Rhodes Town, the capital of the Greek island of Rhodes, is a fascinating destination filled with stunning architecture, historical landmarks, and scenic views. It boasts a rich history that dates back thousands of years, and has been inhabited by various civilizations, each of whom left their unique imprint on the town’s culture and heritage. Today, Rhodes Town is home to a variety of fascinating attractions and activities that cater to all interests and ages. Whether you’re a history buff, a foodie, or simply looking for a beautiful place to soak up the sun, Rhodes Town has something for everyone. In this post, we’ll explore the best attractions and things to do in this ancient city, so you can make the most of your time there.
The 2 Best Must Do In Rhodes Town
- Rhodes Town Scenic Semi Submarine Cruise With Drinks
- Rhodes Adventure Date Guided Phone Game for Couples
The 2 Best Must Do In Rhodes Town
1. Rhodes Town Scenic Semi Submarine Cruise With Drinks
Depart from Mandraki Harbour and embark on the Aphrodite Explorer, a semi-submarine that offers an underwater chamber with a 360-degree panoramic view of the Aegean Sea. Enjoy a 45-minute scenic cruise passing by the Windmills of Rhodes, entering the Yacht Harbour and sightseeing the walls of the Medieval Old town from a different breathtaking angle. The cruise then heads towards the Aquarium of Rhodes and Elli Beach. As you observe the underwater life, grab any drinks of your choice with no extra charge, including a selection of beers, soft drinks, and water to be consumed onboard. Our crew will announce when our diver is ready to hop into the sea for a show and invite you to the air-conditioned comfort cabin. Enjoy the underwater life from the underwater chamber and sightsee the Super Yacht Marina. Join this scenic semi-submarine cruise to make your trip to Rhodes Town unforgettable.
2. Rhodes Adventure Date Guided Phone Game for Couples
You will embark on a unique adventure through the vibrant and lively streets of Rhodes town, guided by a special smartphone app. The app will lead you on a 3km walk through the charming old town, where you will discover hidden gems and secret locations that only the locals know. As you explore the area, the app will provide you with a series of creative and fun tasks, questions, and challenges that revolve around your relationship with your partner or friend. These will include semi-difficult riddles that require teamwork to solve and questions that will get you thinking about how you interact with each other. The entire experience will be conducted in German, adding to the fun and excitement of the adventure. Whether you’re a couple looking to spice up your date or friends searching for a new experience, this is the perfect tour for you. So, come and explore Rhodes town in a unique way, and learn more about yourself and your partner along the way.
The Most Frequently Asked Questions about Rhodes TownRhodes is the largest island of the Dodecanese island group in Greece. It is blessed with a rich history, stunning beaches, and ancient ruins. Rhodes Town, located on the northeastern coast of the island, is a popular tourist destination for those who want to explore the island’s history and enjoy the Mediterranean atmosphere. As a Rhodes Town insider, here are some of the most frequently asked questions I get from tourists:
1. What are the best things to do in Rhodes Town?Rhodes Town has a variety of attractions suitable for every kind of traveler. Some of the most popular things to do in Rhodes Town include:
Exploring the Old Town
Rhodes Town is famous for its beautifully preserved medieval old town, which is a UNESCO world heritage site. The old town is home to numerous museums and historical sites, including the Palace of the Grand Master of the Knights of Rhodes, the Archaeological Museum of Rhodes, and the Street of the Knights.
Visiting the Acropolis of Rhodes
The Acropolis of Rhodes is located on the hill of Monte Smith, and it contains the ruins of the Temple of Apollo, a stadium, and an ancient theater. The views of the city from the top of the hill are breathtaking.
Enjoying the Beaches
Rhodes has some of the most beautiful beaches in Greece. Some of the most popular beaches in Rhodes Town include Elli Beach, Mandraki Beach, and Zephyros Beach.
Taking a Boat Tour
Boat tours from Rhodes Town are a great way to explore the island from a different perspective. Some popular boat tours include visiting the nearby island of Symi, exploring the coastline, and even swimming in Anthony Quinn Bay.
2. What is the best time to visit Rhodes Town?The best time to visit Rhodes Town depends on what you are looking for. The high season in Rhodes Town is from June to September when the weather is hot, and the beaches are busy. However, if you prefer fewer crowds and cooler temps, the shoulder seasons of April to May and September to October are good options.
3. What is the currency used in Rhodes Town?The currency used in Rhodes Town is the Euro. ATM machines are widely available, and credit cards are accepted in most places.
4. Is it safe to travel to Rhodes Town?Rhodes Town is a safe destination for travelers. Like any other busy tourist destination, tourists should be mindful of their belongings and keep an eye out for any suspicious activity. However, Rhodes Town is generally considered to be safe, and crime rates are relatively low.
5. How do I get around Rhodes Town?Getting around Rhodes Town is relatively easy. There is a public bus system, taxis, and rental cars and scooters available. Walking is also a popular way to explore the old town.
6. What are the local dishes I should try in Rhodes Town?Rhodes Town has a rich culinary scene, and there are many dishes that visitors should try. Some popular local dishes include:
Koulouria is a type of bread ring that is a popular breakfast food in Rhodes Town.
Tzatziki is a dip made from Greek yogurt, cucumber, and garlic. It is often served with bread or as a side dish.
Grilled octopus is a must-try dish in Rhodes Town. The octopus is typically served with lemon and olive oil.
Baklava is a sweet pastry made from layers of filo dough, chopped nuts, and honey syrup.