nairobi is the Kenyan shilling. You can exchange your currency at the airport or at banks and hotels in the city.
4. Do I need a visa to visit Nairobi?Yes, you need a visa to visit Nairobi. You can apply for a visa at Kenyan embassies and consulates in your country or online.
5. What language is spoken in Nairobi?Swahili and English are the official languages spoken in Nairobi. However, there are over 50 different ethnic languages spoken throughout Kenya.
6. What is the weather like in Nairobi?Nairobi has a subtropical highland climate, which means it has cool temperatures all year round. The average temperature in Nairobi is around 70°F (21°C), but it can get cooler at night. The rainy seasons are from March to May and from October to December.
7. What are some popular tourist attractions in Nairobi?There are many popular tourist attractions in Nairobi, including:
- The Nairobi National Park, where you can see lions, leopards, and rhinos in their natural habitats
- The Giraffe Centre, where you can feed and interact with giraffes
- The Karen Blixen Museum, which showcases the life and work of the famous author
- The National Museum of Kenya, which features exhibits on the country’s history, wildlife, and culture
8. Is Nairobi safe?While Nairobi has a high crime rate, visitors can avoid danger by taking precautions such as avoiding walking alone at night and staying in well-lit areas. Visitors should also be aware of pickpockets and scams.
9. What should I eat in Nairobi?Kenyan cuisine is diverse and flavorful, with influences from Indian, Swahili, and British cuisine. Some popular dishes to try in Nairobi include:
- Ugali, a type of cornmeal porridge that is served with stews and vegetables
- Chapati, a thin, unleavened flatbread that is often served with curry
- Mandazi, a sweet, fried doughnut-like pastry
- Mukimo, a dish made with mashed potatoes, beans, and maize that is topped with meat or vegetables
10. Can I go on a safari in Nairobi?Yes, you can go on a safari in Nairobi. The Nairobi National Park is the only national park in the world that is located within a major city’s borders. You can take a guided tour of the park and see wildlife like lions, giraffes, and zebras. There are also many other national parks and game reserves located throughout Kenya.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in NairobiIf you are planning to visit Kenya, then Nairobi is definitely a destination you should consider. Nairobi is the capital city of Kenya and is one of the most vibrant cities in East Africa. With so many things to see and do in Nairobi, it can be hard to know where to start. To make things easier for you, we have put together a guide on how to spend your time as a tourist in Nairobi.
1. Visit Nairobi National ParkOne of the unique things about Nairobi is that it is the only city in the world with a natural wildlife park. You can plan a visit to Nairobi National Park, which is just a few minutes away from the city center. Nairobi National Park is home to several animal species, including buffalo, lions, rhinos, zebras, and giraffes. It is a perfect place to have a safari experience without having to leave the city.
2. Explore the Giraffe CentreThe Giraffe Centre is another must-visit place in Nairobi. The center was established in 1979 and is home to the endangered Rothschild’s giraffe. The center offers you an up-close and personal experience with the giraffes, and you can even feed them. While at the center, you can also learn about giraffe conservation efforts in Kenya.
3. Take a Tour of the Karen Blixen MuseumThe Karen Blixen Museum is located in the suburb of Karen and is a popular tourist attraction in Nairobi. Karen Blixen was a Danish author who lived in Kenya from 1914 to 1931. The museum is located on the land where Karen Blixen lived and is a perfect place to learn about her life in Kenya. You can see her house, which has been preserved as it was when she lived there, and also take a walk around the beautiful gardens.
4. Visit the Elephant OrphanageThe David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust is a conservation organization that is dedicated to the protection and preservation of wildlife in Kenya. The Elephant Orphanage is part of the trust and is home to orphaned elephants that have been rescued from different parts of Kenya. You can visit the orphanage and see the elephants playing and being fed. You can also learn about the trust’s conservation efforts.
5. Shop at the Maasai MarketThe Maasai Market is a market that is held in various locations around Nairobi. The market is a great place to buy Kenyan souvenirs, including jewelry, wood carvings, and fabrics. The market is also a perfect place to interact with local artisans and learn about their crafts.
6. Walk in Karura ForestKarura Forest is a large urban forest located in the northern part of Nairobi. The forest is home to several animal species, including monkeys, and is a perfect place to have a nature walk. You can also see the beautiful waterfalls in the forest and visit the Mau Mau caves.
7. Visit the Kenyatta International Conference CentreThe Kenyatta International Conference Centre is a landmark building in Nairobi and is one of the tallest buildings in the city. You can take a lift to the top of the building, which offers a panoramic view of the city. There is also a revolving restaurant on the top floor where you can enjoy a meal while enjoying the spectacular view.
8. Visit the National Museum of KenyaThe National Museum of Kenya is located in Nairobi and is dedicated to the study of Kenyan history, culture, and wildlife. The museum has several galleries, including the human origins gallery, which showcases the evolution of man. The museum also has an art gallery that showcases contemporary Kenyan art.
9. Enjoy the NightlifeNairobi has a vibrant nightlife, and there are several places you can go to enjoy yourself. There are several nightclubs and bars in the city center, including Tribeka, Kiza Lounge, and B-Club. You can also visit the famous Carnivore Restaurant, which is famous for its barbecue meat.
10. Visit the Nairobi GalleryThe Nairobi Gallery is located in the city center and is a perfect place to learn about Kenyan art and culture. The gallery has several exhibitions, including contemporary art, African art, and a collection of photographs.
Book Your Tour NowNairobi is a perfect destination for a tourist looking to experience Africa’s wildlife and culture. With so many things to see and do, you can be assured that you will have a memorable experience in Nairobi. From visiting the Nairobi National Park to enjoying the nightlife, Nairobi has something for everyone.
Table of Contents