Are you planning to visit Taghazout? This charming village located on the Atlantic coast of Morocco has become a popular destination for surfers and beach lovers. But there is more to Taghazout than just surf and sand. In this post, we will explore the best attractions and things to do in Taghazout, from discovering the local culture to enjoying the stunning views at the top of the mountains. Get ready to add some exciting activities to your Taghazout itinerary!
The 4 Best Romantic Things To Do In Taghazout
- Taghazout Guided Sunset Camel Ride on the Beach
- From Taghazout Medina of Essaouira Guided Day Trip
- Taghazout Sunset Horse Riding Experience on the Beach
- From Taghazout Souk El Had Guided Tour in Agadir
The 4 Best Romantic Things To Do In Taghazout
1. Taghazout Guided Sunset Camel Ride on the Beach
Explore the beautiful beach of Taghazout on a guided sunset camel ride tour. Experience the thrill of riding a “Sahara 4×4” for 1 hour along the Atlantic Ocean while enjoying the breathtaking views of the sunset. The tour is held in English and French and includes hotel pick-up and drop-off within Taghazout town. Don’t worry if your hotel is not listed, just write your hotel name in the booking notes and the pick-up will be arranged accordingly. This romantic tour is perfect for couples or anyone looking for a peaceful and unique experience in Taghazout. Book your ride now and embark on an unforgettable adventure.
2. From Taghazout Medina of Essaouira Guided Day Trip
Explore the charming city of Essaouira and experience its unique culture and history on a day trip from Taghazout. After a scenic drive through the Atlas Mountains with stops to see the famous “flying goats”, relax in a Berber village, and learn about Argan oil production, you will arrive in Essaouira. The beautiful Medina, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, offers colorful landscapes and Moroccan-Portuguese architecture. You’ll have free time to explore the souk and ramparts of the Kasbah. This guided day trip includes air-conditioned transportation for your comfort.
3. Taghazout Sunset Horse Riding Experience on the Beach
Experience a delightful way to spend a couple of hours along the Atlantic ocean with our sunset horse riding tour in Taghazout. Our guided horse ride tour in English and French covers the ranch and along the Atlantic ocean. You will get to feel the ocean breeze while admiring the breathtaking views.
Enjoy the thrill of galloping through the waves and the feeling of flying into the sunset with the flowing tides and golden sands. During the tour, hotel pick up and drop-off cover all the hotels and surf-houses in Taghazout. Don’t hesitate to write your hotel name in Taghazout, and your driver will be there for you. Join us for an unforgettable sunset horse riding experience along the beach.
4. From Taghazout Souk El Had Guided Tour in Agadir
Take a few hours to explore the biggest walled market in Agadir with over 3000 shops on this guided tour from Taghazout to Souk El Had. Start the visit with a pick-up from your hotel and then drive to the city center of Agadir to experience the Souk El Hed or Sunday Market. Enjoy up to 3 hours of free time as a local in the market, where you can shop and discover local specialties. Afterward, you will be driven back to your hotel in Agadir or Taghazout. Note that the market is closed on Mondays, so there are no visits available on Mondays. This tour includes hotel pick-up, air-conditioned transportation, guided tour in both English and French, and up to 3 hours of free time in Souk El Hed.
Frequently Asked Questions About Taghazout: A Comprehensive Guide for TouristsTaghazout is a picturesque coastal town, located in the south of Morocco, along the Atlantic Ocean. Over the last decade, the town has become a popular holiday destination for travelers all over the world. It is the perfect place for those seeking a relaxing holiday, surfing or just escaping the hustle and bustle of city life. However, most tourists have questions about Taghazout before embarking on their adventure. This post aims to answer some of the most frequently asked questions.
1. What is the best time to visit Taghazout?The best time to visit Taghazout is from September to May. During these months, the temperature is around 20-25°C and the weather is mild. Summers are hot, with temperatures as high as 35°C. However, for those who enjoy surfing or other water sports, summer may be the best time to visit. In general, the weather in Taghazout is sunny and pleasant throughout the year.
2. How can I get to Taghazout?There are several options to get to Taghazout. The easiest way is to fly into Agadir-Al Massira Airport, which is just 25km away from Taghazout. From there, you can take a shared taxi, private transfer, or rent a car. Another option is to take a bus from Marrakech or Agadir. The bus journey takes around 3-4 hours and is fairly cheap.
3. What is the local currency in Taghazout?The local currency in Morocco is the Moroccan Dirham (MAD). It is recommended to exchange currency at banks or exchange bureaus rather than at hotels or at the airport. Credit cards are accepted in some hotels and restaurants, but it is always better to carry cash.
4. Is it safe to travel to Taghazout?Taghazout is generally a safe place to travel to. However, like any other tourist destination, it is advisable to take precautions against pickpockets and scams. It is also important to dress conservatively, especially when visiting religious sites.
5. What are the top things to do in Taghazout?Taghazout is a haven for surfers and water sports enthusiasts. Some of the top activities include surfing, kite surfing, windsurfing, paddleboarding, and jet skiing. For those who prefer a more relaxing holiday, there are plenty of beaches to explore, such as Panorama Beach, Devil’s Rock Beach, and Taghazout Beach. You can also take a camel ride along the beach or explore the local souks (markets) to buy handmade crafts and souvenirs.
6. What are some of the must-visit tourist attractions in Taghazout?There are plenty of tourist attractions in Taghazout and the surrounding areas. Some of the must-visit places include the Agadir Marina, the Souss Massa National Park, the Agadir Oufella Ruins, and the Paradise Valley. You can also take a day trip to the city of Essaouira or visit the historic city of Marrakech.
7. What is the local cuisine in Taghazout?Moroccan cuisine is known for its rich flavors and spices. Some of the must-try dishes in Taghazout include tagine (a stew cooked in a clay pot), couscous (semolina grains accompanied by meat, vegetables and spices), harira (a soup made of chickpeas, lentils, and tomatoes), and pastilla (a sweet and savory pastry with almonds, chicken or seafood filling).
8. What is the language spoken in Taghazout?The official language in Morocco is Arabic, but most locals in Taghazout speak Berber or a combination of Berber and Arabic. English and French are also widely spoken, especially in tourist areas, so language won’t be a problem for most travelers.
9. What is the dress code in Taghazout?Taghazout is a predominantly Muslim country, so it is important to dress modestly, especially when visiting religious sites or local markets. It is recommended to cover your shoulders and wear long pants or skirts. Beachwear is acceptable on the beach, but it is recommended to wear a cover-up or a t-shirt when leaving the beach area.
10. What is the tipping etiquette in Taghazout?Tipping is customary in Morocco, especially in restaurants and cafes. A tip of around 10% is usually enough. It is also common to tip other service providers, such as taxi drivers and tour guides. However, it is always best to check whether a service charge is already included.In conclusion, Taghazout is a beautiful holiday destination, perfect for those seeking a relaxing beach holiday or an adventure-filled surfing trip. Hopefully, this guide has answered some of the most frequently asked questions about the town and helped you prepare for your trip.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in TaghazoutAre you planning a trip to Taghazout and wondering what to do once you get there? Look no further! This guide will give you a comprehensive list of activities and sights to see during your stay in this beautiful coastal town.
1. SurfingTaghazout is known around the world as a prime surf spot. With its consistent waves and warm water, it’s a favorite destination for surfers of all levels. You can rent equipment or take lessons at one of the many local surf shops.
2. BeachesIf surfing isn’t for you, don’t worry! Taghazout also boasts some of the most beautiful beaches in Morocco. You can relax on the sand, swim in the clear blue water, or even go for a horseback ride along the shore.
3. Traditional MarketsTaghazout has several traditional markets, or souks, where you can find everything from local handicrafts to fresh produce. The most popular market is held on Tuesdays in neighboring town, Aourir. Be sure to do some bargaining to get the best deals!
4. HikingIf you’re in the mood for some adventure, there are plenty of hiking trails in the surrounding hills. You can explore the local flora and fauna, or hike up to a waterfall for a stunning view of the town below.
5. Moroccan CuisineNo trip to Taghazout would be complete without sampling some of the delicious local cuisine. From tagine to couscous, there are plenty of traditional dishes to try. Don’t forget to enjoy some fresh seafood by the water’s edge at one of the many seaside restaurants.
6. YogaIf you’re looking to relax and rejuvenate, Taghazout has several yoga studios and retreats where you can take classes or even spend multiple days in a wellness program. Some even offer surfing and yoga retreats together for a truly unique experience.
7. SunsetsLastly, don’t forget to enjoy the stunning sunsets over the ocean. Taghazout is known for its breathtaking sunsets, and they are a must-see for any tourist in the area. You can watch the sun dip below the horizon from the beach or from a seaside restaurant.With this list of activities, your trip to Taghazout is sure to be unforgettable. Don’t forget to take plenty of photos and savor every moment of your time in this beautiful coastal town.
Table of Contents