How to Plan Your Samui: Angthong National Marine Park Day Trip by SpeedboatLooking for an adventure that combines crystal-clear waters, white-sand beaches, and breathtaking panoramic views? Then you must take the Samui: Angthong National Marine Park Day Trip by Speedboat in Surat Thani Province. Witness the beauty of the marine park while snorkeling, kayaking, and swimming in the crystal-clear water. Discover the ocean life by snorkeling at Koh Wao or Koh Tay Plow, enjoy a light breakfast and Thai buffet lunch, and hike to the top of the island for breathtaking panoramic views of the marine park. Here is how to plan your perfect Samui: Angthong National Marine Park Day Trip by Speedboat:
ExperienceVenture out on a day trip to the Angthong National Marine Park and discover 42 islands of limestone cliffs, white sand beaches, and pristine waters. Snorkel at Koh Wao or Koh Tay Plow, take a boat tour around the Emerald Lagoon, and hike to the top of the island for panoramic views of the marine park.
HighlightsThe tour includes a wide range of exciting activities, including:
- Explore the breathtaking Angthong National Marine Park
- Experience the beautiful panorama view of Angthong Marine Park over the Emerald Lagoon
- Discover the ocean life by snorkeling at Koh Wao or Koh Tay Plow
- Enjoy a light breakfast and Thai buffet lunch
- Hike to the top of the island for breathtaking panoramic views of Angthong Marine Park
Full DescriptionBegin your tour by being picked up from your accommodation on Samui Island and enjoy a scenic ride by air-conditioned minivan. Transfer to the speedboat and head to your first stop at Koh Wao or Koh Tay Plow, where you can snorkel and discover the vibrant world beneath the waves. Continue to the Emerald Lagoon known as Talay Nai and learn about the area from your expert guide. Admire the dramatic views of the cliffs that surround this saltwater lake. After enjoying the Emerald Lagoon, indulge in a delicious Thai buffet lunch with fresh seasonal fruits at a nearby restaurant. Then, hike to the top of the island for breathtaking panoramic views of Angthong Marine Park. Swim or snorkel in crystal-clear waters, relax on the white-sand beach, or embark on a kayaking tour around the Emerald Lagoon.
- Air-conditioned minivan transfer to and from Samui Island
- Speedboat ride
- Light breakfast
- Thai buffet lunch
- Fresh seasonal fruits
- Duration: 9 hours
- Departure time: 8:00 AM
- Departure location: Your accommodation on Samui Island
- Return location: Your accommodation on Samui Island
- Price: From $79.25 per person
BookingTo book the Samui: Angthong National Marine Park Day Trip by Speedboat, book the tour here. Don’t miss out on this exciting adventure in Surat Thani Province, book your tour now and experience the beauty of Angthong National Marine Park like never before.
FAQ about Surat Thani Province
1. What is Surat Thani Province?Surat Thani Province is one of the 77 provinces of Thailand. It is in the southern part of the country, situated on the main land on the east coast of the Gulf of Thailand. The capital of the province is Surat Thani City, which is located about 651 km from Bangkok. The province is known for its beautiful beaches, breathtaking landscapes, and cultural attractions.
2. What are the major attractions in the province?Surat Thani Province is home to several tourist attractions, both natural and cultural. Some of the popular ones include:
2.1 Ang Thong National Marine ParkAng Thong National Marine Park is a cluster of 42 islands located in the Gulf of Thailand. The park is known for its beautiful beaches, clear blue waters, and rich marine life. Visitors can indulge in activities like snorkeling, diving, kayaking, and hiking.
2.2 Khao Sok National ParkKhao Sok National Park is a vast nature reserve with dense rainforests, beautiful waterfalls, and limestone cliffs. It is home to several species of wildlife, including elephants, tigers, and gibbons. Visitors can explore the park on foot, on elephant back, or by boat.
2.3 Wat Phra That Hin MuangWat Phra That Hin Muang is an ancient temple located in the Tapi River Basin. It is known for its intricate designs, beautiful carvings, and unique architecture. The temple is an important pilgrimage site for Buddhists in the region.
2.4 Khao Luang National ParkKhao Luang National Park is a natural mountainous area located in the province. The park is home to several beautiful waterfalls, caves, and mountain peaks. It is an ideal place for trekking, camping, and birdwatching.
3. How do I get to Surat Thani Province?Surat Thani Province is easily accessible from Bangkok and other major cities in Thailand. The most popular mode of transport is by air, with flights from Bangkok to Surat Thani International Airport taking about an hour. Alternatively, visitors can take a train or bus from Bangkok to Surat Thani City, which takes about 12-14 hours. Buses and minivans are also available from other major cities in Thailand, including Phuket, Krabi, and Koh Samui.
4. What is the best time to visit Surat Thani Province?The best time to visit Surat Thani Province is between December and April, during the dry season. The weather during this time is mild and pleasant, making it ideal for outdoor activities and sightseeing. The wet season, which runs from May to November, can be unpredictable and can hinder some outdoor activities. However, the lush greenery during this time can be a beautiful sight to behold.
5. What are some local delicacies to try in Surat Thani Province?Surat Thani Province is known for its unique cuisine, which is influenced by the region’s geography, climate, and cultural heritage. Some of the popular dishes to try in the province include:
5.1 Khao Mok GaiKhao Mok Gai is a fragrant and flavorful Thai-style chicken biryani, with a spicy dipping sauce on the side.
5.2 Khanom Jeen Nam YaKhanom Jeen Nam Ya is a spicy noodle dish served with a delicious coconut milk curry and topped with fresh herbs and vegetables.
5.3 Tom Yam GoongTom Yam Goong is a popular Thai soup made with fresh shrimp, lemongrass, lime juice, and chilies. It is known for its spicy and sour flavor and is a must-try when in Surat Thani Province.
6. What are some popular festivals and events in Surat Thani Province?Surat Thani Province is home to several unique festivals and events, which are a celebration of the region’s culture and traditions. Some of the popular ones include:
6.1 Chak Phra FestivalChak Phra Festival is a cultural event that marks the end of Buddhist Lent. The festival is celebrated with colorful processions, boat races, and other cultural activities.
6.2 Surat Thani Food FestivalSurat Thani Food Festival is a celebration of the province’s culinary heritage, with an emphasis on local food and delicacies. The festival features cooking competitions, food stalls, and various cultural activities.
6.3 Loy Krathong FestivalLoy Krathong Festival is a Thai tradition that involves floating candles and floral offerings on the water. The festival is held in November and is a beautiful sight to behold.
7. What are some must-pack items when visiting Surat Thani Province?Some of the essential items to pack when visiting Surat Thani Province include:
7.1 Insect repellentSurat Thani Province is home to several mosquito-borne illnesses, and it is essential to pack insect repellent to prevent mosquito bites.
7.2 SunscreenThe province is also known for its beautiful beaches, and it is essential to pack sunscreen to protect your skin from the harsh sun.
7.3 Comfortable shoesSurat Thani Province is home to several national parks and hiking trails, and it is essential to pack comfortable shoes for outdoor activities.
8. What are some tips for first-time visitors to Surat Thani Province?Some of the tips for first-time visitors to Surat Thani Province include:
8.1 Be respectful of the local cultureSurat Thani Province is home to several traditional communities, and it is essential to be respectful of their customs and traditions.
8.2 Dress appropriatelyWhen visiting temples and other cultural sites, it is essential to dress appropriately and avoid clothes that are too revealing.
8.3 Learn some basic Thai phrasesWhile most people in Surat Thani Province can speak English, learning some basic Thai phrases can help you connect with the local community and enhance your experience.
8.4 Carry small changeCarry small change when travelling in Surat Thani Province, as many shops and vendors may not have change for bigger denominations.
How to spend your time as a tourist in Surat Thani Province?Surat Thani is a lesser-known gem of southern Thailand. The province is enriched with natural beauty and cultural heritage. Surat Thani Province has something for everyone. From beaches to temples, from natural parks to waterfalls, from tasty Thai cuisine to interesting festivals – there are so many activities and places to visit. In this blog post, we will guide you through the perfect itinerary for a tourist visiting Surat Thani Province.
1. Visit Ratchaprapha DamRatchaprapha Dam, also known as Cheow Lan Dam, is a must-visit attraction in Surat Thani. The surrounding area is famous for its stunning views, wildlife, and crystal-clear emerald water. Visitors can go on a boat tour to explore the dam, visit floating bungalows, and enjoy the scenic beauty. There are various activities for visitors, such as swimming, kayaking, and even taking an elephant ride. For a unique experience, you can try night fishing in the dam.
2. Explore Khao Sok National ParkKhao Sok National Park is one of the most beautiful places in Thailand, located within Surat Thani Province. The park is home to diverse wildlife, including elephants, tigers, and gibbons. Visitors can take a guided trekking tour to explore the vast jungles, take a boat tour to Cheow Lan Lake, or even relax at the park’s beautiful waterfalls. Additionally, visitors can stay at a treehouse resort, which offers a unique and environmentally sustainable accommodation option.
3. Discover the Beauty of Ang Thong National Marine ParkAng Thong National Marine Park is a breathtaking archipelago located in the Gulf of Thailand. The park is a protected natural reserve and is home to diverse ecological marine life. Visitors can go on a boat tour to explore the park’s islands, hike to the top of Wua Ta Lap island to enjoy the panoramic views, or swim and enjoy the tranquil waters. Snorkeling and diving are also popular activities in Ang Thong National Marine Park.
4. Visit Ancient TemplesSurat Thani Province is home to many beautiful and ancient Buddhist temples. One of the most notable being Wat Phra Borommathat Chaiya, located in Chaiya district. The temple is famous for its golden chedi and beautiful wall murals. Visitors should also visit Wat Suan Mokkhaphalaram, famous for its meditation retreats and beautiful gardens. Additionally, Wat Tham Khao Wong, located in Khiri Rat Nikhom district, is a beautiful cave temple worth visiting.
5. Try Local FoodSurat Thani province is home to some of the most mouth-watering and delicious Thai cuisine. Visitors should try local specialties such as “khanom jeen,” a type of noodle dish, “grapao mu,” a pork basil stir-fry, and “tom yam goong,” a spicy shrimp soup. Visitors can also try local street food, such as “satay,” skewered grilled meat, and “pad thai,” a stir-fried noodle dish. For a unique experience, visitors should visit the floating market in Amphur Phunphin to taste various authentic Thai dishes.
6. Attend Local FestivalsSurat Thani Province is home to many unique and interesting festivals. One of the most notable being the “Chak Phra Festival,” held annually in October, where the local communities pay homage to Buddha images housed in various temples by pulling the revered images on a parade. Other festivals include the “Vegetarian Festival” held annually in September, and “Loy Krathong” held in November, which locals celebrate by releasing krathongs, candle-lit floats, into the river.
Book Your Tour NowSurat Thani Province is an excellent destination for those looking to immerse themselves in Thai culture and nature. From exploring natural parks to experiencing unique festivals, Surat Thani Province has it all. Make sure to visit the stunning Ratchaprapha Dam and Khao Sok National Park, try local cuisine, and attend local festivals. By following this itinerary, you can undoubtedly make the most out of your time in Surat Thani Province.
Table of Contents