Salt Lake City, the capital of Utah, is a city nestled in the valley of the Wasatch Mountains. Known for its natural beauty, religious significance, and diverse offerings, it is a must-visit destination for both locals and tourists alike. Whether you are looking for outdoor adventure, cultural experiences, or simply a relaxing weekend getaway, Salt Lake City has something for everyone. In this post, we will highlight the best attractions and things to do in Salt Lake City, from exploring the stunning national parks to visiting the famous Temple Square. So pack your bags, grab your camera, and get ready to discover the wonders of Salt Lake City.
The 2 Best Romantic Things To Do In Salt Lake City
- Yellowstone and Tetons National Parks in Depth 4 Days
- Salt Lake City Tour and Mormon Tabernacle Choir Performance
The 2 Best Romantic Things To Do In Salt Lake City
1. Yellowstone and Tetons National Parks in Depth 4 Days
Explore two of the most stunning National Parks in the US in this four-day adventure. Discover the breathtaking beauty of the Grand Tetons National Park on day one, where you can take a walk to Inspiration Point or enjoy a scenic stroll around Jenny Lake, while having a good chance of spotting moose or even a grizzly bear. Spend the night camping inside the park for a true wilderness experience.
On day two, visit the world-renowned Yellowstone National Park, home to grizzly bears, wolves, and herds of buffalo and elk. Witness the famous Old Faithful eruption and visit the mesmerizing Grand Prismatic Pool, among many other geysers and natural wonders.
Throughout the tour, you’ll have the opportunity to go on exciting hikes, admire stunning landscapes, and witness incredible wildlife from a safe distance. With a fun and knowledgeable local tour guide and a small group of maximum 14 guests, this tour promises to be an unforgettable experience. Upgrade to a fully private tour for your group of five for an even more exclusive adventure.
2. Salt Lake City Tour and Mormon Tabernacle Choir Performance
Salt Lake City is home to many popular tourist destinations, but this tour takes it up a notch with a performance by the world-renowned Mormon Tabernacle Choir. The tour starts with a sightseeing bus ride around Utah’s capital, Salt Lake City. This bus tour covers some of the iconic places in the city, such as the Utah State Capitol building, This is the Place Heritage Park, and the Temple Square complex. After the bus tour, guests get to experience the amazing performance by the 360-member all-volunteer Tabernacle Choir. The Grammy and Emmy award-winning choir will leave guests with an unforgettable musical experience. On Thursdays, guests will join an intimate evening rehearsal, while on Sundays, they will get to enjoy the full concert. In addition to the choir performance and sightseeing bus tour, this package includes gratuities for the tour guide. The meeting point for this tour is the Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown, and guests are required to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour’s scheduled start.
Frequently Asked Questions About Salt Lake CitySalt Lake City is a popular tourist destination known for its stunning natural beauty, rich history, and unique culture. Visitors to Salt Lake City often have questions about the city, its attractions, and activities. In this post, we answer some of the most frequently asked questions about Salt Lake City.
What is Salt Lake City known for?Salt Lake City is known for many things, including:
- The Great Salt Lake: This massive saltwater lake is the largest in the Western Hemisphere and one of the saltiest in the world.
- Skiing and Snowboarding: Salt Lake City is home to several world-class ski resorts, including Brighton, Solitude, Alta, and Snowbird.
- Mormon History: Salt Lake City is the headquarters of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and its surrounding area is full of historic LDS sites, including Temple Square, This Is The Place Heritage Park, and the Pioneer Memorial Museum.
- Outdoor Recreation: Salt Lake City is surrounded by mountains, making the area perfect for hiking, biking, fishing, and camping.
- The Utah State Capitol: The Utah State Capitol building is an impressive structure that overlooks the entire valley.
What is the best time of year to visit Salt Lake City?The best time to visit Salt Lake City depends on what you want to do. If you’re a winter sports enthusiast, the best time to visit is between December and March when the ski resorts are in full swing. If you’re interested in outdoor recreation and hiking, late spring and early fall (May and September) are ideal. And if you want to experience the city’s events and festivals, summer is the best time to visit.
What is the weather like in Salt Lake City?Salt Lake City has a semi-arid climate with four distinct seasons. Summers are hot and dry, with temperatures ranging from the mid-80s to the low 90s. Winters can be cold and snowy, with temperatures dropping below freezing. Spring and fall are mild and pleasant, with temperatures ranging from the mid-50s to the mid-70s.
What are the best ski resorts near Salt Lake City?Salt Lake City is home to some of the best ski resorts in the world. Here are some of the most popular resorts near the city:
- Alta Ski Area: Famous for its powder skiing, Alta Ski Area is a skier-only resort located in the Wasatch Mountains.
- Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort: Snowbird is known for its steep terrain and deep powder, making it popular among advanced skiers and snowboarders.
- Brighton Resort: Brighton is a family-friendly resort with plenty of beginner and intermediate terrain.
- Solitude Mountain Resort: Solitude is a hidden gem with uncrowded slopes and a relaxed vibe.
- Park City Mountain Resort: Located just 35 minutes from Salt Lake City, Park City Mountain Resort is one of the largest ski resorts in the United States.
What is Temple Square?Temple Square is a 10-acre complex located in the heart of downtown Salt Lake City. It is home to several historic buildings and attractions, including the Salt Lake Temple, the Tabernacle, and the Family History Library. Temple Square is also the headquarters of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and is considered the spiritual and cultural center of the Mormon religion.
Is Salt Lake City a good place to live?Salt Lake City consistently ranks as one of the best places to live in the United States. The city boasts a low cost of living, a strong job market, and an excellent quality of life. The city is known for its highly educated population and its progressive and inclusive attitude. The surrounding mountains and outdoor recreation opportunities also make Salt Lake City a popular place to live for nature lovers.
What are some popular annual events in Salt Lake City?Salt Lake City hosts several annual events and festivals that draw visitors from around the world. Some of the most popular events include:
- Sundance Film Festival: Held in January, the Sundance Film Festival is the largest independent film festival in the United States.
- Utah Arts Festival: Held in June, the Utah Arts Festival is a celebration of local art and music.
- Pride Festival and Parade: Held in June, Salt Lake City’s Pride Festival and Parade is one of the largest in the Western United States.
- Pioner Day: Held on July 24th, Pioneer Day is a state holiday that celebrates the arrival of the Mormon pioneers in the Salt Lake Valley.
- Days of ’47 Parade: The Days of ’47 Parade is an annual celebration of Utah’s pioneers and is held on July 24th.
Is it true that Salt Lake City has an amazing restaurant scene?Yes, Salt Lake City has a vibrant and diverse food scene with a wide variety of cuisines and dining options. The city is known for its farm-to-table restaurants, craft breweries, and third-wave coffee shops. Some of the most popular restaurants in Salt Lake City include Forage, The Copper Onion, Pago, and Takashi.
What is the transportation like in Salt Lake City?Salt Lake City has a comprehensive public transportation system that includes buses, light rail trains, and streetcars. The Utah Transit Authority (UTA) operates the public transportation system and provides service throughout Salt Lake City and the surrounding area. Taxis and ride-sharing services, such as Uber and Lyft, are also readily available in Salt Lake City.
What are some free things to do in Salt Lake City?Salt Lake City has plenty of free attractions and activities for visitors. Some of the best free things to do in Salt Lake City include:
- Explore Temple Square and its surrounding historic buildings
- Visit the Utah State Capitol and take a free guided tour
- Hike the trails in City Creek Canyon
- Visit the Natural History Museum of Utah on the first Wednesday of the month for free admission
- Take a stroll through Liberty Park or Memory Grove Park