How to Plan Your Tulum Cenote Cave and Akumal Beach Tour to Swim with Turtles from Playa Del CarmenIf you’re looking for a unique and unforgettable experience near Playa Del Carmen, then the Tulum Cenote Cave and Akumal Beach Tour to Swim with Turtles could be the perfect option for you. This tour takes you through some of the most beautiful and historically rich locations in the area, combining stunning natural scenery with an exciting opportunity to get up close and personal with some of the area’s most interesting marine life.
OverviewThis tour is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a fun, educational, and active way to spend their day in the Playa del Carmen area. You’ll start your journey at Tulum, where you’ll explore the famous beachfront archaeological site with a professional guide. From there, it’s off to the jungle to swim in a cenote – a natural sinkhole typically filled with crystal-clear fresh water – before wrapping up the day at Akumal Bay, where you’ll snorkel with sea turtles. The tour includes admission to the Mayan ruins of Tulum, as well as the use of snorkeling equipment. A boxed lunch is provided for each participant, and snorkeling equipment rentals are included. Group sizes are limited to 18 travelers, ensuring that each guest receives personalized attention throughout the tour.
Itinerary DetailsThe tour begins with a pickup service from your hotel or a designated meeting point, where you’ll be taken to Tulum. During the visit to the Tulum ruins, you’ll get to see the ancient Mayan buildings, including the well-preserved Temple of the Frescoes, and learn about their history from a knowledgeable guide. The admission fees for Tulum are already included in the tour package. After exploring the archaeological site, you’ll be driven to a cenote where you’ll have the opportunity to swim in the crystal clear water. The jungle setting provides the perfect backdrop for an unforgettable experience. Snorkeling gear, including a life jacket, is provided, but you can rent additional diving equipment if you need it. From there, the tour heads to Akumal Beach, where you’ll snorkel with green sea turtles in their natural habitat. The knowledgeable guide will provide instructions to ensure you get the most out of this experience while taking proper precautions to protect the turtles.
- Admission to the Mayan ruins of Tulum
- Use of snorkeling equipment
- Box Lunch with sandwich, fruit, juice, and sweet
- Tulum local tax and reef Tax ($16 USD to be paid at check-in)
- U$D 3 life jacket rental mandatory for safety during the swimming activity in the cenote
Meeting and PickupThe meeting point for the tour is La Bodeguita del Medio, located on 5ta Avenida Calle 34 Norte Esq Gonzalo Guerrero 77720 Playa del Carmen. If you prefer, you can also request pickup service from your hotel for an additional fee.
What to Bring
- Biodegradable sunblock
- Bug spray
Book Your Tour NowOverall, the Tulum Cenote Cave and Akumal Beach Tour to Swim with Turtles is an excellent way to explore some of the most beautiful and historically rich locations in the Playa del Carmen area. You’ll experience the excitement of snorkeling with sea turtles, the serenity of swimming in a natural sinkhole, and the wonders of Mayan ruins, all in one tour. To book the tour, visit here.
Frequently Asked Questions about Playa Del Carmen
1. What is Playa Del Carmen?
Playa Del Carmen is a coastal town located in the state of Quintana Roo, Mexico. It is known for its stunning beaches, crystal clear waters, and vibrant nightlife.
2. How do I get to Playa Del Carmen?
There are several ways to get to Playa Del Carmen. You can either fly into Cancun International Airport and take a shuttle or taxi to Playa Del Carmen, or you can take a bus from other parts of Mexico. You can also drive to Playa Del Carmen from Cancun or other nearby towns.
3. What are some of the things to do in Playa Del Carmen?
There are plenty of things to do in Playa Del Carmen. Some of the top things to do include visiting the various beaches, exploring the local markets, trying out the different restaurants and bars in the area, and visiting nearby attractions like the Tulum ruins or the Cozumel island.
4. Is it safe to travel to Playa Del Carmen?
While there have been some reports of crime in the area, Playa Del Carmen is generally considered a safe place to visit. However, it is always important to take necessary precautions like not flashing expensive items, staying in well-lit areas, and not walking alone at night.
5. When is the best time to visit Playa Del Carmen?
The best time to visit Playa Del Carmen is from December to April when the weather is dry and the temperature is mild. This is also the peak tourist season so you can expect higher prices and more crowds. If you want to avoid the crowds, consider visiting during the shoulder season in May or November.
6. What are some of the best beaches in Playa Del Carmen?
Playa Del Carmen is known for its stunning beaches. Some of the best beaches include Playacar Beach, Mamitas Beach, and Xpu-Ha Beach. Each beach offers something unique, so be sure to explore them all.
7. What is the currency used in Playa Del Carmen?
The currency used in Playa Del Carmen is the Mexican Peso. You can exchange your currency at local banks or exchange bureaus. Credit cards are also widely accepted in the area.
8. What is the local cuisine of Playa Del Carmen?
The local cuisine in Playa Del Carmen is a mix of Mexican and Caribbean flavors. Some of the local dishes you should try include ceviche, tacos al pastor, cochinita pibil, and chilaquiles. There are also plenty of international restaurants in the area if you prefer something different.
9. What is the nightlife like in Playa Del Carmen?
The nightlife in Playa Del Carmen is vibrant and exciting. There are plenty of bars and nightclubs in the area, many of which are located on 5th Avenue. Some of the top places to visit include Coco Bongo, Mandala, and La Vaquita.
10. Is it necessary to speak Spanish to visit Playa Del Carmen?
While it is helpful to know some Spanish, it is not necessary to visit Playa Del Carmen. Many locals speak English and there are plenty of resources available to help English-speaking tourists navigate the area.Overall, Playa Del Carmen is a beautiful and vibrant town that has something to offer everyone. Whether you’re looking for fun in the sun or an exciting nightlife, Playa Del Carmen has it all. So pack your bags and head on down to Mexico’s Caribbean coast!
How to spend your time as a tourist in Playa Del CarmenPlaya Del Carmen is a breathtaking beach town located in the Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico. It is a popular tourist destination that attracts visitors from all over the world. There are plenty of things you can do and see in Playa Del Carmen, and this guide will help you make the most of your time in the city.
1. Enjoy the BeachesPlaya Del Carmen is known for its beautiful beaches that are perfect for anyone looking to relax and soak up the sun. There are several beaches to choose from, but some of the most popular ones include Playa Mamitas, Playa Xpu-Ha, and Akumal Beach. Whether you want to go swimming, sunbathing or take part in water sports activities like snorkeling or jet skiing, there is a beach for everyone.
2. Explore the Mayan RuinsThe Mayan ruins are an essential attraction to visit and learn about the ancient history of the area. Tulum and Chichen Itza are the two most popular ruins near Playa Del Carmen, and there are plenty of guided tours that you can take to explore these ancient sites. You can also learn a great deal about the Mayan culture and their way of life.
3. Visit Fifth AvenueFifth avenue is the main street in Playa Del Carmen, and it is a popular spot for tourists. It stretches for over 2.5 miles and is lined with shops, bars, restaurants, and souvenir shops. You can spend hours walking along this street, exploring the different stores, and enjoying some of the local cuisine.
4. Try the Local CuisinePlaya Del Carmen is known for its delicious food, including fresh seafood, tacos, and ceviche. Make sure you try some of the local dishes while you are in town. The local markets, street food stands, and restaurants are great places to sample the local cuisine.
5. Take a Day Trip to CozumelCozumel is an island located just off the coast of Playa Del Carmen, and it is a popular day trip destination among tourists. You can take a ferry from Playa Del Carmen and spend the day snorkeling, scuba diving, or exploring the island’s many attractions. The island’s clear waters and white sand beaches make it an ideal location for water sports and beach lovers.
6. Experience the NightlifePlaya Del Carmen has a vibrant nightlife scene that attracts visitors from all over the world. There are plenty of bars and clubs where you can dance the night away, and many of them are located on Fifth Avenue. There are also plenty of beach clubs which offer great music, drinks, and food.
7. Swim with Sea TurtlesAkumal Beach is located just a few miles from Playa Del Carmen and is a popular spot for swimming with sea turtles. The shallow waters and calm currents make it an ideal spot for snorkeling and offers a unique opportunity to get up close with these majestic creatures.
8. Go ShoppingPlaya Del Carmen has plenty of shopping options including local markets, artisan shops, and luxury boutiques. You can find almost anything ranging from jewelry, clothing, souvenirs, and handmade crafts. Some of the popular shopping areas include Fifth Avenue, Paseo Del Carmen, and Plaza Las Americas.
Book Your Tour NowPlaya Del Carmen is an enjoyable destination that offers something for everyone. Whether you enjoy beaches, water sports, learning about history and culture, shopping, or exploring the nightlife, you will find it all in this beautiful town. Make sure you plan your itinerary carefully to maximize your time, and you will undoubtedly have a great time in this stunning location.
Table of Contents