How to Plan Your Private Budva and Sveti Stefan Van TourWhen visiting Montenegro, one cannot miss the stunning beauty of Budva and Sveti Stefan. If you are planning a trip to Kotor, take the opportunity to visit these two picturesque towns by booking the Private Budva and Sveti Stefan Van Tour. In this how-to guide, we will provide you with all the necessary information you need to plan your own magical journey.
ExperienceThe Private Budva and Sveti Stefan Van Tour is a four-hour experience that offers you the chance to explore two of the most beautiful coastal towns in Montenegro.
HighlightsHere are some of the highlights you can expect to experience during your tour: – Marvel at the stunning views of Budva from afar and up close. The city is known as the “bride of the Adriatic” due to its unique charm and beauty. – Admire the famous Sveti Stefan island hotel, a stunning luxury resort located on a small island that is connected to the mainland by a causeway. – Meet Sveti Stefan, a small medieval town that boasts narrow winding streets, quaint boutiques, and breathtaking coastal views.
Full DescriptionYour tour will start with a comfortable ride from Kotor to Budva. On the way, you will have a photo break to see Budva from afar. As you approach the city, you will admire her beauty up close. Budva is the capital of Montenegrin tourism and the most popular tourist destination in the country. The old city center is situated on a small peninsula and its narrow winding streets hide a multitude of historic buildings, churches, and small squares that will delight you. Among the most interesting monuments here are the Church of St. John from the 7th century, St. Mary of Punt from 8th century, and the Church of St. Sava from the 12th century. The medieval city fortress is called the Citadel and right next to it is the picturesque Church of the Holy Trinity built-in 1804. In your free time in Budva, you can drink a coffee on the famous beach or wander around the many shops and boutiques that are scattered throughout the old town. Next, the tour continues with a short but beautiful ride along the coast to reach the luxurious Sveti Stefan island. This island is only accessible by causeway and has been converted into an exclusive resort that promises a glimpse into the life of luxury. You will have a chance to admire Sveti Stefan from a distance or take a closer look and discover the unique charm of this medieval town that is now turned into a high-end resort. After a visit to Sveti Stefan, your Private Budva and Sveti Stefan Van Tour will come to an end as you make your way back to Kotor.
Booking Your TourBooking your tour is easy, and you can secure your spot by visiting https://www.getyourguide.com/activity/-t446106?partner_id=UWJ1LS2. The tour is run by a third-party company and provides a knowledgeable guide-driver to enhance your experience. Booking in advance is recommended to avoid disappointment.
Book Your Tour NowWhen planning your itinerary for Kotor, be sure to book the Private Budva and Sveti Stefan Van Tour to experience the stunning beauty of Montenegro’s coast. With so much to see and do, Montenegro’s old town of Budva and the luxurious island town of Sveti Stefan will provide you with an unforgettable journey. This tour will give you a taste of the Adriatic’s coastal beauty and a glimpse of Montenegrin history and culture. Don’t miss out on this extraordinary journey and book the tour here!
Frequently Asked Questions about Sveti Stefan
1. What is Sveti Stefan?Sveti Stefan is a small coastal town located in Montenegro, in southeastern Europe. It is best known for its unique island-hotel, which is situated on a tiny islet connected to the mainland by a narrow causeway. This town has been recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage site due to its long and storied history and stunning natural beauty.
2. How do I get to Sveti Stefan?The easiest way to get to Sveti Stefan is by flying into Podgorica or Tivat airport, both of which are within 1 hour’s drive from the town. From there, you can take a taxi or rent a car to get to Sveti Stefan. Alternatively, you can take a bus from major cities such as Budva, Kotor or Podgorica.
3. What kind of weather can I expect in Sveti Stefan?Sveti Stefan experiences a Mediterranean climate, which means it has hot, dry summers and mild, rainy winters. The best time to visit Sveti Stefan is from May to September, when the weather is warm and sunny, and the sea is ideal for swimming.
4. What are the top things to see and do in Sveti Stefan?Sveti Stefan is a small town, but it offers plenty of things to see and do, including: -Visit the island-hotel -Explore the historic town of Cetinje -Swim in the crystal-clear waters of the Adriatic Sea -Take a hike in the nearby mountains -Visit the Skadar Lake National Park -Enjoy the nightlife in nearby Budva
5. Is Sveti Stefan a family-friendly destination?Yes, Sveti Stefan is a great destination for families, because it offers a range of activities that are perfect for all ages. For example, families can enjoy swimming, hiking, cycling, boating, sightseeing, and more. Moreover a lot of apartments, hotels and villas are designed to accommodate families with children.
6. What are the best restaurants in Sveti Stefan?There are several great restaurants in Sveti Stefan that serve traditional Montenegrin cuisine, as well as international dishes. Some of the best restaurants in Sveti Stefan include Olive Restaurant, Nobu Restaurant, Konoba Badanj, and Restaurant Conte.
7. Can I find luxury accommodations in Sveti Stefan?Yes, Sveti Stefan is known for its luxurious accommodations, such as the Aman Sveti Stefan, which is one of the most famous hotel resorts on the Adriatic Coast. In addition, there are several other upscale hotels, villas, and apartments in the town, which offer a range of amenities such as swimming pools, spas, gourmet dining options, and more.
8. Is it safe to travel to Sveti Stefan?Yes, Sveti Stefan is generally considered to be a safe destination for travelers. However, like any other tourist destination, visitors should take normal precautions, such as not leaving valuables unattended and being aware of their surroundings while exploring the town.
9. What are the customs and traditions of Sveti Stefan?Sveti Stefan is a town that is proud of its traditions and culture, and visitors can expect to see various religious and cultural festivals throughout the year. The most important cultural event in Sveti Stefan is the celebration of the town’s saint day, which is held on August 2nd. During this festival, locals and visitors alike can enjoy traditional music, dance, food, and crafts.
10. What is the currency used in Sveti Stefan?Montenegro’s official currency is the euro (EUR), which is accepted throughout the country, including in Sveti Stefan. Visitors can exchange currency at banks or exchange offices, and most hotels and restaurants also accept credit cards. It is always recommended to carry cash with you for small expenses or in case of emergency.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in Sveti StefanIf you’re looking for a beautiful, peaceful and historic destination for your next vacation, look no further than Sveti Stefan in Montenegro. Sveti Stefan is a small island located off the Adriatic coast of Montenegro, with scenic views of the sea and an abundance of beautiful beaches. There are plenty of things to do in Sveti Stefan, including historic sights, beautiful beaches, and delicious food.
1. Take a Tour of the Historic TownSveti Stefan is an ancient town with a rich history that dates back to the 15th century. The town has beautiful architecture and is well-preserved, making it one of Montenegro’s most popular tourist destinations. A guided tour of the town is an excellent way to learn about the town’s history and see some of its most famous landmarks, including the Church of Sveti Stefan and the town square.
2. Visit the BeachesSveti Stefan is located on the Adriatic coast, and it is surrounded by stunning beaches. One of the most famous beaches is the Queen’s Beach, which is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. The beach is clean, and the water is exceptionally clear, making it the perfect place to swim or sunbathe. Other beautiful beaches in the vicinity are Milocer Beach, Drobni Pijesak Beach and Kamenovo Beach.
3. Try Montenegrin CuisineMontenegro is known for its delicious cuisine, which blends Balkan and Mediterranean influences. There are plenty of restaurants in Sveti Stefan where you can try local specialities such as cevapi, burek, and ajvar. The seafood in Sveti Stefan is also excellent, and you can enjoy fresh fish, calamari, and other seafood dishes at many of the restaurants in the town.
4. Go HikingAround Sveti Stefan, there are several beautiful nature trails that you can hike to enjoy the beautiful view of the sea and forests. The Vrmac Ridge Trail and the Pastrovacka Gora Mountain are just some of the hiking locations with beautiful scenic views.
5. Enjoy the NightlifeSveti Stefan is not known for its party scene, but there are enough bars and clubs in the town and its surrounding areas to have a great time. Some of the best places to go to at night are the beach bars, where you can relax with a drink while enjoying the beautiful setting sun.
6. Take a Day Trip to Other Places nearbyThere are plenty of other beautiful destinations near Sveti Stefan that you can visit on a day trip. Some of these locations are Budva, Kotor, and Perast. Budva is a beautiful city dating back to ancient times, while Kotor is known for its beautiful churches, museums, and beautiful squares. Perast is also an exciting place to visit, with stunning coastal scenery, including beautiful views of the Bay of Kotor.
7. Go ShoppingSveti Stefan is not known for its shopping, but that doesn’t mean you can’t find a lot of beautiful things to buy. The town has several local shops where you can buy souvenirs, handmade crafts, and Montenegrin specialities such as regional handicrafts, honey, and traditional Montenegrin products.
Book Your Tour NowSveti Stefan is an enchanting place to visit, with an abundance of beautiful beaches, historic landmarks, and other exciting things to do. Whether you’re looking to learn about the town’s history, relax on the beach, or enjoy some Montenegrin cuisine, there is something for everyone in Sveti Stefan. So, next time you plan a vacation, consider Sveti Stefan for an unforgettable travel experience.
Table of Contents