How to Plan Your Private Tour to Khor Virap, Garni, Geghard & Lake Sevan in YerevanAre you planning a trip to Yerevan and looking for an exciting tour to explore its historic landmarks? Look no further, as this private tour to Khor Virap, Garni, Geghard, and Lake Sevan offers an unforgettable adventure in Armenia. Experience: This private tour offers the perfect opportunity to explore the most significant historic landmarks in Armenia in just one day. The tour starts with a visit to the iconic Khor Virap Monastery, which is located about an hour’s drive from the capital city of Yerevan. This monastery offers the closest spot to experience the fascinating views of Mount Ararat, Armenia’s most defining symbol. Next, the tour takes you to the Pegan Temple of Garni, the only standing Greco-Roman temple in Armenia. You will also explore the Geghard Monastery, where you can see stunning medieval architecture and learn about Armenian history. The last stop of the tour is at Lake Sevan, which is one of the largest freshwater high-altitude lakes in Eurasia. Highlights:
- Experience the stunning views of Mount Ararat from the closest spot
- Visit the Pegan Temple of Garni, the only standing Greco-Roman temple in Armenia
- Explore the Geghard Monastery which is rich in history and medieval architecture
- Go to Lake Sevan, one of the largest freshwater high-altitude lakes in Eurasia
FAQ About Yerevan: The Capital of Armenia
Yerevan is a beautiful city with a rich cultural heritage and an extensive history. As the capital of Armenia, it attracts visitors from all around the world. If you’re planning a trip to Yerevan, it’s natural that you may have questions about the city. Here, we’ve compiled a detailed FAQ about Yerevan to help you plan your visit better!
1. What is Yerevan’s weather like?
Yerevan is located in a dry, semi-arid climate. The city experiences hot summers and cold, snowy winters. Summer is the busiest tourist season, with temperatures that may rise above 35°C, while winter is generally milder, with average temperatures around -5°C. Spring and autumn can be the best time to visit, with pleasant weather and fewer crowds.
2. What is the best way to get around Yerevan?
Yerevan has an extensive public transport system, including buses, minibusses (known as marshrutkas), and a metro system. Taxis are also widely available, with reasonable fares. Walking is another great option; the city is quite compact and walkable, and you can get to most of the city’s attractions on foot.
3. What are some must-visit attractions in Yerevan?
There are plenty of attractions to visit in Yerevan, here are some must-visit places:
- Republic Square: A large, open square in the city center, surrounded by pink and white buildings.
- Mother Armenia Statue and Military Museum: A statue that symbolizes the victory of the Soviet Union over Nazi Germany in World War II
- Cascade Complex: A modern art museum with stunning views of Yerevan from the outdoor terraces
- Matenadaran: A museum and research institution dedicated to Armenian manuscripts and books
- Garni Temple and Geghard Monastery Complex: Two UNESCO World Heritage Sites located near the city
4. What are some traditional Armenian dishes to try in Yerevan?
Armenian cuisine is diverse, delicious, and heavily influenced by the country’s history and geography. Some Armenian dishes to try in Yerevan are:
- Khorovats (Armenian BBQ): A staple Armenian dish made with marinated meat, usually pork or beef, grilled over an open fire
- Lavash: A soft and thin unleavened flatbread baked in a tandoor oven. It’s usually served with meals to wrap meat or cheese, or to make wraps
- Khash: A traditional Armenian soup made with cow’s feet, onions, and garlic. It’s usually eaten with lavash and vodka in the morning.
- Tolma: A stuffed grape leaf dish filled with minced meat and rice
- Bakhlava: A sweet pastry made of layers of phyllo dough, nuts, and honey syrup
5. Can I travel to Yerevan now?
Currently, Armenia is open to travelers from certain countries, and travel restrictions are subject to change based on the situation. Before planning your trip, it’s essential to check for the latest entry requirements and travel advisories from your country’s embassy or consulate in Armenia.
6. What should I know about Yerevan’s culture?
Armenia has a rich cultural heritage, with influences from its ancient history and neighboring countries. Armenians are hospitable and friendly, and visitors are often treated with warmth and respect. The official language of Armenia is Armenian, and most Armenians speak Russian and English as well. As a predominantly Orthodox Christian country, you’ll find many Armenian churches and cathedrals in Yerevan, and religion plays a significant role in the country’s culture.
Book Your Tour Now
Yerevan is a fascinating city with a rich cultural heritage, delicious cuisine, and several attractions. We hope this FAQ has helped you plan your visit to Yerevan better!
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in YerevanYerevan, the capital city of Armenia, is an extraordinary place that’s often overlooked by tourists. With its rich history, spectacular landmarks, and stunning landscape, the city has a lot to offer to visitors. In this post, we’ll take a look at how you can make the most out of your time in Yerevan by exploring some of its must-see attractions, engaging in exciting activities, indulging in delicious meals, and discovering some hidden gems.
1. Visit the Iconic Yerevan Cascade ComplexThe Yerevan Cascade Complex is one of the most recognizable landmarks in the city. It’s a giant stairway consisting of 572 steps that lead up to the top of a hill overlooking the city. Along the way, you’ll find several beautiful sculptures and fountains, as well as plenty of spots to take in the stunning views of the city.
2. Explore the Rich History at the Armenian Genocide Memorial ComplexThe Armenian Genocide Memorial Complex is a somber and heartbreaking monument that serves as a tribute to the victims of the Armenian Genocide that took place in the early 20th century. The complex includes a museum that houses a collection of exhibits, photographs, and personal testimonies from survivors of the tragedy.
3. Marvel at the Beauty of the Geghard MonasteryThe Geghard Monastery is a breathtakingly beautiful UNESCO World Heritage Site that’s located just a short drive from Yerevan. The monastery was built into the side of a cliff and features stunning carvings and intricate stone masonry. The surrounding area is also home to gorgeous natural scenery, making it the perfect place for a leisurely afternoon stroll.
4. Indulge in Delicious Armenian CuisineArmenian cuisine is among the most delicious and unique in the world, and Yerevan is no exception. Some popular dishes that you must try while in the city include dolma, a dish made of stuffed grape leaves; khorovats, grilled skewered meats; and lavash, a thin and chewy bread that’s a staple in Armenian cuisine.
5. Discover Hidden Gems at the Vernissage MarketThe Vernissage Market is a bustling open-air market that’s a treasure trove of unique and one-of-a-kind items. Here you’ll find everything from traditional Armenian crafts and souvenirs to handmade jewelry and vintage clothing. The market is open every day except Mondays, and it’s the perfect place to pick up some mementos of your time in Yerevan.
6. Get Active at the Lake SevanLake Sevan is a vast and stunning body of water that’s located just a short drive from Yerevan. Here visitors can enjoy a range of outdoor activities such as swimming, kayaking, fishing, and hiking the surrounding hills. The lake is also home to several historic monasteries, making it a perfect place for history and nature lovers.
7. Experience an Authentic Armenian Church ServiceArmenia is a predominantly Christian country, and its churches are some of the oldest and most beautiful in the world. While in Yerevan, attend an authentic Armenian church service at one of the many churches located throughout the city. Not only will this give you an opportunity to experience the city’s rich religious and cultural history, but you’ll also get to witness some breathtakingly beautiful architecture.
Book Your Tour NowAs you can see, Yerevan is a city that’s full of wonder and opportunity for the adventurous traveler. By visiting some of its iconic landmarks, indulging in its delicious cuisine, and venturing off the beaten path to discover some hidden gems, you can make the most out of your time in this beautiful city. Whether you’re a history buff, nature lover, or foodie, there’s something for everyone in Yerevan.
Table of Contents