How to Plan Your One Day Delhi Tour: A Comprehensive GuideIf you’re short on time but still want to experience the best of New and Old Delhi, the One Day Delhi Tour is the perfect option for you. With a private driver and personalized attention, you can cover many of the city’s top attractions in just one day.
Overview of the One Day Delhi TourThe One Day Delhi Tour is a private tour that covers many of the highlights of Delhi, both in the Old and New parts of the city. The tour includes visits to iconic landmarks like the Red Fort, Jama Masjid, Humayun’s Tomb, and India Gate. Your private driver will pick you up from any location in Delhi and take you on a whirlwind sightseeing tour. The tour is designed to ensure that you get the most out of your day in the city, covering as many attractions as possible.
What’s Included in the TourThe following are included in the One Day Delhi Tour: – Private air-conditioned car with a driver – All transfers, excursions, and sightseeing as per the itinerary – All toll taxes, fuel, and driver’s allowances – GST and all government taxes – Monument entrance and camera fees The following are not included in the tour: – Personal expenses such as telephone calls, laundry, drinks, meals, and tipping – Parking fees
Itinerary for the One Day Delhi TourThe One Day Delhi Tour itinerary is designed to cover as many of the city’s top attractions as possible in just one day. The tour starts at 9:00 AM and ends back at the meeting point. The following are the attractions that you will visit on the One Day Delhi Tour:
Jama MasjidJama Masjid is one of the largest mosques in India and is located in Old Delhi. It was built in the 17th century by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan and can accommodate up to 25,000 worshippers at a time.
Red FortThe Red Fort is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and was the main residence of the Mughal Emperors for almost 200 years. The fort was built in the 17th century by Emperor Shah Jahan and is made of red sandstone.
Chandni ChowkChandni Chowk is one of the oldest and busiest markets in Old Delhi. It is a great place to experience the hustle and bustle of Delhi’s markets and try some local street food.
Raj GhatRaj Ghat is a memorial to Mahatma Gandhi, the father of the nation. It is a peaceful and serene place and a great place to pay your respects to one of India’s greatest leaders.
Humayun’s TombHumayun’s Tomb is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and was built in the 16th century. It is the tomb of Mughal Emperor Humayun and is a great example of Mughal architecture.
India GateIndia Gate is a war memorial located in the heart of New Delhi. It was built in the early 20th century to commemorate Indian soldiers who died in World War I.
Booking the One Day Delhi TourTo book the One Day Delhi Tour, visit the following link: book the tour here. The tour is operated by a third-party company and is subject to availability.
Book Your Tour NowThe One Day Delhi Tour is a great way to experience the best of Delhi if you’re short on time. With a private driver and personalized attention, you can cover many of the city’s top attractions in just one day. Make sure to book the tour in advance to ensure availability and have an unforgettable day in Delhi.
Frequently Asked Questions About New DelhiNew Delhi is a bustling city and the capital of India. It is a popular tourist destination for its rich cultural heritage, historical monuments, and delicious food. However, planning a visit to a new city can be overwhelming, and there may be various questions that come to your mind. Here, we have compiled a list of frequently asked questions about New Delhi to help you plan your trip.
1. What is the best time to visit New Delhi?The best time to visit New Delhi is from November to February when the weather is pleasant, and the temperature ranges from 10°C to 25°C. The city experiences extreme temperatures during the summer months (April to June), with temperatures exceeding 45°C, and the monsoon season (July to September), which makes it difficult to explore the city.
2. How to reach New Delhi?New Delhi is well-connected by air, road, and rail transport. Indira Gandhi International Airport is the main airport in the city and serves both international and domestic flights. The city has several railway stations, including New Delhi Railway station, Old Delhi Railway station, and Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway station. It is also connected by roadways to major cities in India.
3. What are the must-visit tourist attractions in New Delhi?New Delhi is home to some of the iconic tourist attractions that include:
- Red Fort
- Humayun’s Tomb
- Qutub Minar
- Lotus Temple
- Akshardham Temple
- India Gate
- Jama Masjid
- Rashtrapati Bhavan
4. How to arrange transportation within the city?The most convenient way to explore the city is by hiring a taxi, cab or auto-rickshaw. The city also has a metro rail service that is well-connected and provides a cost-effective and convenient option for travellers.
5. What are some of the best places to shop in New Delhi?New Delhi is a shopper’s paradise, and there are several markets and shopping centres that offer a variety of products such as handicrafts, jewellery, clothes, and accessories. Some of the popular shopping destinations in the city include:
- Connaught Place
- Chandni Chowk
- Sarojini Nagar Market
- Lajpat Nagar Market
- Khan Market
6. What is the cuisine of New Delhi?New Delhi is famous for its diverse cuisine, which includes Mughlai, Punjabi, and street food. Some of the popular dishes that you must try include:
- Butter Chicken
- Chole Bhature
7. What are the best accommodations options in New Delhi?New Delhi has many accommodation options that cater to different budgets and preferences. From luxury hotels to guesthouses and hostels, there are plenty of choices available. Some of the popular hotels in the city include:
- Taj Mahal Hotel
- The Leela Palace
- The Lalit
- The Metropolitan Hotel
- Shangri-La’s Eros Hotel
8. What are the safety measures to keep in mind while travelling in New Delhi?Like any other city, it is essential to take certain precautions while travelling in New Delhi. Some of the safety measures that you can take to ensure a safe trip include:
- Avoid travelling alone at night
- Keep your valuables safe
- Avoid flashing your cash
- Use authorized taxi services
- Be aware of your surroundings
9. What is the culture and customs of New Delhi?New Delhi is a multicultural city and has a diverse population. The people are friendly and welcoming. The city has a rich cultural heritage, and the customs and traditions of the city are influenced by Hindu, Mughal, and British cultures. It is essential to respect the cultural norms and customs of the city while visiting.
10. What are the festivals celebrated in New Delhi?New Delhi celebrates many festivals throughout the year. Some of the popular festivals include:
- Raksha Bandhan
- Republic Day
Book Your Tour NowNew Delhi is a fascinating city with a rich history and culture. We hope this FAQ has provided you with helpful insights and tips to plan your trip to the city. Remember to keep safety in mind, respect the culture and traditions, and enjoy exploring this vibrant city.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in New DelhiNew Delhi is a bustling capital city of India that is rich in culture, history, and diversity. As a tourist, you will find that there are many things to see and do in this vibrant city. From historical monuments to high-end malls, there is something for everyone in New Delhi. Here’s a guide on how to make the most of your time in the capital city.
1. Visit Historical MonumentsNew Delhi has been the capital city of India for centuries and is known for its rich history and cultural heritage. There are several historical monuments that you must visit when in the city. Some of the top attractions are:
a. Red FortThe Red Fort is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and was the main residence of the Mughal Emperors for almost 200 years. The fort’s stunning architecture and intricate carvings are a must-see for any tourist visiting New Delhi. There is also a light and sound show held in the evenings, which is an amazing experience.
b. India GateIndia Gate is a popular attraction that was built to commemorate the Indian soldiers who died in World War I. It is a 42-meter-high archway made of sandstone, and its stunning design is a must-see for any tourist visiting New Delhi. This monument is especially beautiful when lit up at night.
c. Qutub MinarQutub Minar is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is the world’s tallest brick minaret, standing at 73 meters tall. The tower’s intricate carvings and design are a testament to the skilled workmanship of the Mughal era.
2. Explore Local MarketsNew Delhi is famous for its markets, and exploring them can be a fun and unique experience. Some of the top markets in the city are:
a. Chandni ChowkChandni Chowk is a popular market that has been in existence for more than three centuries. This market is a hub for textiles, jewelry, spices, and street food. It is the perfect place to experience the hustle and bustle of the city and get a glimpse of the local culture.
b. Dilli HaatDilli Haat is a traditional marketplace that showcases art and handicrafts from various parts of India. It is the perfect place to buy souvenirs and gifts for your loved ones back home.
3. Try Local CuisineNew Delhi is known for its mouth-watering street food and culinary delights. There are several dishes that you must try when visiting the city. Here are some of the top ones:
a. Chole BhatureChole Bhature is a popular street food that consists of spicy chickpeas (chole) served with fried bread (bhature). This dish is hearty and filling and is a must-try for any food lover visiting New Delhi.
b. Butter ChickenButter Chicken is a popular dish that originated in New Delhi. It consists of chicken cooked in a creamy tomato-based sauce and is served with naan bread. This dish is the perfect blend of spices and flavors and is a favorite among locals and tourists alike.
c. LassiLassi is a traditional Indian drink made of yogurt, milk, and sugar. It is the perfect drink to beat the heat during the hot summer months in New Delhi.
4. Visit Museums and GalleriesNew Delhi has several museums and galleries that showcase the city’s rich cultural heritage. Here are some of the top ones:
a. National MuseumThe National Museum is home to thousands of artifacts that showcase India’s rich history and cultural heritage. It is a must-visit for any history buff visiting New Delhi.
b. National Gallery of Modern ArtThe National Gallery of Modern Art is home to some of the best modern art collections in the country. It is a must-visit for any art lover visiting New Delhi.
5. Relax and UnwindNew Delhi can be a chaotic and overwhelming city at times, and it is essential to take some time to relax and unwind. Here are some of the best spas and gardens in the city:
a. Lodhi GardenLodhi Garden is a beautiful park with stunning monuments and lush greenery. It is the perfect place to take a leisurely stroll and relax amid the chaos of the city.
b. The Imperial SpaThe Imperial Spa is one of the best spas in New Delhi and is the perfect place to unwind after a long day of sightseeing. The spa offers a wide range of treatments, and the relaxing ambiance is sure to rejuvenate you.
c. Amatrra SpaAmatrra Spa is a luxury spa that offers a wide range of treatments that are inspired by ancient Indian therapies. The spa’s serene atmosphere and skilled therapists make it the perfect place to pamper yourself. In conclusion, New Delhi is a city that has something to offer for everyone. From historical monuments to local markets and exquisite cuisine, tourists visiting the city will have a memorable experience. Make sure to plan your itinerary in advance and make the most of your time in this beautiful capital city.
Table of Contents