Livingstone: Victoria Falls Helicopter Flights – How to Plan Your Tour
If you are planning a trip to Livingstone, Zambia, the Victoria Falls helicopter tour is a must-do. This tour is an unforgettable experience, offering breathtaking views of one of Africa’s natural wonders. The tour is offered by third-party companies, and you can easily book your tour online through the following link: book the tour here. In this blog post, we will guide you through all the steps you need to take to plan your Victoria Falls helicopter tour.
Step 1: Start by Choosing the Best Time to Take the Tour
The Victoria Falls helicopter tour is available throughout the year. However, the best time to take the tour depends on the season. The rainy season in Livingstone is between November and March, making the falls flow at its highest and creating an impressive view. The dry season, from April until October, offers a clear view of the falls’ surroundings, and you can see the rock formations that are normally behind the waterfalls. Consider the time of year you would like to visit and what kind of view you would like to experience to book your ideal time.
Step 2: Book Your Helicopter Ride
Booking your helicopter ride is quite accessible; you can reserve your spot in advance through online booking platforms such as the one aforementioned. The tour company will provide you with all the necessary information, including the day and time of your departure, as well as any other details you might need to know.
Step 3: Choose Your Accommodation
There are several options for accommodation in Livingstone. You can stay in one of the luxury lodges that offer stunning views of Victoria Falls or choose a budget-friendly option. It’s important to book your accommodation in advance to ensure that you have a place to stay during your Victoria Falls adventure.
Step 4: Prepare for Your Tour
Before you take the tour, there are a few things you should know. The Victoria Falls helicopter tour is not suitable for people over 220 lbs (100 kg), so if you exceed this weight limit, this tour is not suitable for you. Wear comfortable clothing that will allow you to move freely, and bring sunscreen and sunglasses to protect yourself from the sun’s rays.
Step 5: Enjoy the Tour
Once you have prepared adequately, you can look forward to your Victoria Falls helicopter tour. The tour typically lasts for around 12 minutes on average and includes a transfer to and from your accommodation in Livingstone. During the tour, you’ll see the incredible landscape around the Zambezi River and fly over the falls, taking in breathtaking views of the water, rock formations, and surrounding islands. The helicopter will circle over the falls and fly at different angles, offering a unique experience and once-in-a-lifetime views.
Step 6: Additional Optional Extras
The tour also includes the option to purchase a DVD of your experience as a souvenir. The aviation fee totaling to $6 per person is included in the cost of your ride charge; however, it is essential to bring extra funds to purchase food and drinks.
So why should you plan a Victoria Falls helicopter tour? This tour offers an incredible experience, allowing you to see the falls and surroundings from an entirely different perspective. By following these steps, you can plan your tour with ease, ensuring that you have a memorable experience. Book your tour well in advance to avoid last-minute disappointments, and get ready for an incredible helicopter tour over Victoria Falls, Zambia.
Unlocking the Charm of Livingstone: An Insider’s Guide for Tourists
Discovering Hidden Gems in Livingstone
While Livingstone is famous for its stunning natural attractions, including the awe-inspiring Victoria Falls, there are several hidden gems that only locals know about. These include:
– Maramba Market: Experience the authentic local market where you can find everything from traditional handicrafts to fresh produce and mouth-watering street food.
– Gorge Swing and Zipline: For the adrenaline junkies, try out the gorge swing or zipline over Batoka Gorge for an unforgettable experience.
– Livingstone Museum: Delve into Zambia’s rich culture and history at the Livingstone Museum, which houses archaeological and ethnographic exhibits from the country.
Sampling the Local Cuisine
Zambian cuisine is a blend of indigenous foods and colonial influences, making it unique and delicious. Here are some of the must-try dishes that will tickle your taste buds:
– Nshima: A staple maize dish served with chicken, fish, or vegetables.
– Chikanda: Made with cassava and groundnuts, this vegetarian dish is a popular snack.
– Ifisashi: A thick vegetable stew made with peanuts or groundnuts.
To get a taste of authentic Zambian cuisine, head to the markets or local eateries in Livingstone. For a more upscale experience, visit Olga’s Italian Corner or The Golden Leaf Restaurant.
Immersing in the Local Culture
Livingstone has a rich cultural heritage, and there are several ways to experience it. Here are some ideas:
– Visit Mukuni Village: The village is home to the Leya people, who have lived in the area for centuries. Immerse yourself in their culture by visiting traditional huts, watching cultural dances, and interacting with the locals.
– Attend the Kulamba Traditional Ceremony: Held in August every year, this festival celebrates the Chewa people’s culture and traditions. Expect drumming, dancing, and vibrant costumes.
– Visit the Namwandwe Gallery: This art gallery showcases the works of Zambian artists and artisans, from sculptures to paintings to jewelry.
Unearthing Livingstone’s History
Livingstone has a rich history that is worth exploring. These are some of the captivating stories:
– The Legend of David Livingstone: The city is named after the Scottish explorer and missionary who is famous for discovering Victoria Falls. Visit the Livingstone Statue in the city center to learn more about his life and legacy.
– The Railway Museum: This museum showcases the history of the railway in Zambia, from the colonial era to modern times. Explore the century-old locomotives and artifacts.
– The Mukuni Royal Village: The village was the center of the Lozi Kingdom, a pre-colonial state that ruled over the region. Visit the village to see the preserved structures, artifacts, and learn about their history.
Unconventional Tips to Enhance Your Experience in Livingstone
For a unique experience beyond the conventional tourist activities, try these ideas:
– Take a sunset river cruise on the Zambezi River, where you can enjoy spectacular views and spot wildlife like hippos and crocodiles.
– Volunteer at a local school or orphanage. There are several organizations that offer volunteer programs that allow you to engage with the local community, teach, and make a difference.
– Visit Victoria Falls during the full moon. The lunar rainbow that forms over the falls is a spectacular sight that is only visible during this time.
In conclusion, Livingstone is a city full of hidden treasures, unique experiences, and fascinating stories that only locals can reveal. By exploring beyond the conventional tourist spots and immersing in the local culture, you can make your Livingstone trip an unforgettable and life-changing experience.
Table of Contents