How to Plan Your Zambezi National Park Game Drive Tour in Victoria Falls TownAre you planning a trip to Victoria Falls and looking for an incredible wildlife viewing experience? Look no further than the Zambezi National Park Game Drive tour! This thrilling 3-hour adventure takes you through the vast park in search of the big five game species and many other animals. In this guide, we’ll provide you with all the information you need to plan your perfect tour.
ExperienceThe game drive tour is an exciting way to explore the stunning Zambezi National Park. It includes hotel pickup and drop-off within Victoria Falls town, water, and a 3-hour game drive with experienced guides. During this tour, you’ll gaze at the mighty Zambezi river waterfront and learn more about the wildlife in the park from professional guides.
HighlightsThe highlight of this tour is, of course, the chance to see the big five game species: lion, leopard, elephant, rhinoceros, and Cape buffalo. However, there’s also a lot of other wildlife to discover in the park, including smaller animals such as kudu, impala, sable, eland, warthog, and zebra. As you explore the riverside and Chamabonda Vlei, you might catch sight of crocodile, waterbuck, and many pods of hippo. The park is also the home of up to 400 bird species, so keen birdwatchers won’t be disappointed.
Full DescriptionThe tour starts with pickup from your hotel in Victoria Falls, either in the morning or afternoon, before setting out on a 3-hour game drive. The park stretches along the Zambezi river and covers 56,000 hectares of wild bush and a riverine fringe. You’ll get to enjoy the stunning views of the waterfront as you explore the park. Professional guides will accompany you during the game drive, where you’ll learn about the flora, fauna, geology, and numerous animals of the park. They’ll provide you with their knowledge and expertise to help you understand and appreciate the wildlife better. They’ll point out the significant features of the park, which include rivers, pools, and seeps dependent on the Zambezi River. As mentioned earlier, the tour’s highlight is, of course, the chance to see the big five game species: lion, leopard, elephant, rhinoceros, and Cape buffalo. These species are difficult to spot in the wild, but the tour’s experienced guides will help increase your chances of a sighting. Apart from the significant wildlife, there are some smaller animals that you might come across such as kudu, impala, sable, eland, warthog, and zebra. As you continue exploring the riverside and Chamabonda Vlei, you might catch sight of crocodile, waterbuck, and many pods of hippo. The park is also home to up to 400 bird species, so bird enthusiasts can look forward to seeing a variety of birds during the game drive. After the 3 hour game drive, you’ll head back to your hotel in Victoria Falls town.
IncludesThe tour includes hotel pickup and drop-off within Victoria Falls town, water, and a 3-hour game drive. However, you’ll need to pay a $15 entrance fee to enter the Zambezi National Park. You can pay this fee at the entrance gate.
How to Book the TourBooking your Zambezi National Park Game Drive tour is simple. Just click on the link below to book the tour on GetYourGuide, a reliable third-party booking website. The website offers instant confirmation, and you can cancel up to 24 hours before the tour’s start time for a full refund. Book the tour here
Book Your Tour NowIf you’re looking for a thrilling wildlife viewing experience, the Zambezi National Park Game Drive tour is an excellent choice. You’ll get to see the big five game species and many other animals in their natural habitat while enjoying the stunning scenery of the park. So, book your tour now and get ready for an unforgettable adventure!
FAQ about Victoria Falls TownVictoria Falls Town, located in Zimbabwe, is a popular tourist destination. Visitors from all over the world come to see the magnificent Victoria Falls, one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World. If you’re planning a trip to Victoria Falls Town, this FAQ will help you prepare for your journey.
1. What is the best time to visit Victoria Falls Town?The best time to visit Victoria Falls Town is during the dry season, which runs from May to October. During this time, the water flow is lower, and the falls are easier to see. However, the rainy season, which runs from November to April, is also a popular time to visit because the water flow is higher, and the falls are more impressive.
2. How do I get to Victoria Falls Town?Victoria Falls Town has its own airport, Victoria Falls International Airport, which is serviced by major airlines. You can also drive to Victoria Falls Town from neighboring countries, such as Botswana or Zambia.
3. What is the cost of visiting Victoria Falls?The cost of visiting Victoria Falls depends on several factors, such as your country of origin and the activities you want to do. Visitors from most countries will pay an entry fee of $30, and additional fees may apply for activities such as bungee jumping, white water rafting, and helicopter tours.
4. What activities are available in Victoria Falls Town?There are several activities to do in Victoria Falls Town, including: – Seeing the falls: This is the main attraction of the town, and there are various viewpoints to see the falls from. – Bungee jumping: Victoria Falls is home to the highest commercial bungee jump in the world. – White water rafting: The Zambezi River offers Grade 5 rapids for thrill-seekers. – Helicopter tours: Get a birds-eye view of the falls and the surrounding area. – Game drives: Take a safari tour to see the local wildlife, such as elephants and lions. – Cultural tours: Learn about the local culture and traditions with a guided tour of a traditional village.
5. What should I pack for my trip to Victoria Falls Town?It’s essential to pack appropriately for your trip to Victoria Falls Town. Here’s a list of what you should bring: – Comfortable walking shoes for exploring the falls and surrounding areas. – Lightweight and breathable clothing for the hot weather. – A waterproof jacket for the mist from the falls. – Sunscreen and bug spray for protection from the sun and insects. – A hat and sunglasses for sun protection. – A camera to capture your memories.
6. Is it safe to visit Victoria Falls Town?Victoria Falls Town is a safe destination for visitors. However, as with any tourist destination, you should take normal safety precautions, such as not leaving your valuables unattended and being aware of your surroundings.
7. What currency is used in Victoria Falls Town?The official currency of Zimbabwe is the Zimbabwe dollar (ZWD). However, US dollars are widely accepted in Victoria Falls Town, and it’s recommended to bring US dollars for your trip.
8. What are some popular restaurants in Victoria Falls Town?There are many restaurants to choose from in Victoria Falls Town, offering a variety of cuisines. Some popular restaurants include: – The Boma: Located at the Victoria Falls Safari Lodge, this restaurant offers a traditional African buffet and live entertainment. – Shearwater Café: Offering a mix of African and international cuisine, this restaurant has a beautiful outdoor seating area overlooking the Zambezi River. – Lookout Café: Located on the edge of the Batoka Gorge, this café offers stunning views of the bridge and the gorge below. – Three Monkeys: A casual restaurant serving burgers, salads, and pub-style food. – In-Da-Belly: A restaurant serving Zimbabwean and international cuisine.
9. What are some nearby attractions to Victoria Falls Town?If you have time, there are several nearby attractions that you can visit, such as: – Chobe National Park: Located in Botswana, this national park offers safari tours to see elephants, lions, and other wildlife. – Hwange National Park: Zimbabwe’s largest national park, known for its large elephant population. – Zambezi National Park: Located on the Zimbabwean side of the Zambezi River, this national park is home to wildlife such as elephants, hippos, and crocodiles.
10. What are some tips for visiting Victoria Falls Town?Here are some useful tips for visiting Victoria Falls Town: – Plan your trip in advance and book your activities early to avoid disappointment. – Be prepared for the hot weather and bring appropriate clothing and sunscreen. – Bring cash with you as not all restaurants and shops accept credit cards. – Be aware of your surroundings and take normal safety precautions. – Respect the local culture and customs, such as dressing modestly when visiting traditional villages.
Book Your Tour NowVictoria Falls Town is a beautiful and exciting tourist destination, with plenty to see and do. By following the tips and information in this FAQ, you’ll be well prepared for your trip and able to make the most of your time in this incredible town.
How to spend your time as a tourist in Victoria Falls TownVictoria Falls Town is a small yet bustling city nestled in the heart of southern Africa. It is most famous for its namesake – the magnificent Victoria Falls. However, there are plenty of other activities and sights to discover in the area. Here is a comprehensive guide on how to spend your time in Victoria Falls Town.
1. Visit Victoria FallsNo trip to Victoria Falls Town is complete without a visit to the iconic Victoria Falls. These magnificent waterfalls are a UNESCO World Heritage site and are located on the border of Zambia and Zimbabwe. The falls are best viewed from the Zimbabwean side, where you can witness the plunging waters and mist from up close. Be prepared to get wet and bring a raincoat! There are several viewpoints to visit, including the Devil’s Cataract, Main Falls, and Rainbow Falls. It’s also worth noting that the falls can be visited year-round, but the peak flow is from February to May.
2. Take a helicopter tourFor a once-in-a-lifetime experience, take a helicopter tour over Victoria Falls. This breathtaking adventure allows you to see the falls from a different perspective and gives you a chance to take stunning photos. Several tour operators offer helicopter tours, and the experience usually lasts between 13 to 25 minutes. Be sure to book in advance, as these tours are popular and can sell out quickly.
3. Visit the Victoria Falls BridgeThe Victoria Falls Bridge is another iconic landmark in the area. This historic steel bridge spans the Zambezi River and connects Zambia and Zimbabwe. It was built in 1905 and is considered an engineering marvel of its time. Visitors can walk across the bridge and take in the stunning views of the river below. For the daring, there is also a bungee jumping experience offered from the bridge.
4. Go on a game driveVictoria Falls Town is located near several game reserves, including Zambezi National Park and Chobe National Park. These reserves are home to a wide variety of wildlife, including elephants, lions, zebras, and giraffes. Organized game drives are available for visitors, and experienced guides lead the tours. It’s important to note that these parks can get quite hot during the day, so be sure to bring sunscreen and water.
5. Take a sunset cruiseRelax and unwind by taking a sunset cruise along the Zambezi River. These cruises provide stunning views of the African sunset and are often accompanied by live music and canapes. You may even be lucky enough to spot some hippopotamuses and crocodiles along the riverbanks.
6. Visit the local marketsFor a taste of local culture, visit the markets in Victoria Falls Town. Here, you can find a wide variety of handmade crafts and souvenirs, including colorful fabrics, carved wooden figurines, and beaded jewelry. It’s important to note that haggling is expected and part of the market experience.
7. Try local cuisineNo trip to Victoria Falls Town is complete without trying some local cuisine. There are several restaurants that cater to tourists, but for an authentic experience, visit some of the local eateries. Sample dishes such as sadza (a maize meal porridge), chakalaka (a spicy vegetable relish), and biltong (dried meat).
Book Your Tour NowVictoria Falls Town is a destination that offers a wide variety of activities and sights for tourists. From visiting the iconic Victoria Falls to taking a sunset cruise along the Zambezi River, there is something for everyone to enjoy. Be sure to plan your itinerary in advance and book any necessary tours or experiences ahead of time, and most importantly, have fun exploring this beautiful part of Africa!
Table of Contents