How to Plan Your Surfing Lesson and Board Rental Tour in EssaouiraAre you a surfing enthusiast or just want to try out surfing for the first time? Look no further than the Essaouira Surfing Lesson and Surfboard Rental Tour, where you can learn to surf wave with a professional team and stand up on your board within 2 hours.
ExperienceThis tour offers an exciting surfing class to all levels, from beginner to advanced surfers, at Essaouira Beach, the ideal location for surfing with large white sandy and sunny beaches, and even camels roaming around.
- Learn how to catch waves with a professional and passionate instructor.
- Workout on the beach and practice stand up.
- Enjoy pushing on the wave to stand up on your board and catch your first one.
- Paddle to the pick and learn how to change direction and experience your first bottom turn if you have surfed before.
- Have fun with our friendly instructor team.
Full DescriptionThe tour starts with a workout on the beach, where you will learn which foot to put forward (goofy or regular) and practice standing up on the board before getting into the water. In case you have never tried surfing before, the instructor will guide you through the steps of practicing on the beach before reaching the water. Once you are ready, the instructor will push you on the wave to stand up on your board and catch your first wave! In case you have surfed before, you will paddle out to the pick and learn how to change direction and experience your first bottom turn. The tour offers a professional and passionate instructor who will ensure that you have a great experience surfing in Essaouira Beach. Additionally, you will have access to the school facilities, including a changing room, lockers, shower, toilet, free Wi-Fi, and comfortable seating area for relaxation after surfing.
- School facilities: changing room, lockers, shower, toilet, free Wi-Fi, and comfortable seating area.
- Surfboard rental: longboard and.
BookingTo book your tour, click here.
Book Your Tour NowThe Essaouira Surfing Lesson and Surfboard Rental Tour provides surfing lessons tailored to suit all levels of expertise. Whether you are a beginner or an advanced surfer, this tour promises to be an exhilarating and unforgettable experience in the sunny beaches of Essaouira. Book your tour now and feel the thrill of catching your first wave or improving your technique while enjoying the majestic scenery of the beach!
Essaouira City FAQ – Your Ultimate Guide
1. What is Essaouira city and where is it located?Located on Morocco’s Atlantic coast, Essaouira is a charming, peaceful and ancient city. It’s a one of a kind destination that combines modernity, tradition, and historical remains. The city is located around 2.5 hours away from Marrakesh, Morocco’s capital.
2. What are the places to visit in Essaouira city?There is a plethora of interesting sites, historical landmarks, and cultural activities to try in Essaouira. Some of the top attractions to include in your itinerary are:
i) Skala de la Ville:A unique fortress built during the 1760s. Skala de la Ville serves as a stronghold and a perfect place for enjoying the panoramic view of the ocean.
ii) Essaouira Medina:This UNESCO World Heritage Site boasts unique architecture, notable structures such as the Moulay Hassan Square and the ramparts of Essaouira.
iii) Essaouira Fish Market:Frequented by locals and tourists alike, this place is where all the action happens. The local fishermen sell freshly caught seafood that is deliciously cooked right in front of you.
iv) Beaches:The Essaouira coastline has several gorgeous beaches perfect for surfing, kitesurfing or just relaxing. Some of the most renowned are Sidi Kaouki and Essaouira Bay.
3. What activities to include in your itinerary during your trip to Essaouira?Whether you’re a solo traveler, a couple or you’re going on a family holiday, Essaouira city has plenty of activities to suit your interests. Here are some of the popular activities to include during your trip to Essaouira:
i) Surfing:Essaouira is renowned for its fabulous waves that attract surfers worldwide. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced surfer, there are plenty of surf schools that offer surfing lessons.
ii) Kitesurfing:Essaouira is among the top destinations for kitesurfing. The strong winds create perfect conditions for practicing this exhilarating sport.
iii) Exploring the Medina:Essaouira’s medina is a charming labyrinth of alleys, ancient fortified walls, and traditional markets. A guided tour will help you uncover this city’s hidden gems.
iv) Horse or camel riding:Experience an unforgettable camel or horse ride, the perfect way to explore the beaches and stunning landscapes of Essaouira.
4. What are the best places to eat in Essaouira?Essaouira has plenty of delicious food options, and its coastal location allows for fresh seafood, a staple in many Moroccan dishes. Here are some of the must-visit restaurants in Essaouira:
i) Elizir:A contemporary, stylish restaurant that serves Mediterranean and Moroccan cuisine. The menu is designed around seasonal ingredients that are locally sourced.
ii) L’Auberge Tangaro:This restaurant is the perfect place to enjoy a romantic dinner on the rooftop, overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. The restaurant serves fresh seafood and Moroccan dishes.
iii) Taros Cafe:This restaurant offers traditional Moroccan dishes using locally sourced fresh ingredients, and a perfect place to experience the hustle and bustle of Essaouira’s markets.
5. When is the best time to visit Essaouira?The best time to visit Essaouira is during spring or autumn. During these seasons, you can still bask in the sun and enjoy the beaches without melting heat. While the evenings tend to be cooler, it is still warm enough to walk around comfortably. Furthermore, it is convenient to plan your trip around the various festivals such as Gnaoua and World Music Festival and the Essaouira-Mogador Pigeon Festival.
6. What are the things to keep in mind while visiting Essaouira?While Essaouira is a safe and welcoming city, there are some significant things to keep in mind while visiting:
i) Dress modestly:Moroccan culture is conservative, and it’s essential to dress in modest clothing, particularly when visiting the mosques or the medina.
ii) Beware of scams:Always keep an eye out for scams particularly in crowded areas, and bargain wisely when buying goods in markets.
iii) Be respectful:It’s vital to be respectful to the locals’ culture and customs, particularly during the fasting month of Ramadan.
7. How to get to Essaouira City?Even though it is located two and a half hours from Marrakesh, Essaouira has accessible transportation. You can opt to take a bus from Marrakesh or even hire a private taxi. Alternatively, internal flights are available from Casablanca or Marrakesh to the Essaouira airport, which is around 15 km from the city center.
Book Your Tour NowFrom its ancient walls to its seafood-rich coastline, Essaouira is a must-visit destination for anyone looking to explore one of Morocco’s best-preserved cities. With the perfect blend of history, culture, and natural beauty, there is something for everyone to enjoy in this vibrant coastal city.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in Essaouira: A Comprehensive GuideEssaouira is a laid-back and charming coastal city in Morocco that attracts travelers from all over the world. With its vibrant culture, rich history, and stunning architecture, there’s always something to see and do in Essaouira. However, with so many options, it can be overwhelming to plan your itinerary. In this guide, we’ll provide you with a comprehensive list of things to do in Essaouira, including top landmarks, cultural experiences, and culinary delights. Here’s how to spend your time as a tourist in Essaouira.
1. Visit the Medina of EssaouiraThe Medina of Essaouira is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the most iconic landmarks in the city. It’s a maze of narrow alleys and alleys that lead to hidden courtyards, historical sites, and traditional Moroccan homes. One of the best ways to explore the Medina is to take a guided tour, which will help you navigate the winding streets and provide you with historical and cultural context. During your tour, be sure to visit the ramparts, which offer a stunning view of the Atlantic Ocean.
2. Explore the BeachesEssaouira is famous for its long sandy beaches, which offer a variety of water sports and other activities. Some of the most popular beaches in the city include Plage d’Essaouira, Plage de Sidi Kaouki, and Plage de Cap Sim. Whether you’re interested in surfing, kiteboarding, or simply sunbathing, these beaches offer something for everyone.
3. Experience the Local CuisineMoroccan cuisine is famous for its vibrant flavors and distinct spices, and Essaouira is no exception. Be sure to try some local specialties, such as tagine, couscous, and harira soup. You can find these dishes in many of the city’s traditional restaurants and cafes. Additionally, Essaouira is known for its seafood, and the fish markets in the city are a must-visit. Here you can buy fresh fish and have it cooked on the spot.
4. Visit the Skala de la VilleThe Skala de la Ville is a historic fortress located on the western side of the Medina. It was originally built in the 18th century to protect the city from invaders and pirates. Today it serves as a popular tourist attraction, offering a stunning view of the Atlantic Ocean and the city’s harbor. Be sure to visit the cannons and the lighthouse, which are the main highlights of the fortress.
5. Take a Camel RideIf you’re looking for a unique way to explore the city, consider taking a camel ride along the beach. These guided tours offer a peaceful and contemplative way to experience the city’s natural beauty. You can find camel tours near many of the city’s beaches and hotels.
6. Visit the Essaouira MuseumThe Essaouira Museum is a must-visit for anyone interested in the history and culture of the city. It’s located inside a historic residence and offers a variety of exhibits on traditional Moroccan art, music, and clothing. The museum also features an impressive collection of antique weapons and armor.
7. Attend a Cultural EventEssaouira is famous for its vibrant cultural events, including music festivals and art exhibitions. Some of the most popular events in the city include the Essaouira Gnaoua and World Music Festival, which takes place in June, and the Festival des Alizés, which celebrates the city’s traditional music and cultural heritage. In conclusion, Essaouira offers a wealth of activities and experiences for tourists of all ages and interests. Whether you’re interested in exploring the city’s rich history and culture, enjoying its natural beauty, or simply relaxing on its beaches, Essaouira is sure to capture your heart. So why not plan your next adventure and experience all that Essaouira has to offer?
Table of Contents