How to Plan Your One Day Tour to Abu Simbel from Cairo via Aswan
Are you interested in exploring the stunning temples of Abu Simbel in Egypt but short on time? Viator has the perfect one-day tour package that will take you from Cairo to Aswan by plane, followed by a private transfer to Abu Simbel. Here’s how you can plan your one day tour to Abu Simbel from Cairo via Aswan with Viator.
Overview of the Tour Package
This one-day tour package to Abu Simbel from Cairo via Aswan is ideal for those who want to explore the ancient temples of Abu Simbel in a short amount of time. The tour package is offered by Viator, a third-party company, and includes airport pickup and drop-off transfers, all transfers by private air-conditioned vehicles, entry fees, and an experienced tour guide.
What’s Included in the Tour
The one-day tour to Abu Simbel includes the following:
- All Airport pickup and drop-off transfers
- All transfers by private air-conditioned vehicles
- Entry Fees
- Experienced Tour Guide
Personal Items and Optional Activities
You are responsible for bringing your personal items such as cameras, sunscreen, and hats. You may also want to bring additional cash on the tour for optional activities.
Tipping is not included in the tour price. It is customary to give a tip to your tour guide and driver if you are satisfied with their services.
Meeting and Pickup Points
You can head directly to your preferred meeting point or request a pickup from your hotel. The tour guide will be waiting in the lobby of your hotel, holding a sign with your name on it as per the requested time.
What to Expect
This tour package includes flights from Cairo to Aswan and a private transfer to Abu Simbel to explore the temples. Once you reach the temples, you will explore them with an experienced tour guide. The tour package includes all entry fees.
Cancellation Policy: You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund. For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start date.
This tour package is not wheelchair accessible and not recommended for pregnant travelers, visitors with heart problems, or other serious medical conditions. Most travelers can participate in this tour package.
Booking the Tour
Ready to book your one-day tour to Abu Simbel from Cairo via Aswan with Viator? Click here to book the tour now!
In summary, if you’re short on time but still want to explore the ancient temples of Abu Simbel, then the one-day tour package from Cairo via Aswan with Viator is the perfect choice for you. You can enjoy the tour without worrying about the logistics and fees. Book your tour today and experience the wonder and beauty of Abu Simbel in just one day.
An Insider’s Guide to Cairo
Cairo, also known as the ‘City of a Thousand Minarets’, is the capital city of Egypt and one of the oldest cities in the world. It has a rich history that dates back to ancient times and is home to several world-renowned attractions such as the Pyramids of Giza and the Egyptian Museum. In this insider’s guide, we’ll explore the must-visit attractions, dining spots, cultural experiences, local history, and off-the-beaten-path suggestions that make Cairo a truly special destination.
1. Pyramids of Giza: Let’s start with the most iconic attraction in Cairo; the Pyramids of Giza. Located on the outskirts of the city, these massive structures are a testament to the engineering skills of the ancient Egyptians. Visitors can take a camel ride around the pyramids or even take a tour inside one of them.
2. Egyptian Museum: If you’re interested in ancient history, the Egyptian Museum is a must-visit attraction. It houses over 120,000 artifacts, including the famous Tutankhamun collection.
3. Khan el-Khalili Bazaar: For a unique shopping experience, visit the Khan el-Khalili Bazaar. This sprawling marketplace is filled with vendors selling everything from handcrafted jewelry to spices and textiles.
4. Salah El-Din Citadel: This medieval fortress, built in the 12th century, sits atop a hill overlooking Cairo. It offers stunning views of the city and is home to several museums and mosques.
1. Felfela: Established in 1959, Felfela is a classic Cairo restaurant that serves traditional Egyptian dishes such as koshari and ful medames in a lively, bustling atmosphere.
2. Abou El Sid: Abou El Sid is famous for its Egyptian comfort food, including slow-cooked stews and roasted meats. They also offer a range of vegetarian options.
3. Kazaz: Kazaz is a dessert café that specializes in Egyptian sweets such as baklava and konafa. It’s the perfect spot to indulge in some after-dinner treats.
1. Nile River Cruise: A Nile River cruise is a great way to see Cairo from a different perspective. Many companies offer dinner cruises that include a traditional Egyptian meal and live entertainment.
2. Al-Tannoura Egyptian Heritage Dance Troupe: This dance troupe performs a traditional Egyptian dance called the al-tannoura. The dance is said to have originated from the whirling dervishes of Turkey and is a mesmerizing spectacle.
3. Islamic Cairo: Take a walk through Islamic Cairo to discover the city’s rich Islamic heritage. The area is home to several historic mosques and madrasas, including the Al-Azhar Mosque and the Al-Hakim Mosque.
1. Cairo Tower: At 187 meters tall, the Cairo Tower is one of the tallest structures in Cairo. It was built in 1961 and offers incredible views of the city.
2. Coptic Cairo: Coptic Cairo is a neighborhood that is home to several historic Coptic Christian churches. The area has been inhabited for over 2,000 years, and many of the structures date back to the Roman and Byzantine eras.
1. Mokattam Hills: The Mokattam Hills offer stunning views of Cairo and are a popular spot for hiking and picnicking. They’re also home to the Cave Church, a Coptic Christian church built inside a mountain cave.
2. Street Art in Downtown Cairo: Downtown Cairo is home to some incredible street art. Take a walk through the streets to discover murals and graffiti by local artists.
3. Darb 1718: Darb 1718 is a contemporary arts and culture center in Old Cairo. It hosts a range of events, including art exhibitions, music concerts, and film screenings.
Table of Contents